PDA

View Full Version : Sexat is bitter...hahahahaha

Sooner in Tampa
7/29/2009, 09:16 AM
Ya think, they mirror their coach...bunch of ****in crybabies

Link (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/11995115/rss)

But as we said, they're still upset and they're not holding back as the Big 12 media days continue this week in Dallas. The surprise is source of some of the invective. It's meek, mild, ministerial Colt McCoy (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/584648). The senior quarterback who would be king -- the Tech loss probably denied him the Heisman and a shot at Florida in the BCS title game -- recently, surprisingly let loose in an interview with CBSSports.com.

When it was suggested that Oklahoma (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/teams/page/OK) caught a break in riding the tiebreaker to its sixth conference title this decade, McCoy agreed.
"They did," the quarterback said. "They caught a huge break."

Texas won the game in October.
Oklahoma won the battle, as McCoy sees it, with a blizzard of points. "I think people get in their minds that if you score a ton of points, then you're the best team," he said.
That was clearly a shot at the perception that Oklahoma's record-breaking offense caught the voters' and computers' fancy last season. Especially down the stretch, as OU had several woodshed wins over Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and Missouri.

"We could have scored 100 points, probably, in three or four games," McCoy added. "That's not the way we played."

Despite the unholy friendship between the quarterbacks, it's on and everyone knows it. For a time, Oklahoma awarded Texas stickers to those who underperformed in workouts.

"If you weren't helping the University of Oklahoma, you were helping the enemy," Sooners tight end Jermaine Gresham said. "If you don't come and can't finish a workout, do things up to par, it had to be a Texas sticker. You were helping Texas today."

"I think I've become disappointed enough in the system that I'm moving on," Brown said. "I'm not letting it affect my ability to enjoy our players and enjoy coaching Texas. ... I get the whiner thing so I just stop."

DMAFB_Sooner08
7/29/2009, 09:18 AM
"I think I've become disappointed enough in the system that I'm moving on," Brown said. "I'm not letting it affect my ability to enjoy our players and enjoy coaching *Texas*. ... I get the whiner thing so I just stop."

Really? You decided to stop?

TheUnnamedSooner
7/29/2009, 09:34 AM
He must have decided to stop after that last statement, because he even found a way to whine in it. "I've become dissappointed enough to move on"

Also, this is the first I've heard of the texas stickers. I like it :D

Pricetag
7/29/2009, 09:42 AM
These are the same type of attitudes that Texas teams that we chewed up and spit out early in the decade had. I don't care how talented they are--if we lose to them this year, it's a red flag for us.

badger
7/29/2009, 09:45 AM
For a time, Oklahoma awarded Texaz stickers to those who underperformed in workouts.

"If you weren't helping the University of Oklahoma, you were helping the enemy," Sooners tight end Jermaine Gresham said. "If you don't come and can't finish a workout, do things up to par, it had to be a Texaz sticker. You were helping Texaz today."

I had no idea... that is so awesome! Sure, it isn't a marshmallow firing up the bunsen burner over the balls of steel (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/112508dnspoutamnotes.3dee3aa.html), but hey, it's pretty funny :D

EDIT: as always, take the asterisks outta the links or you will not see the page. Also, as another cruel joke against the asterisk thing, make texaz lower-case too.

Soonerman08
7/29/2009, 09:49 AM
Ya think, they mirror their coach...bunch of ****in crybabies

Link (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/11995115/rss)

"We could have scored 100 points, probably, in three or four games," McCoy added. "That's not the way we played."

Oh really?! Then how come you never even came close? Also, against whom are you talking about Mr. McCoy? You all struggled against a weak A&M team that OU just clown stomped.

NormanPride
7/29/2009, 10:12 AM
October 18 No. 11 Missouri W 56-31 7-0 (3-0)
October 25 No. 6 Oklahoma State W 28-24 8-0 (4-0)
November 1 at No. 7 Texas Tech L 39-33 8-1 (4-1)
November 8 Baylor W 45-21 9-1 (5-1)
November 15 at Kansas W 35-7 10-1 (6-1)
November 27 Texas A&M W 49-9 11-1 (7-1)
January 5 vs. No. 10 Ohio State* W 24-21 12-1 (7-1)

Yeah, I guess if they doubled up their score on Mizzou they could have hit 100. Baylor wasn't fighting too hard either, and A&M could have been 100 if they doubled their score...

The difference is that we did it in big games as well. OSU, Mizzou, Tceh... all had 60+ hung on them. Innarow.

pweitkem
7/29/2009, 10:13 AM
Attention Colt: the reason the computers don't like you is not that you don't score a lot of points, it's that you don't play anyone worth a damn out of conference. But DeLoss sees the errors of his way, he picked up Wyoming away this year along with some good testers in UTEP, Louisiana Monroe and Central Florida. The reason the voters liked OU more is that the Sooners whipped a team that beat you and handled Cincinnati and TCU.

Put a request to DeLoss to play someone worth a damn on your banner ya buncha pansies and get ready for a beating come October 17. Thanks for the fodder.

TexasLidig8r
7/29/2009, 10:14 AM

Oh really?! Then how come you never even came close? Also, against whom are you talking about Mr. McCoy? You all struggled against a weak A&M team that OU just clown stomped.

49 - 9 is struggling ?

:rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
7/29/2009, 10:17 AM
Attention *Colt*: the reason the computers don't like you is not that you don't score a lot of points, it's that you don't play anyone worth a damn out of conference. But DeLoss sees the errors of his way, he picked up Wyoming away this year along with some good testers in UTEP, Louisiana Monroe and Central Florida. The reason the voters liked OU more is that the Sooners whipped a team that beat you and handled Cincinnati and TCU.

Put a request to DeLoss to play someone worth a damn on your banner ya buncha pansies and get ready for a beating come October 17. Thanks for the fodder.

Don't let the fact that Utah and Arkansas both backed out of games against Texas last year.

And don't forget about the mighty Chattoonago and UDub teams you played last year.

And yes.. what bravery it took to schedule Cincy.. a team that had been horrible at best for pretty much its entire existence.

As for TCU.. we played, and beat them the year before.

Don't let those pesky facts get in the way though.

badger
7/29/2009, 10:18 AM
49 - 9 is struggling ?

you assume too much, in that he was referring to the past season, when in fact kolt has played texaz a&m several times, where each year OU has beaten them, while you guys cannot say the same thing, whether the game is home or away :D

my assumption is he was referring to one of the other years... in case you forgot, 38-30 and 12-7 :D

pweitkem
7/29/2009, 10:23 AM
Don't let the fact that Utah and Arkansas both backed out of games against *Texas* last year.

And don't forget about the mighty Chattoonago and UDub teams you played last year.

And yes.. what bravery it took to schedule Cincy.. a team that had been horrible at best for pretty much its entire existence.

Lid, please comment on these pesky facts:
Wyoming, UTEP, Louisiana Monroe, Central Florida... and the Utah and Arkansas games were backed out of when? OU picked up BYU earlier this year, why can't DeLoss do the same?

NormanPride
7/29/2009, 10:42 AM
We scheduled U-Dub when they were pretty good, and now they suck. Should we back out just because they're terrible? If that's the case, how the hell do you get away with playing Rice every year? Isn't that BORING? I mean, what if we played OCU or Arkansas St. every year? Pathetic.

Scheduling smack from Texas is laughable. ESPECIALLY against us.

SoonerBacker
7/29/2009, 10:50 AM
Lid - Go post on Whornfans! You seem to get some sort of f@*kin thrill from coming on a Sooner board and stirring shiite up! I could understand it if this was the week leading up to the RRS, but you spend so much time here, even in the off season, that one would think you were wanting to become a Sooner Fan!

Seamus
7/29/2009, 11:07 AM
you assume too much, in that he was referring to the past season, when in fact kolt has played texaz a&m several times, where each year OU has beaten them, while you guys cannot say the same thing, whether the game is home or away :D

my assumption is he was referring to one of the other years... in case you forgot, 38-30 and 12-7 :D

Haha.

PWN3D.

JLEW1818
7/29/2009, 11:11 AM
7 points against the aggies at home.... that's just a damn joke

Salt City Sooner
7/29/2009, 11:35 AM
Lid - Go post on Whornfans! You seem to get some sort of f@*kin thrill from coming on a Sooner board and stirring shiite up! I could understand it if this was the week leading up to the RRS, but you spend so much time here, even in the off season, that one would think you were wanting to become a Sooner Fan!
Oh, he has. In fact, he seems to be quite the Nostradamus over there:

Look for OU to lose 3 regular season games this year.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5994959&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all

& yes, when you have to put up 21 in the 4th quarter (but, but, we don't run it up) to even get to that 49 against a D as pathetic as A&M's was last year, you've struggled.

Jacie
7/29/2009, 11:48 AM

UT continues to see the fallout from that game. At one point the whorns had first and goal. They got it down to 4th and 1 and (presumably) whorn OC Davis calls a handoff to the fullback, Henry Melton. He got stuffed and on the ensuing drive, aggies take the lead.

The fallout: Mack has eschewed using a fullback ever since.

As an aside, Melton finished his career playing on defense . . .

In a similar vein last season the sa*et offense, after losing their starting TE in a season-ending injury, went with a three WR set on offense for everything except short yardage situations.

With just a little more tinkering, Mack or Davis could come up with a signature offense.

zeke
7/29/2009, 11:54 AM

Well said.

badger
7/29/2009, 11:56 AM

Rice band @ Austin: blah blah defense secretary former Texaz A&M president... normally we'd make a joke about Texaz A&M and defense, but the president might be onto something... considering the AGGIES HELD YOU TO SEVEN POINTS (band scatters to an oversized number seven)

UT crowd: BOOOOOOOOOO!

rainiersooner
7/29/2009, 12:05 PM
"It's done, it's over," he said. "Let's look at what we could have done differently. Beat Tech. That's it. Period. So let's put some of the blame on us.

There's a novel idea - putting some of the blame on himself/themselves. What a joke. I can't wait to watch Travis Lewis sodomize McCoy in October (figuratively speaking, of course).

picasso
7/29/2009, 12:15 PM
Just look at the schedules again this season.

I sure hope we can twist that thorn a wee bit more.

Collier11
7/29/2009, 12:19 PM
Don't let the fact that Utah and Arkansas both backed out of games against *Texas* last year.

silly old man, Cincy won the Big East, TCU is always a really good team, UW was respectable when we signed that series...as for UL Lafeyette, UCF, north dakota tech, and all those other sh*T bags that you guys play yearly, not so much. Nothing wrong with scheduling a bad team every year but you atleast have to offset it with decent other games. You guys do not, thats why the BCS liked us better

jumperstop
7/29/2009, 12:46 PM
silly old man, Cincy won the Big East, TCU is always a really good team, UW was respectable when we signed that series...as for UL Lafeyette, UCF, north dakota tech, and all those other sh*T bags that you guys play yearly, not so much. Nothing wrong with scheduling a bad team every year but you atleast have to offset it with decent other games. You guys do not, thats why the BCS liked us better

It makes sense to us soonerfans that if you play harder teams, the BCS will like you better. They just have to argue against the facts because their coaches and administration are too stupid to schedule a good team. I'm sure not all horn fans are as retard as Lid and they're just defending thier team's schedule even though they know they're wrong.

cheezyq
7/29/2009, 01:33 PM
49 - 9 is struggling ?

How many of those 49 pts were in the 4th quarter? 21 points in the 4th quarter for some "style" points? The score was 21-3 at the half, and that game was not pretty from a UT standpoint.

OU was up 28-0 on A&M 30 seconds into the 2nd quarter and 66-21 at the end of the 3rd. OU didn't score a single point in the 4th. We scored all our "style" points in the first half, going up 38-14. So yeah, you struggled.

Jello Biafra
7/29/2009, 01:36 PM
How many of those 49 pts were in the 4th quarter? 21 points in the 4th quarter for some "style" points? The score was 21-3 at the half, and that game was not pretty from a UT standpoint.

OU was up 28-0 on A&M 30 seconds into the 2nd quarter and 66-21 at the end of the 3rd. OU didn't score a single point in the 4th. We scored all our "style" points in the first half, going up 38-14. So yeah, you struggled.

he said....

hmmm oddly enough, lid escapes without sending nary a repsonse.
typical texas lawyer prick.

Collier11
7/29/2009, 01:51 PM
he will come back in 3 days saying how busy he is at work and he sorry he didnt have time to respond...thats what he does, get used to it ;)

cheezyq
7/29/2009, 02:08 PM
he said....

hmmm oddly enough, lid escapes without sending nary a repsonse.
typical *Texas* lawyer prick.

I laugh at this whole BS about OU running up the score. Sure we ran up the score...in the first half! Before the Mizzou game, OU "poured it on" in the 4th quarter by being outscored 69-82, including a 24-15 4th quarter output where OU had to keep scoring with the OSU game still in doubt. No WAY, OU ran up the score.

UT? Before the Big 12 championship, they scored 115 to their opponent's 61 in the 4th quarter.

And further, to Lid, no one is saying that UT wasn't a good team last year. Otherwise we'd be saying that OU sucked too because we lost to you. Sure, we had the advantage of having a better schedule. Sure we had the record-setting offense. And we absolutely used those to our advantage. But face the facts, OU was chosen because it did what it had to in order to get to the championship game. Why don't you ask your team to start doing the same instead of whining about OU? This is why you lose, whether it's to us, or when paving the way for another OU Big 12 championship.

P.S. - And just because your team was good last year doesn't mean that they don't suck. In the end, you're still Texas.

madillsoonerfan5353
7/29/2009, 07:42 PM
Play BCS teams in the non-con, you might get a "break"!

:gary:

JLEW1818
7/29/2009, 08:07 PM

correct. Texas scored more 4th quarter points than Oklahoma did, last season.

stoopified
7/29/2009, 10:01 PM
correct. *Texas* scored more 4th quarter points than Oklahoma did, last season.Don't confuse Orange Cow fans with silly things like FACTS.

SoonerInFortSmith
7/30/2009, 02:02 PM

Cincinnati was ranked in the top 25 when we played them last year.

Darn those pesky facts!

Crucifax Autumn
7/30/2009, 02:20 PM
Normally I say don't feed the troll, but making lid have a stroke over pesky facts? Pile it on!

Is it football season yet? I'm so ready to see OU bury those whiners.

SoonerBacker
7/30/2009, 02:32 PM
Wow! Lid must be really busy! He's been gone for 2 days!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's not been around. It's just so unlike him!

Suppose he picked up the Sergio case?

Oh, that's right! There was no prosecution in that case, was there?

fossil
7/30/2009, 03:55 PM

:cool: Wondering why you all don't just ignore Lid and his comments. If you don't acknowledge his stupid remarks, he gets bored and goes off by himelf. Just don't respond to his nonsense.

Statalyzer
7/30/2009, 04:59 PM
Jermaine Gresham said "If you come and return a kick for a TD, break loose for a 60 yard run in the 4th quarter after wearing a weaker-conditioned team out, or shut down the other team's rushing offense entirely, it has to be a Texas sticker.

FIFY.

NormanPride
7/30/2009, 05:30 PM
Hey! That's not what he said! You're just mad because we won the Big 12!

SoonerInFortSmith
7/30/2009, 08:07 PM
Jermaine Gresham said "If your defense chokes on the last play of the game and the result is a loss and you lose out on the tiebreaker for the Big XII south and whine about it, it has to be a Texas sticker.

FIFY statalyzer

Jboozer
7/30/2009, 08:25 PM

Don't forget the fact that bradford came out in almost every third quarter of last year, and usually in the first 5 of the third. Colt played all the way into the 4th of most games. I guess pulling your starters is a clear sign that your running up the score!

MyT Oklahoma
8/1/2009, 01:23 AM
I laugh at this whole BS about OU running up the score. Sure we ran up the score...in the first half! Before the Mizzou game, OU "poured it on" in the 4th quarter by being outscored 69-82, including a 24-15 4th quarter output where OU had to keep scoring with the OSU game still in doubt. No WAY, OU ran up the score.

UT? Before the Big 12 championship, they scored 115 to their opponent's 61 in the 4th quarter.

And further, to Lid, no one is saying that UT wasn't a good team last year. Otherwise we'd be saying that OU sucked too because we lost to you. Sure, we had the advantage of having a better schedule. Sure we had the record-setting offense. And we absolutely used those to our advantage. But face the facts, OU was chosen because it did what it had to in order to get to the championship game. Why don't you ask your team to start doing the same instead of whining about OU? This is why you lose, whether it's to us, or when paving the way for another OU Big 12 championship.

P.S. - And just because your team was good last year doesn't mean that they don't suck. In the end, you're still *Texas*.

OMG.. the P.S. was really low. Funny as heck of course but still low. Not that I give a rat's *** of course. It's not our fault that they make themselves such easy targets.