Houston… 40.0
Boise State… 39.9
Texas Tech… 39.0
Florida… 38.5
Texas… 38.5
Missouri… 37.6
Okla. State… 36.5

`````````````````````````````````````````````
So do ya think Florida could play in the Big 12 or do those SEC defenses suck?

BOOMER

JLEW1818
7/21/2009, 12:19 AM
Florida would not be undefeated in the Big 12, Oklahoma would not be undefeated in the SEC... in my opinion.

stoopified
7/21/2009, 06:54 AM
No biggie that we lead the nation in scoring the last three yeas,after all we are the #1 all timescoring team in NCAA history-30,493 points.UF ranks in their with OU,UT .

Eielson
7/21/2009, 07:17 AM
Florida sure didn't do too well against a "JV defense" in their bowl game.

Boomer.....
7/21/2009, 07:21 AM
But I thought OSU had the world's greatest offense?

goingoneight
7/22/2009, 07:06 PM
Let's just have a look-see...

2008 OU vs. Hawaii... ummm... W

OU vs Miami = W (see 2007 OU/UM)

OU at Tenessee = W (this ain't Peyton Manning's team)

Ole Miss = No offense "Gator Nation," but if an injury-plagued Tech team can threaten 'em, I ain't scared of 'em on my home field.

OU at Arkansas = Really?

OU vs LSU = once again, playing in Norman against a team who we'd shut down and out? = W

OU vs Kentucky = W

OU at Vandy... oooooh... so scared!!!

OU vs USC (South Carolina)... can they even complete a pass? Apparently not on special teams, either.

OU vs The Citadel = OU vs. Chatanooga

OU at FSU = Even their best teams have never beaten us... but to be fair... different year, different team... we still destroy them.

OU vs Alabama = This one is a toss-up. When Bama wanted to, they played some mean defense. The question is not Bama offense versus OU defense... they'd only take what we gave them. So a good game defensively and on special teams (widely regarded a "fluke" during the middle of the season) and we win.

Florida played us a lot tighter than they want to admit. See, the thing about a typical fan of a big program is when you win, it's not enough. When you lose, it's a fluke. I heard a Florida fan (former Texaz and Vince Young fan) tell me "if Percy Harvin was 100%, that game ain't even close."
So, tell me... if Demarco Murray is 100%, what happens? We played the cards we were dealt as did UF. Just so happens having your team at full-strength and playing in your own state isn't something we had the luxury of.
Trade schedules and both teams were good enough to sweep. I think our Cincinnati and Texas was their Ole Miss and Alabama respectively. No evidence suggested who beat either team last year was definitively better, it just played out as wins and losses. I'd buy UF being some force to be reckoned with if we played them far away from their home state and they beat us at FULL STRENGTH 55-19. Instead, they got a well-earned and respected victory in a true dogfight.

For now, UF is a good #1 choice, but they're not some unbeatable force whose big, bad conference would have slain us long before the BCS. I'm still of the opinion that while UF did, indeed beat us, we played a tougher schedule.

madillsoonerfan5353
7/22/2009, 07:16 PM
Let's just have a look-see...

2008 OU vs. Hawaii... ummm... W

OU vs Miami = W (see 2007 OU/UM)

OU at Tenessee = W (this ain't Peyton Manning's team)

Ole Miss = No offense "Gator Nation," but if an injury-plagued Tech team can threaten 'em, I ain't scared of 'em on my home field.

OU at Arkansas = Really?

OU vs LSU = once again, playing in Norman against a team who we'd shut down and out? = W

OU vs Kentucky = W

OU at Vandy... oooooh... so scared!!!

OU vs USC (South Carolina)... can they even complete a pass? Apparently not on special teams, either.

OU vs The Citadel = OU vs. Chatanooga

OU at FSU = Even their best teams have never beaten us... but to be fair... different year, different team... we still destroy them.

OU vs Alabama = This one is a toss-up. When Bama wanted to, they played some mean defense. The question is not Bama offense versus OU defense... they'd only take what we gave them. So a good game defensively and on special teams (widely regarded a "fluke" during the middle of the season) and we win.

Florida played us a lot tighter than they want to admit. See, the thing about a typical fan of a big program is when you win, it's not enough. When you lose, it's a fluke. I heard a Florida fan (former Texaz and Vince Young fan) tell me "if Percy Harvin was 100%, that game ain't even close."
So, tell me... if Demarco Murray is 100%, what happens? We played the cards we were dealt as did UF. Just so happens having your team at full-strength and playing in your own state isn't something we had the luxury of.
Trade schedules and both teams were good enough to sweep. I think our Cincinnati and *Texas* was their Ole Miss and Alabama respectively. No evidence suggested who beat either team last year was definitively better, it just played out as wins and losses. I'd buy UF being some force to be reckoned with if we played them far away from their home state and they beat us at FULL STRENGTH 55-19. Instead, they got a well-earned and respected victory in a true dogfight.

For now, UF is a good #1 choice, but they're not some unbeatable force whose big, bad conference would have slain us long before the BCS. I'm still of the opinion that while UF did, indeed beat us, we played a tougher schedule.

What he said! :D

texas bandman
7/23/2009, 01:14 AM
What he said! :D

Ditto. :D

JLEW1818
7/23/2009, 01:16 AM
yup

NorCaligator
7/23/2009, 01:56 PM
I think that's a fair analysis by goingoneight.

jumperstop
7/23/2009, 02:07 PM
You left off the last game, OU vs OU. Who wins that?

SoonerStormchaser
7/23/2009, 02:16 PM
You left off the last game, OU vs OU. Who wins that?

http://cityspur.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/ditka.jpg

goingoneight
7/23/2009, 02:16 PM
We just played that game in March, remember? OUr defense shut down that high-powered OU offense. ;)

Jello Biafra
7/23/2009, 02:18 PM
From the Daily Oklahoman, July 20:

School Average PPG
Oklahoma… 41.2
Houston… 40.0
Boise State… 39.9
*Texas* Tech… 39.0
Florida… 38.5
*Texas*… 38.5
Missouri… 37.6
Okla. State… 36.5

`````````````````````````````````````````````
So do ya think Florida could play in the Big 12 or do those SEC defenses suck?

BOOMER

41.2 ppg?!?!? bah we'll prolly get punked by a second tier mormon school or something this coming year.