PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Colvin picks....

bent rider
7/26/2009, 10:30 PM
dunno yet, of course its gotta be OsWho or OU or he'd be on KC teevee tonight...

not sure I like the media circus around these things...

bent rider
7/26/2009, 11:14 PM
The Sooners. Wants to win championships. Smart guy. Welcome.

soonerfan28
7/27/2009, 08:21 AM
not sure I like the media circus around these things...

Me neither.......unless they're pickin' OU.

badger
7/27/2009, 08:31 AM
Me neither.......unless they're pickin' OU.

He picked OU, so you likey now? :D

soonerfan28
7/27/2009, 08:37 AM
For sure.

jumperstop
7/27/2009, 09:16 AM
Anyone have any info on this guy?

badger
7/27/2009, 09:19 AM
Of course there's info! Here's a link. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090727_92_0_Owasso340605)

Rivals.com ranks the 6-foot, 180-pound Colvin as a three-star prospect. He also reportedly had offers from Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Missouri, UNLV and North Texas.

Colvin is ranked as the naton's 29th best cornerback and is considered by Rivals as the No. 13 player overall in Oklahoma.

So, not anything to write home about, but it's nice to see Oklahoma kids staying close to home... and don't believe the hype. Stars don't mean much once you arrive on campus... see Mustain, Mitch :D

soonerfan28
7/27/2009, 09:24 AM
Of course there's info! Here's a link. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090727_92_0_Owasso340605)

So, not anything to write home about, but it's nice to see Oklahoma kids staying close to home... and don't believe the hype. Stars don't mean much once you arrive on campus... see Mustain, Mitch :D

Mark Clayton as well. I think he may have been a 3-star. It's all about that work ethic once you get there. Maturity is a big bonus.

Okie35
7/27/2009, 12:59 PM

Or Sam, wasn't he a 3 star coming in?

badger
7/27/2009, 01:03 PM
Or Sam, wasn't he a 3 star coming in?

Not only was he a 3-star, only four schools offered him a scholly... A&M, Tech and Iowa State.

So ladies and gentlemen, let Texaz win their recruiting championships in the offseason, but we have the next top cornerback on our hands here :D

bent rider
7/27/2009, 01:56 PM

I don't follow recruiting much, unless it happens on "The Blitzed", but BBJ was talking with some "experts" this morning about him, apparently he really made a huge impression on the coaches in the summer football camps around the state. Enough so, that OU offered, as did Mizzou, OSU and TU.

stoopified
7/27/2009, 02:00 PM
Smart kid

OKC-SLC
7/27/2009, 02:08 PM
I've been ready for more 3 star Oklahomans than 5 stars from elsewhere. I'm ready to win a national championship, and the 3 star oklahoma kids have done well for us on that front.

ashley
7/27/2009, 03:33 PM
Our coaches didn't think he was a 3.

fossil
7/27/2009, 03:35 PM
:D I just got off the OSU board. They're already conceding he will go to OU. One claimed it was because of the cars and money. Geez, can't they just accept the fact that some kids prefer OU over OSU because it might be a better opportunity for them?

bent rider
7/27/2009, 03:49 PM
In case it wasn't clear, he said he picked the Sooners on the OKC/Tulsa TV sports show, "The Sunday Sports Blitz" they broadcast after the Sunday night newz. Nothing is firm until February, but no one would mislead Dean Blevins, would they??

NormanPride
7/27/2009, 03:50 PM
This is the kid that the coaches fell in love with at a camp. They said he had the best hip-turn they'd seen since they'd been at OU. FWIW.

Curly Bill
7/27/2009, 04:10 PM
This is the kid that the coaches fell in love with at a camp. They said he had the best hip-turn they'd seen since they'd been at OU. FWIW.

For cornerbacks it's a pretty huge deal, means he can get out of his backpedal and into a sprint smoothly and quickly, and can also change direction well without losing much speed.

All of which is of course very important when trying to cover receivers.

Eielson
7/27/2009, 04:16 PM
I think this kid was hurt most of last season. I'd expect he is higher than a 3-star when he signs his LOI in February.

NormanPride
7/27/2009, 04:40 PM
For cornerbacks it's a pretty huge deal, means he can get out of his backpedal and into a sprint smoothly and quickly, and can also change direction well without losing much speed.

All of which is of course very important when trying to cover receivers.

Exactly. I hope his football smarts can match his physical gifts!

madillsoonerfan5353
7/27/2009, 05:05 PM
I've been ready for more 3 star Oklahomans than 5 stars from elsewhere. I'm ready to win a national championship, and the 3 star oklahoma kids have done well for us on that front.

WORD!!!!!

bluedogok
7/27/2009, 06:10 PM
Not only was he a 3-star, only four schools offered him a scholly... A&M, Tech and Iowa State.

So ladies and gentlemen, let Texaz win their recruiting championships in the offseason, but we have the next top cornerback on our hands here :D
I could care less about all the recruiting stuff, all I care about is who they actually get on campus and what they do when they get there. Who cares about the ones that chose to go elsewhere, if they don't want to be there, then I don't want them.