PDA

View Full Version : How does Whorn have 2 Crystal Balls?

SteelClip49
7/29/2009, 10:19 AM
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/fb-trophy-room.html

SteelClip49
7/29/2009, 10:20 AM
enough with the damn asteriks....link will not work now.

badger
7/29/2009, 10:24 AM
i can answer even without seeing the link - they made their own, kind of like they added 2008* to their championship list before everyone found out about it :D

texaz has four titles, so they just constructed their own little crystal balls to accompany them. it wouldn't surprise me if there's some 2008 Big 12 football championship trophy hidden somewhere at DKR :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
7/29/2009, 10:29 AM
i can answer even without seeing the link - they made their own, kind of like they added 2008* to their championship list before everyone found out about it :D

texaz has four titles, so they just constructed their own little crystal balls to accompany them. it wouldn't surprise me if there's some 2008 Big 12 football championship trophy hidden somewhere at DKR :rolleyes:

kinda like the Chamber of Secrets? :D :D :D

badger
7/29/2009, 10:35 AM

legend has it that if real, live wh0rns stare at the statues of their two (snicker snicker) Heisman winners, they will grown human bodies and start running around on two legs instead of four. The words to the incantation are "Give me a phat beat."
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkYOiKpaSXo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkYOiKpaSXo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JLEW1818
7/29/2009, 10:39 AM
hahahahahhahaha, that's freaking funny

Seamus
7/29/2009, 10:55 AM

Voldemort is a whorn fan.

JLEW1818
7/29/2009, 10:57 AM
lol, I'm sure he is

SoonerPr8r
7/29/2009, 10:59 AM
That video was a bit disturbing

badger
7/29/2009, 11:02 AM

it is amazing how OU can have such a good football intro video and so many other Big 12 schools don't.

The wh0rn one isn't even the worst... Kansas has fake fighter jets rising out of corn fields, KSU has some stupid skit (remember the one they did for us?), Tech used to have the fighting potatoes, A&M rips off ours (except without, you know, all of the championships, award winners, etc.) and OSU has some country crap before releasing their players onto the field via a cattle gate, heh :D

soonerfan28
7/29/2009, 11:15 AM
When does the intro for 2009 come out? Isn't it like the end of August.

JLEW1818
7/29/2009, 11:20 AM
sounds about right

BermudaSooner
7/29/2009, 12:24 PM
I thought that Texas one was a joke. Is that for real?

jumperstop
7/29/2009, 12:29 PM
I thought that *Texas* one was a joke. Is that for real?

Unfortunately they did play that before games...

Remeber Flordia's from the NCG, almost as lame as Texas'.

badger
7/29/2009, 12:30 PM
I thought that *Texas* one was a joke. Is that for real?

It's for real - but here's an even worse on; Florida's. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfPwwKhK8l4&feature=related)

soonerfan28
7/29/2009, 12:37 PM
gg32068

This has to be the greatest pregame video ever and is part of the pregame festivities at every home GATOR game. It's shown immediately prior to the team running out on to the field right before kick-off

Thanks gg32068, that has to be the biggest piece of sh*t I've seen so far and maybe you need to check out OU's.

bent rider
7/29/2009, 12:38 PM
The worst that I have seen is Appalachian State HOT,HOT,HOT, which was being cc'd around the interwebs a couple years ago. It was all very funny, except the humor was lost to the Michigan fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

meoveryouxinfinity
7/29/2009, 12:46 PM
The worst that I have seen is Appalachian State HOT,HOT,HOT, which was being cc'd around the interwebs a couple years ago. It was all very funny, except the humor was lost to the Michigan fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

I thought this was a local ad, not their pre-game video...??

OUDoc
7/29/2009, 01:10 PM
That video is horrible. No wonder Ricky and Earl won Heisman's, they have special powers and 1985 computer sound effects coming from their hands.
Is the state's computer graphics department at A&M or something?

SbOrOiNaEnR
7/29/2009, 01:28 PM
This has to be the greatest pregame video ever and is part of the pregame festivities at every home GATOR game. It's shown immediately prior to the team running out on to the field right before kick-off

Thanks gg32068, that has to be the biggest piece of sh*t I've seen so far and maybe you need to check out OU's.

If I wanted to see this garbage, I'd turn on Animal Planet.

Cam
7/29/2009, 01:52 PM
It's for real - but here's an even worse on; Florida's. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfPwwKhK8l4&feature=related)

Worst intro evar.

NormanPride
7/29/2009, 02:23 PM
No, this is much worse:

uYkm83rND0Q

I love the empty parts where they couldn't find nice clips to put in to the rockin' music.

bent rider
7/29/2009, 02:28 PM
I thought this was a local ad, not their pre-game video...??

True dat. Its a promo video, not football intro video.

Hot Rod
7/29/2009, 02:43 PM

Yeah, they all turned into the villian from Legend at the end! :eek:

Scott D
7/29/2009, 03:12 PM
to answer the original post, because they went back and a booster paid for one to be made for the 69 or 70 team.

badger
7/29/2009, 03:31 PM
The FAU video is funny because they had a 6-6 season(BCS is your goal?! lol) and barely beat Central Michigan in their bowl game last year... it's also funny because when you type in "Howard Schnelenberger" here you get "Howard Schnellenberger" instead :D

josh09
7/29/2009, 03:40 PM
This thread makes me so damn glad to be a Sooner.

cheezyq
7/29/2009, 04:33 PM
it is amazing how OU can have such a good football intro video and so many other Big 12 schools don't.

The wh0rn one isn't even the worst... Kansas has fake fighter jets rising out of corn fields, KSU has some stupid skit (remember the one they did for us?), Tech used to have the fighting potatoes, A&M rips off ours (except without, you know, all of the championships, award winners, etc.) and OSU has some country crap before releasing their players onto the field via a cattle gate, heh :D

It's called tradition. Teams that don't have it resort to sorry-*** hip-hop beats from the 80s, cows running around aimlessly, jets flying out of corn fields, etc. Unfortunately for most teams, there isn't a video library full of memorable, historical, goosebump-inducing plays available on campus.

badger
7/29/2009, 09:23 PM
It's called tradition. Teams that don't have it resort to sorry-*** hip-hop beats from the 80s, cows running around aimlessly, jets flying out of corn fields, etc. Unfortunately for most teams, there isn't a video library full of memorable, historical, goosebump-inducing plays available on campus.
If they have an ounce of pride in their school, they could come up with something... virtually every Big 12 school has something to be proud of, in their student's and alumni's opinion.

stoopified
7/30/2009, 06:55 AM
All Whorns have 2 Crystal balls.They are prostethic replacements for the REAL ones they lack. :D

Lott's Bandana
7/30/2009, 10:49 AM
All that's missing from the Texas video is the piles of cow **** all over campus.

SoonerInFortSmith
7/30/2009, 01:43 PM
No, this is much worse:

uYkm83rND0Q

I love the empty parts where they couldn't find nice clips to put in to the rockin' music.

"The owls won the New Orleans bowl."
WOOOOO HOOOOOO!

SoonerInFortSmith
7/30/2009, 01:48 PM
And as for the w*horns*' video:
We have a college here in Fort Smith called UAFS. Up until the last 2 yrs or so it has always been a junior college. They play a intro video in their 2000 seat basketball arena that has a CG lion running down the street with lightning and thunder and a ROOAAARRR and such. AND THE ANIMATION IS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN THE *Texas* VIDEO!!!!!!!
I can't believe the computer dept at tejas can't do any better than that. I hate the w*horns* and I am still embarrassed for them!

goingoneight
7/30/2009, 06:01 PM
All W*horns* have 2 Crystal balls.They are prostethic replacements for the REAL ones that got ripped off. :D

Fixed.

SoonerShark
7/30/2009, 07:16 PM
Steers don't have balls. They just dream about having them.