PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa United Film Festival, 7/31-8/2

bri
7/19/2009, 08:13 PM
http://www.theunitedfest.com/tulsa/

Tulsa United is proud to present an amazing list of Feature-Length Narratives and Documentaries. Nearly all films will be Tulsa Premieres or Special Engagement Screenings and will be preceded by a selection of Award-Winning Short Films.

All film screenings are $8, All Access Passes are $50 & Mini Passes are $25.

Our opening night films include The Legend of Billy Fail, filmed in and around the Tulsa area.

Also premiering is The Shark is Still Working, a captivating documentary about one of Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters of all time, Jaws. To gear up for the documentary, come out to our special screening of Jaws and see Steven Spielberg's classic on the big screen. Other films in our lineup are Rock-afire Explosion, Airplay: The Rise and Fall of Rock Radio, The Union: The Business Behind Getting High, New Brow: Contemporary Underground Art, Fagbug, and Wiener Takes All.

Rock-afire Explosion is a documentary about a small town disc-jockey, a struggling inventor, and an animatronic rock band, that quickly becomes an eccentric portrait of childhood memories, broken dreams, and the resilience of the human spirit. This unique and touching Tulsa premiere will close the festival on August 2nd.

Hell yes. I've been wanting to see The Shark Is Still Working for a while now. It was narrated by Roy Scheider and is dedicated to him now, along with Peter Benchley. And seeing Jaws on the big screen again is worth having to leave a Cure vs. New Order retro dance party early. God, I'm going to miss Tulsa. :D

A Tulsa native filmmaker, Jason Connell and his production company Connell Creations founded Tulsa United Film Festival 6 years ago and recently completed their first feature length film Strictly Background. Now living in Hollywood, Connell has expanded the United Film Festivals into Los Angeles & New York in 2007 and is adding San Francisco, Chicago & London in 2009. With this growth the rich tradition of screening humorous, touching and sometimes provocative films is reaching even more people than ever.

And before anyone d*uches up this thread, no, Tulsa is not > than OKC, nor is OKC > Tulsa. Shut up shut up shut up.

yermom
7/19/2009, 08:20 PM
but apparently Tulsa > Norman :(

;)

i'd go, but that weekend Vegas > Tulsa...

Sooner_Bob
7/19/2009, 08:21 PM
You're going to miss Tulsa?

I assume you're moving some where?

bri
7/19/2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I'm moving back to Norman next month to finish my BA.

bri
7/19/2009, 09:07 PM
but apparently Tulsa > Norman :(

;)

i'd go, but that weekend Vegas > Tulsa...

Between August's midnight movie being Dead Snow and September's being Aliens, I'm gonna have to start up a weekend carpool from Norman to Tulsa. :D

KC//CRIMSON
7/19/2009, 09:53 PM
Speaking of documentaries, that selection of The Kid Stays In The Picture that you have in your queue, was awesome.

bri
7/19/2009, 10:40 PM
NETFLIX STALKER!!

Patton Oswalt's bit about Robert Evans is teh hilarious.

jkN226PToig

bri
8/1/2009, 03:52 AM
Night one in the books; awesome. There were a few people in the Jaws screening who hadn't seen it before - total win. All of us who have seen it hundreds of times knew to stay extra quiet leading up to the big scares just so we could savor their screams of terror. 'Cause we're evil.