PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bicyclists,

mdklatt
7/28/2009, 10:30 PM
Stop signs apply to you too, you know. As do yield signs, traffic lights, lane markings, driving on the right side of the road, construction barriers, and, well, pretty much every traffic law. The next time I see one of you ****ers obey a traffic law it will be the first time. So you can take your "Share the Road" horse**** and shove it up up your spandex-clad asses.

P.S. Suck a bag of dicks.

fadada1
7/28/2009, 10:41 PM
right there with ya. almost hit a guy the other day - decided not to stop at a red light when i was able to turn "right on red". MORON!

olevetonahill
7/28/2009, 10:47 PM
Whats this ALMOST stuff
Get the Points ;)

stoopified
7/28/2009, 11:34 PM
I agree there are a lot of idiots riding bikes who don't pay attention to traffic laws.The flip side is that there are a lot of idiot DRIVERS who DO NOT realize that a person on a bike is entitled to a FULL lane on the road.I don't how many times I have been crowded off the road or even run off the road by drivers who either do not realize they have to share the road or they just don't care.Anymore I stay on sidewalks wherever possible,a bike is no match for a 2000 pound car.

Curly Bill
7/28/2009, 11:41 PM
I know that by law a bicyclist has a right to use the roadway same as someone in an auto, but frankly if you do you're courting trouble IMO. It's just too risky.

...and yet some bicyclist seem to go out of their way to show that they have those rights. These are the ones I think would make a nice hood ornament. ;)

stoopified
7/28/2009, 11:45 PM
I know that by law a bicyclist has a right to use the roadway same as someone in an auto, but frankly if you do you're courting trouble IMO. It's just too risky.

...and yet some bicyclist seem to go out of their way to show that they have those rights. These are the ones I think would make a nice hood ornament. ;)It is guys like you who keep me on the sidewalk whenever possible. :)

Curly Bill
7/28/2009, 11:51 PM
It is guys like you who keep me on the sidewalk whenever possible. :)

I really do try to be respectful of bicyclists, and especially if they show that they are aware that they can cause problems for themselves and cars too if they aren't careful, so they ride on the sidewalk when they can, on the shoulder of the road when they can, etc...

It's the ones that are right out in the big middle of the road when there are better alternatives available, that get under my skin.

Frozen Sooner
7/28/2009, 11:54 PM

...and yet some bicyclist seem to go out of their way to show that they have those rights. These are the ones I think would make a nice hood ornament. ;)

I'll add crotch rocket bikers to that list as well.

Generally the old-school bikers are pretty good about following the rules of the road. I'm awfully tired, though, of smug a-holes who have "Watch for Motorcycles" on their Saab then go out and travel at excessive speeds, fail to signal, lane-split, etc.

Tell you what-watch for cars, dick. It's not MY vertebrae that'll shoot out MY anus when we collide.

Curly Bill
7/28/2009, 11:55 PM
Yup

badger
7/29/2009, 07:54 AM
There have been a lot of bike accidents involving cars reported up here lately, including that incident that resulted in a few deaths when a DUI driver went off on a few bikers... I think last month.

In any event, rather than shouting "it's the principle" next time your biker self decides to go incredibly slow while ignoring all of the car horns honking behind you, or your driver self decides to lay on the horn because a bike isn't allowing you to pass, just let it go and realize that you really aren't in that much of a d@mn hurry to threaten yours or someone else's life.

BornandBred
7/29/2009, 08:03 AM
Tell you what-watch for cars, dick. It's not MY vertebrae that'll shoot out MY anus when we collide.

What a pleasing image.

AggieTool
7/29/2009, 08:21 AM
There have been a lot of bike accidents involving cars reported up here lately, including that incident that resulted in a few deaths when a DUI driver went off on a few bikers... I think last month.

In any event, rather than shouting "it's the principle" next time your biker self decides to go incredibly slow while ignoring all of the car *horns* honking behind you, or your driver self decides to lay on the horn because a bike isn't allowing you to pass, just let it go and realize that you really aren't in that much of a d@mn hurry to threaten yours or someone else's life.

Noooooo.......

Fat goober rednecks in pickups with bumper stickers and unused off-road gear have the right of way!:mad:

Veritas
7/29/2009, 08:54 AM
Stop signs apply to you too, you know. As do yield signs, traffic lights, lane markings, driving on the right side of the road, construction barriers, and, well, pretty much every traffic law. The next time I see one of you ****ers obey a traffic law it will be the first time. So you can take your "Share the Road" horse**** and shove it up up your spandex-clad asses.

P.S. Suck a bag of dicks.
Amen. I passed some ********* the other day holding up traffic...with a nice 10 foot wide bike path the city built just a few feet away.

And I ride a bike to work almost every day. On the sidewalk, where I belong, because I don't want to be an *******.

picasso
7/29/2009, 09:08 AM
I agree there are a lot of idiots riding bikes who don't pay attention to traffic laws.The flip side is that there are a lot of idiot DRIVERS who DO NOT realize that a person on a bike is entitled to a FULL lane on the road.I don't how many times I have been crowded off the road or even run off the road by drivers who either do not realize they have to share the road or they just don't care.Anymore I stay on sidewalks wherever possible,a bike is no match for a 2000 pound car.

You have that right but when there's a pile of 5 cars behind you then one might think about moving over a bit.
My biggest annoyance is the bikers who ride down 15th street. Try a side street there Skip.

cantwait48
7/29/2009, 03:33 PM
I used to live out in the western us and my biggest fear was getting run over by some idiot on a bike doing 30 mph while walking down the sidewalk.

JohnnyMack
7/29/2009, 03:37 PM
http://www.bikerfox.com/foxphotos3/images/DSCF3591.jpg

picasso
7/29/2009, 03:43 PM
http://www.bikerfox.com/foxphotos3/images/DSCF3591.jpg

ChokingYourChickenFox?

C&CDean
7/29/2009, 03:44 PM
Oldnslo is gonna so kick your ***.

beer4me
7/29/2009, 04:14 PM
Just for Oklahoma it may be different where you live, but yea bicycle's annoy the crap outta me cause where I am at they think I must bend to whatever they want to do:mad:

THE LAW AND BIKES
Bold indicates a generalized interpretation of Oklahoma law. The appropriate Title and Section is cited in parentheses for reference of the actual law. Italics indicate additional information or advice for safety.

Traffic laws apply to persons riding bicycles. Although not defined as a vehicle, a bicyclist upon a roadway shall have all the rights and responsibilities of a vehicle operator, except when specifically regulated otherwise. Yet, some regulations may not apply to bicycles because of their nature. (Title 47 § 11-1202) Most laws applicable to motor vehicle operators also apply to bicyclists. Inquire with local law enforcement officials to determine the application of specific laws not addressed in this manual.

Bicyclists must obey all traffic control devices and signs, as a motor vehicle operator would.
(Title 47 § 11-201)
Local authorities may regulate the operation of bicycles in their jurisdiction. They may also require registration and licensing of bicycles. (Title 47 § 15102) Check with your city or county government to determine if they have additional regulations concerning bicyclists.
Local laws or ordinances may require a bicyclist to use a bike path adjacent to a roadway, instead of the roadway. (Title 47 § 11-1205) Check with your local officials to determine if your town, city or county has such a regulation.
A bicyclist upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practical. Bicyclists should use caution when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction. (Title 47 § 11-1205) See the ADDITIONAL SAFETY TIPS section on page 20 for more information concerning proper road position.
All vehicles must be driven upon the right half of the roadway except:

When passing a vehicle proceeding in the same direction.

When an obstruction makes it necessary to drive left of center. You must yield to vehicles traveling in their proper lane.

Upon a roadway restricted to one-way traffic.

Upon a roadway with more than two lanes, providing for turn movements or additional lanes of travel in the same direction.

Bicyclists should remain as far to the right as practical unless passing or turning. (Title 47 § 11-301)

Bicycles should always travel with the flow of traffic. Riding on the left is illegal and unsafe. Motorists typically don't look right for oncoming traffic when entering the street from a driveway or intersection.

Head-on collisions are a definite danger of riding the wrong-way. A head-on collision greatly increases the likelihood of serious injury or death. While riding the wrong way, a bicyclist reduces
the reaction times available to motorists and himself.

No vehicle may pass another vehicle on the right unless the other vehicle is making a left turn or there is a separate lane for travel in the same direction. This may be done only if there is sufficient room on the normally traveled portion of the roadway and if such movement is safe. (Title 47 § 11-304) Bicyclists should pay special attention to this law at intersections. Use the appropriate lane and don't ride beside vehicles in the same lane.

A bicyclist shall not ride beside more than one other bicyclist on a roadway, except in those areas designated as exclusive for bicycle use. (Title 47 § 11-1205) Unless riding on a bike path or bike lane, signed for the exclusive use of bicycles, bicyclists should not ride more than two abreast.

Signal your intention to turn, slow, or stop. When turning, you must signal continuously at least 100 feet before the turn and while you are stopped, waiting to turn, unless use of your hand is needed to control your bicycle. (Title 47 § 11-604)

Left turn - Left hand and arm extended horizontally.

Right turn - Left hand and arm extended upward.

Stop or decrease speed - Left hand and arm extended downward. (Title 47 § 11-606)

In some areas of the U.S., the straight extension of the right arm indicates a right turn for bicyclists. All vehicle operators should remember this and take appropriate action if a bicyclist signals with his or her right arm.

The parent or guardian of a child shall not knowingly permit a child to violate any laws while riding a bicycle. (Title 47 § 11-1201) Parents should familiarize themselves with Oklahoma law and proper bicycle safety, then teach their children. See CHILDREN AND BICYCLES.

A person riding a bicycle must ride upon, or astride, a permanent and regular seat. No more people may ride upon the bicycle than for which it is designed and equipped. (Title 47 § 11-1203)

A bicyclist shall not carry anything that prevents them from keeping at least one hand upon the handle bars. (Title 47 § 111206) See the TRANSPORTING LOADS section for advice on carrying items with a bicycle.

No bicyclist shall attach themselves, or the bicycle, to any other vehicle. (Title 47 § 111204) Using a motor vehicle to pull or propel a bicycle is extremely dangerous.

A bicycle used at nighttime must be equipped with a headlamp and rear red reflector. The headlamp must be visible at least five hundred feet. The rear red reflector must be visible at all points between fifty feet and three hundred feet when directly in front of the "upper" headlamps of a motor vehicle. A lamp emitting a red light may be used to supplement the rear reflector, if the light is visible a distance of five hundred feet. (Title 47 § 11-1207) Bicyclists should remember that they are hard to see at nighttime. See the ADDITIONAL SAFETY TIPS following this section. Parents are encouraged to restrict children from riding at night.

A bicycle must be equipped with appropriate brakes. (Title 47 § 11-1207)

No vehicle may be operated below the minimum speed limit on any part of a highway with a declared minimum speed limit. (Title 47 § 11-804) The Oklahoma Department of Transportation has established a minimum speed for all controlled access facilities, such as intestates. No bicycle will be allowed to operate on these facilities unless a portion is designated and signed as a bicycle route. On such designated routes, bicycles may not be ridden on the travel lanes of the highway. The minimum speed will not apply to bicycles on a designated route.

No bicycle or man-powered vehicle may be operated on a turnpike. (Title 47 § 11-1401)

No person shall throw or drop any substance on a moving vehicle. This is a FELONY punishable by as many as ten years in prison. (Title 47 § 11-1111) Anyone throwing items at bicyclists should be reported to the police. Bicyclists should also heed this law and not throw things in frustration or anger.

A bicyclist arrested for a misdemeanor violation of state traffic laws, only, shall be released by the arresting officer upon personal recognizance if the bicyclist can prove his or her identity to the satisfaction of the officer, and signs a written promise to appear as ordered. (Title 22 § 1115) Bicyclists should carry identification with them at all times. Although bicyclists are not required to be licensed, they are subject to arrest and detention.

heck with look fer urself

http://www.oklahomabicyclesociety.com/OklaBicycleManual/OBM_p05.htm

GottaHavePride
7/29/2009, 09:25 PM
The flip side is that there are a lot of idiot DRIVERS who DO NOT realize that a person on a bike is entitled to a FULL lane on the road.

I understand this - but I'm not about to sit behind a bike on a one-lane road waiting for them to get wherever they're going. I'll pass them and give them as much space as I possibly can. But I'm still passing them.

Soonerus
7/29/2009, 09:30 PM
Given all of the fat asses in our state we should welcome all of the bike riders we can...

GottaHavePride
7/29/2009, 09:31 PM
Heh. True that.

jkjsooner
7/30/2009, 11:08 AM
right there with ya. almost hit a guy the other day - decided not to stop at a red light when i was able to turn "right on red". MORON!

Sometimes they go back and forth between being a pedestrian and a member of the road - whatever is convenient for them. It creates very dangerous situations at intersections.

I also hate motorcyclists who split lanes. Unfortunately that is legal in some states. I think it's crazy because as a driver I feel that once I've established myself in a lane I feel like I have that entire lane. In addition, when changing lanes it is extremely hard to see the biker who is coming up behind you between lanes.

jkjsooner
7/30/2009, 11:14 AM
Oh, one more thing, those bike groups who intentionally block intersections to demonstrate that we must share the road are idiots. How illogical is it to disobey traffic laws to prove you are an equal member of the road?

mdklatt
7/30/2009, 04:30 PM
I agree there are a lot of idiots riding bikes who don't pay attention to traffic laws.The flip side is that there are a lot of idiot DRIVERS who DO NOT realize that a person on a bike is entitled to a FULL lane on the road.

That FULL lane must be on the RIGHT side of the road, no? One night I was driving southbound on McGee here in Norman. As I was approaching the 3-way stop at Brooks, a bicyclist made a left turn turn from Brooks onto McGee--without stopping, of course--directly into my lane headed northbound. As I'm slamming on the brakes and this piece of **** is about a half-second from becoming a hood ornament, he squeezes between me and the curb. This was not a last-minute evasive maneuver for him, but obviously what he planned to do as soon as he made the turn. ****er.

:mad:

mdklatt
8/13/2009, 02:45 PM
MOTHER****ING COCKSUCKING SONOFABITCH. As if theses pieces of **** weren't enough of a menace on the street, I almost got run over by some goat****er on the sidewalk. He came flying up behind me and I never knew he was there until his ****ing backpack brushed against my elbow as he sped past. That's cutting it a little ****ing close, don't you think?

At least the pricks riding around on campus have the "courtesy" to yell "MOVE!" before they almost mow you down.

GO **** YOURSELVES, TWO-WHEELED *******S. :mad: :mad: :mad:

BornandBred
8/13/2009, 02:48 PM
Stick + front wheel of raging ******* bicyclist = hahahahahaha

mdklatt
8/13/2009, 02:57 PM

I'm thinking more like front bumper + back wheel of raging ******* bicyclist = hahahahahaha

All you bicycle-riding beyonces better stay the hell away from Boyd St. between 6:00 and 7:00 tonight.

Pricetag
8/13/2009, 03:04 PM
I love it in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when Indy does that to a German motorcycle, and then looks over with satisfaction at his dad, who gives him a look of disapproval.

GrapevineSooner
8/13/2009, 03:21 PM
The cyclist who takes up the entire lane ranks right up there with the idiots in the parking lot who insist on walking right down the middle of the aisle and holding up vehicular traffic.

soonerhubs
8/13/2009, 03:22 PM
This campus has them as well, and it makes me want to push them over as they ride by, especially when they aren't supposed to be riding in the places I'm walking.

mdklatt
8/13/2009, 03:35 PM
The cyclist who takes up the entire lane ranks right up there with the idiots in the parking lot who insist on walking right down the middle of the aisle and holding up vehicular traffic.

You know what, it doesn't even bother me when bicyclists are blocking a lane. I come across this all time on Alameda when going to and from T'bird, and it's easy enough to go around them. It's the ****ers who run stop signs and traffic lights, ride on the wrong side of the road, ride on the sidewalk where they're not supposed to, weave in and out of traffic, cut between you and the curb to make a right turn when you're turning right, etc. etc. etc. that pisses me the **** off.

It's 99% of bicyclists that make the rest look bad.

C&CDean
8/13/2009, 03:46 PM
Dude, you do know that all liberals LOVE bicycles don't you?

Animal Mother
8/13/2009, 04:33 PM
Dude, you do know that all liberals LOVE bicycles don't you?

You just like the feeling of the seat giving you a wedgie Dean! :)

Seriously. You wanna see bikers with an attitude? Come down to Far North Tarrant County. There are all these old winding roads between Keller and Southlake. These Lance Armstrong wannabes are lurking around every curve. I'm taking a swig out of my St. Arnold's Lawnmower beer and next thing I know SPLAT! I've just put three of the nozzles into a barb wire fence. If they didn't cry like little girls it would be more fun. When I pass a covey of 6 or 7 I ALWAYS scream "Lance!? Is that you!?" They throw sh!t. They got no sense of humor.

yermom
8/13/2009, 04:41 PM
you don't want us on the sidewalk, you don't want us on the street. where should we ride then? :mad:

setem
8/13/2009, 04:42 PM
Ehhh I have a decent bike to ride but I only ride it to class and I keep it in the truck for when I am too drunk to drive!

mdklatt
8/13/2009, 04:59 PM
you don't want us on the sidewalk, you don't want us on the street. where should we ride then? :mad:

On the street, just follow the damn rules. Like I said earlier, I don't mind when some Lance Armstrong wannabe is clogging up Alameda, but when some ****er forces me to slam on my brakes because he didn't feel like stopping at a stop sign I get a little pissed.

yermom
8/13/2009, 05:00 PM
i generally only run stop signs if cars have one too :D

mdklatt
8/13/2009, 05:03 PM
i generally only run stop signs if cars have one too :D

99%....