PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Cards

Sooner_Havok
7/10/2009, 02:31 PM
What did you guys do with yours? I am sure mine are still at my folks' house in their attic.

yermom
7/10/2009, 02:40 PM
kindling might be the best use for them at this point ;)

Petro-Sooner
7/10/2009, 02:42 PM
In the attic. I found a Jim Traber when I went back through them last year. :cool:

CK Sooner
7/10/2009, 02:42 PM
Mine are still in my closet where they have been for the last few years.

Fraggle145
7/10/2009, 02:46 PM
CK has gay baseball cards.

Sooner_Havok
7/10/2009, 02:47 PM
CK has gay baseball cards.

Duh :D

I wonder if I have any that are worth any money? I haven't looked at them in years.

Sooner_Havok
7/10/2009, 02:47 PM
kindling might be the best use for them at this point ;)

Man, I am going to put them on my bike when I get back down to Norman!

yermom
7/10/2009, 02:50 PM
i stand corrected :D

CK Sooner
7/10/2009, 02:54 PM
Duh :D

I wonder if I have any that are worth any money? I haven't looked at them in years.

Take them down to a card store and slip them a five to look through them.

Sooner_Havok
7/10/2009, 02:56 PM
Take them down to a card store and slip them a five to look through them.

do they still have card stores?

CK Sooner
7/10/2009, 03:05 PM

There are a few in the city.

Sooner_Havok
7/10/2009, 03:34 PM
Think I should take them in before I put them in my spokes?

:D

CK Sooner
7/10/2009, 03:35 PM
Think I should take them in before I put them in my spokes?

Yes!

Sooner_Havok
7/10/2009, 03:37 PM
Yes!

Heh, I remember trading a Sammy Sosa Ranger card to my friend for a Kenny Lofton Rookie.

Man the Lofton card was shiny. :D

Boomer.....
7/10/2009, 03:37 PM

The Dugout is still on Main and 24th in Norman.

Sooner_Havok
7/10/2009, 03:38 PM
The Dugout is still on Main and 24th in Norman.

In all seriousness, would it be better to just list them on ebay, or sell them to a store like that?

yermom
7/10/2009, 04:45 PM
eBay. i mean i don't know anything about that place, but they are looking to turn them around.

i'd think if you sold stuff individually on eBay, you'd get a lot more $$$

Sooner_Havok
7/10/2009, 04:47 PM
eBay. i mean i don't know anything about that place, but they are looking to turn them around.

That is what I am thinking. Just put each card up on ebay and make sure to state that shipping is extra.

Hell, if I could get $.10 a card for the non-awesome cards, I could get some serious $$$

yermom
7/10/2009, 04:49 PM
and get them on shipping ;)

Sooner_Havok
7/10/2009, 04:53 PM
and get them on shipping ;)

I think $5 a card for shipping is legit. :D

CK Sooner
7/10/2009, 04:57 PM

You have to remember the listing costs though...

Boomer.....
7/10/2009, 05:04 PM

What he said.

Cards aren't "hot" like they used to be (I don't think) so the market is way down. I remember when there were huge conventions several times a year in Norman. Ebay would be your better bet and you might try Craigslist also. The good ones you can sell separately but the massive amount of crappy cards you might have to sell as a grab bag.

I have a mess load of cards from years ago which I tinkered around with selling them but I figured that the market was so down that it would probably be better off holding onto them and hoping they got popular again or passing them down.

soonerinabilene
7/10/2009, 10:06 PM
i remember buying a new becketts every month when i was a kid. i still have the one with bo jackson on the cover in shoulder pads and a bat across the back of his neck. i got a few that used to be worth a lot... namely nolans rookie card. anybody elses dad claim they remember using mantles rookie card in his bike spokes cuz he sucked his forst couple of years?

Petro-Sooner
7/10/2009, 10:12 PM
Ahhh I remember that issue. It never came in the mail. What year was that? 87? It was a pretty hot issue. A phone call from mom to Beckett and one was delivered. We figured it was stolen somewhere along the line. Who knows. George Brett was my favorite!

texas bandman
7/10/2009, 10:47 PM
My two sets of 1959 Topps are in the house with the best cards prominently displayed in my living room. My favorite is my PSA 7 Mantle. Why two sets....I've got two sons and when I die I don't want them fighting over the 59's. The bulk of the rest of the cards I have were bought in the 80's and are stored in huge plastic tubs in the storage building. After I retire I might go through them and see what I have. I just know that I'll never move them again, those tubs must weigh over 100 lbs. each. I guess I could sell theem by the pound. :D

Sooner24
7/10/2009, 11:17 PM
Cards that used to be worth something are pretty much worthless now. The Barry Bond's, Sammy Sosa's, Roger Clemen's, Mark McGuire's, etc...etc...are all now as famous for cheating as the were for the baseball records they were setting. The 60's and 70's cards probably have held their value a lot more than the 80's-00's.

1994 was the end of baseball as I knew it. From 1965-1981 I was as big a baseball fan as there was. The first couple of strikes I dealt with and went on but when they lost the 1994 World Series they lost me as a fan. I let McGuire and Sosa sucker me back in when they were going nuts hitting home runs but then the steriods finished off any feelings I had for MLB for good.

StoopTroup
7/10/2009, 11:39 PM
I still have a few 70's and 80's cards...a bunch of 90's...

I started slacking off when sports memorabilia went in the crapper.

The cards I had when I was a kid...they're in the trash dump with the clothes pins I used to put them in the spokes of my Schwinn Apple Crate Sting Ray Bike.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/11/2009, 12:18 AM
i recently picked all mine up from my grandma's house...several books of them...I keep some of them in a safety deposit box...and I still have a bunch of my old becketts