PDA

View Full Version : I'm thining minor network TV is better than the Big4

stoopified
7/9/2009, 05:31 PM
By this I mean I am finding the last few years that TNT,USA,A&E and lesser networks are producing better shows than ABC,CBS,NBC,Fox.Among the shows I watch on these channels are MONK,ROYAL PAINS,DEAD ZONE(when it was on),SAVING GRACE,RESCUE ME,BURN NOTICE,BREAKING BAD.My guess is that ratings demand isn't as high so the powers that be can take more chances.

I love Burn Notice and Royal Pains is my favorite new show.

Curly Bill
7/9/2009, 05:34 PM
By this I mean I am finding the last few years that TNT,USA,A&E and lesser networks are producing better shows than ABC,CBS,NBC,Fox.Among the shows I watch on these channels are MONK,ROYAL PAINS,DEAD ZONE(when it was on),SAVING GRACE,RESCUE ME,BURN NOTICE,BREAKING BAD.My guess is that ratings demand isn't as high so the powers that be can take more chances.

I'm with ya. I like both those shows & rarely watch network TV anymore.

Gabrielle Anwar from Burn Notice = :hot:

olevetonahill
7/9/2009, 06:11 PM
I just dont watch TeeVee cept fer OU football :D

King Crimson
7/9/2009, 06:19 PM
I just dont watch TeeVee cept fer OU football :D

that's about where i'm at. OU sports, golf, college hoops* and football. netflix, bit torrents.

*i bet i watched as many hoops games last year on espn360 (i get it free since i have a university ISP) as on the actual tv. probably be the same for football this Fall.

John Kochtoston
7/9/2009, 10:45 PM

So much this. And, whenever a big network has a good series, they never commit to it, so folks are afraid to watch it, because they might love a show that gets yanked after 13 episodes. Kings on NBC is a perfect example.

soonerboomer93
7/10/2009, 10:21 AM
or they **** up the good shows

(I'm looking at you Heroes)

JohnnyMack
7/10/2009, 10:26 AM
Between work, travel a 3 year old and a 1 year old I watch very little TV anymore. Sports, news and things on Discovery or History Channel or the Food Network is about it. Single serving shows.