PDA

View Full Version : Uhh...Stupid OU Haters!

jumperstop
7/9/2009, 02:45 PM
Don't read this unless you want to recount OU's recent BCS woes.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/877742.html

All four said we were a bigger bust in the BCS than Ohio State...and looking at the facts, I can't disagree. I just want to win a BCS game. If we win a MNC this year or even just a BCS game, you think people's negative opinions about our team go away?

JLEW1818
7/9/2009, 02:46 PM
I wanna win too.... but in the end idc what people say/think.....

because...

There is only One Oklahoma

badger
7/9/2009, 02:55 PM
You know what would be cool? OU vs tOSU for the national championship... then everyone can joke "Tee hee, maybe they'll find a way to both lose because they've lost so much lately, tee hee." :rolleyes:

It's not like we're getting killed in these games... we lost the Fiesta Bowl by one... we lost the Sugar Bowl by a touchdown... boo hoo. I want to win, yes, but participating in these huge games means we risk losing on a grand stage. So what - big risk, big reward. We'll get it next year.

JLEW1818
7/9/2009, 02:57 PM
If OU wins the national title this year, we are officially the best team of the decade.... book it!

jumperstop
7/9/2009, 03:06 PM
If OU wins the national title this year, we are officially the best team of the decade.... book it!

I don't disagree with that. Instead of people saying that the MNC games we have been in showing how overrated we are, people will say that they show how consistently good we've been, which most of us around these parts already understand.

JLEW1818
7/9/2009, 03:08 PM
yep. the good sports writers understand that too.....

If i only saw Mark May on the street one day..... the things i would want to say. and the things i would want to throw....

He's one of the biggest OU haters on ESPN... Already picked Florida vs Texas... hands down!

Curly Bill
7/9/2009, 03:09 PM
He's one of the biggest OU haters on ESPN... Already picked Florida vs *Texas*... hands down!

Considering both beat us last year why is that a bad pick? :P :D

JLEW1818
7/9/2009, 03:11 PM

Because are defense improved so much!!!! Tech, Missouri, Florida!!!!!

NormanPride
7/9/2009, 03:11 PM
Every year is different, and I think we've been the victims of hype more than tOSU has. tOSU plays in a crappy conference, then gets beat solidly just like the rest of the big 10 in their bowl games. We've had mental issues as well as playing on non-neutral fields. Two championship losses were very close, and one was a freak game where nobody showed up.

JLEW1818
7/9/2009, 03:12 PM
what game was that again.........:confused: ;)

CK Sooner
7/9/2009, 03:13 PM

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg224/120ZEE/thA8066C-md.jpg

Curly Bill
7/9/2009, 03:16 PM
I thought some of ya'll might like me playing the debil's advocate. :D

JLEW1818
7/9/2009, 03:17 PM
one of you photo shop experts get to work please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm474/jlew1818/medium_MarkMay.jpg

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm474/jlew1818/mark-may-00-display.jpg

jumperstop
7/9/2009, 03:17 PM

You're right, both teams are going to be real good next year, so unbiasly not a bad pick. But UF-TX MNC prediction started the instant the OU-UF game finished. It is going to be hard to get to the MNC because if it comes down to us and Texas, they will get the nod because people have been wanting them there for a year. I just hate these preseason predictions affecting what teams get into the BCS games, even though it helped us last year probably. But I guess it is us the fans that keep fueling these preseason polls and prediction.

JLEW1818
7/9/2009, 03:18 PM
no, b/c they will lose to us and poke state..... and even if they beat both of us, they will mess it up to aggy, and even if the beat them, they will lose to Kansas in the big 12 championship.... (oooppppss, did i just reveal my big 12 north champ? hehe)

if texas loses 1 game this year .... just 1 .... they are done... zero national title hope chances, unless a freak 2 way loss thing happens....

Curly Bill
7/9/2009, 03:19 PM
Most of the preseason stuff is ridiculous...

...so I just don't pay attention to it.

Of course a lot of peeps think recruiting rankings and such is ridiculous, and I follow that closely, so...to each their own.

Jacie
7/9/2009, 04:06 PM
Often, sa*et underachieves much more than the reverse is true (and there is no evidence to suggest they have done so even once since Mack took over). I don't mind anyone predicting whorns to win it all. Better for OU to play (and beat) higher ranked teams than lower ones, right? So let Mark and Lou and Kirk and everyone else proclaim this as the Year of the Whorn. We'll see what they got come October . . .

soonerfan28
7/9/2009, 04:14 PM
Say what you want about the BCS games, we've been competitive in every national championship game accept 2004.

yermom
7/9/2009, 04:14 PM
Every year is different, and I think we've been the victims of hype more than tOSU has. tOSU plays in a crappy conference, then gets beat solidly just like the rest of the big 10 in their bowl games. We've had mental issues as well as playing on non-neutral fields. Two championship losses were very close, and one was a freak game where nobody showed up.

until the last 3 games tOSU had pwn3d in the BCS

after 2007 they were 4-2 in BCS games where we were 2-4, both with 1-2 records in BCS championship games

now it's 4-3 and 2-5, 1-2 and 1-3

if they would have beaten LSU or Florida, they'd likely have a claim to team of the decade

as it is, not many teams have been more consistent

yermom
7/9/2009, 04:17 PM
You're right, both teams are going to be real good next year, so unbiasly not a bad pick. But UF-TX MNC prediction started the instant the OU-UF game finished. It is going to be hard to get to the MNC because if it comes down to us and *Texas*, they will get the nod because people have been wanting them there for a year. I just hate these preseason predictions affecting what teams get into the BCS games, even though it helped us last year probably. But I guess it is us the fans that keep fueling these preseason polls and prediction.

meh, the computers will still love us

they still haven't learned how to make an OOC schedule

NormanPride
7/9/2009, 04:28 PM
until the last 3 games tOSU had pwn3d in the BCS

after 2007 they were 4-2 in BCS games where we were 2-4, both with 1-2 records in BCS championship games

now it's 4-3 and 2-5, 1-2 and 1-3

if they would have beaten LSU or Florida, they'd likely have a claim to team of the decade

as it is, not many teams have been more consistent

It's all in matchups, and we've gotten the shaft in every one.

JLEW1818
7/9/2009, 04:32 PM
i can't believe i was cheering at the aggy game... when i was checking my phone and seen that Penn State lost...........(seemed like the right idea at the time)

gotpoi73
7/10/2009, 07:06 PM
mark may is also the dumbass that said tech would beat us and that mizzou would beat us in the big 12 champ.

may=doooosh!

JLEW1818
7/10/2009, 07:09 PM
i can't stand him

BoulderSooner79
7/10/2009, 07:17 PM
Reese Davis got the best dig on Mark May after the USC/OSU last season.

"I'm sad to report that my colleague Mark May has broken both his ankles jumping off the USC bandwagon".

Thank-you, Reese.

JLEW1818
7/10/2009, 07:19 PM
I SO REMEMBER THAT!!!!!!!

Reese Davis and Chris Fowler are the best. good hosts, and don't talk trash.... Mark May is just on ESPN for reasons I can't mention... but i hope LOU knocks him out this year!!!