PDA

View Full Version : A serious thread

olevetonahill
7/28/2009, 04:48 PM
Has anyone ever tried the Milk in a box?

I bot some 1% it comes in a box and ya just keep in yer cabinet /pantry till ya need it then Refrigerate it to Chill it
Its good stuff , I like it cause a QT of Milk is Just about all Ill use . I buy a gallon and it sours , Buy a 1/2 gal and its sours. This way I always have Milk on hand
Ya can Order it here 36 Bucks shipping and all fer 38 qts

http://www.gossner.com/home/gossner/index.php

yermom
7/28/2009, 04:56 PM
almost $4 a gallon, hmm

how does it taste? do you drink it or just cook with it?

i've been buying soy milk lately for cereal. that's about all i use milk for...

olevetonahill
7/28/2009, 05:00 PM
almost $4 a gallon, hmm

how does it taste? do you drink it or just cook with it?

i've been buying soy milk lately for cereal. that's about all i use milk for...

1% and it tastes Great, I use it fer cookin and drinkin.
ya its a tad pricey but the convenience is worth it . Plus I have no waste any more & I always have milk on hand
Fer a single dude Like me who HATES going to the store its well worth it :cool:
The shelf life is at least a year , and when ya open it it tastes fresh .

kbsooner21
7/28/2009, 05:01 PM
Just sounds gross to me

GottaHavePride
7/28/2009, 05:06 PM
Europe sells a lot of those shelf-stable dairy products.

olevetonahill
7/28/2009, 05:07 PM
Just sounds gross to me

Hell when I a friend gave me a Box I said what the hell Ill try it . I love Milk , Tried it and Have a bunch on hand now
Got an Unopened box in the fridge chillin now

If have a family or can use a gal or 1/2 gal before it sours, I cant it goes to waste ,then do that
But for Me It works out Great
Its the best Milk solution fer My needs
jes sayin

soonerhubs
7/28/2009, 05:12 PM
That link just makes me miss Cache Valley. What a scenic area!

StoopTroup
7/28/2009, 05:49 PM
Milk in a box....lol

NSFW

WhwbxEfy7fg&feature=related

olevetonahill
7/28/2009, 05:54 PM
Milk in a box....lol

NSFW

WhwbxEfy7fg&feature=related

Ya sick bastage
at least ya pulled yer drawers up :D

A Sooner in Texas
7/28/2009, 06:43 PM
Vet, I buy organic milk cause it's ultra-pasteurized and lasts literally for weeks. I don't use a lot of milk, except for cereal, and the organic stuff tastes great. It's a little pricier than the regular but worth it when it lasts so much longer. I'm like you - a quart of the regular milk sours almost instantaneously, it seems like.

Okla-homey
7/28/2009, 07:17 PM
Has anyone ever tried the Milk in a box?

I bot some 1% it comes in a box and ya just keep in yer cabinet /pantry till ya need it then Refrigerate it to Chill it
Its good stuff , I like it cause a QT of Milk is Just about all Ill use . I buy a gallon and it sours , Buy a 1/2 gal and its sours. This way I always have Milk on hand
Ya can Order it here 36 Bucks shipping and all fer 38 qts

http://www.gossner.com/home/gossner/index.php

I used a of that shat while deployed -- in cereal. It's shelf life is something like a decade. I don't actually drink milk so no matter to me, but the folks who do say if drunk extremely cold, its palatable.

In the 90's I spent a month in the Australian outback on an exercise. The town and villages in the Northern Territory have only that stuff cuz the nearest dairy is about 1800 miles away. But they have beer, so its all good.

OUAlumni1990
7/28/2009, 10:46 PM
http://www.knitemare.org/cats/serious_cat.jpg

olevetonahill
7/28/2009, 11:24 PM
Yall do and say what ya want
Im saying this Is great tasting and perfect fer someone like me so there :P

stoopified
7/28/2009, 11:49 PM
1% and it tastes Great, I use it fer cookin and drinkin.
ya its a tad pricey but the convenience is worth it . Plus I have no waste any more & I always have milk on hand
Fer a single dude Like me who HATES going to the store its well worth it :cool:
The shelf life is at least a year , and when ya open it it tastes fresh .I've got a 5 yr. old boy and a 2 yr. old boy who could help you avoid wasting regular milk. :)

Fraggle145
7/29/2009, 01:24 AM
Vet, I buy organic milk cause it's ultra-pasteurized and lasts literally for weeks. I don't use a lot of milk, except for cereal, and the organic stuff tastes great. It's a little pricier than the regular but worth it when it lasts so much longer. I'm like you - a quart of the regular milk sours almost instantaneously, it seems like.

Me too, typically when you buy it you got about a month to drink it. Its better tasting than normal milk imho. Braums and Mayfield (for those out in the southeast) have damn fine milk too. The box looks like this:

http://static.huddler.com/imgrepo/thumbs/c/c5/horizon_milk.jpg/265x265px-LS-horizon_milk.jpg

Frozen Sooner
7/29/2009, 02:17 AM
Heh. $4 a gallon doesn't sound all THAT pricey to me...

I'm so looking forward to a grocery store trip not requiring checking the available credit on the Visa..

Frozen Sooner
7/29/2009, 02:18 AM
Fat joke goes here.

And down 59 pounds since this time last year, beyonces.

King Crimson
7/29/2009, 04:10 AM
Fat joke goes here.

And down 59 pounds since this time last year, beyonces.

damn, that's for real. get a single speed bike and lot's of tang in Tuscaloosa.

spek. i hurt my back 16 months ago slipping on the ice and gained about 20 lbs instantly sitting in front of the computer, cooking, access to cheap fresh mozz....and i've started swimming and shizz and only lost about 10 lbs in the last 6 months.

AlbqSooner
7/29/2009, 06:21 AM
When I lived in Florida I used to take the milk in a box on boat trips that were going to be at least overnight. Keep it on a shelf, throw it in the ice chest at night and have it available for pancakes or cereal in the morning.

Also used to buy a lot of strawberry sponge cake in a can. I think that was the source of the line in "Margaritaville".

Frozen Sooner
7/29/2009, 08:20 AM
damn, that's for real. get a single speed bike and lot's of tang in Tuscaloosa.

spek. i hurt my back 16 months ago slipping on the ice and gained about 20 lbs instantly sitting in front of the computer, cooking, access to cheap fresh mozz....and i've started swimming and shizz and only lost about 10 lbs in the last 6 months.

Did you say cheap fresh Moz?

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060712/18114__morrissey_l.jpg

Fire up the Bri signal!

Turd_Ferguson
7/29/2009, 08:46 AM
I've got a 5 yr. old boy and a 2 yr. old boy who could help you avoid wasting regular milk. :)Heh. My 18, 14 and 8 year old keeps Braum's in bidness.:D