PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

StoopTroup
7/23/2009, 05:49 PM
Sexual innuendo?

Is there a snake charmer in this one?

Discuss....

http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/GI_Joe_Movie/baroness_gi_joe_rise_of_cobra_promotional_poster.j pghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vLhaldj_QjU/SLHqCGSyO-I/AAAAAAAAATg/AlhiCnLCH00/s320/GIJoeRiseofCobra4.jpg

sooner ngintunr
7/23/2009, 06:39 PM
its "The Rise of Cobra"

Although she may raise your cobra, thats not the name of the film.:D

StoopTroup
7/23/2009, 07:37 PM
That's what I said.

What the heck are you talking about. :D

Are you hitting on me? ;)

sooner ngintunr
7/23/2009, 07:51 PM
I'm more of a Scarlett fan.

I like the frap.:D

bri
7/23/2009, 08:51 PM
She can Balthazar my Getty.

*whoosh*

King Crimson
7/23/2009, 09:04 PM
good thing we have a "small band of kickass dudes and chicks with ripping technology" save humanity/the earth/civilization from apocalypse/machines/technology gets sentient and gone way wrong movie.

hasn't been one of those in a while.

sooner ngintunr
7/23/2009, 09:26 PM
good thing we have a "small band of kickass dudes and chicks with ripping technology" save humanity/the earth/civilization from apocalypse/machines/technology gets sentient and gone way wrong movie.

Hater.:D

Don't be mad because She-Ra has been left out of all the fun.:P

bri
7/23/2009, 09:40 PM
Jeez, they're just fightin' turrirsts.

Jacie
7/24/2009, 01:26 PM
Seeing the Eifel Tower being blown up is almost too much of art imitating life . . .

OUTromBoNado
7/28/2009, 02:07 AM
After watching the trailer, I have come to one conclusion. This movie is going to make my childhood cry.

badger
7/28/2009, 07:20 AM
After watching the trailer, I have come to one conclusion. This movie is going to make my childhood cry.

funny, NP said about the same thing everytime we've seen a trailer for it this summer :D

Here, these might make you feel better:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GJ-ckU_D1fg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GJ-ckU_D1fg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SoonerJack
7/28/2009, 08:15 AM
Coming from the 12" GI Joe days (Adventure Team and prior) I'm probably not going to like it that much. I did like watching the cartoon when I was in college but was greatly disappointed when they shrunk the figures down to 4 inch format. Oh, and how every last one of them was named something different, so there was no "GI Joe."

One time my sister went looking to buy some for my sons for a birthday and she calls me up and says, "I want to buy Cameron a GI Joe, not somebody that works for him!"

JohnnyMack
7/28/2009, 09:32 AM

:rolleyes:

So go watch an indie film that was made in Bangladesh on a $600 budget that only 4 people have ever seen. That'll be much cooler.

NormanPride
7/28/2009, 09:47 AM

So go watch an indie film that was made in Bangladesh on a $600 budget that only 4 people have ever seen. That'll be much cooler.

Yeah, it probably will. This movie is going to suck worse than Episode II.

badger
7/28/2009, 09:53 AM

"From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you- I can't breath. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do?- I will do anything you ask."
http://i35.tinypic.com/99hua8.jpg

JohnnyMack
7/28/2009, 09:56 AM

That's because you're like 8 years old and you have no appreciation for GI Joe.

I want to see Storm Shadow vs. Snake Eyes and you can just sit there and deal. Sucka.

NormanPride
7/28/2009, 10:10 AM
That's because you're like 8 years old and you have no appreciation for GI Joe.

I want to see Storm Shadow vs. Snake Eyes and you can just sit there and deal. Sucka.

So do I! But what I don't want to see is two things that look like them but are hideously disfigured by the monster that is corporate film making. I grew up with those toys and have many fond memories of them. This movie is an abomination that should not exist.

badger
7/28/2009, 10:17 AM
That's because you're like 8 years old.

I married an 8-year-old :(

NormanPride
7/28/2009, 10:40 AM
I'm big for my age.

King Crimson
7/28/2009, 02:14 PM

so sensitive. do you want a handi-wipe?

stoopified
7/28/2009, 08:34 PM
The more movirs I see based on cartoons and/or toys the more I await the HOT WHEELS-Snake vs. Mongoose movie.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

def_lazer_fc
7/29/2009, 01:34 AM
i knew this movie was gonna fail when i saw the casting. a wayans brother is usually kryptonite for quality. i will give it up for him in requiem though. that movie was dope. i, myself, will save my money for alice in wonderland. and drugs. lots of drugs.

Pricetag
7/29/2009, 02:08 PM
"From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again... I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you- I can't breath. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me... what can I do?- I will do anything you ask."
Heh, my buddy lost it during this scene and let out a loud, "Jesus Christ!" Many a chuckle came up in answer from the crowd.

I don't like the young Baroness. She should have been more a cougar-type character. And the kid from "Third Rock from the Sun" is COBRA Commander? Yuck.

soonervegas
7/29/2009, 02:44 PM
The ONLY positive in this movie is the homewrecker. (i.e. Sienna)

C&CDean
7/29/2009, 03:06 PM
And to think that some of you GI Joemos call me gay for digging on Harry Potter.

NormanPride
7/29/2009, 03:27 PM
I don't dig on you for the HP stuff, but really. Guns&Boobs >>>>> Wands&Quidditch

C&CDean
7/29/2009, 03:36 PM
Dude, GI Joe is a doll with a scar on his face who kicked the living **** outta that faggot Ken and humped Barbie to death. Nothing more, nothing less

sooneron
7/29/2009, 08:51 PM
http://www.bamkapow.com/g-i-joe-stop-motion-re-enacting-carpenter-s-the-thing--1644-p.html

StoopTroup
7/29/2009, 09:03 PM
The thing likes vodka....nice

StoopTroup
8/16/2009, 08:11 AM
Took the kids to this one last night. They liked it. I was pretty tired as I worked all day yesterday so I was a tad overwhelmed with the action. It wasn't as intense as the last transformers but was up in that range of action. Some pretty cool technology mixed with a fair plot. Looks like they built this one up for a sequel.

I give it 3 1/2 stars out of five

Wishboned
8/16/2009, 11:46 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VtYLOuVi9Ik&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VtYLOuVi9Ik&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bri
8/16/2009, 06:07 PM
I watched it yesterday. The Star Wars prequels had already taught me to let go of that "THEY'RE RAPING MY CHILDHOOD OH NOES" stuff, so I was able to just sit back and enjoy all the explosions and ninjas and foxy girls.

Oh, and Obama is the devil. There, now this thread can stay on the first page.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/17/2009, 11:20 AM

But it's not as bad as Episode I?