PDA

View Full Version : Minimum Wage goes up this friday

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/20/2009, 12:28 PM
What a relief! Just in time.The growing numbers of unemployed will be saddened to hear the booming economy will be kinder to its entry-level members... before the mandated higher wages cause even more businesses to fail. haha. Say 'hello" to the loveliness of democrat stewardship!

AggieTool
7/20/2009, 12:31 PM
Oh lawdy!

Weeze gonna pay dem teenagers a few cents more and drive up the deficit!:mad:

Now we won't have the money to start wars and bail out banks!:(

Oh the humanity!:D

7/20/2009, 12:33 PM
Do you do aggy boards too, or are we the only lucky ones?

yermom
7/20/2009, 12:37 PM
if we are going to have a minimum wage, it really should keep pace with inflation, right?

7/20/2009, 12:39 PM
if we are going to have a minimum wage, it really should keep pace with inflation, right?Sure. When a loaf of bread gets to $7.50, the min wage should jump to $28.00 per hr. haha. That will help economic recovery.

swardboy
7/20/2009, 12:44 PM
...and unemployment goes up Monday.

Eat that Obummer....

AggieTool
Do you do aggy boards too, or are we the only lucky ones?

Aggie boards aren't any fun because they're not full of neocon, homophobe, goober, redneck, xenophobic, narcissistic, bull shat artists.:D

soonerinabilene
Sure. When a loaf of bread gets to $7.50, the min wage should jump to $28.00 per hr. haha. That will help economic recovery.

When a loaf of bread gets to $7.50, i might finally try that adkins diet.

King Crimson
7/20/2009, 12:46 PM
there is no end to the evil, hypocrisy, and venal stupidity of people who aren't "True Conservatives". i think if you tune into Rush Limbaugh's radio show, which most people don't have the courage to do since he challenges all your existing, lazy libero-commie assumptions that you don't even know you have (!) with hard reason, macho (but not homo) cockstrutting oratory, and brutally honest facts...just one time. you'll see.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/20/2009, 12:54 PM
Aggie boards aren't any fun because they're not full of neocon, homophobe, goober, redneck, xenophobic, narcissistic, bull shat artists.:D

I thought that was this board...;)

Chuck Bao
7/20/2009, 12:55 PM
I really think some of you guys have missed your calling in life. You would make great stock market analysts with your ability to apply spin in such creative and interesting ways.

OUAlumni1990
7/20/2009, 12:56 PM
That min wage raise amounts to about 10%. Now if only that money would "trickle up" LOL.

AggieTool
7/20/2009, 12:56 PM
there is no end to the evil, hypocrisy, and venal stupidity of people who aren't "True Conservatives". i think if you tune into Rush Limbaugh's radio show, which most people don't have the courage to do since he challenges all your existing, lazy libero-commie assumptions that you don't even know you have (!) with hard reason, macho (but not homo) cockstrutting oratory, and brutally honest facts...just one time. you'll see.

You forgot "drug addicted"......

...oh wait....:P

7/20/2009, 01:00 PM
there is no end to the evil, hypocrisy, and venal stupidity of people who aren't "True Conservatives". i think if you tune into Rush Limbaugh's radio show, which most people don't have the courage to do since he challenges all your existing, lazy libero-commie assumptions that you don't even know you have (!) with hard reason, macho (but not homo) cockstrutting oratory, and brutally honest facts...just one time. you'll see.Why is it you remain a liberal, even after seeing it is against human nature, and therefore always fails?

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2009, 01:02 PM
That's great. Perfect timing libz.

2010 ain't gonna be pretty for the blue dogs at this rate.

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2009, 01:03 PM
As Sheriff Joe would probably say:

"Sometime ya gotta drive a lot of businesses out of business to save the economy"

AggieTool
7/20/2009, 01:05 PM
Why is it you remain a liberal, even after seeing it is against human nature, and therefore always fails?

You mean like toe-tapping in the men's room stall?:D

badger
7/20/2009, 01:10 PM
people who earn the increased minimum wage will indeed earn it... when their colleagues are laid off to make the bottom line, the ones left over will be picking up their slack.

AggieTool
7/20/2009, 01:13 PM
Can anyone cite one time when a raise in the minimum wage has resulted in layoffs?:confused:

7/20/2009, 01:14 PM
Can anyone cite one time when a raise in the minimum wage has resulted in layoffs?:confused:Why on earth would you think it doesn't work that way?

stoops the eternal pimp
7/20/2009, 01:22 PM
Can anyone cite one time when a raise in the minimum wage has resulted in layoffs?:confused:

I got laid once because it went up, and I had mo money to spend on my lady friend..

AggieTool
7/20/2009, 01:47 PM
Why on earth would you think it doesn't work that way?

There's theory, hype, spin, and fear mongering,...and then there's reality.

I prefer the later.:)

yermom
7/20/2009, 01:48 PM
Why on earth would you think it doesn't work that way?

because people have more money to spend?

do you have any data to support your side? surely they have increased minimum wage before. what happened then? what happened when it was initially instituted?

7/20/2009, 02:00 PM

do you have any data to support your side? surely they have increased minimum wage before. what happened then? what happened when it was initially instituted?Prices are raised to compensate for having to pay more wages(this isn't ROCKET SCIENCE, ya know?) This starts an upward pressure on prices, everywhere. Everyone has to pay more for the goods and services artificially driven up by govt. edict(once agin, how hard is this to see?) Industries with prices that are already on the edge of acceptability will lose sales and some go out of business. In a depressed economy such as RIGHT NOW, the last thing the economy needs is govt. programs which drive more folks out of business.(you should be able to understand this, since it is basic human nature, and I take it you're not from FRNOBULAC)

stoops the eternal pimp
7/20/2009, 02:03 PM
Prices are raised to compensate for having to pay more wages(this isn't ROCKET SCIENCE, ya know?) This starts an upward pressure on prices, everywhere. Everyone has to pay more for the goods and services artificially driven up by govt. edict(once agin, how hard is this to see?) Industries with prices that are already on the edge of acceptability will lose sales and some go out of business. In a depressed economy such as RIGHT NOW, the last thing the economy needs is govt. programs which drive more folks out of business.(you should be able to understand this, since it is basic human nature, and I take it you're not from FRNOBULAC)

The guy asked you a simple question...your response is why most people think your a doosh rocket and dont seriously consider your posts intellectual thought

King Crimson
7/20/2009, 02:04 PM
what kind of "small businesses" are we talking about here that are actually paying people minimum wage and what % of the employees are they?

it's a little like the health care thing, i see the word "small business" a lot as a sanctified normative idea as the backbone of american economics but what are we taking about? i worked for 6 different employers in the restaurant business all of which were single shop, worked with the owners directly but they would have laughed if anyone asked for or expected health insurance.

so, when i see people howling about small businesses going under because of health insurance it's unclear "how small" these places are. so, if the size is larger than the 10-150 range i experienced in restaurants then it's obvious if you are expecting health insurance....you aren't making the minimum wage. so, it seems the minimum wage people are a very small % of the workforce and seems sort of unlikely that that small % increase per hour is going to be the deadly force to american small businesses that's being suggested.

so, despite the hypotheticals, what is this model of the "small business"? because, whatever the party affiliation, the VAST majority of enterprise and profit in this country is conducted by very large corporations who exist in a kind of protected legal sphere which seems to capitalize on the language of "defending small business" but also seem lethal to their very existence.

and our commitment to "pure market principles" tells us that's because mom and pop can't compete in the marketplace, their product isn't as good or costs too high and so their demise is simply to be expected. so, if they can't compete, who cares? right?

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2009, 02:23 PM
so, if they can't compete, who cares? right?Obviously that appears to be the economic thinking of the current administration when it comes to any job generating enterprise, big or small.

But I guess we will see how 10%+ of funemployment and hope and change works out for everybody.

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2009, 02:28 PM

do you have any data to support your side? surely they have increased minimum wage before. what happened then? what happened when it was initially instituted?Its a job killer. Simple as that.

As a basic point of economics, it's a given that anytime you raise the cost of anything, you will use less of it. As such, the minimum wage hike that took effect in Massachusetts this year has been a job-killer for thousands of untrained youths, many of them minorities.

We're not the only ones to see this, by the way.

Economists David Tuerck and Paul Bachman at The Beacon Hill Institute did the math. They figured a hike in the minimum wage in Massachusetts from $6.75 an hour to $8.25 an hour (the level to which it originally was supposed to rise) would cost 26,970 jobs and subtract $371 million in wages across the state.http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=290386431246719

7/20/2009, 02:31 PM
The guy asked you a simple question...your response is why most people think your a doosh rocket and dont seriously consider your posts intellectual thoughtI'm going to spend the time doing a bunch of research to a question I know to be woefully ignorant or disengenuous? Most board libs might consider me a doosh rocket, but the ones not on ignore are those that don't(usually) call people names. You can do a bunch of research if you want and have the time. If you're honest, you will see that I am simply pointing out rational human behaviour. When the govt. attacks folks(business owners) they react to save their business, not just sit there and take it, and say "I'm an evil business owner, and have been bad. I will take the punishment and like it". haha

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2009, 02:37 PM
I'm going to spend the time doing a bunch of research to a question I know to be woefully ignorant or disengenuous? Most board libs might consider me a doosh rocket, but the ones not on ignore are those that don't(usually) call people names. You can do a bunch of research if you want and have the time. If you're honest, you will see that I am simply pointing out rational human behaviour. When the govt. attacks folks(business owners) they react to save their business, not just sit there and take it, and say "I'm an evil business owner, and have been bad. I will take the punishment and like it". haha
Just remember RLIMC, many of these people care nothing for the private enterprise of America.

Most likely they work for the government in some way or for a labor union and therefore don't believe they exist in real life, rather they live in some bubble that they believe is immune to the conditions of the market. To them, a profit is nothing more than a crime. A crime against a minority or woman most likely.

They will be in for a shock real soon ala California.

AggieTool
7/20/2009, 02:37 PM
I'm going to spend the time doing a bunch of research to a question I know to be woefully ignorant or disengenuous? Most board libs might consider me a doosh rocket, but the ones not on ignore are those that don't(usually) call people names. You can do a bunch of research if you want and have the time. If you're honest, you will see that I am simply pointing out rational human behaviour. When the govt. attacks folks(business owners) they react to save their business, not just sit there and take it, and say "I'm an evil business owner, and have been bad. I will take the punishment and like it". haha

I didn't know providing for a reasonable minimum wage was punishing business.;)

Shat, by that logic, paying ANY wage is punishing business.;)

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2009, 02:40 PM
Shat, by that logic, paying ANY wage is punishing business.;)

I'll go with that. ;)

sooner_born_1960
7/20/2009, 02:41 PM
Phil is rilly excited about this. He expects sponsorship to double.

SoonerBorn68
7/20/2009, 02:43 PM

...which is still better than a board full of sheep f*ckers.

7/20/2009, 02:45 PM
I didn't know providing for a reasonable minimum wage was punishing business.;)

Shat, by that logic, govt. requiring ANY specific wage is punishing business.;)fixed, and "that is correct, sir"!

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 02:51 PM
2010!!! we take back over!!!!! so obama has what, 1.5 years left?

7/20/2009, 02:59 PM
Just remember RLIMC, many of these people care nothing for the private enterprise of America.

Most likely they work for the government in some way or for a labor union and therefore don't believe they exist in real life, rather they live in some bubble that they believe is immune to the conditions of the market. To them, a profit is nothing more than a crime. A crime against a minority or woman most likely.

They will be in for a shock real soon ala California.Business owner/lib = Osama Bin Laden/conservative?

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2009, 03:06 PM
2010!!! we take back over!!!!! so obama has what, 1.5 years left?His Presidency is basically over when you have the Washington Post comparing him to Jimmuah and his "signature issue" as President is about to go down in flames with a super majority in congress.

7/20/2009, 03:09 PM
His Presidency is basically over when you have the Washington Post comparing him to Jimmuah and his signature issue as President is about to go down in flames with a super majority in congress.There ya go counting chickens before hatching eggs!

yermom
7/20/2009, 03:09 PM
Business owner : lib :: Osama Bin Laden : conservative?

it's still retarded after the notation is fixed

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 03:11 PM
His Presidency is basically over when you have the Washington Post comparing him to Jimmuah and his "signature issue" as President is about to go down in flames with a super majority in congress.

i just don't get how he thinks his policies will work...... or is he just trying to please the poor? i confused

yermom
7/20/2009, 03:14 PM
well, there are a lot more poor people than rich people...

Curly Bill
7/20/2009, 03:14 PM
i just don't get how he thinks his policies will work...... or is he just trying to please the poor? i confused

Yes, he is playing to his base.

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 03:18 PM
here is my take... I'm all for him trying to figure out a way to help kids get health care and stuff..... but when i have to get taxed to pay other families ****, when i am going to have trouble putting my kid through college, but my son won't be able to get financial aid because "we are above a certain money line"

is bull ****

yermom
7/20/2009, 03:20 PM
i think college and financial aid should probably follow healthcare reform ;)

student loans are a joke

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 03:21 PM
see, that is one thing i will fully support... Financial aid ... if kids want to go to school let them... just regulate it... if they fail classes cut them off... i would pay for that in a heartbeat.

I have many friends who get full financial aid, and work full time... it can be done!

and student loans are a joke

Curly Bill
7/20/2009, 03:23 PM
So...you don't want to susidize health care, but you will subsidize peeps going to college?

7/20/2009, 03:25 PM
it's still retarded after the notation is fixedmy formula was algebraic, as my memory serves me. Retarded? OK

Business owner: lib :: Maobama:Conservative

That should please you.

King Crimson
7/20/2009, 03:28 PM
Obviously that appears to be the economic thinking of the current administration when it comes to any job generating enterprise, big or small.

but, that's YOUR thinking (you say) when you pound your chest about free market principles and letting the market decide. can't really have it both ways.

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 03:31 PM
So...you don't want to susidize health care, but you will peeps going to college?

i think Financial Aid can be more "state" funded.... and i tend to feel that every young child should have health care.....

but u gotta have a cut off somewhere.

yermom
7/20/2009, 03:31 PM
the free market and China-Mart kills small business deader than minimum wage does, i'm thinking

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 03:32 PM
wal mart could defiantly have more cashiers!!!

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 03:34 PM
in other words... I'm all for state rights!!! how ever they want to do their systems.

Curly Bill
7/20/2009, 03:37 PM
i think Financial Aid can be more "state" funded.... and i tend to feel that every young child should have health care.....

but u gotta have a cut off somewhere.

State funded, or Federally funded, we are the ones paying for it.

I just thought it funny that normally you're in favor of govt. minding it's own business, but you're in favor of govt. doing more to fund higher education. Do ya see the contradiction? ;)

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 03:39 PM
absolutely... the only liberal part of me is financial aid!!

Curly Bill
7/20/2009, 03:40 PM
...and I'm not arguing against funding higher education. I just think it's funny how peeps are often against government involvement in matters unless it's something they support, and then that government involvement is welcomed.

...not to be picking on jlew... ;)

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 03:41 PM
just like everybody has to pay school taxes...

ya, i c what you are saying.

(I'm not on Financial aid either... )

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 03:43 PM
and maybe i would support some type of health care reform... but give me something better than what Obama is asking for .... it's a fact that govt health programs don't work.

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2009, 03:44 PM
but, that's YOUR thinking (you say) when you pound your chest about free market principles and letting the market decide. can't really have it both ways.No, not really. There is little thing called innovation and creative destruction in the market place.

But Marxists generally don't seem to grasp that idea.

Curly Bill
7/20/2009, 03:45 PM
He doesn't intend for it to work, unless he's really that stupid. He intends to reward the people that put him in office.

It's called politics.

JLEW1818
by the way... how much of a pay check goes to financial aid supporting? is this a federal or state tax situation?

OklahomaTuba
and maybe i would support some type of health care reform... but give me something better than what Obama is asking for .... it's a fact that govt health programs don't work.What? You mean you don't prefer to go to a VA or Indian Heath System medical provider over a private hospital???

Gee, I wonder why?? ;)

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2009, 03:46 PM
He doesn't intend for it to work, unless he's really that stupid, he intends to reward the people that put him in office.

It's called politics.

Its called Kenyan Economics.

But what do I know, I voted for the American. :D

King Crimson
7/20/2009, 03:46 PM
the free market and China-Mart kills small business deader than minimum wage does, i'm thinking

this is kind of what i don't get or at the very least see as pretty big blindspot in the "conservative" argumentation about "what's killing small business". the category: small business: is introduced as this sanctified normative that makes American economics what it is to the core. any threat to it is undermining all that makes the US great. then, complain about all the things that are "killing small business" except the thing that *actually is* killing small business.

so, either the free market should be allowed to let the big predators eat and forget about small business (because except in rare situations they truly can't compete) or keep the category of "small business" and then have to implement some kind of barriers to market entry which is big government....but, either way, quit using it as an ideological justification to oppose everything you disagree with in the name of an abstract principle which really only refers to a trope to oppose the "other" political party.

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 03:47 PM
lol

Curly Bill
7/20/2009, 03:47 PM
What? You mean you don't prefer to go to a VA or Indian Heath System medical provider over a private hospital???

Gee, I wonder why?? ;)

Because I've been in both of them before. :P

...not as a patient personally, but I've known and visited peeps in them.

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 03:48 PM
Figure a way for everyone to have health care, and nobody bitching about it..

and that might end up being the best President ever!

Curly Bill
7/20/2009, 03:49 PM
Figure a way for everyone to have health care, and nobody bitching about it..

and that might end up being the best President ever!

You do understand that's not possible?

Because what's good for me, is not good for the dude that doesn't want to work for a living, or the dude that's here illegally.

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2009, 03:50 PM
this is kind of what i don't get or at the very least see as pretty big blindspot in the "conservative" argumentation about "what's killing small business". the category: small business: is introduced as this sanctified normative that makes American economics what it is to the core. any threat to it is undermining all that makes the US great. then, complain about all the things that are "killing small business" except the thing that *actually is* killing small business.You're argument is funny. You seem to be confused as to what a small business is and how they operate.

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 03:52 PM
You do understand that's not possible?

Because what's good for me, is not good for the dude that doesn't want to work for a living, or the dude that's here illegally.

lol, exactly...

It all comes back to.... if your to dumb/poor/stupid..... don't reproduce!!!!

Sex is a privilege! Strap up dumbs ****s!!!!:D :hot:

Curly Bill
7/20/2009, 03:54 PM
lol, exactly...

It all comes back to.... if your to dumb/poor/stupid..... don't reproduce!!!!

Sex is a privilege! Strap up dumbs ****s!!!!:D :hot:

Here's where we're hosed, because the losers among us are reproducing faster than the rest of us. ;)

...we know that from the most recent election :D

King Crimson
7/20/2009, 03:54 PM
You're argument is funny. You seem to be confused as to what a small business is and how they operate.

i actually asked for a definition of terms in a previous post. why don't you educate me. i realize sticking to a consistent definition of things that would permit a kind of *analytical* rather than partisan honking type discussion is poison to you.

StoopTroup
7/20/2009, 03:55 PM
You're argument is funny. You seem to be confused as to what a small business is and how they operate.

This Country quit giving a **** about small business when GWB was elected.

About the only way to operate one anymore is to break every law you can get away with and ask for forgiveness when they catch you at it.

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 03:55 PM
Here's where we're hosed, because the losers among us are reproducing faster than the rest of us. ;)

hopefully I'm dead by the time scum takes over America.... or God just might come back!!!

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2009, 04:02 PM
i actually asked for a definition of terms in a previous post. why don't you educate me.I assume you have "Gore's Innerweb", so I will let you educate yourself.

Or better yet, lets just raise taxes, raise the cost of energy, health care, more regulation, and minimum wage and also deal with the impended debasement of the US Dollar thanks to Kenyen Economics and see what happens to the unemployment rate then???

I dare say that once the liberal/progressive welfare state agenda is fully realized, we will be lucky to have many businesses of any size hiring anybody for the foreseeable future.

Hope and Change!

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2009, 04:05 PM
This Country quit giving a **** about small business when GWB was elected.

About the only way to operate one anymore is to break every law you can get away with and ask for forgiveness when they catch you at it.
Actually, GWB was one of the most small business friendly Presidents ever.

The tax cuts of 2001 were designed to help those specifically, and it probably helped us get through the 9/11 recession quicker.

StoopTroup
7/20/2009, 04:08 PM
Actually, GWB was one of the most small business friendly Presidents ever.

The tax cuts of 2001 were designed to help those specifically, and it probably helped us get through the 9/11 recession quicker.

Were designed....LMAO. I know he ran his ticket all about small business but at the end of his run as President...not many were any better off. Many I know are working for someone after they declared bankruptcy.

OklahomaTuba
7/20/2009, 04:15 PM
Were designed....LMAO. I know he ran his ticket all about small business but at the end of his run as President...not many were any better off. Many I know are working for someone after they declared bankruptcy.Lots of business go bankrupt, regardless of who is President. I'm using the last recession as an example, and we pulled through that one in half the time as the current one.

I wonder why?

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 04:16 PM
tuba who gonna be OUr guy in 2012?

yermom
7/20/2009, 04:17 PM
we didn't pull through. none of the problems were solved. they just built a house of cards which has since fallen

StoopTroup
7/20/2009, 04:19 PM
Lots of business go bankrupt, regardless of who is President. I'm using the last recession as an example, and we pulled through that one in half the time as the current one.

I wonder why?

Yeah but his deal was he was gonna put America back on the right track by making it stronger and that your dreams of owning your own business could come true in this Country. He didn't come close. What your saying is that some of them survived do to his efforts as President....which is very true.

yermom
7/20/2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah but his deal was he was gonna put America back on the right track by making it stronger and that your dreams of owning your own business could come true in this Country. He didn't come close. What your saying is that some of them survived in spite of his efforts as President....which is very true.

fixed ;)

StoopTroup
7/20/2009, 04:21 PM
fixed ;)

heh

soonerscuba
7/20/2009, 04:33 PM
Heh. Small business is a term like "traditional values" it tends to be all things to all people. I think a lot of people are missing the fact that minimum wage increases tend to stifle hiring, to a fraction of the working populace I might add, as opposed to creating unemployment, there is a subtle, but meaningful difference.

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 04:35 PM
Answer me this, how does raising minimum wage help the unemployment.... now entry level jobs (burger king) will require higher standards... 2010 can't come soon enough.

yermom
7/20/2009, 04:36 PM
who said anything about it helping unemployment?

soonerhubs
7/20/2009, 04:38 PM
who said anything about it helping unemployment?

Unemployment needs a hand. Pay attention! ;)

soonerscuba
7/20/2009, 04:41 PM
Answer me this, how does raising minimum wage help the unemployment.... now entry level jobs (burger king) will require higher standards... 2010 can't come soon enough.It isn't designed to help unemployment, it's designed to help the people in those working conditions. I'm not some crazy advocate, but these arguments come up everytime the minimum wage is increased and we generally won't see any sort of meaningful economic impact, simply because it's a small sample of the work force which is paid fractional amounts in salary compared to the national salary pool. I would understand if we increased it to $20/h, but I think that we are simply addressing inflationary changes, and generally the political will is to throw a bone to people with terrible jobs.

tommieharris91
7/20/2009, 04:42 PM
Lots of business go bankrupt, regardless of who is President. I'm using the last recession as an example, and we pulled through that one in half the time as the current one.

I wonder why?

Because housing prices kept rising during that recession. This recession was going to be worse no matter what the gubmint did.

tommieharris91
7/20/2009, 04:47 PM
Heh. Small business is a term like "traditional values" it tends to be all things to all people. I think a lot of people are missing the fact that minimum wage increases tend to stifle hiring, to a fraction of the working populace I might add, as opposed to creating unemployment, there is a subtle, but meaningful difference.

Increasing minimum wage is giving a privilege to low-level workers. Empirical evidence shows that when governments give low-level workers more privileges, unemployment at the natural level rises.

On another note, wasn't this increase scheduled by Dubya?

Scott D
7/20/2009, 04:56 PM
Increasing minimum wage is giving a privilege to low-level workers. Empirical evidence shows that when governments give low-level workers more privileges, unemployment at the natural level rises.

On another note, wasn't this increase scheduled by Dubya?

yeah, but did you expect the two resident parrots on this board to do anything but twist it into being Obama's fault...or better yet, the 2006 elections.

StoopTroup
7/20/2009, 05:20 PM

Scuba...I tend to agree with you in the matter of raising it right now. Probably should have been at least delay for now. Funny if this was W's doing though. I didn't even give that a thought. Now that it out there in the thread...it does seem ironic if he did and he was all about helping small business....

Good post.

Curly Bill
7/20/2009, 05:30 PM
Bush was a dumas, he had no idea who he was helping.

edit...not that this excuses Brack from being an even bigger dumas.

StoopTroup
7/20/2009, 05:40 PM
Bush was a dumas, he had no idea who he was helping.

edit...not that this excuses Brack from being an even bigger dumas.

Tru dat....and every stinking politician that is using any of this to better his or her career.

We need real Americans helping straighten this crap out.

I fear we have run out of them...at least the ones who are willing to get their hands dirty and Git'er Done.

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 05:58 PM
Bush is still funny tho... lol

7/20/2009, 07:07 PM
wal mart could defiantly have more cashiers!!!BOLD!!!

7/20/2009, 07:09 PM
Its called Kenyan Economics.

But what do I know, I voted for the American. :DHOW DARE YOU?

StoopTroup
7/20/2009, 07:13 PM
HOW DARE YOU?

I said Real Americans. ;)

7/20/2009, 07:16 PM
we didn't pull through. none of the problems were solved. congressional dems just built a house of cards which has since fallenYa think?!?!?...(fixed)Oh, of course W and the repubs in congress when he was POTUS effed up too, by going along with the hare-brained dems, or not fighting them hard enough.

StoopTroup
7/20/2009, 07:20 PM
Don't worry History will be the judge of all of this...whoever writes the **** that is....

yermom
7/20/2009, 07:53 PM
what does Kenya have to do with any of this?

i don't think their economy is very good either. they seem to be pushing tourism pretty hard: http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/kenya/

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 07:53 PM
lol

7/20/2009, 07:56 PM
what does Kenya have to do with any of this?

There have been several subjects discussed in this thread.

yermom
7/20/2009, 08:23 PM
i'm just sayin'

i'm no economist, but a Kenyan model for economics doesn't sound like a good idea to me

stoops the eternal pimp
7/20/2009, 08:50 PM
this thread is teh hilarious

yermom
7/21/2009, 12:00 PM
speaking of hilarity:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/20/AR2006122001784.html

Bush signed and "endorsed" this. excuse me while i laugh at you now.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/21/2009, 12:11 PM
lets see how this spins

Curly Bill
7/21/2009, 12:21 PM
I'm going with clockwise.

Scott D
7/21/2009, 12:24 PM
speaking of hilarity:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/20/AR2006122001784.html

Bush signed and "endorsed" this. excuse me while i laugh at you now.

let's see

Lame Duck President, Not a true conservative, RINO.

Think that should cover the beginning of the excuses. I guess we'll hear the good long winded versions once RLiMC is done eating his crackers. ;)

yermom
7/21/2009, 12:52 PM
haha!

7/21/2009, 04:59 PM
speaking of hilarity:

Bush signed and "endorsed" this. excuse me while i laugh at you now.Who would you be laughing at, and why would you be laughing?

yermom
7/21/2009, 05:01 PM
this is somehow Obama's fault :rolleyes:

7/21/2009, 05:05 PM
this is somehow Obama's fault :rolleyes:Obama's whacko spending is Obama's fault. The origins of the recession are the democrats' fault. Bush wanting the govt to set min. wage would not be Obama's fault.

yermom
7/21/2009, 05:28 PM
right. it was signed in 2006 by Bush, yet you guys are blaming the timing and business hating on the current administration and the dems

7/21/2009, 05:37 PM
right. it was signed in 2006 by Bush, yet you guys are blaming the timing and business hating on the current administration and the demsMinimum wage is a classic Nanny-state concept, that unfortunately some in the republican party believe in. Virtually ALL democrats politicians are for it. What's/where's the gotcha? Minimum Wage has always been closely associated with the democrat party.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/22/2009, 02:08 AM
What the hell is the problem? I mean the only people making minimum wage are teenagers for the most part. Hell I can't remember ever making just minimum wage. Give the Kiddos more money, you know they will blow it on **** they don't need.

yermom
7/22/2009, 02:37 AM
yep. more disposable income for people that will actually spend it...

Scott D
7/22/2009, 03:05 AM
Nanny staters! Back in RLimC's day min. wage was $1.50 AND THEY LIKED IT!

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/22/2009, 03:18 AM
And the life expectancy was 32 ;)

beer4me
7/22/2009, 07:17 AM
OMG your arguing over the minimum wage being raised for the least paid people in the work force and forecasting the total collapse of our economy.

Yet bam-bam is bailing out companies right and left from AIG to GM with BILLIONS of your tax dollars so they can continue to pay the CEO’s and others Millions dollars in bonus’s and you see nothing wrong with that?

Your view is, this is a well thought out plan and that is going make the economy recover?

Guess it’s just me but when my checkbook says it no longer contains any money in it “I QUIT SPENDING”. Never heard of anyone getting out of debt by spending more.

Yea bam-bam is god’s gift to the US….whatever

def_lazer_fc
7/22/2009, 07:57 AM

you got that a little *** backwards there champ.

King Crimson
7/22/2009, 09:38 AM
i'd like to congratulate LASooner for a complete swing and a miss on the sarcasm in my post #9 of this thread.

maybe a little too itchy with that neg finger, bro.