PDA

View Full Version : a lesson from hells kitchen

soonerchris
7/23/2009, 01:27 AM
Do you watch this show? Frickin hilarious! There's a ****** from *Texas* on there and he gets into it with a tiny guy from belgium and chef ramsey asks what's the problem you both speak english and the belgian says yes but he doesn't understand. He is from *Texas*! Even worldwide a jackass from *Texas* makes themselves known! How do you spot them when you encounter them?

fadada1
7/23/2009, 06:31 AM
we watch it. hard to explain texas to my wife. after seeing this asshat, she has a better understanding of the stereotypical texas dude. some good people come from texas, this is not one of them.

badger
7/23/2009, 07:28 AM
NP and I watched it (via DVR) last night. He's into some new show Warehouse 13 so that's the Tuesday night show now and Hell's Kitchen gets pushed to Wednesday.

I must say, I have seen every episode since its beginning and I have never seen this type of casting. Basically, the chicks are airheads and the dudes are hotheads.

Oh, and when JP said "He's from Texaz," you gotta rewind and watch Gordy's face... he tries his best to keep his composure and not laugh... the camera cuts away, but he was probably giggling inside his head about that comment the rest of the night.

NP suspects that Robert (returning from last season) is a ringer. I wonder if they'll bring in any of the previous contestants, like the Waffle House chef from two seasons ago that Ramsey sent to culinary school, or the Asian chick (Ji?) that got injured in a service and had to be wheeled out last season.

Quite frankly, this cast needs more ringers. They're all a train wreck and Louie getting kicked out immediately for screwing up meat was hilarious.

Can you tell? Huge fan of the show :D

Aries
7/23/2009, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I watch that show too. I would love to see Ji come back, early impressions were that she was going to make it a long way in a season that didn't start out with much talent. I hated it when she had to quit...

I kind of like the kid from Texas, didn't appreciate his attitude toward JP, but otherwise he's kind of funny. I could do without the "Yee-haws", though. He's so stereotypical, I would imagine the average Texan can't stand to see him on a national stage, kind of how I felt about seeing "Cowboy" on Big Brother 5.

jumperstop
7/23/2009, 10:45 AM
First season was good, but ever since then it seems like all the people they cast have no ability in cooking. Putting a waffle house cook in charge of a five star resturant is a bad idea. It's all nice and good to think that you could run a place like that, but it actually takes skill in cooking. And Gordon Ramsey is a reality show characture of his former self. (Go watch Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares on BBC)

ouleaf
7/23/2009, 11:02 AM
First season was good, but ever since then it seems like all the people they cast have no ability in cooking. Putting a waffle house cook in charge of a five star resturant is a bad idea. It's all nice and good to think that you could run a place like that, but it actually takes skill in cooking. And Gordon Ramsey is a reality show characture of his former self. (Go watch Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares on BBC)

It's better for the show if the contestants can't cook. Just gives more opportunities for "Ramsey" to berate them. I put Ramsey in quotation marks because it is an act that he puts on for the show. That's what makes the show popular. Not one of those cooks would be qualified to really work as even a dish washer in one of Ramsey's restaurants. The actual Gordon Ramsey is a hell of a cook, and his restaurants are top notch. He just does this show for the paycheck.

Ramsey's shows are pretty entertaining though. I think I prefer the Kitchen Nightmares a little more though. He seems more like himself on that show and actually seems to help out struggling family restaurants.

DMAFB_Sooner08
7/23/2009, 11:36 AM
Is this thread really football board worthy?

oudivesherpa
7/23/2009, 12:32 PM
Is this thread really football board worthy?

Yes, it's July and since I live in Texas I'd rather hear about the Food Network than the great Colt McCoy. But the Food Network and Colt are a lot alike.
Say, a Chalupa, Ok going down, but it will give you a pain in the a**.

badger
7/23/2009, 12:33 PM
It would probably have a longer shelf live on the south oval. The Idol thread about monkey balls lasted like two bajillion pages!

GottaHavePride
7/23/2009, 10:37 PM
I would eat a lot of beer with Gordon Ramsey. Dude seems cool. I agree - hells kitchen is an act. Check out the episode of The F-Word meets Top Gear. Ramsey gets beat cooking by a gearhead. :)

picasso
7/23/2009, 11:23 PM
Every season that show contains pathetic people without an ounce of integrity.

soonerchris
7/24/2009, 12:31 AM
Dudes!! The question was how do you spot a texan? Stupidity. Cockiness. Etc.

Crucifax Autumn
7/24/2009, 12:42 AM
Every season every reality show contains pathetic people without an ounce of integrity.

Fixed

Seamus
7/24/2009, 03:36 AM
NP and I watched it (via DVR) last night. He's into some new show Warehouse 13 so that's the Tuesday night show now and Hell's Kitchen gets pushed to Wednesday.

Warehouse 13 is the shiz-a-lay-lay.

X-Files + Keen Eddie. Very cool program. :pop: