PDA

View Full Version : Boone Pickens declares eminent domain on his sig

badger
7/14/2009, 08:40 AM
Link here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090714_12_A13_HOLDEN812353&archive=yes)

If you don't feel like reading the entire story, in a nutshell, a young, not-as-rich T. Boner once wrote his name in the concrete driveway his grandma used to live at in Holdenville... then recently, some trucks came by, took the sig, then repaved the driveway.

The folks at OP (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?p=847460#post847460)are having a fun discussion on it... but this situation is kind of sad. I mean, he's already taken his childhood home from Holdenville. Couldn't he leave his sig behind so that people there could still have some connection to the billionaire oil tycoon and overlord of Poke State?

OUDoc
7/14/2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah, like we didn't already know TBP was a doosh. That was seriously uncool and hopefully will count as criminal.

Do those pokies not realize you can't just take **** because you have money?

OUDoc
7/14/2009, 09:09 AM
I guess they new owner should be glad he didn't rip up the trees or the grass he planted 70 years ago.

JohnnyMack
7/14/2009, 09:25 AM
"We're taking it with us when we leave!"

badger
7/14/2009, 09:32 AM
I love how as soon as I link it, the board turns sane... it's like they know we're watching them :D

I think it's funny they have a donor the fanbase all thinks the best of ("Surely T Boonie offered to pay the owner first!" etc etc) while I cannot think of anyone in OU's donor base that we have the same thoughts toward... must be because OSU's stadium was never named after fallen servicemen and women originally :rolleyes:

soonerhubs
7/14/2009, 09:39 AM
I'm not impressed with the greedy SOB's repeated statements that oil prices will sky rocket this year, as he tries to manipulate the market for his own gain.

He's a poser who tries to appear altruistic, and we all know it's a farce.

adoniijahsooner
7/14/2009, 09:44 AM
The guy is a billionaire so he thinks he can do whatever he wants, when he wants. What's funny is that it appears they waited until he drove away, the same tactics that a cat burglar would use.

XingTheRubicon
7/14/2009, 09:45 AM
"We're taking it with us when we leave!"

Can I have my weedwacker back, Frank? You borrowed it a couple of years ago and as you can see we're moving and... I'd like to get it back now.

long pause....

no

Mixer!
7/14/2009, 10:09 AM
I love how as soon as I link it, the board turns sane... it's like they know we're watching them :D
Board mods from a "rival" site tend to find out about linking pretty quick.

GottaHavePride
7/14/2009, 11:23 AM
Well, if they're paranoid enough to constantly watch the incoming traffic data to see how many people are being bounced to OP from here, then yeah.

I don't know what software they run, but over here that's admin-level stuff. Beano and Norm could get to it, but I don't think either of them care if we get linked on OP. ;)

Dio
7/14/2009, 11:45 AM
I don't know what part of OP.com gives me a headache more- the nasty color down the sides or the "logic" in between.

Mixer!
7/14/2009, 12:16 PM
I believe they use the vbulletin software also, GHP.

And yeah, the thought of crimson makes them paranoid. ;)

oumartin
7/14/2009, 02:53 PM
Purdy and smart

http://minnesotaindependent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/carlson-still.jpg

NYC Poke
7/14/2009, 02:56 PM
Hide the stadium!

OUMallen
7/14/2009, 03:14 PM
Hide the stadium!

Well-played. :texan:

kbsooner21
7/14/2009, 03:55 PM
The guy is a billionaire so he thinks he can do whatever he wants, when he wants. What's funny is that it appears they waited until he drove away, the same tactics that a cat burglar would use.

Since when do billionaire's not do what they want? :confused:

badger
7/14/2009, 04:22 PM
Hide the stadium!

lol

Oh, and I just checked out OP... nine pages of them tearing each other apart now. I really thought you guys would wait to cannibalize yourselves until after you lose to Georgia... but hey, the football team's probably practicing now, so no reason the fans can't too :D