PDA

View Full Version : And in other news...

sooner59
7/25/2009, 11:17 PM
The 2000 Oklahoma Sooners are STILL undefeated. I just watched the DVD of the 2000 NCG and it never gets old. It was a dream season...a team of destiny. I remember being in high school watching this game live. When the game ended, I had tears running down my face. I started college at OU as a freshmen in 2003. I have watched us lose 3 title games, including this year when I was in the stands in Miami. What won the 2000 title? Defense. I truly believe this will be our best defensive team since 2001, however, in 2001 we were not up to par on offense. Its hard to believe the 2009 offense will not be great considering our returning players. I honestly believe we will win every game this year outside of the Texas game. This might be the most anticipated game in the history of this rivalry. Two top ten teams. OU lost in 2008, and Texas is a whiny B****. Planes will fly, whorns will cry, and Sooners will celebrate on October 17. I can't wait.

soonerchris
7/26/2009, 01:20 AM
Like an earlier post man I miss. Torrance marshal. I miss the swagger of that defense! Wienke never saw us coming man!!

madillsoonerfan5353
7/26/2009, 10:26 AM
Yeah I posted the I miss number 10 thread, I think we got the Swagger back for the first time since around '03! I can't wait for Sept 5!!!

BOOMER freaking SOONER!!

jumperstop
7/26/2009, 11:31 AM
The 2000 Oklahoma Sooners are STILL undefeated. I just watched the DVD of the 2000 NCG and it never gets old. It was a dream season...a team of destiny. I remember being in high school watching this game live. When the game ended, I had tears running down my face. I started college at OU as a freshmen in 2003. I have watched us lose 3 title games, including this year when I was in the stands in Miami. What won the 2000 title? Defense. I truly believe this will be our best defensive team since 2001, however, in 2001 we were not up to par on offense. Its hard to believe the 2009 offense will not be great considering our returning players. I honestly believe we will win every game this year INCLUDING the *Texas* game. This might be the most anticipated game in the history of this rivalry. Two top ten teams. OU lost in 2008, and *Texas* is a whiny B****. Planes will fly, w*horns* will cry, and Sooners will celebrate on October 17. I can't wait.

fixed

sooner59
7/26/2009, 12:40 PM
fixed

Yeah, I wish I could have felt like that for the last 4 years, though.

soonerchris
7/26/2009, 03:30 PM
I just sense something special this year. I think the mnc will be played in dallas this year.

OUAlumni1990
7/26/2009, 03:33 PM
I bought that game on DVD and rewatched it for the first time since it originally aired. Our defense was outstanding and both Mike Stoops and Venables could be seen on the sideline with HUGE smiles on their faces. Bobby Bowden admitted at the end of the game the defense confused the h3ll out of their offense.

soonerchris
7/26/2009, 03:44 PM
Do you remember toward the end of the game were on d and it was a inc pass I think and our player picks up the ball,throws it behind his back another player catches it does the same thing it lands in the hands of a 3rd player who was unaware and he hands it to the ref. Pure majic!!

FroggyStyle22
7/26/2009, 04:51 PM
Ontei Jones set the tone for that entire game by planting one of their recievers on their second offensive play. That guy could really bring the wood.

OUAlumni1990
7/26/2009, 05:15 PM
My favorite 2 plays of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-0n8WvrGjc

I got seriously wasted that night and didn't go to work the next day :D

OUAlumni1990
7/26/2009, 05:23 PM
I knew at the coin toss we were going to take this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WLLHunussE

OU! OU! OU! OU! OU! OU! OU! OU! OU! OU! OU! OU! OU! OU! OU!

OUMonster
7/26/2009, 07:22 PM
Do you remember toward the end of the game were on d and it was a inc pass I think and our player picks up the ball,throws it behind his back another player catches it does the same thing it lands in the hands of a 3rd player who was unaware and he hands it to the ref. Pure majic!!

I remember that hidden gem...I think an FSU player started out with it and flipped it up after the whistle, Marshall caught and tossed it behind his back without looking and Strait is the one who then caught it and handed it to the ref.

soonerchris
7/26/2009, 09:08 PM
Awesome year!! Damn it I can't wait for sep 5!! Truly believe this is the year!!!!!! Sound off!!! BOOMER!!!!