PDA

View Full Version : I like the speed of this new class

allentxsooner
7/24/2009, 10:31 AM
it seems like everybody in the 2010 recruiting class runs a 4.5 or better (except the lineman) anybody think bob has changed philoshopies and is recruiting speed no matter what the size and position

Curly Bill
7/24/2009, 10:32 AM
No, I'd take those times with a grain of salt.

If you look at past classes I think you'd find much the same thing.

Curly Bill
7/24/2009, 10:36 AM
...and by the way: times are inflated or inaccurate for most high school players, not just the ones we recruit.

starclassic tama
8/17/2009, 04:03 AM
watch out bill, 75 might come after you. he has participated in those camps you know

CK Sooner
8/17/2009, 08:41 AM
Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

stoopified
8/17/2009, 08:49 AM
These recruits have good speed? Is it expensive? :D

Eielson
8/17/2009, 06:52 PM
Yes, the numbers are absolutely crap. They basically just put random numbers down on everything. Most of these guys probably weren't even timed, and if they were, they probably put something different down anyway. I'm not going to say none of the times are "legit", but plenty of them aren't.

Oh, and "legit" means they were timed, and that time was recorded, but the wind wasn't factored in, nor was the footwear, surface, or human error. You can't exactly ever give a reliable hand-time. It's always going to be faster. Human error is always there, some worse than others. If somebody gave an actually legit, electonic timed 40, it would make them look like crap.

KingDavid
8/18/2009, 11:25 PM
I would say that it seems to me that there has been an even greater emphasis on speed in this class than in previous classes. While it's true that the speed times are crappy, you have to remember that they are crappy for ALL years. That means that you can still find truth in their relation to each other. This years 40 speeds are, at first blush, much faster. And it's also worthwhile to note that size (and particularly height) at DB does appear as if it's being sacrificed to some extent in favor of speed.

Desert Sapper
8/19/2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe we were so very impressed with the G6 speed of Florida that we are now seeking to upgrade.