PDA

View Full Version : T. Boone (Nose) Pickins steals concrete slabs

guzziguy
7/14/2009, 05:23 PM
http://tinyurl.com/lolel4

Homeowner wants 'ole TB arrested for theft and vandalism. :D

JLEW1818
7/14/2009, 05:25 PM
IT WAS ME [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel]

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME

RedstickSooner
7/14/2009, 05:54 PM
What a scumbag.

I guess if you're rich, you figure you don't even have to ask? I hope a judge rules he has to return it, and finds him in contempt every day he refuses.

sooner59
7/14/2009, 06:31 PM
If he would have just asked the guy who owned the house or offered him a little money and a replacement slab before-hand, the guy would probably have never spoke up. Either way, if he purchased a 17-room home even "partly" due to Pickens' name in the driveway, then that guy needs to have his head examined.....then promptly bashed with a brick. Pickens should have asked, but this guy just sounds like some d-bag looking for attention and possibly money. Screw em both.

GKeeper316
7/14/2009, 07:01 PM
i hope he shares a prison cell with bernie madoff and they both get some hot prison rape in the shower action.

goingoneight
7/14/2009, 07:13 PM
If I could get money off a billionaire for something stupid like this, sign me up.

Boomer Mooner
7/14/2009, 08:16 PM
Booger Pickens, keepin' it classy.

Alum81
7/14/2009, 10:02 PM
What's the big deal? Our current government officials are stealing us blind and not following any rule of law - Pickens is just following the leader!

:pop:

KingBarry
7/15/2009, 08:17 AM
Not a lawyer, but if McCart bought the house even "partly" due to the presence of the slab, then that slab contributed to the value of the property. Therefore, it seems to me, McCart should be entitled at the least to compensatory damages.

I suspect these damages won't be very much, but if the slab can be shown in court to make the house a historic (and thus possibly very much more valuable) property -- T Bone could be liable. But even then, it'll be chump change to T.

But it will probably be settled out of court, if all parties are smart.

I'm guessing T Bone thought, if he asked nicely, that the property-owner would try to screw him out of some bucks. And T Bone is probably right.

That, however, is the OWNER'S right, as the T man know so well himself. Not like he's managing his own properties as a charity, now is he?

One question occurs to me -- I can see how that slab would mean a lot to Mr Pickens. But wouldn't it mean a lot more if it WAS STILL ON THE GROUND WHERE HE ORIGINALLY WROTE HIS NAME?

What good is it in Texas?

bent rider
7/15/2009, 08:40 AM
I'm guessing T Bone thought, if he asked nicely, that the property-owner would try to screw him out of some bucks. And T Bone is probably right.

That, however, is the OWNER'S right, as the T man know so well himself. Not like he's managing his own properties as a charity, now is he?

One question occurs to me -- I can see how that slab would mean a lot to Mr Pickens. But wouldn't it mean a lot more if it WAS STILL ON THE GROUND WHERE HE ORIGINALLY WROTE HIS NAME?

What good is it in *Texas*?

T Boone probably saw the house was vacant, no one would notice and thought he could get away with "better to ask forgiveness than permission". Hopefully the owner will get some compensation; kind of slimy to go back and pour replacement concrete AFTER a police report is filed. Based on how he and the Cowboy posse threw people out of their homes up in Stoolwater, I guess TBP thought this was nothing.

Not sure why a guy is so attached to things of his youth that he has to replicate his boyhood home hundreds of miles away -- why not just move back? Doh!!

TheUnnamedSooner
7/15/2009, 11:15 AM
Can someone post the story? Can't get to the site here at work.

adoniijahsooner
7/15/2009, 11:19 AM
What's the big deal? Our current government officials are stealing us blind and not following any rule of law - Pickens is just following the leader!

It's ok to take the political talk to the south oval; they would love to have you.

Boomer Mooner
7/15/2009, 11:20 AM
Homeowner wants oilman Pickens charged with theft

By SEAN MURPHY
Associated Press Writer
AP Photo
AP Photo/Bob Melton
Buy AP Photo Reprints

Your Questions Answered
Ask AP: Less piracy, recovering auto bailout money

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- As a youngster, *Texas* oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens scratched his name in wet concrete in the driveway of his grandmother's Oklahoma house.

Now the man who owns the century-old home is pursuing theft and vandalism charges against the 81-year-old billionaire, saying workers for Pickens came to the house recently without permission and removed the concrete slab with the well-known name.

David McCart, who bought the two-story, 17-room home in Holdenville nearly 20 years ago - partly because of Pickens' signature - said he went to the property to mow the grass on June 22 and noticed the 3-by-5-foot slab was missing.

"It's really the arrogance of it that bothers me," McCart said Tuesday. "They just cut the whole section out."

McCart said he filed a theft and vandalism report with local police the next day and wants to pursue criminal charges against Pickens. Although the missing concrete was replaced, he said the removal left cracks and damaged his driveway.

Holdenville Police Chief Jerry Young, who would make a decision about recommending charges, didn't immediately return a call for comment.

Neighbors told McCart three men in a truck with *Texas* tags used cement saws and pry bars to remove the slab last month and loaded it into the truck bed. The house currently is vacant, but McCart said he planned to rent it out.

Pickens previously purchased his boyhood home in Holdenville, which was adjacent to McCart's property, and moved it to his *Texas* ranch.

Jay Rosser, a spokesman for Pickens, said the section of concrete was removed when Pickens was in town recently to inspect enhancements to a family plot at a local cemetery. Holdenville, a town of 4,700 people, is 75 miles southeast of Oklahoma City.

"He carved his name in that cement 70 years ago, in his grandmother's driveway," the statement said. "It means a lot to him, and is now with his childhood home which has been carefully restored and relocated to his ranch in the *Texas* Panhandle to help commemorate his Oklahoma roots."

Rosser declined to answer further questions about the incident and did not say who actually removed the slab.

McCart said he suspects the property belongs to the city since the section of driveway is located between the sidewalk and the street.

"I understand the city has the right to do it if they need to repair pipes or something like that," McCart said. "But it was not a city crew that was in there doing it."

Rosser did not say whether anyone received permission from the city to remove the slab.

Ken Chestnut, an attorney for the city, said he's not sure if anyone sought permission to remove the slab. But it's "a private matter between the parties" and the city does not need to get involved, Chestnut said.

Rosser said Pickens is open to commemorating his history in Holdenville through some sort of historical marker or other initiative. "We are clearly open to any thoughts the McCarts might have regarding how to best commemorate his association there for their purposes," he said.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
7/15/2009, 11:36 AM
That is such an Aggie thing to do.

bent rider
7/15/2009, 12:53 PM
Rosser said Pickens is open to commemorating his history in Holdenville through some sort of historical marker or other initiative. "We are clearly open to any thoughts the McCarts might have regarding how to best commemorate his association there for their purposes," he said.

They could "commemorate his association" by putting T-Boone's photo up in the Holdenville Post Office on the "Most Wanted" bulletin board.

OUHOMER
7/15/2009, 07:43 PM
I would want T arrested. if I owned the property and he would have asked, I would have gave it to him , but to just show up and take it is BS.

I dont care how you slice it, i would demand it back ASAP.

Than i would take a sledge hammer to it, i would send it back to T with a link to youtube showing me smash it into a thoundsand pieces.

But that is just me

Crucifax Autumn
7/15/2009, 08:17 PM
Doesn't he have an energy crisis to solve or something?

bent rider
7/15/2009, 10:26 PM
I

Than i would take a sledge hammer to it, i would send it back to T with a link to youtube showing me smash it into a thoundsand pieces.

But that is just me

NO WIND POWER FOR YOU!!!

hgarmorer
7/16/2009, 07:37 AM
inspect enhancements to a family plot at a local cemetery
======================
Damn that guy will upgrade anything. One day a cemetery, next a big ol turd...wait he's already done that

badger
7/16/2009, 10:49 AM
Since the thread I started on South Oval seems finished, guess who just posted on OP.com... it appears to be the real owner of the sig:

Well this is all interesting reading but let me state some facts. The house was purchased 19 years ago for its historical significance to the town for Holdenville (yes, T Boone was an important man back then to). It was in very bad need of repair and over the next 12 years my wife and I lived in and repaired the home from the foundation to the roof. We tried to get the house registered by the Oklahoma Historical Society but was refused because at that time Boone had no significance to Oklahoma. The signatures on the property in my opinion helped document the history of the home. The city was very excited at that time because anyone was taking an interest in the town’s history and was most helpful in supplying pictures and stories to aid in the process. T Boone has not taking any interest in either home until now. And when he did he moved it to Texas to “commemorate his Oklahoma roots”. After living in the house until 2000 I purchased another historical home once owned by Princess Evening Star that I spend two years of my spare time restoring before moving my family into it. I tried letting renters and family members live in the house but they either had no respect for our twelve years of work or could not afford to run the large house. In other words they were causing more damage than the rent was offsetting. I have since bought four other homes that are in various stages of restoration. When Boone bought the house next door (not his wife as reported in the paper, this came from Mike Turner, the Real Estate agent that sold it to him), it was purchased with the intent to move it to Texas. We were ask if they could drag the house across our driveway, fearing this would crack the portion of the cement that we wanted to protect we refused regress, so this meant they had to pull the house out 10 feet further before making the turn. Also they destroyed the sidewalk and drive in front of their house which also had a signature of T Boone and Bobby Reed from the same time frame. But this was not my property and not my place to say anything. Sorry for the history lesson, now for the facts on the current matter. This section of concrete has never been offered for sale to T Boone or anyone else. It was where it belonged, in Oklahoma. I have never place a value on it for that reason. My wife, myself or the City of Holdenville (according to Ken Chesnutt, city attorney) were ask for permission to remove it. I had talked with Jay Rosser only a couple of months before the signature was removed about buying the lot that their house was sitting on but Boone wanted to keep it “because it was his only link to Holdenville left”. At that time they made no mention of the signature in the driveway. I have filed no lawsuit or ask for any settlement involving monetary value. When asked by Chief Jerry Young “what’s it going to take to settle this matter”. I have made only the following requests. 1). That the property that was stolen be returned, 2). The driveway be put back in it’s original condition which was a solid pour, not a patched up job that’s there now and 3) That the police do their job and file the charges I have requested like they would do to anyone else that done this when there is a written admission of guilt. The city does not want to take issue with Boone because he has been their cash cow in the past. They have originally taken the position that it is on city property but as of tonight have revised their position to “under investigation” (because of media attention?). I also do have a lawyer researching the matter taking the position of “regardless of the property rights it’s the homeowner that has bared the expense of installing and maintaining this section of drive and is the property of the homeowner”. Also since I have owned it for almost 20 years any changes to city code should only apply 20 years back and before because of the grandfather clause. But at this time the city has not provided documentation as to any of their rights to the property. This has been discussed with attorneys and judges outside of the city that feel that this would be a strong case in court. I have never had ill feeling towards Boone and had no ideal this issue was going to blow up into a nationwide scandal. I think we all have more pressing issues to attend to. I’ve been on the phone so much in the past three days I have now referred them to my attorney to get a break. So all you OSU guys don’t take it so personal, I myself am OSU alumni and take no issue with them accepting money to improve their school. It has to do with no one is above the law, and if I prove my case I will be pushing this in a federal court under Art and cultural property crime statue, just like I would do with anyone else that stole my property and left the state with it. There are other issues that will come out soon that I can’t disclose because of legal ramifications. Some of you have some very good points that I will take under advisement with my attorney, but don’t expect a consultation fee because I probably won’t get anything out of this but a good story to tell my grandkids because we all know it’s hard to fight his kind of money even if you’re right.

bent rider
7/16/2009, 02:01 PM

TheHumanAlphabet
7/16/2009, 03:40 PM
Two aggies fighting each other - greatness. I can see the signs for the aggot game now...

badger
7/22/2009, 01:09 PM
The latest on sidewalkgate is here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090722_11_0_HOLDEN148101)

Spoiler: T. Boner admits guilt

A-M
7/22/2009, 01:12 PM
The latest on sidewalkgate is here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090722_11_0_HOLDEN148101)

Spoiler: T. Boner admits guilt

And he's not going to give it back!

MamaMia
7/22/2009, 01:48 PM
He skulked away with it. Boone is a skulker. http://www.slickdawg.com/images/smilies/yawn.gif

Boomer Mooner
7/22/2009, 02:20 PM
"Pickens offers to sign a fresh piece of concrete somewhere in Holdenville or just forget the whole thing."

And I'm guessing option B. What a major league Doosh.

MR2-Sooner86
7/22/2009, 02:53 PM

MamaMia
7/22/2009, 03:09 PM
If I was the guy he stole it from I would pour up some new concrete and write BOONE PICKENS IS A SLUNKER in it. :P

tomtom
7/22/2009, 05:33 PM
NO WIND POWER FOR YOU!!!

Are you saying he is The Wind Power Nazi?
Thats funny.

SoonerShark
7/24/2009, 09:57 PM
O.J. Simpson and T. Boone Pickens, aka TBone, have been perpetrating crimes together for years. The gloves actually fit TBone. In the truth is stranger than fiction category, in an incident that is still under investigation, O.J. and TBone put burning bags of dog poop on peoples' front porches, rang door bells, then tottered off together to watch from behind bushes across the street. The Dubious Duo also are reportedly behind a dog molestation ring.

Crucifax Autumn
7/24/2009, 11:46 PM
I heard they were behind the "trashcan full of water leaning against the front door" gag.