PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico Burress & Pierce. Should they do Jail time?

MojoRisen
7/28/2009, 12:16 PM
I was curious as to what some of you think about Plaxico Burress and Antonio Pierce cases.

First off, Plaxico had bought the gun legally, can prove that he did not get the renewel permit as it was sent to the wrong address and was robbed just a week prior to the incident - having his back door kicked in. It also sounds like Plaxico was robbed several times before as well.. He shot himself on accident and not in trying to comit a crime... Should he have to do Prison time? The full mandatory 3.5 years?

All Pierce did was drive him to the Hospital, sounds like the security guard put the gun in his glove compartment. After Pierce drove Plaxico to the hospital he went to Plaxico's house and dropped off the gun. He is now facing felony gun charges and in NYC carries a mandatory 3.5 year Prison Term.

I think this DA is way off in trying to charge Pierce, and I think Plaxico should get a deal in county of no more than 30 days. That is just me, I would be interested in what you guys think.

soonerfan28
7/28/2009, 12:41 PM
Yea, I think Plaxico should do some time, but not Pierce. What are you supposed to do when somebody get shot? I would think you take them to the hospital. If Plaxico had a permit to carry then maybe not, but that gun could have shot someone else and if you're carrying it illegally then you should face the punishment.

JLEW1818
7/28/2009, 12:42 PM
life in jail

BermudaSooner
7/28/2009, 12:49 PM
I'd say shooting yourself should teach you a lesson--I haven't followed the story fully, but think this is just highlighting how ridiculous East Coast gun laws are.

As for Pierce, what should he have done? Is the prosecutor really saying he should have left his bleeding buddy there and taken off?

MojoRisen
7/28/2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah, as far as Pierce was concerned the gun was legal. I definitely think that a celebrity carrying a gun vs a known street thug - and the gun being bought and registered legally vs bought illegally is reason to read through that mandatory sentence of 3.5 years.

That seems extra harsh to me... I think the DA is just trying to force people to testify against Burress... Pierce should just take that to trial with a Jury.

They are saying they are offering Burress 2 years in Prison, I just think that is too harsh in this case.

Cam
7/28/2009, 02:13 PM
Absolutely. From what I can tell, the law is very cut and dried. You get caught carrying a loaded gun, you do time. There are no ifs/ands/buts about it. Just cause he's a dumb *** and shot himself, it doesn't let him off the hook.

kbsooner21
7/28/2009, 02:29 PM
And waste more taxpayer dollars? Hell no! Fine him big, and let him go. Give me a break.

yermom
7/28/2009, 02:39 PM
it's hard for me to back NY's gun laws, even if i do hate that guy (ugh, Giants)

unless he's a felon and has some violent crime history i don't know about, i think he should be sentenced to a gun safety course

Cam
7/28/2009, 02:44 PM
it's hard for me to back NY's gun laws, even if i do hate that guy (ugh, Giants)

unless he's a felon and has some violent crime history i don't know about, i think he should be sentenced to a gun safety course

Don't disagree with you, I would have voted against it if given the opportunity. But, this was a very highly publicized law that went into effect. He was stupid as hell and got caught.

virginiasooner
7/28/2009, 02:50 PM
If he shot himself in his home, then yeah, fine him and let it go. But he was in a nightclub! Other people could have been injured. And since he had a bodyguard with him, why did he feel the need to carry a gun? And what sort of moron tucks A GUN into a pair of sweats? Hasn't he heard of this new fangled thing called a holster? I hope he gets hit with the max. You screw up, you pay the price.

yermom
7/28/2009, 02:53 PM
i'm exaggerating a bit there, i'll admit

he probably does deserve a fine, and some probation. but years of hard time? that seems excessive

olevetonahill
7/28/2009, 05:15 PM
i'm exaggerating a bit there, i'll admit

he probably does deserve a fine, and some probation. but years of hard time? that seems excessive

Agreed

adoniijahsooner
7/29/2009, 08:13 AM
If he shot himself in his home, then yeah, fine him and let it go. But he was in a nightclub! Other people could have been injured. And since he had a bodyguard with him, why did he feel the need to carry a gun? And what sort of moron tucks A GUN into a pair of sweats? Hasn't he heard of this new fangled thing called a holster? I hope he gets hit with the max. You screw up, you pay the price.

Why use a holster when you can feel the blue steel, up against your junk?:D
Plax is an idiot, and though i am pro guns, guys like this are a danger.

sooner518
7/29/2009, 09:14 AM
I cant stand it when DAs "make examples" of people. That said, NYC has very strict laws on guns, but I would be interested to see similar cases of people bringing guns into nightclubs and seeing what plea deals they got. Im guessing there are quite a bit of them who got alot less than 2 years.

Pierce getting charged is moronic