PDA

View Full Version : Man I miss #10....

madillsoonerfan5353
7/15/2009, 09:39 PM
I miss the SWAGGER that this team had!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WLLHunussE

JLEW1818
7/15/2009, 09:50 PM
I've always wanted to ask Denzel Washington if he heard T Marsh say that...

Crucifax Autumn
7/15/2009, 11:28 PM
I want that attitude back!

stoopified
7/16/2009, 12:25 AM
J give a rat's rear about attitude or swagger.What I want is a BCS Bowl win and #8.

Crucifax Autumn
7/16/2009, 12:48 AM
J give a rat's rear about attitude or swagger.What I want is a BCS Bowl win and #8.

And it seems as if we win those things when we have a lot of swagger

sooner59
7/16/2009, 12:56 AM
I've always wanted to ask Denzel Washington if he heard T Marsh say that...

Only if he stood close. From what I have heard, nobody from that team even "looked" at Denzel. Now THAT'S focus. If we could have that this year, I would be very greatful.

jumperstop
7/16/2009, 09:12 AM
I think we can see some of that this year,

CaliBornSoonerBred
7/16/2009, 09:30 AM
I mentioned last season at the end of the year(A&M game/Tech game time) that the D started to look like they were starting to gain some of that swagger after they started to get some confidence. I think after having very solid defensive performances to build on at the end of last season and with 9 returning starters, we may have some swagger on this NASTY D. We have a few guys on this D who will knock someone's block off(QCarter, Balogun, BJack,Dom, Lewis,etc) so.

Side note, with out schedule starting out so quickly with tougher caliber opponents, we may see swagger starting to build quickly just in time to be just plain FILTHY in time for Dallas.........

OK2U
7/16/2009, 11:05 AM
As long as we don't sleep on Idaho State...potential trap game fellas.
hehe

Collier11
7/16/2009, 11:19 AM
I want to beat the dog snot out of Texas, I dont care if its cus of swagger, cus Colt comes out of the closet and him and Mack run off to tahiti, or cus we just drill them on every single play so hard that their mommas feel it, I just want to put them back in their rightful place

OKC-SLC
7/16/2009, 11:46 AM
we haven't had anything CLOSE to the attention to detail, preparedness, confidence, and desire to give one's all for the team that we did that night in Miami since that night in Miami.

JLEW1818
7/16/2009, 12:49 PM
I want to beat the dog snot out of *Texas*, I dont care if its cus of swagger, cus *Colt* comes out of the closet and him and *Mack* run off to tahiti, or cus we just drill them on every single play so hard that their mommas feel it, I just want to put them back in their rightful place

me want to see Kolt cry in macks lap

fadada1
7/16/2009, 01:52 PM
thing is that was amazing about that game - our D was insanely fired up, almost "hyper" emotional. but, they maintained composure and never got flustered - period. it's one thing to have intensity, it's another thing to maintain an emotional constant.

Collier11
7/16/2009, 02:02 PM
That is probably the biggest gripe for me about BV coached D's as opposed to Mike(im a BV defender by the way) but BVs teams play fired up but almost out of control at times, Mikes D very rarely played too emotional and out of control

When I say out of control I mean missing assignments and being out of lanes at times

CBUS_SOONER
7/16/2009, 08:35 PM
O my gosh.. I just watched that video and then lowered my should and ran ove my 3 yr old in the living room. My wife is gonna make me slaeep on the couch. That was Awesome

fadada1
7/16/2009, 08:39 PM
O my gosh.. I just watched that video and then lowered my should and ran ove my 3 yr old in the living room. My wife is gonna make me slaeep on the couch. That was Awesome

i just tackled the dog and recovered the fumble. boy is he confused.

madillsoonerfan5353
7/16/2009, 09:30 PM
I mentioned last season at the end of the year(A&M game/Tech game time) that the D started to look like they were starting to gain some of that swagger after they started to get some confidence. I think after having very solid defensive performances to build on at the end of last season and with 9 returning starters, we may have some swagger on this NASTY D. We have a few guys on this D who will knock someone's block off(QCarter, Balogun, BJack,Dom, Lewis,etc) so.

Side note, with out schedule starting out so quickly with tougher caliber opponents, we may see swagger starting to build quickly just in time to be just plain FILTHY in time for Dallas.........

Word! :D

soonerloyal
7/17/2009, 10:15 PM
Until that unity, that attitude, that focus, that attention to detail and mission, that singleness of pride, power and purpose is owned by every single Sooner in uniform...

...we'll pretty much be waiting on #8.

Yeah, I WANT IT BACK.

Curly Bill
7/17/2009, 11:54 PM
It seemingly left with Mike Stoops.

ooops, did I really say that?

JLEW1818
7/18/2009, 01:38 AM
i miss Mike Stoops.... i miss Derrick Strait too.

Crucifax Autumn
7/18/2009, 04:22 AM
I have a feeling that this year is gonna be different on defense. If not, place me squarely in Curly Bill's corner. I can excuse the transitional games as Mike was leaving, and I can put down a few seasons as being "just the players not stepping up", but with the early season performance last year and the total collapse when RR got injured...If this top rate lineup doesn't have early decade results I'm jumping ship and calling for change.

PhiDeltBeers
7/18/2009, 09:44 AM
Boy, those videos got me fired up. I can't wait for Dallas.

IronHorseSooner
7/18/2009, 10:58 AM
I have a feeling that this year is gonna be different on defense. If not, place me squarely in Curly Bill's corner. I can excuse the transitional games as Mike was leaving, and I can put down a few seasons as being "just the players not stepping up", but with the early season performance last year and the total collapse when RR got injured...If this top rate lineup doesn't have early decade results I'm jumping ship and calling for change.

^^Right here^^

The guys we have on D, and the depth, may be the best since Coach got here. Just with the DL we could field a darn good team. The LBs are fast and hard-hitting. Franks and Jackson MIGHT be the best CB tandem around (the guys at FLA are good too). The only question is safety, but from what I hear (and have seen) Carter and Proctor are headhunters. All that said, this D might just be the best when you account for speed, size, experience, NFL talent, depth, and desire. There is absolutely NO excuse for not having a D that opponents fear and loathe. :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
7/18/2009, 11:38 AM
None whatsoever. These guys should dominate the opposition all season long. If not, with this talent and experince, something is horribly wrong.

goingoneight
7/18/2009, 06:24 PM
The early Stoops years, there wasn't the week-in, wee-out good offenses, too. While there indeed has been a dropoff defensively, the best QB we faced in 2001 was--- da-da-da-da... Chrissy McSimms.

I always reserve judgement. I find it hard to knock something collectively when an anchoring player is out, or when you're playing a great team, etc.

Now... if we surrender 45 to Idaho State in Norman, I'll call for a change. It hasn't been a question of "can we do it?" under BV... it's "can we do (dominate on defense) it consistently?"

PLaw
7/19/2009, 09:25 AM
I miss the SWAGGER that this team had!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WLLHunussE

Baccus and Gibbs had it.

Shoate and Smith had it.

Hunt definitely had it and so did Cumby.

Benson and Shipp had it (well, maybe)

Boz redefined it. Jones and Migliazzo had it.

Bowden, Barnes, and Coats had it.

Peters had it.

Calmus, Lehman and Marshall had it.

Ingram and Mitchell had it.

Alexander and Lofton had it.

Do Box, Lewis, Reynolds, and Clayton have it??

If they don't, then they better darn sure find it in the next 4 weeks.

BOOMER