PDA

View Full Version : Ok I have a Friend Who needs Help

olevetonahill
7/23/2009, 01:22 AM
WE need Ideas Please
He lost his Jorb, the employer is contesting the Unemployment issue which is Puttin him in a Bind.
He has to wait till the 1st week in Aug. to be able to see the welfare peeps , hes been out of work for a Month now Looking every day
Any suggestions ? On where to go for Immediate help ?

Thanks

Petro-Sooner
7/23/2009, 01:34 AM
Assuming he was let go due to the economy or what not and not fired how can the employer contest this? I'm in the same boat, looking.......

olevetonahill
7/23/2009, 01:36 AM
Assuming he was let go due to the economy or what not and not fired how can the employer contest this? I'm in the same boat, looking.......

His employer was trying to force him to Quit
then fired him .

def_lazer_fc
7/23/2009, 01:43 AM

you a landman?

Petro-Sooner
7/23/2009, 01:45 AM
Geologist

def_lazer_fc
7/23/2009, 01:47 AM
ah, that whole field is hurtin right now. in the same boat as you

olevetonahill
7/23/2009, 01:49 AM
So where does a young man go that has two kids and Needs help ?

Petro-Sooner
7/23/2009, 01:52 AM
To be honest Vet I dont know!

def_lazer_fc
7/23/2009, 01:53 AM
i'd give you a suggestion if i knew one. but having been laid off and looking for work every day as well, i have none. ive just recently gotten over the shock that i cant land a job with a college degree.

olevetonahill
7/23/2009, 01:56 AM
I told him to leave His wife and Kids and they will be on the Help in a heart beat
as Long as HES in the house they take their sweet *** time .
:mad:

Crucifax Autumn
7/23/2009, 05:26 AM
Yep...He oughtta knock her up with twins after giving her a crack habit. He'd be in like Flynn!

AggieTool
7/23/2009, 07:51 AM
What's his skillset/education?

Is he willing to move?

Turd_Ferguson
7/23/2009, 08:10 AM
He can borrow my ATM card...He'll have to get the shell's for it though.

Veritas
7/23/2009, 08:39 AM
Don't know how old this guy is but I've always fallen back on construction or bartending when out of work and needing cash. The money's not the best but it sure beats the hell out of nothing. And with bartending you can interview and such during normal hours.

adoniijahsooner
7/23/2009, 09:39 AM
Has he hit up all the temp agencies? Places like LaborReady is work today paid today agency; but he will have to be there early if he wants to work.

http://www.laborready.com/

Also, tell to try places like walmart for overnight stocking positions. Distribtutions centers for target and toys-r-us are starting to hire for seasonal positions as well. Grunt work is the only way to go in this current economy. Lastly, and this is no joke; when he goes to the welfare office ask him to inquire about a position as a case worker, they are getting flooded.

soonervegas
7/23/2009, 09:46 AM
There is a wholesale foods distribution center on highway 152 near mustang....they always have a hiring sign out.

But if he wants to just bridge the time till he gets unemp benefits....then I
2nd bartending/waiting tables.

olevetonahill
7/23/2009, 11:23 AM
Ok he lives in a state where everything is regulated even C- store clerks have to have permits and such
also a medical condition that precludes Construction type work.
He wanting a job , but they are hard to find as some of you already know .

AggieTool
7/23/2009, 01:20 PM
Ok he lives in a state where everything is regulated even C- store clerks have to have permits and such
also a medical condition that precludes Construction type work.
He wanting a job , but they are hard to find as some of you already know .

You're still not helping him out here...

What is his skillset?

Oh wait, OV translation...

Wat kinda werk does he done did?

olevetonahill
7/23/2009, 01:23 PM
You're still not helping him out here...

What is his skillset?

Oh wait, OV translation...

Wat kinda werk does he done did?

Computers , and such ya fool :P

NormanPride
7/23/2009, 02:02 PM
That's a rough industry... do you know what specific stuff? Did he fix them? Program them? Was he phone support? A consultant?

yermom
7/23/2009, 02:29 PM
supposedly it's hard to fill IT jobs right now. i'm sure regional effects are different though

where is he?

olevetonahill
7/23/2009, 02:32 PM
Nevada
I think he did mostly Design type stuff

AggieTool
7/23/2009, 02:33 PM
Computers , and such ya fool :P

That's bettah!

Tech jobs are highly regional these days.

Does he have a current resume?

Obviously have him go to Monster, and the other online sites if he hasn't already. That'll get his name in cyberspace in a viral way.

Everything is keyword dependent these days, so he needs to tailor his resume to the position applying for..

Next, he needs to find the companies he knows that has positions that match his skills and apply directly to their HR pages.

Have him check USA Jobs for gov stuff, and the OK state page for state stuff...

He may have to move though, at least it shouldn't be far.

There's a lot going on on Houston, and Dallas right now.

Is he a vet???

yermom
7/23/2009, 02:34 PM
yeah, that's not a good place to be...

SoonerStormchaser
7/23/2009, 04:34 PM
His employer was trying to force him to Quit
then fired him .

Sounds like the same deal my wife got...except they said they were letting her go due to the "economy," which was a total crock. I still talk to one of the people who works at her former company, and they've told me she's the only one they let go. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hope they all rot in hell.