PDA

View Full Version : Switzer Center

SteelClip49
7/13/2009, 02:43 PM
I will be heading there this Friday on my day off to see the trophies and such. It will be my first time there in over a year then it's off to the athletic cafeteria to see some friends and eat breakfast.

I used to go to the Switzer Center every Thursday and Friday when living in the athletic dorms because it was a place of worship and inspiration. So i will get to drool and be all happy and motivated for the season to begin after my little visit again.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

goingoneight
7/13/2009, 02:53 PM
Is the SC EVAR open?

RedstickSooner
7/14/2009, 12:06 PM
I thought the Switzer Center was closed due to them doing construction in the area?

SteelClip49
7/14/2009, 12:16 PM
it's been a while since I have been down there but they are usually open on Thursdays and Fridays.

GottaHavePride
7/14/2009, 04:09 PM
I thought the Switzer Center was closed due to them doing construction in the area?
This.

EDIT: I went back and checked the update OU sent out back on July 29th - it said power was supposed to be out to the Switzer Center for two weeks due to construction.

So, the power should be back on, but I don't know if the construction is done.

EDIT 2: from their site:

Construction Update
Due to construction in the south end zone, the Switzer Center and Legends Lobby are closed until further notice.
http://www.soonersports.com/facilities/switzer-center.html

oumartin
7/14/2009, 04:18 PM
:giggle:

Sooner04
7/14/2009, 04:36 PM
glad you could stop by, martin.

RedstickSooner
7/14/2009, 05:00 PM
This.

EDIT: I went back and checked the update OU sent out back on July 29th - it said power was supposed to be out to the Switzer Center for two weeks due to construction.

So, the power should be back on, but I don't know if the construction is done.

EDIT 2: from their site:

Construction Update
Due to construction in the south end zone, the Switzer Center and Legends Lobby are closed until further notice.
http://www.soonersports.com/facilities/switzer-center.html

Okay, glad I wasn't losing my mind. In planning my giant early-summer road trip, I'd wanted to stop at the Switzer center, but had seen that when I went to see what hours the center was open.

When everyone else sounded like they thought it was operating as normal, I started thinking maybe I was crazy, and had made it all up in my head. In which case I was gonna be kinda upset with lunatic me for depriving me of the visit :D