PDA

View Full Version : CFN BYU Defense Preview for 09

PLaw
7/13/2009, 09:43 PM
From CFN / BYU 2009 Preview by Peter Fiutak:
What to watch for on defense: The corner situation. There wasn't much help from a shockingly disappointing pass rush, but the corners weren't nearly as good as they needed to be. This year, the departure of Brandon Howard, who left the team for personal reasons, leaves a gaping hole that needs to be filled by either Garrett Nicholson or Steven Thomas. They each have the potential to be good, and starter Brandon Bradley will be fine, but for a team that struggled so much with efficient passers, the spotlight will be on the secondary.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````
Yep, Sam is Money and Money can start licking his chops if the OL will give him enough time to get the ball out.

Boomer

MojoRisen
7/13/2009, 09:57 PM
I like how we match up iwth the cougars- and on National TV to start the season!

I wonder which one of there teams will show up, the team that almost lost to Washington last year or the team that beat UCLA 70 to zip.

bent rider
7/13/2009, 11:43 PM
I like how we match up iwth the cougars- and on National TV to start the season!

I wonder which one of there teams will show up, the team that almost lost to Washington last year or the team that beat UCLA 70 to zip.

Here's a hint: Washington was on the road, they played UCLA at home (59-0, might as well have been 70) and UCLA (4-8) didn't fare a whole lot better than Washington last year.

FWIW, the CFN writer Peter Fiutak is a graduate of BYU-Hawaii, so when he says the defense will be fine, he means he hopes the defense will be fine.

BoulderSooner79
7/14/2009, 06:14 PM
I hope BYU has problems with their pass rush. It would be great for our OL to get a boost of confidence out of the gate. I'm not worried about them getting over confident given who they have to face in practice every day. In fact, I'm more afraid they'll get discouraged from practice :)