PDA

View Full Version : US Border Patrol Agent shot to death...

The Remnant
7/24/2009, 11:38 AM
in San Diego County tracking illegal immigrants or drug smugglers. He was shot in the head.

AggieTool
7/24/2009, 11:41 AM
in San Diego County tracking illegal immigrants or drug smugglers. He was shot in the head.

Link?, clip?, cut/paste?

JLEW1818
7/24/2009, 11:48 AM
but will Obama take the Illegals shooters side? probably

adoniijahsooner
7/24/2009, 11:58 AM

someone just lost a family member to violence, and you spout off those insensitive words. This has absolutely nothing to do with Obama; a man was killed.

SteelClip49
7/24/2009, 12:35 PM
Simple solution....if you kill one of ours....we kill all of theirs. Oh but no, that kind of retaliation will not work. Damn frickin illegals.

KABOOKIE
7/24/2009, 12:41 PM

Depends. Were the pigs trying to conceal evidence and file false reports? Those kind of cops should be shot.

AggieTool
7/24/2009, 12:56 PM
Still no linky....:confused:

yermom
7/24/2009, 01:13 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/07/border-patrol-agent-shot-and-killed-in-san-diego-county.html

AggieTool
7/24/2009, 01:16 PM
So we don't know if he was on duty, and we don't know if his murder had anything to do with his work as a border patrol agent.

MojoRisen
7/24/2009, 01:33 PM
My nephew just got hired on as a Border Patrol officer, he is Army Ranger... I warned him to make sure he is packing an AK 47 - and prepared to deal with basically Special Forces Trained Terrorist.

The Remnant
7/24/2009, 03:22 PM
The San Diego Tribune reports that he was tracking either possible illegal immigrants or drug smugglers. Whether you want to believe the report is entirely up to you.

Fraggle145
7/24/2009, 03:24 PM
This is really sad, I hope it wasnt for drugs. I hate the "war" on drugs. Tax the **** and be done with it, if people want to kill themselves that's fine.

OklahomaTuba
7/24/2009, 03:33 PM
Obviously the Border Agent was just being stupid.

OklahomaTuba
7/24/2009, 03:35 PM
This is really sad, I hope it wasnt for drugs. I hate the "war" on drugs. Tax the **** and be done with it, if people want to kill themselves that's fine.A blow tax does have a nice ring to it.

The Remnant
7/24/2009, 04:04 PM
The story is now on The Drudge Report.

oumartin
7/24/2009, 04:19 PM
He was acting stupidly and probably deserved it

JLEW1818
7/24/2009, 04:23 PM
exactly

Scott D
7/24/2009, 04:59 PM
The San Diego Tribune reports that he was tracking either possible illegal immigrants or drug smugglers. Whether you want to believe the report is entirely up to you.

If I had to guess, I'd lay odds on drug smuggling. Those Mexican mobs don't play around when they want to send a message. Question I'd have is was info on him passed to those who executed him by either someone stopped, or by someone inside the Border Patrol.

Okla-homey
7/24/2009, 07:59 PM
If I had to guess, I'd lay odds on drug smuggling. Those Mexican mobs don't play around when they want to send a message. Question I'd have is was info on him passed to those who executed him by either someone stopped, or by someone inside the Border Patrol.

If they are half as bad-a$$ as portrayed in No Country For Old Men, I put nothing past the mexican mob.

Scott D
7/25/2009, 12:39 PM
If they are half as bad-a$$ as portrayed in No Country For Old Men, I put nothing past the mexican mob.

movie portrayals are an interesting subject. pretty much any movie involving a mafia (sans intentional comedies) portray them to be pretty ruthless as a whole. Even the low budget ones such as El Mariachi, or a couple of other Mexican films that I don't remember the titles to. I've gotten very lax in my watching of foreign films of late.

Listen to some of the things some former 'ground pounders' in the Medellin Cartels had to say about what went on in Columbia and the surrounding areas when they were at their most publicized zenith. Nasty, nasty stuff.

CrimsonJim
7/25/2009, 03:51 PM
So we don't know if he was on duty, and we don't know if his murder had anything to do with his work as a border patrol agent.

Forgive me if I'm reading this wrong, but you're not trying to find justification in the shooting, are you? Please tell us this isn't so.

AlbqSooner
7/25/2009, 06:47 PM
Forgive me if I'm reading this wrong, but you're not trying to find justification in the shooting, are you? Please tell us this isn't so.

Thing is, if he was off duty and simply out in the desert rock hounding or some such, illegals have the right to use deadly force according to the "aggie fool amendment".

The Remnant
7/27/2009, 11:46 AM
Instead of obsessing about the Gates/ Cambridge PD issue, it would be nice if our President said something about the loss of one of our Border Patrol officers.

Turd_Ferguson
7/27/2009, 11:53 AM
Instead of obsessing about the Gates/ Cambridge PD issue, it would be nice if our President said something about the loss of one of our Border Patrol officers.Was the agent black:confused:

The Remnant
7/27/2009, 12:55 PM
Hispanic. He is a person of color.

Scott D
7/27/2009, 12:57 PM
I'm going to stick with my conclusion, someone ratted him out for cash.

AggieTool
7/27/2009, 04:02 PM

Not at all,

It looks like he was killed in the line of duty and hopefully they fry who did it.

At first, the circumstances weren't clear that's all.

Also, there have been cases where off duty law enforcement were killed because they were complicit in drug trafficking etc. Mostly on the Mexican side though.

But that's clearly not the case here.

The Remnant
7/28/2009, 11:28 AM
One of the suspects detained in the shooting has been described as an "alleged immigrant smuggler".

Harry Beanbag
7/28/2009, 12:28 PM
One of the suspects detained in the shooting has been described as an "alleged immigrant smuggler".

Was that breaking news?

The Remnant
7/28/2009, 12:50 PM
There is a question as to whether the incident was a result of drug smugglers or immigrant traffickers. This is still unknown. One of the suspects was found accompanying 21 people. However, the I-8 Border Patrol checkpoint has made a number of drug seizures of late. This may have been in retaliation. I appreciate your interest in this tragedy.

Scott D
7/28/2009, 04:36 PM
generally speaking, the same individuals are behind both ventures.

Harry Beanbag
7/28/2009, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I was wondering what the distinction was supposed to be.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/28/2009, 04:57 PM
So we don't know if he was on duty, and we don't know if his murder had anything to do with his work as a border patrol agent.Yeah, it was prolly just one of those coincidences.

The Remnant
7/28/2009, 05:57 PM
If it is merely a random act by a coyote, it is still a tragedy. However, if it is a result of the current drug war in Mexico, it could signal something more ominous.