PDA

View Full Version : Throwing my Republicans brothers and sisters a bone..

soonerscuba
7/20/2009, 06:41 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/07/20/maloney-apologizes-for-using-n-word/

I cannot imagine the utter deafening calls for resignation that would happen if A) she was a Republican and B) if she were a man.

Also, I hate the "n-word" and by "n-word" I don't mean n***er, I mean calling it the n-word. It's essentially saying it, so why don't we just say racial slur, or say it.

StoopTroup
7/20/2009, 07:18 PM
CAN I GET AN AMEN ! ! !

http://selfdivider.com/base/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/rove.jpg

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/20/2009, 07:24 PM
Hell, Robt. (KKK)Byrd used it 2 or 3 times in a tv interview with Tim Russert, I think, a few yrs ago, and we all know he's a former KKK guy. Skate along, Bobby!

No biggee, Malone prolly won't have to quit the campaign.

StoopTroup
7/20/2009, 07:35 PM
Ln5RD9BhcCo

yermom
7/20/2009, 08:20 PM
"I repeated a word that should never be repeated."

:barf:

people should just laugh at someone using that word in sincerity and end its retarded "power"

when the president is black, i don't think that word means **** anymore

Curly Bill
7/20/2009, 08:24 PM
Who was it the other day making the argument that us white folks would me more likely to quit using the word if we didn't hear black folks use it all the time? That by them using it with one another, they're giving the impression that it really isn't all that bad.

Turd_Ferguson
7/20/2009, 08:27 PM
Who was it the other day making the argument that us white folks would me more likely to quit using the word if we didn't hear black folks use it all the time? That by them using it with one another, they're giving the impression that it really isn't all that bad.shut up cracka!:P

TUSooner
7/21/2009, 07:59 AM
Forget George Carlin's 7 words. Where are all the radical free-speech advocates while this word is being made unspeakable? If a piece of scum like Larrry Flynt is a 1st Amendment Hero for publishing vaginas, and if rappers who say "mother ****er" every line are defending the 1st Amendment, then the person who creates a stand-up routine making fun of the out "The Unspeakable N-word" should be a declared 1st Amendment Saint. If Carlin had lived longer, maybe he would have gotten around to it.

As a term of reference or an insult, it's totally unacceptable, but to say it can NEVER be said in any context is absurd. It's a WORD, not a bullet.

yermom
7/21/2009, 08:10 AM
the South Park about it was pretty good

AggieTool
7/21/2009, 08:15 AM
Forget George Carlin's 7 words. Where are all the radical free-speech advocates while this word is being made unspeakable? If a piece of scum like Larrry Flynt is a 1st Amendment Hero for publishing vaginas, and if rappers who say "mother ****er" every line are defending the 1st Amendment, then the person who creates a stand-up routine making fun of the out "The Unspeakable N-word" should be a declared 1st Amendment Saint. If Carlin had lived longer, maybe he would have gotten around to it.

As a term of reference or an insult, it's totally unacceptable, but to say it can NEVER be said in any context is absurd. It's a WORD, not a bullet.

That's WACIST!:mad:

adoniijahsooner
7/21/2009, 08:29 AM
To be honest, as an african american I laugh when i see people get all twisted up and speechless for using that word. Context is what makes it offensive, not the actual use of the word. I dont agree with people thinking that because a certain culture is liberal with the word nagger (South Park Ode), that means its okay for anyone else to blurt it out without incident. All of this freedom of speech talk is foolishness, and can be used as an excuse to abuse common sense. Am I free to say the b-word, yes I am; but I am free to call someone on this board the b-word, of course not. Let's try not be disrespectful towards other human beings with our speech and actions, because words have power and are capable of causing alot of hurt.

TUSooner
7/21/2009, 08:58 AM
To be honest, as an african american I laugh when i see people get all twisted up and speechless for using that word. Context is what makes it offensive, not the actual use of the word. I dont agree with people thinking that because a certain culture is liberal with the word nagger (South Park Ode), that means its okay for anyone else to blurt it out without incident. All of this freedom of speech talk is foolishness, and can be used as an excuse to abuse common sense. Am I free to say the b-word, yes I am; but I am free to call someone on this board the b-word, of course not. Let's try not be disrespectful towards other human beings with our speech and actions, because words have power and are capable of causing alot of hurt.

I agree especially with the part about not needing saying everything we are "free to say" without regard to others. Also agree that words can hurt; I have received and dished out a lot of hurtful words, to my regret. I was not advocating the use of n*gger or mother****er or the 7 words or even the publication of vaginas, but merely pointing out some easy hypocrisy where the langauge is concerned.

C&CDean
7/21/2009, 09:16 AM
You know what else bugs me? People that say "African-American." I'm white, you're black. Of course this doesn't apply to yellow, brown, or red people. Why? Cause most of those people are actually asian/hispanic/arab/etc. Us white and black people are primarily American. And indians are not red. They're the only true full-blooded Americans.

picasso
7/21/2009, 09:34 AM
well there are some honkies.

adoniijahsooner
7/21/2009, 09:40 AM
You know what else bugs me? People that say "African-American." I'm white, you're black. Of course this doesn't apply to yellow, brown, or red people. Why? Cause most of those people are actually asian/hispanic/arab/etc. Us white and black people are primarily American. And indians are not red. They're the only true full-blooded Americans.

I had this agrument with someone from Africa before, she said we are looked down upon by african because we dont havr an identity. Black people originated from somewhere, and that place is Africa. I dont wish to be boxed into the word black; in fact I also have indian blood running through me as well. Ultimately I am the one who decides what I am to be called, and how I view myself.

C&CDean
7/21/2009, 09:54 AM
I had this agrument with someone from Africa before, she said we are looked down upon by african because we dont havr an identity. Black people originated from somewhere, and that place is Africa. I dont wish to be boxed into the word black; in fact I also have indian blood running through me as well. Ultimately I am the one who decides what I am to be called, and how I view myself.

You're partially right. Everybody originated from somewhere. Me? Germany/Ireland/England/America. Where you're right is that you are the only one who can choose how you view yourself. Where you're wrong is that you are not the one who decides what you are to be called. To me, you're an American. Who happens to be black. I'll never call you an african anything, and I wouldn't ever expect you to call me a krautmicklimey anything either.

adoniijahsooner
7/21/2009, 11:12 AM
Whats a krautmicklimey? Hey, I still have my African medallions from the 80's, that has to count for something, right?

http://illrideamotorbike.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/picture-8-570x328.png

C&CDean
7/21/2009, 11:15 AM
Heh. And I still have my beads, bells, incense and lava lamp from the 60's. We were all stupid at some point in our lives, no?

GrapevineSooner
7/21/2009, 11:15 AM
If Youtube wasn't blocked here at work, I'd find the scene from Rescue Me several years ago where the entire firehouse had to go attend sensitivity training and post it here.

I don't deny it's offensive to use. And I wouldn't dare use it in in any situation myself.

But it's just a word.

And sometimes I wonder when 'controversies' like this occur whether or not the better course of action for people like Al Sharpton would be to just turn the other cheek instead of trying to blow it all up.

JohnnyMack
7/21/2009, 11:16 AM
You're partially right. Everybody originated from somewhere. Me? Hell. Where you're right is that you are the only one who can choose how you view yourself. Where you're wrong is that you are not the one who decides what you are to be called. To me, you're an American. Who happens to be black. I'll never call you an african anything, and I wouldn't ever expect you to call me a krautmicklimey anything either.

Fixed.

C&CDean
7/21/2009, 11:18 AM
Now that's funny John. The white American judge gives you a solid 9.5. It'd be a 10 if you actually believed in heaven/hell.

KC//CRIMSON
7/21/2009, 11:43 AM
You're partially right. Everybody originated from somewhere. Me? Germany/Ireland/England/America.

From this day forward you shall be called Heinz-57Dean.

C&CDean
7/21/2009, 01:08 PM
From this day forward you shall be called Heinz-57Dean.

Personally, I prefer to be called "Mutt."

All this reminds me of when I was a kid and our teacher asked us to "go home and find out what nationality you are and report it to the class tomorrow." I go home and say "mom, what am I?" She says "english, irish, ******, and dog." Next day, when it's my turn I go up and say "english, irish, ******, and dog." The teacher laughed, but still sent me to the office and they called my mom. She said "he didn't really say that did he?" I go "I asked, and that's what you said." She was embarrassed.

NormanPride
7/21/2009, 01:46 PM
Now I'm curious what the ****** is...

C&CDean
7/21/2009, 02:05 PM
Dooshe?