PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cheney's unconstitutional impulse!

adoniijahsooner
7/25/2009, 09:11 AM
It appears the former VP wanted troops marching around on american soil.
Maybe this is a reminder that the last administration was a clear and present mess.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/us/25detain.html?_r=1&hp

Veritas
7/25/2009, 09:25 AM
Maybe this is a reminder that the last administration was a clear and present mess.

Yeah, or a reminder that there were and are zealots who've infiltrated our borders with the intent of harming as many of us as possible. A reminder that when faced with the opportunity to shut a few of these maniacs down, the former administration wanted to use the option that provided the best possible outcome.

1890MilesToNorman
7/25/2009, 09:25 AM
All ideas are tossed around in presidential administration meetings and this one was rejected. If we are at war and you think militants are on our soil, would you use the military? I think I would.

adoniijahsooner
7/25/2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah, or a reminder that there were and are zealots who've infiltrated our borders with the intent of harming as many of us as possible. A reminder that when faced with the opportunity to shut a few of these maniacs down, the former administration wanted to use the option that provided the best possible outcome.

So are you saying that in certain situations the government is allowed to break the constitution? I feel that is coming dangerously close to the edge of Americans losing their freedom.

1890MilesToNorman
7/25/2009, 09:51 AM
So are you saying that in certain situations the government is allowed to break the constitution? I feel that is coming dangerously close to the edge of Americans losing their freedom.

Breaking the constitution????

Education
HUD
Healthcare
Gun control
DEP
Social Security
Medicare
Payroll deductions

and the list is endless.

They have been ignoring the constitution fer 50 friggin years! Why bring it up now?

Turd_Ferguson
7/25/2009, 10:00 AM
They have been ignoring the constitution fer 50 friggin years! Why bring it up now?cause it fits his spin on things.

GrapevineSooner
7/25/2009, 10:02 AM
Nevermind, I see now that the advisers who argued this included Cheney.

Carry on.

batonrougesooner
7/25/2009, 10:17 AM
I feel that is coming dangerously close to the edge of Americans losing their freedom.

Considering all the crap the current president is proposing, did you really just write that?

KC//CRIMSON
7/25/2009, 11:11 AM
Dick Cheney was a Sith Lord.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
7/25/2009, 11:20 AM
If it requires the military to kill enemies on our soil or lose more American lives because the libs and ACLU feel we are violating their non-exsistant rights, I am going to go with the military to flush out the clear and present dangers to America and the American people.

adoniijahsooner
7/25/2009, 11:28 AM
cause it fits his spin on things.

I dont have a spin on things. Im an independent who believes in gun rights, against abortion, believes marriage is between a man and a woman, and thinks what was being pushed in this story is against the constitution. Don't assume you know people because they go against your ideas. Are you incapable of criticizing those on the same side, because you somehow feel that it validates Barack Obama?

adoniijahsooner
7/25/2009, 11:30 AM
Considering all the crap the current president is proposing, did you really just write that?

This wasnt about the current president; it was about the last administration.

Turd_Ferguson
7/25/2009, 11:37 AM
You wrote this...

Instead of something like: Cheney and some of the Bush adviser's had kicked around the idea of using the US Military to shut down/kill/arrest the Lackawana 6. However, the plan never got leg's.

Troop's marching around on American soil? Really?:rolleyes:

Jerk
7/25/2009, 11:46 AM
Honesty, I don't know what I'm more afraid of. Terrorists who want to kill us all, or Obama's healthcare reform.

Anyway, shouldn't the title of this thread be "Bush takes the high road; upholds Constitution"

adoniijahsooner
7/25/2009, 11:57 AM
I also wrote this about Bush awhile ago...

Re: Bush's Farewell Address

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As someone who was very excited that Obama had the chance to be elected president; I must say that there is much that concerns me about him. After reading more and more about his views and ideals, I am convinced that Obama believes his intelligence and ideology to be infallible truths that must be adhered to.

Watching Bush finish up his presidency started to become sad affair; because i realized the transparency and openness that bush exhibits, even if it was not always intentional. Bush is a great person from what i can tell, and Obama is someone who will run over people, albeit with a smile on his face, if they do not line up with company policy.

No where in this title or responses did I ever say anything against Bush. I intentionally wrote the administration. Cheney was trying to get this done, whether you like it or not. Cheney was not a very good VP, so could just admit that, please?

http://www.truthdig.com/images/eartothegrounduploads/darth_cheney_350b.jpg

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/25/2009, 12:44 PM
This wasnt about the current president; it was about the last administration.Haha, uh huh

7/25/2009, 12:47 PM
I also wrote this about Bush awhile ago...

No where in this title or responses did I ever say anything against Bush. I intentionally wrote the administration. Cheney was trying to get this done, whether you like it or not. Cheney was not a very good VP, so could just admit that, please?

http://www.truthdig.com/images/eartothegrounduploads/darth_cheney_350b.jpgCheney loves America, and wants to save it from attack, from both outside and within, including the internal attack we now face.

LosAngelesSooner
7/25/2009, 01:06 PM
For anyone to say that it would be good to use US troops on US soil in some sort of police action is absolute insanity.

Period.

LosAngelesSooner
7/25/2009, 01:07 PM
Cheney loves America, and wants to save it from attack, from both outside and within, including the internal attack we now face.The "America" that Cheney loves is quite different than the America we all live in and the America that the Fouding Fathers fought to create.

Dick Cheney's "America" is a creation in his own ego maniacal mind.

soonerhubs
7/25/2009, 01:31 PM
For anyone to say that it would be good to use US troops on US soil in some sort of police action is absolute insanity.

Period.

Only a sith thinks in absolutes. :D

picasso
7/25/2009, 01:39 PM
I'd love to see you nerds debate Cheney.

KC//CRIMSON
7/25/2009, 01:40 PM
Cheney loves America, and wants to save it from attack, from both outside and within, including the internal attack we now face.

How awesome would it be if Dick Cheney took you on a quail hunting trip?

KABOOKIE
7/25/2009, 03:22 PM

Period.

Enemies both foreign and domestic. :rolleyes:

jdsooner
7/25/2009, 03:28 PM

It would be hard; he is a master debator.

Okla-homey
7/25/2009, 03:33 PM

Look duma$$, they didn't go thru with it did they? And even if they had, WGAF?

His predecessor employed US troops to take out Dave Koresh outside Waco, TX. I also seem to recall the deployment of US troops to help quell the LA riots in the wake of the Rodney King mess.

The guy on the US five dollar bill and penny used US troops on US soil and they built a big marble monument to him at one end of the National Mall in DC. His likeness is also scupted into a mountainside in SD.

sheesh.

7/25/2009, 04:37 PM
Any popular republican is on the Destroy List, if there's even any remote possibility he/she could be POTUS.

Turd_Ferguson
7/25/2009, 04:38 PM
Any popular republican is on the Destroy List, if there's even any remote possibility he/she could be POTUS.Just ask LAS, he'll give ya a run down of who they all are.:D

King Crimson
7/25/2009, 05:01 PM
one of these days i'm waiting for someone to uncork the post that notices that unconstitutional, authoritarian tendencies are a feature of contemporary American governance...regardless of which political party holds the Oval O.

this, to me, seems like a far more troubling issue than choosing up sides and blindly endorsing one regime's abuse of the founding document and caterwauling in disbelief and outrage at another's.

for instance, the autonomy of the executive branch was clearly a pet project of the Neocon/PNAC and Cheney's (for whatever reason) and certainly a hot button issue for critics of the current POTUS. surveillance and civil liberties? both administrations....yet, it's comical to see how partisan logic makes hierarchy among the Bill of Rights depending on their current, strategic efficacy as talking points and general political wrangling in the various faux-debates and punditry honking on your network of choice.

7/25/2009, 05:07 PM
Democrat politicians, and many man-on-the-street dems, too, won't acknowledge we are in a war against the moslem terrorists. War is war. (Witness the illegal, corrupt and evil sh*t the dems pull to bring down and destroy all conservatives)

SoonerKnight
7/25/2009, 05:51 PM

His predecessor employed US troops to take out Dave Koresh outside Waco, TX. I also seem to recall the deployment of US troops to help quell the LA riots in the wake of the Rodney King mess.

The guy on the US five dollar bill and penny used US troops on US soil and they built a big marble monument to him at one end of the National Mall in DC. His likeness is also scupted into a mountainside in SD.

sheesh.

On February 28, 1993, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) raided Mount Carmel. The raid resulted in the deaths of four agents and six Davidians. Shortly after the initial raid, the FBI HRT (Hostage Rescue Team) took command of the federal operation, since FBI has jurisdiction over incidents involving the deaths of federal agents. Contact was established with Koresh inside the compound. Communication over the next 51 days included telephone exchanges with various FBI negotiators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Koresh

Federal troops? :rolleyes:

The third day was punctuated by live footage of Rodney King asking, "People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along?"[23][24] That morning, at 1:00 a.m., California Governor Pete Wilson had requested federal assistance, but it was not ready until Saturday. National Guard units (doubled to 4,000 troops) continued to move into the city in Humvees. Additionally, a varied contingent of 1,700 federal law-enforcement officers from different agencies from across the state began to arrive, to protect federal facilities and assist local police. As darkness fell, the main riot area was further hit by a power outage.

Friday evening, President George H.W. Bush spoke to the nation, denouncing "random terror and lawlessness", summarizing his discussions with Mayor Bradley and Governor Wilson, and outlining the federal assistance he was making available to local authorities. Citing the "urgent need to restore order", he warned that the "brutality of a mob" would not be tolerated, and he would "use whatever force is necessary". He then turned to the Rodney King case and a more moderate tone, describing talking to his own grandchildren and pointing to the reaction of "good and decent policemen" as well as civil rights leaders. He said he had already directed the Justice Department to begin its own investigation, saying that "grand jury action is underway today" and that justice would prevail.[25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_riots_of_1992

Federal troops were not used! And we all know that if Cheney had a match in one hand and the U.S. Constitution in the other he would burn both.

1890MilesToNorman
7/25/2009, 05:55 PM
How did ya feel when the military were used to rescue them Katrina folks? That was underwater American soil.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/25/2009, 05:57 PM

Period.

But it worked so well up at Kent State.

:confused:

soonerhubs
7/25/2009, 06:06 PM
Some of the oversimplistic type casting presented by folks here is extremely laughable.

Cheney's the debbil!
Obama's the debbil!

Oh... to see the world as black and white as some of you folks do.

Hey lefties, turn off Olbermann and Maddow for a few minutes and try doing a little reading on both sides.

Righties, turn off Hannity, O'Relly, and Rush for a few minutes as well.

I hate to repeat this, but the Daily Show seems to be a pretty reliable template if you truly want to see someone who uses impartial scrutiny. The bottom line is this: Peeps, dig a little deeper than using confirmation bias. You'll actually learn a few things. Check the agendas of everyone, for they do have them, even in the academic field.

Jerk
7/25/2009, 06:08 PM

Beats driving with Ted.

Turd_Ferguson
7/25/2009, 06:46 PM
And we all know that if Cheney had a match in one hand and the U.S. Constitution in the other he would burn both.I don't, but please enlighten me as to how you do.

Curly Bill
7/25/2009, 07:06 PM
You know, cause Cheney is evil and stuff.

SoonerKnight
7/25/2009, 07:46 PM
How did ya feel when the military were used to rescue them Katrina folks? That was underwater American soil.

Law enforcement capacity or as a rescue??? Hmmmm... :rolleyes:

SoonerKnight
7/25/2009, 07:47 PM
I don't, but please enlighten me as to how you do.

Your right I don't know that he would use the match he may just rip the paper up!! :D

Okla-homey
7/25/2009, 09:17 PM
See below, and know, you have no idea what you're talking about.

On February 28, 1993, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) raided Mount Carmel. The raid resulted in the deaths of four agents and six Davidians. Shortly after the initial raid, the FBI HRT (Hostage Rescue Team) took command of the federal operation, since FBI has jurisdiction over incidents involving the deaths of federal agents. Contact was established with Koresh inside the compound. Communication over the next 51 days included telephone exchanges with various FBI negotiators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Koresh

Federal troops? :rolleyes:

Yes Delbert.

At Waco: Assault (April 23):
Hundreds of federal agents, AND 9 M3 Bradleys, 4 M728 Combat Engineering Vehicles (CEVs) armed with CS gas, 2 M1A1 Abrams tanks, and 1 M88 tank retriever.

Here's an aerial photo depicting a CEV (the green, squarish tracked vehicle) bashing building walls.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3595/2537finalreportwacotrag.jpg

Here's a nice shot of the MILITARY armored vehicles being operated by US TROOPS during the final assault on the Koresh compound. Approved by President William J. "Bill" Clinton.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3097/branchdavidiancompoundw.jpg

I watched the whole thing live from the comfort of the McConnell AFB alert facility.

The third day was punctuated by live footage of Rodney King asking, "People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along?"[23][24] That morning, at 1:00 a.m., California Governor Pete Wilson had requested federal assistance, but it was not ready until Saturday. National Guard units (doubled to 4,000 troops) continued to move into the city in Humvees. Additionally, a varied contingent of 1,700 federal law-enforcement officers from different agencies from across the state began to arrive, to protect federal facilities and assist local police. As darkness fell, the main riot area was further hit by a power outage.

Friday evening, President George H.W. Bush spoke to the nation, denouncing "random terror and lawlessness", summarizing his discussions with Mayor Bradley and Governor Wilson, and outlining the federal assistance he was making available to local authorities. Citing the "urgent need to restore order", he warned that the "brutality of a mob" would not be tolerated, and he would "use whatever force is necessary". He then turned to the Rodney King case and a more moderate tone, describing talking to his own grandchildren and pointing to the reaction of "good and decent policemen" as well as civil rights leaders. He said he had already directed the Justice Department to begin its own investigation, saying that "grand jury action is underway today" and that justice would prevail.[25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_riots_of_1992

Federal troops were not used! And we all know that if Cheney had a match in one hand and the U.S. Constitution in the other he would burn both.

Wrong again moose breath. Marines and Army National Guard TROOPS patrolled the streets to quell the rioting and enforcing curfews and roadblocks.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3460/lariot1.jpg
TROOPS in LA during the 1992 LA riots, approved by Bush 41.
http://www.militarymuseum.org/HistoryKingMilOps.html

LosAngelesSooner
7/25/2009, 09:52 PM
I'd love to see you nerds debate Cheney.I'd punch him in the dick and go to jail with a smile on my face. :D

olevetonahill
7/25/2009, 09:53 PM
I'd punch him in the dick and go to jail with a smile on my face. :D

Cause you a Conservative Republican , Right :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

LosAngelesSooner
7/25/2009, 09:54 PM
Any popular republican is on the Destroy List, if there's even any remote possibility he/she could be POTUS.
Just ask LAS, he'll give ya a run down of who they all are.:DDick Cheney has no remote possibility of ever being POTUS.

Curly Bill
7/25/2009, 09:55 PM
Cause you a Conservative Republican , Right :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No, because he might make friends in jail. ;) ;)

Just kidding LAS, you know I love ya. :D

LosAngelesSooner
7/25/2009, 09:55 PM
Cause you a Conservative Republican , Right :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :DYup.

And we true Republicans don't tolerate war mongering, nation building, over spending, insecure little dictators, do we? :D

Curly Bill
7/25/2009, 09:57 PM
Yup.

And we true Republicans don't tolerate war mongering, nation building, over spending, insecure little dictators, do we? :D

Heck no, I'm onboard with ya here. :)

olevetonahill
7/25/2009, 09:59 PM
Yup.

Dont know about you But I just cant tolerate Little "Insecure"
dicks :cool:

Curly Bill
7/25/2009, 10:00 PM
Hey LAS, Emmanuelle Chriqui, do you know her, and can ya help a fella out? ;)

olevetonahill
7/25/2009, 10:02 PM
No, because he might make friends in jail. ;) ;)

Just kidding LAS, you know I love ya. :D
LAS went to Jail
Got celled up with Big Bubba
Bubba , Yo want to be the Husband or the wife ?
LAS . skeered and going all :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Finally answers I wanta Be the Husband .
Big Bubba says Good get down on yer knees and suck yer wifes dick .:D :pop: :D

LosAngelesSooner
7/25/2009, 10:04 PM
Dont know about you But I just cant tolerate Little "Insecure"
dicks :cool:http://www.peteykins.com/sparklepics2/DaddyDickCheney.jpg

We're in agreement. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
7/25/2009, 10:05 PM
Hey LAS, Emmanuelle Chriqui, do you know her, and can ya help a fella out? ;)Nope. Don't even know who she is. :confused:

Curly Bill
7/25/2009, 10:07 PM
Nope. Don't even know who she is. :confused:

Then son, you need to do some Googling. :hot:

olevetonahill
7/25/2009, 10:08 PM
Nope. Don't even know who she is. :confused:

Think it was a beaner dude name
prolly why he thot ud know it :D

Curly Bill
7/25/2009, 10:09 PM
She's some exotic stuff, but not Messican.

Born in Canada to Morrocan immigrants.

LosAngelesSooner
7/25/2009, 10:14 PM
Then son, you need to do some Googling. :hot:I have a new goal for the year:
http://wallpaper.celebritypc.com/emmanuelle_chriqui/emmanuelle_chriqui_15-1024.jpg

Get to know Emmanuelle Chriqui. :eek:

King Crimson
7/25/2009, 10:16 PM
they apparently don't make bras in her size on Entourage. hey hey.

LosAngelesSooner
7/25/2009, 10:30 PM
All of you need to take a moment, quit thinking about Dick Cheney, and watch this slideshow: http://www.askmen.com/women/galleries/actress/emmanuelle-chriqui/picture-1.html

:D

Crucifax Autumn
7/25/2009, 10:31 PM
You guys ar ALL killing me aside from the few that said both sides are evil jackasses bent on having absolute power or something to that same effect.

The government as an entity always has an agenda and it's usually either stupid or evil no matter which party is currently forcing us to our knees.

Curly Bill
7/25/2009, 10:32 PM
All of you need to take a moment, quit thinking about Dick Cheney, and watch this slideshow: http://www.askmen.com/women/galleries/actress/emmanuelle-chriqui/picture-1.html

Yes indeed, there is greatness within that slideshow. :D

Curly Bill
7/25/2009, 10:33 PM
You guys ar ALL killing me aside from the few that said both sides are evil jackasses bent on having absolute power or something to that same effect.

The government as an entity always has an agenda and it's usually either stupid or evil no matter which party is currently forcing us to our knees.

Are you not paying tention? We've turned this into the Emmanuelle Chriqui thread. Cheney is dead to us. ;) :D

LosAngelesSooner
7/25/2009, 10:33 PM

The government as an entity always has an agenda and it's usually either stupid or evil no matter which party is currently forcing us to our knees.Awesome.

Wonderful.

Watch the slideshow.

olevetonahill
7/25/2009, 10:41 PM
If shes an Illegal beaner can I get her a green card ?:hot:

Curly Bill
7/25/2009, 10:41 PM
I'd grant her amnesty!

ba-dum crash!

olevetonahill
7/25/2009, 10:42 PM
I'd grant her amnesty!

ba-dum crash!

naw bro
get her a green card then she got to stay with YOU fer awhile :hot: :pop: :D

Curly Bill
7/25/2009, 10:44 PM
naw bro
get her a green card then she got to stay with YOU fer awhile :hot: :pop: :D

You're always one step ahead. :D

olevetonahill
7/25/2009, 10:47 PM
You're always one step ahead. :D

experience bro :D :hot: ;)

King Crimson
7/25/2009, 10:53 PM
to paraphrase Marlon Brando in Last Tango in Paris: she's gonna be playing soccer with those when she's 40.

Curly Bill
7/25/2009, 10:54 PM
Yeah, but for right now.....!

Crucifax Autumn
7/25/2009, 10:59 PM
mmmmm....boobies!

KABOOKIE
7/25/2009, 11:17 PM
but does LAS know Enrico PaaLLLAaazA?

adoniijahsooner
7/25/2009, 11:35 PM

sheesh.

Nice argument, but you could have left out the personal attacks. Also, I care about what happens in america.

Scott D
7/25/2009, 11:40 PM

that'd be funny.

I say he'd go no more than 3 statements before he'd say "Go **** Yourself!"

KABOOKIE
7/25/2009, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by picasso

that'd be funny.

Which nerd would that be?

Turd_Ferguson
7/25/2009, 11:52 PM
that'd be funny.

I say he'd go no more than 3 statements before he'd say "Go **** Yourself!"I got money say's he'll hand you yer ***.;)

Scott D
7/25/2009, 11:53 PM
****, my opening statement to him would be "Go **** Yourself!" :)

and if he touches my ***, then I can make a crack about him being as gay as his kid :D

KC//CRIMSON
7/25/2009, 11:56 PM
that'd be funny.

Hey Dick! When is your daughter getting married and in what state?

Go **** Yourself!

Scott D
7/25/2009, 11:58 PM
So Dick, did you and Larry Craig time your bathroom breaks during joint sessions of congress?

Go **** Yourself!

KC//CRIMSON
7/26/2009, 12:12 AM
Hey Dick! Congrats on turning sixty eight, and beating the spread!

Go **** Yourself!

LosAngelesSooner
7/26/2009, 01:12 AM
but does LAS know Enrico PaaLLLAaazA?The character from The Naked Gun?

Watch the slideshow.

King Crimson
7/26/2009, 02:23 AM
The character from The Naked Gun?

Watch the slideshow.

noob.

LosAngelesSooner
7/26/2009, 03:04 AM
Heh...:D

yermom
7/26/2009, 03:13 AM
meh. she's no Linda Cardellini.

GrapevineSooner
7/26/2009, 07:22 AM
that'd be funny.

I can imagine it now:

I'm gonna go have a smoke, you wanna go smoke? Oh, that's right, you don't smoke, you've had four heart attacks, go **** yourself!

Crucifax Autumn
7/26/2009, 07:52 AM
Man, if I could go **** myself I wouldn't be posting in a **** cheney thread!

KC//CRIMSON
7/26/2009, 11:01 AM
noob.

Heh, Enrico was one of the best posters this board ever had.

King Crimson
7/26/2009, 11:03 AM
Heh, Enrico was one of the best posters this board ever had.

yeah, all 3 of him.

KC//CRIMSON
7/26/2009, 11:05 AM
yeah, all 3 of him.

I forgot about that, but the trolls were nowhere near as funny.

Breadburner
7/26/2009, 01:18 PM

As long as Cheney used an AR-15......:D