PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 2010 out tuesday!

spatton713
7/12/2009, 02:30 PM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Anyone whos gonna buy this please find a diff cover lol why is there NEVER and ou player on it? Peterson, Bradford in recent years and we still cant grace the cover?http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q151/spatton713/BOOMERSOONER2010copy.jpg

spatton713
7/12/2009, 02:44 PM
ou u could just go with this one http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q151/spatton713/CHOMPcopy.jpg

Frozen Sooner
7/12/2009, 02:51 PM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Anyone whos gonna buy this please find a diff cover lol why is there NEVER and ou player on it? Peterson, Bradford in recent years and we still cant grace the cover?http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q151/spatton713/BOOMERSOONER2010copy.jpg

There's never an OU player on there because they usually go with the Heisman winner, and both of OU's Heisman winners have opted to stay in school-which means that their likeness can't be used to promote a commercial product.

John Kochtoston
7/12/2009, 02:51 PM

Bradford can't be on the cover, per NCAA rules. Peterson lost out to the Boise State QB, in an indescribable injustice.

RedstickSooner
7/12/2009, 03:35 PM
Gotta love EA's annual Roster Update day :)

JLEW1818
7/12/2009, 03:49 PM
good photo shop!! me like

Collier11
7/12/2009, 04:25 PM
Im only buying it if I decide to get a PS3, otherwise ill just keep last yrs for my PS2. They dont really do any good updates for PS2 these days so no point buying a new one

badger
7/12/2009, 04:47 PM
Here you go... an OU cover for your game:
http://elmundotech.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/ncaabb10x360pftfront_temp_highres.jpg

of course, you'll have to pretend that it says "football," not "basketball" and all...

OUTrumpet
7/12/2009, 04:57 PM
I've found a good one of Bradford back to pass, I'll post it here later tonight.

JLEW1818
7/12/2009, 05:11 PM
Im only buying it if I decide to get a PS3, otherwise ill just keep last yrs for my PS2. They dont really do any good updates for PS2 these days so no point buying a new one

get a ps3!!!!!

OUTrumpet
7/12/2009, 05:31 PM
http://images49.fotki.com/v1500/photos/0/1455280/7296542/SBradford360-vi.png (http://public.fotki.com/BigDmoCovers/ncaa-football-10/big-12/oklahoma-sooners/sbradford360.html)[/url]

NOTE: I did NOT make this. Just the one I found that I will be using :p

Widescreen
7/12/2009, 07:39 PM
I wish EA hadn't decided to NOT make a Wii version this year. When last years didn't sell well, I was afraid that they would interpret that as Wii owners not wanting NCAA Football when the reality was they released a steaming pile of dung and slapped an NCAA label on it. It was obvious they took about 6 months to create a game that should've taken them over a year to make, descoped the thing and then released it anyway. Turds.

OU-HSV
7/12/2009, 08:11 PM

I finally broke down and bought a PS3 a couple weeks ago. I bought the new Tiger Woods to help me get through the last couple of weeks....I've got a copy of the new NCAA game on reserve at game stop in Broken Arrow. Looking forward to picking that up on my way home from work Tuesday night

sooner59
7/12/2009, 09:08 PM
If anyone wants an OU cover, they usually have them with the game in Norman GameStops. I got the NCAA 08 with Peterson replacing some guy wearing a blue jersey that is probably a plumber or potato farmer in Idaho today.

Collier11
7/12/2009, 09:41 PM
I may get one, have to see cus I have a bunch of extracurricular stuff coming up that I have to pay for so Im not sure if I can justify it just yet

OUTrumpet
7/12/2009, 11:56 PM
I wish EA hadn't decided to NOT make a Wii version this year. When last years didn't sell well, I was afraid that they would interpret that as Wii owners not wanting NCAA Football when the reality was they released a steaming pile of dung and slapped an NCAA label on it. It was obvious they took about 6 months to create a game that should've taken them over a year to make, descoped the thing and then released it anyway. Turds.

I read a review about that and it wasn't even made by EA. They paid someone else to do it and just slapped the EA label on it.

ouleaf
7/13/2009, 10:46 AM
I might have to take off work on Wednesday. So pumped.

Collier11
7/13/2009, 10:51 AM
Im not pumped like I used to be when I would go stand in line have the rosters downloaded within a week then stay up for two weeks straight playing it, I am 28 nw though and cant play video games quite as much.

I still play but it is true, the older you get the less time you have for stuff like video games, sometimes you have to choose between that and other forms of personal entertainment ;)

badger
7/13/2009, 11:04 AM
I read a review about that and it wasn't even made by EA. They paid someone else to do it and just slapped the EA label on it.

the game you're referring to:
http://media.ign.com/games/image/object/142/14235441/NCAA09wii_esrb_051208jpgboxart_160w.jpg
waggle, waggle! :D

Widescreen
7/13/2009, 11:33 AM
Yeah, that's it. I rented it because I had read some reviews indicating how bad it was. They were right. The problem is, they can make a good football game. I ended up buying Madden 09 for the wii and it is very good.

badger
7/13/2009, 11:53 AM
Yeah, that's it. I rented it because I had read some reviews indicating how bad it was. They were right. The problem is, they can make a good football game. I ended up buying Madden 09 for the wii and it is very good.

Just goes to show that some bad games are good and some bad games are bad... but I don't need to tell you that, based on your avatar :D

silverwheels
7/13/2009, 03:14 PM
Meh, I haven't been excited for NCAA in years.

OU-HSV
7/13/2009, 06:45 PM
Im not pumped like I used to be when I would go stand in line have the rosters downloaded within a week then stay up for two weeks straight playing it, I am 28 nw though and cant play video games quite as much.

I still play but it is true, the older you get the less time you have for stuff like video games, sometimes you have to choose between that and other forms of personal entertainment ;)

I feel your pain. I'm 28 with one kid and another on the way. Finding time to play video games gets harder every year.
But like I said, I finally gave in and bought a PS3...I'll be playing the NCAA game as much as my family and our schedule allow me to do so. Then I'll probably save OUr players to a draft class and bring them into my Madden dynasty.(assuming I buy the new madden game)

Plus you can watch blue rays on it, which I guess is the way to watch movies anymore. Except I don't have a HD TV yet, so I'm not thinking I'll notice the difference between DVDs and Blue Rays until I get a new tv.

madillsoonerfan5353
7/13/2009, 06:58 PM
I finally broke down and bought a PS3 a couple weeks ago. I bought the new Tiger Woods to help me get through the last couple of weeks....I've got a copy of the new NCAA game on reserve at game stop in Broken Arrow. Looking forward to picking that up on my way home from work Tuesday night

Find a 24hour Wal-Mart and get it at 12:01 am, that's what I'm doing! :D

OU-HSV
7/13/2009, 07:18 PM
Find a 24hour Wal-Mart and get it at 12:01 am, that's what I'm doing! :D

I've got a copy reserved at Game Stop.
They're open past midnight tonight as well due to this game...but I'm not about to go get the game tonight, I'd stay up all night playing it/setting the OU roster and I'd be worthless at work tomorrow. So I'm just picking it up after work tomorrow

looch
7/14/2009, 09:34 AM
Anyone purchased yet? I'm taking off work early to get this game.

Last year 4 or 5 of us started an online dynasty. The rules were Big XII, one roll per day.

We just finished up last week. It was year 2029.

We are getting another dynasty going this year. We may have a spot or two left in the Big XII. I will be the commissioner again. PM if you are interested.

adoniijahsooner
7/14/2009, 10:32 AM
I've got a copy reserved at Game Stop.
They're open past midnight tonight as well due to this game...but I'm not about to go get the game tonight, I'd stay up all night playing it/setting the OU roster and I'd be worthless at work tomorrow. So I'm just picking it up after work tomorrow

You mean cheating right? Raising speed, awareness, and quickness...your secret is safe with me.

SoonerPr8r
7/14/2009, 10:33 AM
The main reason I am buying this version of the game is because it will have a feature in which you can accumulate points for your team. During the regular season, they will have a competition between the schools of the real life opponents for that week and the school with the most in-game points will win.

You can get points by playing games, answering trivia questions, and one other way that I don't remember. At the end of the season there will be a tourny for the top teams.

Also create a team is back

SeattleOUstudent
7/14/2009, 10:43 AM
anyone have any reviews of the game?

SoonersEnFuego
7/14/2009, 10:48 AM
You mean cheating right? Raising speed, awareness, and quickness...your secret is safe with me.
No, you don't do that. Just set the numbers and make the players look more liek the original players. Also set the depth chart.

adoniijahsooner
7/14/2009, 10:49 AM
anyone have any reviews of the game?

Here you go chum.

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1736/NCAA-Football-10/p1/

OklahomaTuba
7/14/2009, 10:50 AM
I can't wait to hear the catchy sayings of Kirk and Lee once again!!

SeattleOUstudent
7/14/2009, 10:57 AM
no no, I mean a hands on review from a SF member

Hot Rod
7/14/2009, 11:01 AM
I can't wait to hear the catchy sayings of Kirk and Lee once again!!

Corso: "beep beep beep"

Kirk: "Scooter, what are you doing?"

Corso: "that's the sound of the defense"

bstuff1979
7/14/2009, 11:20 AM
I've thrown up a 2004 OU team on the "team-builder" thing. It's under the xbox name (not entirely sure what they call it) oklahomab. I've got the morning off, so I've been toying around with it. Only issue is that I think I've made the OU a little large on the helmet. Not gigantic, but you notice it on the close ups. Also, the computer insists on calling Dan Cody XXXXXXX. Not sure why, as I put his name in correctly just like everyone else on the team. But, he's "xxxxxx" now.

iwannabelikesam
7/14/2009, 12:42 PM
The game has been out for over half a day and no impressions from anybody yet? I am going to be out of town this weekend so I may not even pick it up after work today because of the roster stuff. I may just wait until I get back in town and hopefully all the roster stuff is good to go by then.

Ah hell, who am I kidding? I won't be able to wait that long. It's straight to the store after work for me.

JLEW1818
7/14/2009, 12:48 PM
My buddy got his last night... Sam Bradford is a 99/100... Gresham is a 99/100.

G. McCoy is like a 97/100 i think....

Broyles is like a 91.

bstuff1979
7/14/2009, 01:16 PM
The game has been out for over half a day and no impressions from anybody yet? I am going to be out of town this weekend so I may not even pick it up after work today because of the roster stuff. I may just wait until I get back in town and hopefully all the roster stuff is good to go by then.

Ah hell, who am I kidding? I won't be able to wait that long. It's straight to the store after work for me.

I've played about ten minutes worth of the game, so I can't say a ton about it. Defense seems to actually work this year. I've been sacked twice over the course of 1q, so there's some semblance of a pass rush. To be honest, I've spent most of my time recreating the 2004 OU team via "team-builder". In a related note, if anyone knows of any websites with rosters AND depth charts for past teams, let me know. Soonerstats.com and old Phil Steele magazines have been a huge help, but neither does that great of a job with depth charts for teams from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Don't ask why, but I'm jonesing for a '94 OU team. Gotta love the thunder'n'lightning combined with the only time that I can ever remember OU not having stripes on the pants.

Collier11
7/14/2009, 01:42 PM
maddennation has a way to download the rosters I believe

JLEW1818
7/14/2009, 01:46 PM
yep, just search around for it... my buddy use to download them to a cd.. and then download them to the ps2/ps3

OUTrumpet
7/14/2009, 02:08 PM
maddennation has a way to download the rosters I believe

Names aren't up yet from what I've seen. It'll probably be at least a week or 2 for someone to get them all named.

Basically what I've read that happened is the original roster file was incorrect and EA released a patch to get the accurate players on it.

PS3 & 360 gamers, the correct base roster file for NCAA Football 10 is now available for download from EA Locker.
Please note: You do NOT need to add anyone to your friends list.

Follow the steps below to get the file:

- On the main menu, go to ONLINE
- Select EA LOCKER
- Pick DOWNLOAD ROSTER
- Select ENTER ONLINE ID and type in the correct ID:

PS3: eascncaa10
360: EASCNCAA10

- Then rename and save the file to your system hard drive.

Sooner FLiP
7/14/2009, 02:24 PM
i played about a quaters worth of the game when i got home at about 12:20 last night. i have the PS3 version and the one thing that i noticed is that the movements of the players are more 'real'. i did a PA deep pass to Broyles for about 57 yards and the way he caught the ball amazed me. he pretty much caught the ball in stride over the shoulder. i cant really explain it but i watch the replay about 4 times.

one feature that i tried out the most was the 1st-person view while playing defense. while on defense push down L3 and the screen will switch. caution though bc after the ball snaps you will be stuck playing this player. i thought it was fun actually playing man defense with Travis Lewis. i was also able to injure Colt McCoy on a delayed blitz!!

i cant wait to get home and play a real game!

Sooner FLiP
7/14/2009, 02:26 PM
oh and another thing... Gresham is a BEAST! toss him the ball and watch him plow over linebackers and stretch 4 yards for a 1st down.

setem
7/14/2009, 04:32 PM
I like the speed, even though everyone is fast in the game I like the speedy movement. I do not like the camera at all. I am 2-0 online right now, so I love that!

It is a good game!

bstuff1979
7/14/2009, 04:33 PM
just finished up the last details on the 2004 OU team. It's on xbox360 under the online id: oklahomab

For whatever reason, Dan Cody's last name appears as XXXXX on everything aside from the back of his jersey. Other than this, everything is spot on. Even fixed the helmets. EA is under the impression ours are the same shade of red as Rutgers.

JLEW1818
7/14/2009, 04:35 PM
If yall don't play on Heisman level.. you don't need to play...

badger
7/14/2009, 04:39 PM
NP preordered... I am probably going to watch a lot of virtual football when he gets home from work :D

JLEW1818
7/14/2009, 04:45 PM
nice

Collier11
7/14/2009, 04:48 PM
NP preordered... I am probably going to watch a lot of virtual football when he gets home from work :D

good girl

bweezie
7/14/2009, 07:46 PM
check out all of oregon's uniform alternates. ridiculous.

badger
7/15/2009, 07:24 AM
So tOSU gets script Ohio and we get the generic pregame that spells out "GO GO GO?!" what gives...

NP said he hates the kicker icing.

EDIT: Also, we both agree that Sam Bradford looks nothing like Sam Bradford... either they didn't have a goofy looking Cherokee kid with shaggy curly hair or they are trying to avoid future lawsuits from soon-to-be former student-athletes :rolleyes:

iwannabelikesam
7/15/2009, 09:19 AM
So tOSU gets script Ohio and we get the generic pregame that spells out "GO GO GO?!" what gives...

What the bands perform is based on what the University sent them. If nothing was sent then it is just generic. EA asked each athletic department for input on the bands performing. Our athletic department failed to respond.

badger
7/15/2009, 09:23 AM
What the bands perform is based on what the University sent them. If nothing was sent then it is just generic. EA asked each athletic department for input on the bands performing. Our athletic department failed to respond.

well, that's disappointing, but i'm sure the ath dept has higher priorities than a video game.

as for us fans, I'm not sure we have higher priorities right now :D

NormanPride
7/15/2009, 09:30 AM
I have discovered that Tulsa's playbook is a lot of fun.

Pricetag
7/15/2009, 10:05 AM
EDIT: Also, we both agree that Sam Bradford looks nothing like Sam Bradford... either they didn't have a goofy looking Cherokee kid with shaggy curly hair or they are trying to avoid future lawsuits from soon-to-be former student-athletes :rolleyes:
What? He's not really a ginger pale face?

Since the named rosters haven't come out yet, I'm playing the Road To Glory thing. I'm leading Broken Arrow through the state playoffs right now. We're in the semis now after beating Cushing and Muskogee.

Collier11
7/15/2009, 10:09 AM
Union and Jenks looming?

Pricetag
7/15/2009, 10:30 AM
Union and Jenks looming?
I think they only do town names, so Jenks is a possibility, but not Union, I don't think.

badger
7/15/2009, 10:35 AM
What? He's not really a ginger pale face?

In honor of the Harry Potter release...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4yvY6vqFO0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4yvY6vqFO0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Collier11
7/15/2009, 10:37 AM
Fail

ouleaf
7/15/2009, 11:14 AM
I'm on the 360 version. The game action does seem a little faster this year. Pass rush is a lot more prevalent in this game, at least against good teams. They seem to have upped the Defensive AI a lot more this year. It's a little harder to break off the long TD run. CPU takes better angles to the ball this year. Last year you could kind of do small zigs and zags and the computer would follow (ala Tecmo Bowl) allowing you to get around the defenders easier. That's not really the case this year.

Not a big fan of the camera angle as other's have commented. I think they brought it back a few yards or lowered it or something. The Lock on a Player feature is pretty cool. You can basically lock on to a single guy and you play that position for that play. It's pretty much like you do in Campus Legend Mode, but now you can do it in the game and pick any player. It switches the POV to the other side of the ball if you pick a Defensive player which i like if I'm playing Safety or LB. Also useful in punt return situations. You can see what is coming at you earlier.

The controls are pretty much the same as in years past with a few changes. There is an actual Swat button this year which I like. Helps in coverage or if you are a DL guy, to get your hands up and block a pass. There are a few control changes on pre-snap that I noticed. Also you seem to be able to strip the ball a lot more this year on Defense.

As far as the passing game goes, haven't played the game enough to really know for sure, but it seems like the CPU covers slants and comebacks a little bit better this year. You might still be open on a lot of them, but they are usually right there with the tackle or disruption. Those were almost always automatic last year. This year, it seems like post and in routes over the middle are pretty successful. I do think that's where the new camera angle helps though. Makes it a little easier to see where those LB's are. They also seem to place a little more value in throwing to your primary receiver on the play. It seems like if you throw to a 3rd or 4th option, they aren't as likely to catch it if there is a defender there to immediately break it up.

As in true NCAA fashion, I got screwed in my first online game against a human. Fumbled the ball twice in the redzone. Once was Gresham on the 1 yard line as he was about to cross the GL. Also very much like last years MNC, missed a block on 4th and Goal and lost 14-21. Despite that, Gresham is a beast in the game. Had a nice over the shoulder TD catch from about 15 yards out.

Q22
7/15/2009, 11:20 PM
just finished up the last details on the 2004 OU team. It's on xbox360 under the online id: oklahomab

For whatever reason, Dan Cody's last name appears as XXXXX on everything aside from the back of his jersey. Other than this, everything is spot on. Even fixed the helmets. EA is under the impression ours are the same shade of red as Rutgers.

Awesome job! I just downloaded it. Time to play a certain team from California and do a little revisionist history.

badger
7/16/2009, 07:33 AM
We took last night off for Harry Potter... unless you're a fan, not really worth it... anyway, NP got recruited by UNC as a five-star guy outta high school after winning the Oregon state championship as a running back, when I noticed something funny...

Purchase five-star recruit?

PURCHASE?

So, I ask NP to find out what that was, and he clicks on it... it's 100 Microsoft Points for a five-star recruit at any position, including the all-around position (which I think is just "athlete" if you're under the recruiting menu).

This is just thilly. Thilly, thilly, thilly... and there's kids out there with too many Microsoft points that will download this too, isn't there...

bstuff1979
7/16/2009, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE=badger;2646255]We took last night off for Harry Potter... unless you're a fan, not really worth it... anyway, NP got recruited by UNC as a five-star guy outta high school after winning the Oregon state championship as a running back, when I noticed something funny...

PURCHASE?

So, I ask NP to find out what that was, and he clicks on it... it's 100 Microsoft Points for a five-star recruit at any position, including the all-around position (which I think is just "athlete" if you're under the recruiting menu).

This is just thilly. Thilly, thilly, thilly... and there's kids out there with too many Microsoft points that will download this too, isn't there...[/QUOTE

Hart-Lee Dykes?

looch
7/16/2009, 09:47 AM
I am the commissioner for another dynasty this year (PS3). Last year we played all year up until last week (Our final year was 2029). We started out as only Big XII teams and eventually ended up in the ACC last spring.

So for this year we have 7 of us so far.

Here are the rules:
1. You must be a Big XII team.
2. We play Heisman only. (We eventually raise the sliders up too to keep the scores realistic)
3. We roll at minimum once a day, most rolls occur at 4pm CST when I get off work.
4. Offseasons are done on Sunday nights when possible.
5. Good teams are reserved for newer gamers.

Right now the following teams are available (I am Baylor): Kansas State, Mizzou, UT, OSU, Iowa State.

My PS3 name is SoonerMatt. Message me with your proposed team if you would like in. If you are a juggernaut do not select anything with the color orange.

OUTrumpet
7/16/2009, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=badger;2646255]We took last night off for Harry Potter... unless you're a fan, not really worth it... anyway, NP got recruited by UNC as a five-star guy outta high school after winning the Oregon state championship as a running back, when I noticed something funny...

PURCHASE?

This is just thilly. Thilly, thilly, thilly... and there's kids out there with too many Microsoft points that will download this too, isn't there...[/QUOTE

Hart-Lee Dykes?

Yeah, I saw this. The "Dynasty accelerator" so you can speed up building a program.

badger
7/16/2009, 10:03 AM
You boys need to do your league again where you take the one-star programs and try to convince recruits to come to your crappy facilities on factors like "academic prestige" and "proximity to home" :D

If you all let me do a good team on an easy level, I might have to partake :D

(NP had Buffalo last year)

looch
7/16/2009, 10:11 AM
You boys need to do your league again where you take the one-star programs and try to convince recruits to come to your crappy facilities on factors like "academic prestige" and "proximity to home" :D

If you all let me do a good team on an easy level, I might have to partake :D

(NP had Buffalo last year)

That's why I'm two-star Baylor. You can have a good Big XII team if it's available. The level isn't adjustable so I can't accommodate that. Would you really be that worried about Baylor if you had UT?

NormanPride
7/16/2009, 10:20 AM
She doesn't play the game at all, so yes. Especially on Heisman. ;) Plus, she was talking about me and OUTrumpet's league where we picked crappy teams from crappy conferences and played a season.

Buffalo is complete crap, btw, especially without their starting QB and RB. :mad:

badger
7/16/2009, 10:28 AM
I'm not trying to trash your league or change your rules, looch - we don't have a PS triple anyway. We're simple Ecks Bawks folk :D

looch
7/16/2009, 10:40 AM
She doesn't play the game at all, so yes. Especially on Heisman. ;) Plus, she was talking about me and OUTrumpet's league where we picked crappy teams from crappy conferences and played a season.

Buffalo is complete crap, btw, especially without their starting QB and RB. :mad:

That's always fun too. After a decade or two in the Big XII I'm sure we'll end up back in the ACC with Duke, Maryland, etc.

Of course this year we could have an Ivy league conference too. I enjoy the dynasties more when you get several years down the road. Where you don't have the OU's or Florida's with their A+ ratings.

NormanPride
7/16/2009, 11:36 AM
It's also fun to take a team and turn off recruiting for about a decade and then try to win some games. :D

badger
7/16/2009, 11:44 AM
It's also fun to take a team and turn off recruiting for about a decade and then try to win some games. :D

How do you field a team then? Prison football tree-outs? [/longestyard]

OUTrumpet
7/16/2009, 12:05 PM
How do you field a team then? Prison football tree-outs? [/longestyard]

Go to computer assistance tab. Turn off. Sim games. At end of season, cut your best players.

Do this for 10 seasons. I guarantee you'll be terrible across the board. I did this to try to put a challenge on it.

NormanPride
7/16/2009, 12:14 PM
Getting beat 100-9 by Gawgya is not fun.

looch
7/16/2009, 12:35 PM
Go to computer assistance tab. Turn off. Sim games. At end of season, cut your best players.

Do this for 10 seasons. I guarantee you'll be terrible across the board. I did this to try to put a challenge on it.

This would result in an almost non recoverable program. It's almost like the time I brought SMU into the Big XII and tried to get rolling. I gave up after 5 years. After cheezing and using every cheat possible, I still couldn't beat the real teams on Heisman (with sliders up).

oklaclarinet
7/16/2009, 02:46 PM

Honestly, that could be enough to ruin the game for me. I was all set to go out and buy it, I might reconsider that now.

OUTrumpet
7/16/2009, 06:35 PM
This would result in an almost non recoverable program. It's almost like the time I brought SMU into the Big XII and tried to get rolling. I gave up after 5 years. After cheezing and using every cheat possible, I still couldn't beat the real teams on Heisman (with sliders up).

Not necessarily. In 09, all you needed was speed. My first year actually playing I went 1-11 (beating Vanderbilt). Second season I improved to 4-8 after scheduling 3 patsies and beating Vanderbilt again.

All I did was grab an A+ speed 2* receiver and an A speed 2* running back in the off-season and just general depth issues.

This was with Georgia. My only problems came against Bama (who would run play action on the last play of the game to hang 90 on me), Auburn who was just stupid good, any road game, and Florida. But I could already see it turning around after just 1 off-season.

This was on Heisman with sliders up pretty heavy too.

JLEW1818
7/16/2009, 06:36 PM
i played it for the first time today, on ps3...

Beat Nebraska @ Nebraska, 38 - 10, on Heisman.... I'm special

Collier11
7/16/2009, 07:34 PM
special ed

JLEW1818
7/16/2009, 07:37 PM
u get a ps3, and I'll get one...we can battle it live!!!

Collier11
7/16/2009, 07:38 PM
I thought about getting one tonight, ill talk myself into it eventually ;)

JLEW1818
7/16/2009, 07:47 PM
ditto.... i might just beat up CK for his.. I'm sure he has one... haha

CK Sooner
7/16/2009, 08:03 PM
ditto.... i might just beat up CK for his.. I'm sure he has one... haha

I will **** up your world.

:D;)

OU-HSV
7/16/2009, 08:07 PM
Once I get my PS3 hooked up online, I'll let yall know. Maybe we can get some games in.
But first I gotta figure out how to hook it up online. My modem only has one ethernet port. So is a router the answer to that problem?? Will a wireless router let me hook up my hard drive for the comp and also send my signal to the ps3??

TIA

Collier11
7/16/2009, 08:21 PM
I will **** up your world.

:D;)

He's not a 14 yr old girl and I really dont see you beating up anyone bigger than a 14 yr old girl

JLEW1818
7/16/2009, 09:34 PM
:hot:

Spray
7/17/2009, 09:26 AM
I just wanted to remind all you dorks to eat something.

;)

OU-HSV
7/17/2009, 09:55 AM
Has anyone had trouble with your OU roster changes sometimes not staying the way you changed them to when you exit the game and come back in??
Happened to me once, and it's happened to a buddy of mine several times. It's mainly the height and weight and the age

badger
7/17/2009, 09:58 AM
NP hasn't played this game since the first night he got it, when we discovered our generic band doing our generic pregame ("GO GO GO"), the new kicker icing feature and his studly high school running back win the Oregon state championship and go to North Carolina.

The second night was Harry Potter. The third night? Sushi Train.

Collier11
7/17/2009, 09:59 AM
any man who passes up college football for Harry potter needs to have his priorities checked, I may throw a flag on him

;)

OU-HSV
7/17/2009, 10:07 AM
any man who passes up college football for Harry potter needs to have his priorities checked, I may throw a flag on him

;)

Now that aint no sh*t

badger
7/17/2009, 10:29 AM
any man who passes up college football for Harry potter needs to have his priorities checked

I would assume that the priority was me, not seeing a book that we read four years ago turn into a movie.

Collier11
7/17/2009, 10:37 AM
you would assume, dont assume too much ;)

badger
7/17/2009, 10:53 AM
you would assume, dont assume too much ;)

Ok, I'll just declare truths in the future... starting now:
http://i30.tinypic.com/nvbq05.jpg

SoonerStud615
7/17/2009, 11:38 AM
Not mine, but I will be using the Bradford 360 cover. It's got Bradford and Madu for all platforms.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/1240/sambradford1.png (http://img370.imageshack.us/i/sambradford1.png/)

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3134/mossismadu.png (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/mossismadu.png/)

Hi-res and other versions link. (http://crazihead.picturepush.com/album/59155/p-Oklahoma.html)

Also...just found a nice Gresham one:

Link. (http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/Dmac271/NCAA%2010%20Custom%20Covers/?action=view&current=NCAAFB10360JermaineGresham.png)

Collier11
7/17/2009, 11:41 AM
Ok, I'll just declare truths in the future... starting now:
http://i30.tinypic.com/nvbq05.jpg

wrong thread :D

theresonly1OU
7/17/2009, 02:12 PM
http://designergames.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/13362-gif.jpg

Fail(ure)

Fixed.

(sort of)

Collier11
7/18/2009, 03:16 PM
am I missing something, can you no longer do play substitutions, only depth chart changes??? Tell me im looking in the wrong place cus this is retarded

Can you not change the camera angle either anymore?

CK Sooner
7/18/2009, 03:18 PM
He's not a 14 yr old girl and I really dont see you beating up anyone bigger than a 14 yr old girl

Do you know me?

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/kelly_wishon/rampage.jpg

silverwheels
7/18/2009, 03:22 PM
am I missing something, can you no longer do play substitutions, only depth chart changes??? Tell me im looking in the wrong place cus this is retarded

Can you not change the camera angle either anymore?

No formation subs, and yes, I think you're stuck with that camera angle.

Collier11
7/18/2009, 03:54 PM
why the fawk would they not allow formation subs or a diff camera angle, that is mega retarded

silverwheels
7/18/2009, 04:16 PM
why the fawk would they not allow formation subs or a diff camera angle, that is mega retarded

Probably because the quality of NCAA year-in and year-out makes me assume that they half-*** it with that game and put more time and care into their other games, namely Madden.

Sooner13
7/18/2009, 05:00 PM
Pretty sure formation subs have been gone for 2-3 years now.....

Collier11
7/18/2009, 05:07 PM
Well ive been on ps2 for a while, getting rid of formation subs makes no sense though. If I want to split carries between DM and CB like in real life I have to sub out each time, lame

Sooner13
7/18/2009, 09:39 PM
You just have to change the "package" or whatever for each formation. You can select spell HB to get CB some carries in a particular formation.

Collier11
7/18/2009, 09:49 PM
cool, I didnt notice that. I really cant play too much without the rosters though cus as soon as they come out ill have to quit and start over so I just dont start anything

OU-HSV
7/19/2009, 07:12 PM
Well ive been on ps2 for a while, getting rid of formation subs makes no sense though. If I want to split carries between DM and CB like in real life I have to sub out each time, lame

I noticed that as well. But hell, if your game is working like mine, Murray gets hurt every game so CB gets plenty of action.

I think I'm going to see if I can figure out how to change the package like Sooner13 said. But I thought I'd already looked at doing that....I must have overlooked something.

I had my best win yet a bit ago at LSU 27-7. I want to beat texass, lsu and usc consecutively before I start my dynasty. Cause I really want to improve before I start it up.

Sooner13
7/19/2009, 07:27 PM
I noticed that as well. But hell, if your game is working like mine, Murray gets hurt every game so CB gets plenty of action.

I think I'm going to see if I can figure out how to change the package like Sooner13 said. But I thought I'd already looked at doing that....I must have overlooked something.

I had my best win yet a bit ago at LSU 27-7. I want to beat *Texas*s, lsu and usc consecutively before I start my dynasty. Cause I really want to improve before I start it up.

all you have to do (on 360) is push the d-pad over to select a different package

SoonerStud615
7/19/2009, 10:10 PM
A fully named roster has just been completed, for all teams, on the gamertag "Lanteri87" for XBOX360 only, I think.

Collier11
7/19/2009, 10:36 PM
go to EALOCKER for ps3 users and the user name is buckeye02 for the rosters

Collier11
7/20/2009, 12:08 AM
You just have to change the "package" or whatever for each formation. You can select spell HB to get CB some carries in a particular formation.

Ok I just played my 1st dynasty game and didnt see this option...where do I find it? TIA

sitzpinkler
7/20/2009, 06:58 AM
okay, how in the god damn ****ing hell do you get the roster you download from buckeye02 to update in dynasty mode, I loaded this ****ing thing in my ncaa 10 under Load and Delete and it never shows up in dynasty mode, this is ****ing frustrating

Sooner13
7/20/2009, 08:34 AM
Ok I just played my 1st dynasty game and didnt see this option...where do I find it? TIA

When you are on the play select screen looking at your formation it will default to something such as I-Formation (Normal). If you push the d-pad to the left or right it will change to Spell HB, Dual HB, Jumbo, etc....Hope this helps.

Collier11
7/20/2009, 08:38 AM
okay, how in the god damn ****ing hell do you get the roster you download from buckeye02 to update in dynasty mode, I loaded this ****ing thing in my ncaa 10 under Load and Delete and it never shows up in dynasty mode, this is ****ing frustrating

you have to download the roster then upload, then before you go to start your dynasty you have to load your rosters from the main menu screen...I forget which title its originally under

When you are on the play select screen looking at your formation it will default to something such as I-Formation (Normal). If you push the d-pad to the left or right it will change to Spell HB, Dual HB, Jumbo, etc....Hope this helps.

Awesome, thanks for the info

badger
7/20/2009, 08:46 AM
A fully named roster has just been completed, for all teams, on the gamertag "Lanteri87" for XBOX360 only, I think.

"What is create a fully-named roster for NCAA Footabll 2010 for XBox 360?"

Jeopardy's Answer: What you would do if you had all the time in the world.

Collier11
7/20/2009, 08:56 AM
hey, those people hook it up so I got nothing but love for em

OUTrumpet
7/20/2009, 11:14 AM
Once you get the roster, make sure to load it and then save your profile...should make it so you don't have to load your roster every time you turn your game on.

Also one thing I've been noticing about teambuilder - has anyone else had a problem with your helmets just randomly becoming a big EA sports logo?

Pricetag
7/20/2009, 02:14 PM
If your console isn't connected to the Internet (or is otherwise cut off from the Team Builder servers), it can't verify your logos, and if that doesn't happen, you get the EA Sports logo. It has to verify the logo every time you use the team. I'm sure it has to do with eliminating offensive logos.

Jello Biafra
7/20/2009, 02:15 PM

sitz, put down the Fing controller and call me you hump...got a job for ya...hint, you been reading your playbooks?

OUTrumpet
7/20/2009, 02:54 PM
If your console isn't connected to the Internet (or is otherwise cut off from the Team Builder servers), it can't verify your logos, and if that doesn't happen, you get the EA Sports logo. It has to verify the logo every time you use the team. I'm sure it has to do with eliminating offensive logos.

Yeah, but this is with a team with a plain black helmet. No numbers. No stripes. No logos. And even when connected to XBox live, I end up with a giant EA logo on the side of the head.

Pricetag
7/20/2009, 03:08 PM
Yeah, but this is with a team with a plain black helmet. No numbers. No stripes. No logos. And even when connected to XBox live, I end up with a giant EA logo on the side of the head.
Heh, weird. I guess it's a bonus logo.

badger
7/20/2009, 03:11 PM
I started playing Dead Rising again yesterday. Think I'd be able to hog the Xbox to the point where NP falls behind on his Erin Andrews stud recruits and fantasy leagues? ;)

(i am kidding... it's only a matter of time before the zombie clown kills me with his juggling chainsaws again)

soonervegas
7/20/2009, 03:29 PM
So I take it there is not a wii version this year and it appears there is a story behind it...anyone care to explain?

Pricetag
7/20/2009, 04:03 PM
So I take it there is not a wii version this year and it appears there is a story behind it...anyone care to explain?EA put out a quarter-assed effort (that is, half the *** that they exert on the other consoles) on the Wii last year (they put a friggin' mascot on the cover), it didn't sell well, so they deemed that the market didn't exist on the console, apparently. It's been pretty on par with their support of Nintendo's consoles since the Nintendo 64.

setem
7/20/2009, 04:47 PM
Speaking of Erin Andrews...NUDE!

WildBlueSooner
7/20/2009, 06:02 PM
I was just wondering what you all have for your custom stadium sounds. I am going to set mine up tonight.

setem
7/20/2009, 06:54 PM
kick off: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO U
Penalty for opposing team: Boomer Sooner Chant
D takes the field after a kick: The Hey Song
TO: They Hey Song
TD: Boomer Sooner Band
1st Down: You're Doing Fine OK

Some other stuff but those are the main ones.

WildBlueSooner
7/20/2009, 07:21 PM
kick off: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO U
Penalty for opposing team: Boomer Sooner Chant
D takes the field after a kick: The Hey Song
TO: They Hey Song
TD: Boomer Sooner Band
1st Down: You're Doing Fine OK

Some other stuff but those are the main ones.

Where did you find the Oooooooooooooooo U?

setem
7/20/2009, 09:19 PM
I got them from another board and you gotta burn em to a cd and then rip them onto the xbox it is more work then you wanna do believe me!

just so you guys know I play on 360 and my gamertag is b00mer52 the o's are zeroes. If anyone wants to play hit me up.

OU-HSV
7/20/2009, 10:17 PM
all you have to do (on 360) is push the d-pad over to select a different package

I have a PS3, but I figured it out. Thanks for bringing the topic up, it got me looking for the feature and all along all you have to do on PS3 is tap the right analog stick to change packages when the main formation has been picked.
Easy.

yermom
7/20/2009, 11:18 PM

**** ****ing ****

SoonersEnFuego
7/21/2009, 09:04 AM
Names aren't up yet from what I've seen. It'll probably be at least a week or 2 for someone to get them all named.

Basically what I've read that happened is the original roster file was incorrect and EA released a patch to get the accurate players on it.

PS3 & 360 gamers, the correct base roster file for NCAA Football 10 is now available for download from EA Locker.
Please note: You do NOT need to add anyone to your friends list.

Follow the steps below to get the file:

- On the main menu, go to ONLINE
- Select EA LOCKER
- Pick DOWNLOAD ROSTER
- Select ENTER ONLINE ID and type in the correct ID:

PS3: eascncaa10
360: EASCNCAA10

- Then rename and save the file to your system hard drive.
I downloaded it but don't know how to load it.

yermom
7/21/2009, 09:50 AM
ok, are there names in the buckeye02 roster?

OUTrumpet
7/21/2009, 10:44 AM
For the people with roster problems:

After you download a roster

Go to "My NCAA"
Choose "File Management"
Choose "Load & Delete"
Scroll over to rosters and load the file.

If you've already started a dynasty or a road to glory dude, it's not going to retroactively add the names in. You're stuck with QB #14 instead of Bradford if you've already started.

TripleOption14
7/21/2009, 10:56 AM
What are the player ratings for OU's starting line-up? Has anyone asked that yet? I'd like to see where they have everyone. Sometimes EA can be WAYYY off w/ their ratings.

Collier11
7/21/2009, 11:38 AM
FWIW, I like the PS2 version better. The pS3 version is too slow, the camera angle sucks, the lack of formation subs sucks, for all that money and all that hype, you get more for less with the PS2 version as far as gameplay goes IMHO. I was highly disappointed

SoonerStud615
7/21/2009, 07:43 PM
I got them from another board and you gotta burn em to a cd and then rip them onto the xbox it is more work then you wanna do believe me!

You wouldn't happen to have links would you? :D

setem
7/21/2009, 08:54 PM
http://ncaastadiumsounds.com/BIG12/big12_oklahoma.html

SoonerStud615
7/21/2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks, and spek.

bstuff1979
7/21/2009, 11:29 PM
Need some good karma, so here's my offering in hopes of getting it: '85 OU, '93 OU, and '04 OU for xbox360. it's under the xbox360 name "oklahomab", put it in the search in the teambuilder section in the game. Or you can check it out before downloading here: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/ncaafootball/create_a_school

SoonerStud615
7/23/2009, 06:20 PM
Couple screenshots I've taken so far. Plus, an interesting in-game headline from ESPN.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2660/992a00013jpegscreenshot.jpg (http://img36.imageshack.us/i/992a00013jpegscreenshot.jpg/)

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/407/992a00012jpegscreenshot.jpg (http://img187.imageshack.us/i/992a00012jpegscreenshot.jpg/)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/290/992a00011jpegscreenshot.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/i/992a00011jpegscreenshot.jpg/)

Headline:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1331/img0272toh.th.jpg (http://img198.imageshack.us/i/img0272toh.jpg/)

VA Sooner
7/23/2009, 09:18 PM
I thought they couldn't use college players' names in the games due to NCAA rules?

Collier11
7/23/2009, 09:27 PM
you can download them

JLEW1818
7/23/2009, 09:30 PM
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/407/992a00012jpegscreenshot.jpg (http://img187.imageshack.us/i/992a00012jpegscreenshot.jpg/)

LOOK EVERYBODY, JONES IS GETTING "GROOMED" :P

soonerfan28
7/24/2009, 09:36 AM
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3610/gresham360jo3.jpg (http://img170.imageshack.us/i/gresham360jo3.jpg/)

Heres a link to many more.

http://www.oukingpen.com/index.html