PDA

View Full Version : OSU IN NEED OF A STARTING TE

allenrayx
7/9/2009, 06:44 PM
looks like theirs has a drug problem
Two Oklahoma State football players were charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana, according to police.

Freshman running back Dexter Pratt and sophomore tight end Jamal Mosley both were charged with one count of possession on June 17, after they were arrested by the Oklahoma State University Police Department, Lt. Mark W. Shearer of the department said

CK Sooner
7/9/2009, 06:47 PM
Link?

allenrayx
7/9/2009, 06:48 PM
hold on let me find one.....its espn.com though

Hella Sideburns
7/9/2009, 06:49 PM
Link?

i saw it on twitter earlier. i just assume that all osu players are on drugs, so i didnt even bother looking at the link.

allenrayx
7/9/2009, 06:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4317703

CK Sooner
7/9/2009, 06:51 PM
Good thing we didn't get Pratt.

allenrayx
7/9/2009, 06:59 PM
Good thing we didn't get Pratt.

no kidding it would have been a totaly different heading.........

piusbovis
7/9/2009, 11:18 PM
I love how when this happens at OSU it's just a mistake and a case of boys will be boys. Meanwhile every minor transgression that has happened at OU is symptomatic of some system wide conspiracy to cheat. God forbid our players simply make mistakes too, it has to be evil Bob Stoops and the Norman PD working together because we're all so afraid of the orange storm brewin'.

JLEW1818
7/9/2009, 11:23 PM
Two Oklahoma State football players were charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana, according to police.

Freshman running back Dexter Pratt and sophomore tight end Jamal Mosley both were charged with one count of possession on June 17, after they were arrested by the Oklahoma State University Police Department, Lt. Mark W. Shearer of the department said.

According to charges filed with the Payne County District Attorney's office, both "knowingly possessed and controlled within his residence a small plastic bag containing what appeared to be, and subsequently field-tested positive as a small amount of marijuana."

Both players are scheduled for arraignment on July 29.

Pratt, a 6-foot-1, 225-pounder from Navasota, Texas, was one of the top recruits in Oklahoma State's incoming class. He enrolled in school in January and was expected to challenge for playing time immediately.

Mosley, a 6-foot-4, 243-pounder from Memphis, Tenn., saw action in 11 games and caught five passes for 57 yards as a freshman last season. He was expected to be the Cowboys' No. 1 tight end coming out of spring practice as they attempt to fill the hole created by the departure of Brandon Pettigrew to the NFL.

RedstickSooner
7/9/2009, 11:54 PM
Well, this may get me in trouble, but what the hell. The pair of them, together, got busted for being in possession of one tiny baggie with a small quantity of weed?

I can't really see this as being indicative of anything wrong with them, with OSU, or anything else. The only thing this shows is that we've got some silly laws and/or police priorities. There wasn't anything else those campus cops could've been applying their admirable talents towards? No date rape? No petty larceny? Really?

It'd be just as retarded if our players got busted with the same.

Too bad they didn't play for the Shorthorns. I'm pretty sure possession of a small bag of weed in Austin is some sort of residency requirement.

Yeah, I know. Laws will be laws. This is just weak sauce. Up there with busted for possession of booze without driving -- like they found some scotch in a dorm room. I just have an awful hard time scrounging up any condemnation, y'know?

RedstickSooner
7/9/2009, 11:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4317703

As a side note, how awesome is it that Tim Griffith (I may have gotten his name wrong) looks totally stoned in the picture accompanying this story?

allenrayx
7/10/2009, 12:00 AM
Well, this may get me in trouble, but what the hell. The pair of them, together, got busted for being in possession of one tiny baggie with a small quantity of weed?

I can't really see this as being indicative of anything wrong with them, with OSU, or anything else. The only thing this shows is that we've got some silly laws and/or police priorities. There wasn't anything else those campus cops could've been applying their admirable talents towards? No date rape? No petty larceny? Really?

Too bad they didn't play for the Short*horns*. I'm pretty sure possession of a small bag of weed in Austin is some sort of residency requirement.

Yeah, I know. Laws will be laws. This is just weak sauce. Up there with busted for possession of booze without driving -- like they found some scotch in a dorm room. I just have an awful hard time scrounging up any condemnation, y'know?

it doesnt matter whether they were busted with a joint or a pound. you can not do ANY illegal drugs when you play college or pro sports. or for that matter when you dont play sports

allenrayx
7/10/2009, 12:05 AM
As a side note, how awesome is it that Tim Griffith (I may have gotten his name wrong) looks totally stoned in the picture accompanying this story?

he may be but they probably dont have a random test for it there.........therefor it dont matter if he is stoned, i personally have no problem with people smoking weed i used to smoke like a chimney, but my job does random and i like MOST athlets choose not to smoke.dam go get some beer or something

Seamus
7/10/2009, 03:55 AM
it doesnt matter whether they were busted with a joint or a pound. you can not do ANY illegal drugs when you play college or pro sports. or for that matter when you dont play sports

Out of curiosity, how many merit badges do you have?

badger
7/10/2009, 07:24 AM

OSU has their own merit badge system, or at least they used to - black jerseys in practice.

SOMEthing tells me that SOMEbody was :les: bedowngraded [hairGel] from a black jersey to a orange jersey these past few days :rolleyes:

CincySooner
7/10/2009, 09:14 AM

Too bad they didn't play for the Short*horns*. I'm pretty sure possession of a small bag of weed in Austin is some sort of residency requirement.

That's why it was a misdemeanor and not a felony.

NormanPride
7/10/2009, 09:51 AM
OSU has their own merit badge system, or at least they used to - black jerseys in practice.

SOMEthing tells me that SOMEbody was :les: bedowngraded [hairGel] from a black jersey to a orange jersey these past few days :rolleyes:

Heh. Even the aggots think that orange is a bad color.

allenrayx
7/10/2009, 10:33 AM

im a eagle scout and dam proud of it

yermom
7/10/2009, 10:59 AM
um, we've had our share of potheads around...

it's not like this is something you get kicked off the team for, you might miss a game, or not start or something

goingoneight
7/10/2009, 11:28 AM
Two guys getting caught with a tiny bag of weed is like getting a seatbelt ticket... sure, sometimes it's the main reason they pull you over... more often than not something else brought this up. It's pretty clear that cops don't kick in your doors on a hunch that you among millions of others have a little Mary Jane. Probably brought on by two guys doing something else stupid. Not to say they were holding hostages or embezzling money... just people don't magically get busted for a little weed. Probably being too loud at a party or something.

You gotta be on something to enjoy OSU in the first place. ;) Maybe Big Daddy Boone is a pot farmer? :D

Seamus
7/10/2009, 11:40 AM
im a eagle scout and dam proud of it

If you like, I can help you earn that English As a Primary Language Merit Badge. ;)