PDA

View Full Version : Cowherd has lost his mind(again)

stoopified
7/20/2009, 11:23 AM
He is saying BYU could win 11 games this year.He also says BYU PLAYS THEIR TWO TOUGHEST GAMES-UTAH AND TCU AT HOME.Apparrently we are third toughest on the Cougar slate.

I did e-mail Cowherd about that subject and also asked him about UT ahead of us since 20000.I'll let you know IF I get an answer.

Doyen
7/20/2009, 11:28 AM
He is saying BYU could win 11 games this year.He also says BYU PLAYS THEIR TWO TOUGHEST GAMES-UTAH AND TCU AT HOME.Apparrently we are third toughest on the Cougar slate.

I did e-mail Cowherd about that subject and also asked him about UT ahead of us since 20000.I'll let you know IF I get an answer.

Those ARE the two games that have the most bearing on BYU's postseason.

stoopified
7/20/2009, 11:34 AM
Those ARE the two games that have the most bearing on BYU's postseason.

But NOT the toughest.Toughest is what Colin said.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/20/2009, 11:40 AM
I am guessing he meant their two toughest games that they will be capable of winning ;)

badger
7/20/2009, 11:45 AM
I guess there's a possibility that he confused this year's schedule with last year's... and then screwed up the location of the games... somehow... you know, to give him the benefit of the doubt and all... yeah... right...

:pop:

sooner_born_1960
7/20/2009, 11:51 AM
He's a moron. You shouldn't get upset when morons say moronic things.

stoopified
7/20/2009, 11:56 AM
Not upset,simply bringing his mistake to his attention to see if he will acknowledge it.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/20/2009, 11:58 AM
i haven't listened to that dude is forever..too stupid

yermom
7/20/2009, 12:21 PM
he probably meant 2 toughest winnable games ;)

picasso
7/20/2009, 12:27 PM
I've never listened to him.

I take guys who actually played the game a bit more seriously.

Sooner_Bob
7/20/2009, 12:30 PM
All he likes to do is stir up crap . . . that is one thing he is good at.

soonersam
7/20/2009, 12:32 PM
I've never listened to him.

I take guys who actually played the game a bit more seriously.

Heavy betting actauly makes him kinda smart. His locks are LOCKS!

picasso
7/20/2009, 12:56 PM
Heavy betting actauly makes him kinda smart. His locks are LOCKS!

well I don't bet so there ya go.

jumperstop
7/20/2009, 01:21 PM
I hate Cowheard. He sums up the media/ESPN **** sucking bull**** in one person.

Curly Bill
7/20/2009, 01:23 PM
He admits that he's just in it to stir **** up, says that's what he's paid for.

soonermix
7/20/2009, 02:08 PM
are you sure he didn't mean two toughest conference games?

JLEW1818
7/20/2009, 02:40 PM
**** all of them!!! if you aint in Sooner crimson, your dead to me

madillsoonerfan5353
7/20/2009, 07:05 PM
He's a moron. You shouldn't get upset when morons say moronic things.

Right on!! :pop:

soonerinabilene
7/20/2009, 07:21 PM
If you are not a) a buckeye fan saying he full of crap b) a trojan fan saying he is absolutely correct or c) a spokesman for Vizio, he wont respond to your email or mention you on air.

Sooner in Tampa
7/20/2009, 07:24 PM
Cowherd does have moments of lucidity. When Billy Mays died right after MJ...he said he felt more "upset" that Billy Mays died. He got lambasted as a racist for it.

He explained it very simply, he had more in common with Billy Mays...family man, hard working, and salt of the earth.

MJ...weird, recluse, gave merlot to 8 yr old boys (allegedly), and just a constant freak show. He explained that in his death, everyone forgot about MJ's transgressions.

stoopified
7/21/2009, 07:33 AM
Basically I think Colin does ok on all pro sports,it is just college football and basketball where he sucks.

On second thought maybe he sucks at pro sprts too and I just don't care because I am a college sports fan. :D

jumperstop
7/21/2009, 08:46 AM
Cowherd does have moments of lucidity. When Billy Mays died right after MJ...he said he felt more "upset" that Billy Mays died. He got lambasted as a racist for it.

He explained it very simply, he had more in common with Billy Mays...family man, hard working, and salt of the earth.

MJ...weird, recluse, gave merlot to 8 yr old boys (allegedly), and just a constant freak show. He explained that in his death, everyone forgot about MJ's transgressions.

I agree 1000% with this and have been saying those exact same things for the the past few weeks now. I was much more upset about Billy May's than Mr. Pedo.

I still ****ing hate Cowheard though...

Sooner in Tampa
7/21/2009, 09:05 AM
I agree 1000% with this and have been saying those exact same things for the the past few weeks now. I was much more upset about Billy May's than Mr. Pedo.

I still ****ing hate Cowheard though...

Cowheard is no better or no worse than any other hack who is on the radio. They say **** to make people react. They want to utter something that will make people say "Hey, did you hear what Cowheard said about....."

I guess it's working

cheezyq
7/21/2009, 03:44 PM
He's a friggin' USC fan. Case closed.

CBUS_SOONER
7/21/2009, 03:53 PM
usc fan who has never played a sport and has "little man" syndrome... Nuff said

ouduckhunter
7/22/2009, 05:42 PM
He was annoying when he did local sports in Portland, OR. Didn't like him then, and I don't like him now either.

Bronco
7/22/2009, 09:00 PM
Hello OU fans,

BYU has a tough row to hoe, not as tough as some schools, TCU was awesome last year and so was Utah, the unknown is always hard to perdict, Cowherd is either unaware that they play OU or he really is an idiot. OU will be in for a suprise the first game with BYU but in the end OU will win this one from what I read and heard, Cougar fans are sick they have to play OU out of the gate. Last year they were thinking before OU got scheduled they were going to run the table...so much for that.

ashley
7/22/2009, 09:18 PM
He is the best on radio and TV period. He knows more about college ball than most anyone.

Curly Bill
7/22/2009, 09:19 PM
Good grief.

sooner ngintunr
7/22/2009, 09:19 PM
thats bat**** crazy.

Curly Bill
7/22/2009, 09:21 PM
thats bat**** crazy.

That's well put.

sooner ngintunr
7/22/2009, 09:39 PM
anyone that sits behind a mic for a living, does not know "more about college ball than most anyone".

picasso
7/22/2009, 10:57 PM
He is the best on radio and TV period. He knows more about college ball than most anyone.

Not when bias gets in the way.

Jello Biafra
7/23/2009, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=Bronco;2649965]Hello OU fans, [/Qoute]

Hello Mrs. Hall.

BYU has a tough row to hoe,

who you calling hoe?

TCU was awesome last year and so was Utah

see...this statement right here disqualifies you from talking football with some of us here. it's hard to take you seriously with this kind of garbage. second tier teams RARELY give us trouble and your next statement solidifies my argument.

[Quote=Bronco;2649965] OU will be in for a suprise the first game with BYU [QUOTE]

thats just silliness and my retort is well...silly.

defensive player walking back to the lockeroom:

"wow. BYU really suprised me in a few areas today. i had no idea that had so many samoans on the team and i really didnt expect them to throw that much but one of them asked me if i knew jesus christ after i crushed his labia on a twist blitz. man, i didnt know how to act"

2nd defensive player "yeh. i was suprised that danny whites nephew was only a second team all-MWC player last year. he really worked hard to get his 175 yards passing today."

1st: "its a good thing Mike stoops sent us some film on these dudes. cuz if it wasnt for that, we would have never been able to beat a team that beat washington, northern iowa and San Diego state in the same year."

2nd: "yeh coach mike still loves him some OU football"

1st: "hey!...i found this out yesterday...did YOU know that The Cougars ended last season with the nation's longest active home and overall win streaks at 12 and 10 games, respectively. that according to their athletic website, sponsored by the church of jesus christ of latter day saints."

2nd: "nooooo you jivin me man! that home streak belongs to us...we haven't lost at home in 5 years and that was to TCU, a team that dismantled the MWC on thier way to a top 5 finish. right?"

1st: "true dat but osu has scoreboard on them so we should count our lucky stars we won."

2nd: "yup now its on to Norman to face idaho state. i hope we dont trip up in this game. you DO know they are picked to finish 9th in the big sky conference this year right?"

1st: "yeh. i heard that. they have one of the toughest non conference schedules in the sub division...we're going to be lucky to beat them too"

2nd: "true true"

OUAlumni1990
7/23/2009, 01:03 PM
second tier teams RARELY give us trouble and your next statement solidifies my argument.

We really don't want to go there..

MiccoMacey
7/23/2009, 01:06 PM
second tier teams RARELY give us trouble and your next statement solidifies my argument.

Ummm...one of the teams you are talking about is the last team that beat us at home.

Sorry if this seems like I'm bagging on you. I'm not. It's more of the attitude I'm bagging on. I hate it. Absolutely hate it.

Those second tier programs are getting better every year. Remember Boise State?

"Lower tier" programs beat "upper tier" programs every year.

It's hard to take a fanbase serious when they act/feel/speak as if they're untouchable by lowly peasant programs. It's extremely elitist, and speaks more to that person's inability to grasp a new concept...those "second tier" teams are gaining on those upper tier teams.

OUAlumni1990
7/23/2009, 01:12 PM
TCU is a damn good "second tier" team. They had a defense last year that was one of the best in the country, they just weren't all that good defending against the pass which is why we were able to hang 35 on them last year. They are definitely a team to watch out for.

I guess I'm one of the few OU fans that will take BYU seriously. Agreed, the odds are heavily in our favor, but we definitely don't want to look past this one and show up unprepared.

Jello Biafra
7/23/2009, 01:23 PM
Ummm...one of the teams you are talking about is the last team that beat us at home.

yeh, and if you read my entire post, you will see i was making light of that fact.

Sorry if this seems like I'm bagging on you. I'm not. It's more of the attitude I'm bagging on. I hate it. Absolutely hate it.

Those second tier programs are getting better every year. Remember Boise State?

"Lower tier" programs beat "upper tier" programs every year.

It's hard to take a fanbase serious when they act/feel/speak as if they're untouchable by lowly peasant programs. It's extremely elitist, and speaks more to that person's inability to grasp a new concept...those "second tier" teams are gaining on those upper tier teams.

and as a fan of one of those upper tier teams and one who has actually played D1 ball, its all in the attitude...confidence. if you walk into the game timid, you will play timid. if you play timid, you will get beat. period. there should be absolutely no human or sports team you fear. respect? sure. i dont go to other boards talking about how we are going to "suprise" people because there is no suprise. we are expected to win. ANND i certainly don't put up with any fan of any other team coming on to my home board and talking smack about my team, my coahes or my freinds or family. you guys can sit back and be mellow and try to be logical with your statements and theories but im done with pulling punches. its been NINE Fin years since we won an NC and with the teams we have put out in the heat of battle, we should have more.

if you think the players aren't in here looking around, you're mistaken. Quite frankly, id rather them see me talking shiite to a fan of another team and them knowing we are behind them one thousand percent than seeing some of you pittying a fan of the MVC...

when it comes to football, screw em...if they don't have an interlocking OU on thier helmet, they aint shiite to me.

MiccoMacey
7/23/2009, 02:30 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiments.

1) Those playing football for OU should have confidence in themselves and their teammates that they'll win. Timidity has no place on a football field. We agree.

2) I'm ready to win another NC. We agree.

3) I have little doubt current football players read these boards (shame on you guys :)). I support our team and believe we'll beat everyone we play this year. If/when we ever lose to some team (lower or upper tier), I'l still support our team. We agree.

But you didn't address my main point. That is that the line between "upper tier" and "second tier" programs are getting blurried quickly.

We don't beat those teams just because we're OU. I've heard Coach Stoops say waaaaay too many times that he doesn't believe that...we win because our kids come in and do the work. Not just because we deserve it because we're OU.

If our kids don't work, if they don't watch film, if they don't prepare now...they'll lose, regardless if we're OU or not.

That's my main point.

As for fans talking smack over here...I'll let you carry that torch. You're a better defender of the faith that way than I am.

Jello Biafra
7/23/2009, 02:49 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiments.

1) Those playing football for OU should have confidence in themselves and their teammates that they'll win. Timidity has no place on a football field. We agree.

2) I'm ready to win another NC. We agree.

3) I have little doubt current football players read these boards (shame on you guys :)). I support our team and believe we'll beat everyone we play this year. If/when we ever lose to some team (lower or upper tier), I'l still support our team. We agree.

But you didn't address my main point. That is that the line between "upper tier" and "second tier" programs are getting blurried quickly.

We don't beat those teams just because we're OU. I've heard Coach Stoops say waaaaay too many times that he doesn't believe that...we win because our kids come in and do the work. Not just because we deserve it because we're OU.

If our kids don't work, if they don't watch film, if they don't prepare now...they'll lose, regardless if we're OU or not.

That's my main point.

As for fans talking s*Mack* over here...I'll let you carry that torch. You're a better defender of the faith that way than I am.

WERD...

I agree with most of your points...dam near all of them but i just want to make it clear to any web rat that walks into this house.

we ain't colorado state. we ain't northern friggin iowa. we aren't even wyoming. we ARE OU. i've said it many times and ill say it one more time for those that are a little slow. they don't play defense out west. never have and probably never will. BYU may have put up nice numbers during the season but they were playing, well, less than average teams.

stoops smacked them around a whole bunch to close the season out and he doesn't exactly have top ranked talent. if you thought the desert swarm was fast, you will be very scared come opening day in arlington. in fact, im going out on a limb right now and say they get less than 75 yards rushing with a little over 200 yards passing with our defense pouring all over that QB to the tune of 3 sacks. they can't score if they dont have the ball and i think we will score damn near at will by the second half. we'll be sluggish and rather cumbersome to start off but the engine will crank up again...

Curly Bill
7/23/2009, 02:54 PM
Are our kids lifting weights this summer?

Because I've heard some of the people we're playing are doing that.

OUAlumni1990
7/23/2009, 02:59 PM

Exactly.