PDA

View Full Version : Blake is already tearing it up

Eielson
7/13/2009, 11:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4325581

sooner59
7/14/2009, 12:09 AM
Let me be the first to say that I am NOT surprised. The dude is a man among boys in the summer league. I'm sure this will be his last summer league anyway. I can't wait until the Blake vs. Taylor game on July 19! How much you wanna bet mom and dad will be there?

Boomer.....
7/14/2009, 07:20 AM
Still needs more work on his free throws.

badger
7/14/2009, 07:31 AM
Everytime I see an athlete in a Subway commercial, I have to wonder - is Blake going to be doing something like that?

Is he going to be doing some poetry about a sandwich like that MLB slugger from the Phillies? Is he going to be doing little athlete poses like Michael Phelps? Is he just going to smile a lot like Michael Strahan?

Has anyone heard anything on this yet?

btw...is blake not wearing his No. 23 anymore, or is it just a summer league thing?

sooner_born_1960
7/14/2009, 07:45 AM
Clippers already have a 23.

badger
7/14/2009, 07:51 AM
Clippers already have a 23.

Yeah, but you know... sometimes rookies request certain numbers and give up something to the vet to get said number.

sooner_born_1960
7/14/2009, 07:54 AM
Maybe Blake realizes how silly that is.

badger
7/14/2009, 07:56 AM
Maybe Blake realizes how silly that is.

Well hey, it's not like he hasn't asked a veteran player for his number before :)

(perhaps it was just a way to get to speak to Wayman? can't say i wouldn't have done the same thing, heh)

Boomer.....
7/14/2009, 08:02 AM
Blake is going to be 32.

Boomer.....
7/14/2009, 08:03 AM
http://www.binarybasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/blake-griffin-clippers-jersey.jpg

the_ouskull
7/14/2009, 11:33 PM
Blake killed, and it was great to see, but guys, please don't get too excited about these Summer League games. Most teams don't play their rotation players unless they're first or second-year players. Most of these guys are back to bagging groceries in a few months, and they know it. Blake was being guarded by the likes of Ben McCauley, Adam Morrison (yeah, that one), David Monds, and Texas A&M's own Chinemelu Elonu.

Blake was SUPPOSED to dominate, and that's why I like to see it. He was being aggressive, running out after getting the defensive board; and I think that in the pros, because of his athleticism and his passing ability (still under-rated) his getting out on the break like that will be a good thing for his team.

What won't be a good thing for his team is Allen Iverson. But, I have to admit, if they had re-signed Ricky Davis (or have they?) and not traded Randolph, and then on top of that, they signed Iverson, then THAT would be the greatest reality show of all time.

Blake Griffin stars in, "Is it too late for me to play for Coach Stoops?"

Anyway, yeah, he looked really good, but I still worry that Dunleavy will 1) acquiesce to Sterling and sign Iverson, and 2) find a way to screw up Blake (not a lot, but noticeably) with his inferior coaching. He's already told Blake to put up a shot when he's open, no matter what. That's great in the Summer League, but in the real League, it's going to kill the flow of an offense that already ranked dead last in efficiency last season. Then again, maybe that's why they were last. Dunleavy's "shoot-it-when-you're-open" policy instead of a "run-an-offense" policy, or a "do-whatever-Baron-wants" policy, even. At least he likes to run...

the_ouskull

kevpks
7/15/2009, 12:11 AM
If AI goes to the Clippers he will be on TMZ within 18 hours of signing the contract complaining about playing time and/or practice.

the_ouskull
7/15/2009, 02:24 AM
But, and this can't be overstated, the media in L.A. is a heck of a lot more "forgiving" than the media back East. (Philly, Detroit) I think that he might actually get away with more crap in L.A. just because it's L.A. I'm really worried about this deal happening. Seriously...