PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Simpson Dumped by Tony Romo

JLEW1818
7/13/2009, 06:23 PM
Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo have called it quits, Usmagazine.com has confirmed.

A source close to Simpson confirms they broke up the night before her 29th birthday July 10. She was supposed to celebrate with a Ken and Barbie-themed party. (On Simpson's birthday, Romo spent the night at Los Angeles hot spot My House.)

"She canceled her party because of this," the source tells Us. "She's doing OK."

"Barbie party didn't happen, but I turned 29 and feel like I am on top of the world yelling I LOVE GETTING OLDER!" she wrote on her Twitter page Saturday.

Later, she wrote: "Everyone needs to know that hope floats...grab the strings and pull it back to you... Falling asleep with my mom and the dogs. Please, Lord, give all of my beautiful fans, friends, enemies, and family rest. Bring all of us peace."

A close friend of Romo's tells Us of the split: "It's been a long time coming."

Still, another source tells Us the volatile couple could always get back together. "They go from one fight right into another, without a second break," the source tells Us. "It's always something with Jessica."

Simpson's rep had no comment.

Simpson - who turned 29 July 10 - began dating Romo, 29, in November 2007 -- around the two-year anniversary of her split with Nick Lachey (who, incidentally, recently split with his girlfriend Vanessa Minnillo).

Look back at Jessica Simpson's most unforgettable moments

Simpson said she was watching a Cowboys game with her family when a segment on the quarterback aired, during which he said Simpson was his celebrity dream crush.

"My family was like, 'Did you just hear that?'" Simpson told the June 2008 issue of Glamour. "His picture came up, and I'm like, 'He's really cute.' Then I heard [that I was his crush], and I'm like, 'Oh my gosh!'"

See photos of more celebs who have landed their crushes

They later met after a pal introduced Romo to her dad, Joe. Simpson said she and Romo then began flirting "over e-mail and on the phone."

On their first date, Simpson told Glamour, "I had butterflies that you would not imagine. I wanted to puke in the cup holder ... It took me forever to put together an outfit!"

See Jessica Simpson's style hits -- and misses!

He tried to kiss her on their first date. "I was taken aback....

"The fact that this guy, on our first date, in the first 10 minutes of dinner, wanted to lean over the table and say, 'This is my girl, and I want to kiss her' -- our first kiss in front of everybody -- was awesome," she recalled to Glamour.

During their relationship, Simpson credited Romo with helping her change as a person.

"He reintroduced me to myself," Simpson told Glamour. "I thought that I had to be deeper, more profound and more artsy. You change with the guys you date."

See every single Us Weekly cover Jessica Simpson has appeared on

"Tony taught me that because he loves me [as me]. He made me feel comfortable [being myself] again," she said.

(She even dedicated the tune "You're My Sunday" to the football star while recently touring.)

See Jessica Simpson and other stars who've engaged in major PDA!

Despite professing her love for Romo, their relationship underwent its share of scrutiny.

Last year Simpson was nicknamed "Yoko Romo" by Cowboys fans who thought she was bad luck to Romo's football performance. Appearing on the Late Show With David Letterman, she even joked that she'll never again wear her pink No.9 jersey to games.

Look back at Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey's cheesiest moments

Simpson - who the subject of much debate after she showed off a fuller figure earlier this year - told this June's Vanity Fair that they didn't let the criticism get to them.

Look back at the many loves of Jessica and Ashlee Simpson

"We don't let it affect our relationship," she said. "If we did, we wouldn't be together, because it happened at the very beginning. Dating the Cowboys quarterback comes with hype, the fans, the bloggers, but I've never dated a guy that was more simple. I'm always there for him after a game, and he knows he has me to come home to."

More news from Usmagazine.com

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jessica-simpson-dumped-by-tony-romo/25140?nc

yermom
7/13/2009, 06:30 PM
hello Super Bowl :D

KC//CRIMSON
7/13/2009, 06:35 PM
hello Playboy!

CK Sooner
7/13/2009, 06:37 PM
:(

JohnnyMack
7/13/2009, 06:48 PM
The terrorists hate you.

StoopTroup
7/13/2009, 07:18 PM
Terrific read....thanks.

SoonerStormchaser
7/13/2009, 07:48 PM
Wow...Tony finally woke up and got some freaking brains!

GottaHavePride
7/13/2009, 07:49 PM
Last year Simpson was nicknamed "Yoko Romo" by Cowboys fans who thought she was bad luck to Romo's football performance. Appearing on the Late Show With David Letterman, she even joked that she'll never again wear her pink No.9 jersey to games.

Well, that's his own damn fault. He should have said "pink is not one of the Cowboys' colors. Here's a nice blue and silver #9 jersey for you to wear."

My Opinion Matters
7/13/2009, 07:51 PM
Yoko Romo is an all-time great nickname. I'll miss that.

JLEW1818
7/13/2009, 08:04 PM
she must have been getting to fat for him......:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tidalmouse
7/13/2009, 08:17 PM
She needs to get back on that "Chicken from the Sea" Diet and lose that junk in her trunk. :pop:

stoopified
7/13/2009, 09:33 PM
Wow...Tony finally woke up and got some freaking brains!The REAL TRUTH is Tony got tired of hearing Jessica call out STOOPIFIED,I LOVE YOU, in the heat of passion.Apparently Tony don't like to share.

Petro-Sooner
7/13/2009, 09:40 PM
I'm happy to see a thread without politics.

Good for him!

SbOrOiNaEnR
7/13/2009, 09:41 PM
Just because he dumped the brainless future trophy wife doesn't mean he can now magically win a playoff game.

yermom
7/13/2009, 09:45 PM
we'll see how he does without the albatross

Pricetag
7/13/2009, 09:50 PM
she must have been getting to fat for him......:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
And old. No need for a guy of his fame to be dating a 29 year old.

the_ouskull
7/13/2009, 09:50 PM
Okay, after I saw this thread title, I knew what I had to do. I went an found an online IQ test and took it. I performed admirably, even by my own lofty standards.

See, the experiment was to go thusly: After taking the test, I was going to come and read the contents of this thread, and then go back and re-take the test to see if reading, H*ll even opening, this thread made me dumber.

Results pending.. I'll be back in a bit.

the_ouskull

SoonerStormchaser
7/13/2009, 10:23 PM
So does this mean that he's gonna get back with Carrie Underwood? Cuz she's hawt...and you know where I usually go from this point...

the_ouskull
7/13/2009, 10:25 PM
I'd have been back sooner, but I forgot what I was doing. The thread worked! God bless you, Pop Culture!

the_ouskull

stoopified
7/13/2009, 10:35 PM
Who cares if Jessica has a brain in that beautiful body?She doesn't get paid for her IQ,but instead her HOTNESS Quotient.Personally I like sluts.

JohnnyMack
7/13/2009, 10:40 PM
So does this mean that he's gonna get back with Carrie Underwood? Cuz she's hawt...and you know where I usually go from this point...

To Luby's for the LuAnn platter?

JohnnyMack
7/13/2009, 10:42 PM
we'll see how he does without the albatross

Naw he left for Buffalo a while ago.

But seriously without JS or TO to offer up as excuses, what will the Cowboy Nation do when Romo plays like Romo in a road playoff game?

King Crimson
7/13/2009, 10:49 PM
i'd split to Vegas, too, if my 29 year old gf was having a "ken and barbie themed" b-day party.

yikes.

yermom
7/13/2009, 11:05 PM
Naw he left for Buffalo a while ago.

But seriously without JS or TO to offer up as excuses, what will the Cowboy Nation do when Romo plays like Romo in a road playoff game?

hope they lose all their games so they can draft Sammy?

SoonerStormchaser
7/14/2009, 12:28 AM
To Luby's for the LuAnn platter?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

tommieharris91
7/14/2009, 01:07 AM
Who cares if Jessica has a brain in that beautiful body?She doesn't get paid for her IQ,but instead her HOTNESS Quotient.Personally I like sluts.

She's not very good at her job anymore.

badger
7/14/2009, 07:49 AM
Tony Romo... heh. Perhaps he needs to remember his roots... his non-Division One roots. His modest, not-even-drafted roots, not-expected-to-start roots... or hey, he can just to whatever the hell he feels like, like trying to kiss Jessica Simpson on the first date and date as many celebrities as possible while he's still the Dallas Cowboys starter.

AggieTool
7/14/2009, 07:56 AM
Meh....

I'd take sloppy seconds...:D

tidalmouse
7/14/2009, 08:09 AM
How do ya have a "Ken and Barbie" Party?Get rid of your Genetalia?

Mixer!
7/14/2009, 08:38 AM
http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/photos/Jessica-Simpson-fat.jpg

like critical_phil on 1TC's drum kit.

picasso
7/14/2009, 08:53 AM
Wow...Tony finally woke up and got some freaking brains!

That would take a miracle.

JohnnyMack
7/14/2009, 09:06 AM
That would take a miracle.

Not really a miracle. This guy could do it:

http://www.tvworthwatching.com/werts/Young%20Frankenstein.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
7/14/2009, 11:12 AM
http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/photos/Jessica-Simpson-fat.jpg

Nothing says HOTNESS Quotient like a pair of mom pants.

tidalmouse
7/14/2009, 12:04 PM
Is that Anna Nicole?:confused:

King Crimson
7/14/2009, 12:14 PM
Nothing says HOTNESS Quotient like a pair of mom pants.

it's the double leopard skin belts working overtime that do it for me. what did she just win the Mid-South Championship?

oumartin
7/14/2009, 12:28 PM
She has gone from very attractive to Blah!

Carrie Underwood > Jessica Simpson + Taylor Swift + Sara Evans.

Personally I like Lady GaGa cuz she seems really trashy!

picasso
7/14/2009, 12:43 PM
She has gone from very attractive to Blah!

Carrie Underwood > Jessica Simpson + Taylor Swift + Sara Evans.

Personally I like Lady GaGa cuz she seems really trashy!

I'll take real curves and extra cushion any day over the skinny never ate a hamburger fake tit look Alex.

oumartin
7/14/2009, 12:49 PM
Nothing wrong with Curves. I will admit that. However,

Taylor Swift could gut a pumpkin through a picket fence,
Jessica Simpson is just dumb it appears
I have nothing really against Sara Evans I guess.

Curly Bill
7/14/2009, 12:55 PM
Sara Evans when she's in fighting shape is delectable! :hot:

* by fighting shape, I mean she has a tendency to be packing an extra pound or two, but when she's not...WOW!

JLEW1818
7/14/2009, 01:01 PM
I'd still hit it.

yermom
7/14/2009, 01:06 PM
...in the mouf

the_ouskull
7/14/2009, 11:09 PM
The ultimate reality show, it's everything that reality television is/has become:

Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton, and Lindsey Lohan all marry one another, and adopt two children; a boy and a girl, of not quite teenage-age. And the show is about those three trainwrecks trying to tell strangers less than half their age and twice their intelligence how to live their lives...

"We're Parents Now."

Shoot me. Now.

the_ouskull

Jacie
7/15/2009, 08:28 PM
Rumor has it Tony found text messages from ex-beau John Mayer on her phone . . .

yermom
7/16/2009, 08:20 AM
maybe they'll send him a game ball after the season

picasso
7/16/2009, 08:40 AM
Rumor has it Tony found text messages from ex-beau John Mayer on her phone . . .

that's reason enough not be with her. Mayer is a talented lad but he looks like a poster boy for the free clinic.

tidalmouse
7/16/2009, 11:57 AM
Any Musician that's drug his "Junk" around the Country 2 or 3 times,I'm just sayin'..... :hot: