PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who cares...All Star game info

Collier11
7/14/2009, 09:20 PM
Heading to the 6th, it is 3-3

The AL scored two in the 1st inning, the NL had an error and the AL had to run scoring fielders choices

The NL tied it up at 2 in the 2nd on a RBI single by Yadier Molina and a throwing error by Josh Hamilton

The then took the lead on a Prince Fielder double

The AL tied it at 3 on a Joe Maurer double

Maurer is 1 for 3 with an rbi
Hamilton is 2 for 3 with an rbi

Molina is 1 for 2 with an rbi
Fielder 1 for 1 with an rbi

Pujols has made two diving plays at 1st
Michael young made a great play at 3rd on a scorched 1 hopper by Pujols

Collier11
7/14/2009, 09:26 PM
goin to the 7th inning tied at 3

Collier11
7/14/2009, 10:15 PM
Adam jones of Baltimore had a sac fly in the 8th, 4-3 AL going to the bottom of 9

JLEW1818
7/14/2009, 11:17 PM
so does the NL just suck that bad? i don't get it..... 0-12-1

Collier11
7/14/2009, 11:38 PM
I wouldnt really call the All Star game that big of a deal when determining who sucks and who doesnt, the AL just has more star power but keep in mind the NL has won 5 out of 12 WS's without homefield advantage in any of em

TUSooner
7/15/2009, 09:29 AM
This is the only allstar game I care at all about. Of course, I'm a die-hard NL fan. Maybe they could bring back Pete Rose. It seems like the last time they won he was crashing the plate. :(

I chalk this loss up to the crappy D in the 1st inning. I don't know if both runs were "unearned," but they should have been. Pujols is really a classy guy, but his error and 0-3 didn't help (tho' he did provide a couple of defensive gems later). I also think they would have won if they'd have had a few more Dodgers - like MWC's Matt Kemp !!

Collier11
7/15/2009, 09:40 AM
One of the 1st inning runs was unearned, yea Pujols tried to make a tough play to his right and when Maurer screened him he got handcuffed. I think he felt the pressure of the hometown deal.

The NL left fielders Braun and Upton played really lazy on a cpl of plays that hurt us as well, just another loss for the NL which pisses me off. The rule is retarded, it should go to best record anyway