PDA

View Full Version : It's summer and OU Football.....

SoonerKnight
7/19/2009, 02:14 AM
Is right around the corner so I thought I would post something cuz I am bored! :D Back in 2000 I had a feeling that OU was going to be really good. We were went undefeated and well won #7. What we now need to do is win #8. I believe that this is the year that this will happen.

This year we have a very good D coming back. Despite the offensive play in the NC game I think our D played great and believe me I was worried after I thought we would do to WV what they did to us it still stings.

Anyway, I believe that with our talent at D and our stellar offense we will be unstoppable. I believe that we will beat every team that we play this year by 30+!!!!! I more than believe this I feel it in my gut just like 2000. I mean I started having that feeling for the 2000 season after the 1999 ND game where we hung in there and I remember what Stoops said then. That this team needs to learn how to win. Well they know how to win. We had injuries and people leaving early for the NFL. Now we have a QB, TE, OL, etc.. that have decided to stay because they want to win it all. They want the glory that comes with walking into just about anywhere in Oklahoma and being admired for winning the national championship.

This is why I believe that we will win. Remember when Josh came here as a JUCO transfer in 1999 and it was reported that he asked Stoops: "Can we win the NC?" That was his goal he did it before he left. This year we Sam and he stayed and I believe he stayed because he wants #8!! He is an Okie and he wants it as bad as anyone and this year I believe he will get it done.

END OF RANT!!! Bordom continues.........

PhiDeltBeers
7/20/2009, 09:32 AM
I believe.

jumperstop
7/20/2009, 09:42 AM
I also believed that we would go undefeated and win our 8th in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008...sometime things don't go as planned. But yeah I think we can for sure do it this year, just don't fool yourself, it's not going to be an easy run. Texas and Okstate are both going to be big games and there is also a plethora of trap games in there like Miami and Neb. I think we will do it too, but looking at things realistically is better way of judging our chances than looking at your gut.

cjames317
7/20/2009, 10:51 AM
I prepped for the season by going to the Meers Store & Restaurant and eating some longhorn beef yesterday.

bent rider
7/20/2009, 11:38 AM
I prepped for the season by going to the Meers Store & Restaurant and eating some longhorn beef yesterday.

Yum, Bevo burgers

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif for Meers Store

stoopified
7/20/2009, 11:46 AM
I also believed that we would go undefeated and win our 8th in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008...sometime things don't go as planned. Me too.

UberSooner
7/20/2009, 12:17 PM
Am I the only one who is nervous about BYU? I don't know why but i have some serious irrational dread about that game. I think its the new stadium thing and our recent bowl travails but that game is going to be a circus atmosphere and its the firt rattler out of the box. I tend to worry with time on my hands.

cheezyq
7/20/2009, 12:47 PM
I also believed that we would go undefeated and win our 8th in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008...sometime things don't go as planned. But yeah I think we can for sure do it this year, just don't fool yourself, it's not going to be an easy run. *Texas* and Okstate are both going to be big games and there is also a plethora of trap games in there like Miami and Neb. I think we will do it too, but looking at things realistically is better way of judging our chances than looking at your gut.

Nonsense. My gut has never steered me wrong before. :D

swardboy
7/20/2009, 01:00 PM
I believe.....that we should all prepare for the season by ripping some horn's nutsack off!

wisconsincowboy
7/20/2009, 01:22 PM
i just stood and began flapping my arms like wings saying i believe, i believe ....name that movie?

homerSimpsonsBrain
7/20/2009, 01:24 PM
I'm just hoping its not the 3 letter curse all over again... TCU <shudder>

homerSimpsonsBrain
7/20/2009, 01:25 PM
i just stood and began flapping my arms like wings saying i believe, i believe ....name that movie?

Angels in the Backfield?? ;)

bent rider
7/20/2009, 02:23 PM
Am I the only one who is nervous about BYU? I don't know why but i have some serious irrational dread about that game. I think its the new stadium thing and our recent bowl travails but that game is going to be a circus atmosphere and its the firt rattler out of the box. I tend to worry with time on my hands.

Nervous about OU winning?
You might instead be nervous about the OU defensive line getting charged with manslaughter in this game.

BYU lost 4 OL starters. Their offense is supposedly good, however last year's results show them a paper tiger. Going into the season arguably they had 5 "big" games, at Washington (squeaked by 28-37; Washington would wind-up winless), home against UCLA (BYU won 59-0, UCLA would wind up 3-9), at TCU (lost 32-7, 4 turnovers) at Utah (lost 48-24, 7 turnovers), Las Vegas Bowl (lost 31-21, to Arizona, 3 turnovers).

So for all the RUTS-ing in their other games they produced two wins in their 5 marquee games of the season, and nearly gave Washington their lone win of the season. By now I'm sure Bob Stoops has talked to his brother and knows how to game plan against this team.

madillsoonerfan5353
7/20/2009, 07:54 PM

I think that OUr D will carry us in the first four games. Thats why I'm not to nervous about this game, but OUr o-line will have to GEL in a hurry with likes of Texas around the corner! If the o-line doesn't GEL fast enought this could be a ****ty year! IMO The team that people are overlooking, are the Poke! IMO

SoonerKnight
7/21/2009, 09:50 AM
In 2000 before the season started I went through the schedule and truly believed that we could win it all!!!! Not just that I wanted us too I just had a feeling. It did not return not even last year. This year I think we will win it all!! Our defense in 2000 was really good. I mean I remember those games where an interception kept us from losing. That is a sign of a good team. If our D which showed it in the texas game last year follows through like they did against florida I think we will win it. I think mostly this feeling is back because our D played so well in the NC game. They are young and played really good. Now they are young but experienced. I think we have the D to win it all!!!

sooner n houston
7/21/2009, 12:01 PM
SoonerKnight, I really hope you are right. It is not much fun living down here in Houston these days. I really want to see OU stomp another mudhole in the bevo's this year! :D

Collier11
7/21/2009, 12:57 PM
Nonsense. My gut has never steered me wrong before. :D

even when you ate that one last piece of pizza that one time :confused:

SoonerDomiNation
7/21/2009, 09:10 PM
I beleive........... the horns still suck *** ............. pass the beer

CrimsonJim
7/21/2009, 09:25 PM
If we win #8 this year, SoonerKnight will be my new hero!

p.s. I like that feelin' you're feelin'....