PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney Rockin' the BOK!

Wishboned
7/8/2009, 10:51 AM
Tickes sales will be announced at 4 PM.

yermom
7/8/2009, 10:52 AM
i missed him when he played the Ford Center. i may try to see him this time. when is the show?

King Crimson
7/8/2009, 10:55 AM
his shows are pretty choreographed and mechanical but it's worth going once.

i saw him in the 90's at Folsom Field, i can't imagine what you'd pay these days to see Paulie.

Wishboned
7/8/2009, 10:56 AM
i missed him when he played the Ford Center. i may try to see him this time. when is the show?

I think it's August 17th.

OklahomaTuba
7/8/2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah, thats one I may just have to go to.

badger
7/8/2009, 11:01 AM
More details here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=298&articleid=20090708_371_0_TheBOK179121)

There's a presser at 4 p.m., so just to be clear, it is NOT officially announced yet, but the rumors have been so blatant for so long that it's apparently one of BOK's worst-kept secrets to-date... although admittedly, the center's only been around for about a year now. :D

OklahomaTuba
7/8/2009, 11:10 AM
Well, its no Eagles, thats for sure.

scotplum
7/8/2009, 11:15 AM
Wow, I just finished making plans (buying airplane tickets) to go to Atlanta to see him August 15th. Wish I had known about this a couple weeks back!!

bri
7/8/2009, 05:25 PM
It'd be worth it if he'd bring MGMT to open for him, but we're probably not cool enough.

ndpruitt03
7/8/2009, 05:32 PM
I may try and go to that.

6NvIn17rIJk

Sooner24
7/8/2009, 11:04 PM
Wife and I saw him at the Ford Center several years ago. At age 67 the only real rockin he may be doing now is this.

http://rockingchairchoices.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/adirondack-rocking-chair-plan.jpg

rainiersooner
7/9/2009, 02:33 AM
Maybe he can buy his songs back from MJ now that his estate needs to pay his debts. During all this adulation for the so called King of Pop, no one has mentioned what a scummer he was when he bought the Beatles library.

StoopTroup
7/9/2009, 10:55 AM
Saw him at Super Bowl XXXVI at the Super Dome.

He's a Beatle. If he's gonna tour...I wish he'd bring Ringo along this time.

As a Beatle Fan...they all have a special place in my heart.

Rock on Sir Paul!

yermom
7/9/2009, 10:59 AM
Maybe he can buy his songs back from MJ now that his estate needs to pay his debts. During all this adulation for the so called King of Pop, no one has mentioned what a scummer he was when he bought the Beatles library.

this was indeed ****ty, as Paul McCartney was the one that told him how important it was to keep the rights to his songs

i'll bet he'd like to say say say things differently in that conversation if he had it to do over again

picasso
7/9/2009, 11:13 PM
I saw the other night that he stayed recently at the Cherokee Spur Ranch. dude said he rolled up in a '86 Bronco. How cool would it be to walk into the bar there and find a Beatle to party with?:)

Tailwind
7/10/2009, 01:48 PM
Pretty dang cool.

Sooner_Havok
7/10/2009, 02:32 PM
Really? 16 posts in...

Fine, I'll say it

Tulsa > OKC

:D

Sooner04
7/10/2009, 02:37 PM
If he sings All My Loving last, I'll leave happy. If he sings All My Loving first I'll leave, happy.

It's all I'll need to hear.

Sooner24
7/10/2009, 11:42 PM
In 2002, at the Ford Center, he sang, Hello Goodbye, Jet, All My Loving, Getting Better, Coming Up, Let Me Roll It, Lonely Road, Driving Rain, Your Loving Flame, Blackbird, Every Night, We Can Work It Out, Mother nature's Son, Vanilla Sky, Carry That Weight' The Fool On The Hill, Here Today, Something, Eleanor Rigby, Here, There and Everywhere,Band On The Run, Back In The USSR, Maybe I'm Amazed, C Moon, My Love, Can't Buy Me Love, Freedom, Live And let Die, Let It Be, Hey Jude, The Long And Winding Road, Lady Madonna, I saw her Standing There, Yesterday, Sgt. Pepper's/The End.

The Back In The U.S Live 2002 CD has all the songs and in the order he sang them.

The only song the I wish he had done in 2002, that he didn't do was "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five" from the Band On The Run album but alas it was not to be.

My Opinion Matters
7/11/2009, 12:25 PM
I'm a huge Beatles fan, but I HATE Paul McCartney. I don't why.

bri
7/11/2009, 12:36 PM
Ticket prices are out. Let's all act shocked that it costs $60 to sit in the rafters.

King Crimson
7/11/2009, 01:02 PM

i'm a Beatles wonk and i have some issues with Paulie then and now, but hey.

when i saw him in the 90's i was kinda disappointed he didn't do Junior's Farm or Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey. other solo stuff sadly not on the set list: Let me Roll It, Another Day or Hi, Hi, Hi. when i saw him it was less a retrospective and more "solo" tour.

XsWufNDJl4M&feature=related

c8pKL85h-qk

w30K1GUpYwI&feature=related

Sooner24
7/11/2009, 02:18 PM

Since he wrote or co-wrote nearly every song and sang lead on 85% of them that is hard to believe.

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2009, 02:21 PM
Since he wrote or co-wrote nearly every song and sang lead on 85% of them that is hard to believe.Almost all of MOM's post are hard to believe.

King Crimson
7/11/2009, 02:38 PM
Since he wrote or co-wrote nearly every song and sang lead on 85% of them that is hard to believe.

Lennon wrote every bit as many tunes as McCartney in the non-co-wrote category and i'll dispute the 85% claim. that's just not true. jus sayin.

Sooner04
7/11/2009, 04:04 PM
Lennon and McCartney actually co-wrote very few songs. We Can Work it Out being one of the true partnership hits. Day in the Life is another (Paul did the bridge).

I think they came up with the Lennon/McCartney deal before they became famous. Any song either wrote for the Beatles the other got half the credit. Yesterday was totally Paul but it's Lennon/McCartney. Hey Jude is another like that.

In My Life was completely Lennon, but it's Lennon/McCartney too (except for Martin's "baroque" bridge).

Basically, whoever sings lead is the guy who wrote the song. Very few instances where that isn't the case. With a Little Help From My Friends was sung by Ringo, but it's a Lennon/McCartney.

The Lennon/McCartney Partnership (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lennon/McCartney)

Thoughts From the BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A5950929)

My Opinion Matters
7/11/2009, 04:48 PM
Almost all of MOM's post are hard to believe.

YOUR FACE is hard to believe.

Sooner24
7/11/2009, 06:03 PM
Lennon and McCartney actually co-wrote very few songs. We Can Work it Out being one of the true partnership hits. Day in the Life is another (Paul did the bridge).

I think they came up with the Lennon/McCartney deal before they became famous. Any song either wrote for the Beatles the other got half the credit. Yesterday was totally Paul but it's Lennon/McCartney. Hey Jude is another like that.

In My Life was completely Lennon, but it's Lennon/McCartney too (except for Martin's "baroque" bridge).

Basically, whoever sings lead is the guy who wrote the song. Very few instances where that isn't the case. With a Little Help From My Friends was sung by Ringo, but it's a Lennon/McCartney.

The Lennon/McCartney Partnership (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lennon/McCartney)

Thoughts From the BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A5950929)

I was just saying co-wrote because that is the way most of the credits list them. I knew they really didn't co-write the majority of the songs.

Paul>John :D

So you going to Dallas or Tulsa?

Sooner24
7/11/2009, 06:06 PM
Lennon wrote every bit as many tunes as McCartney in the non-co-wrote category and i'll dispute the 85% claim. that's just not true. jus sayin.

So what do you think the % would be?

King Crimson
7/11/2009, 06:29 PM
So what do you think the % would be?

much closer to 45/45/10 where 10 is GH. your 15% figure for all the non-McCartney songs is not possible or even really very close.

from Rubber Soul forward Harrison is getting one song per LP side so that, in itself, is 1/6, 1/7ish which is already at minimum 14% for Harrison alone. Lennon is singing the other 1% to Paulie's 85%?

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2009, 06:29 PM
YOUR FACE is hard to believe.ewwww....good one.

OklahomaTuba
7/13/2009, 10:47 AM
Got some sweet tickets just now. Love my shiny silver AMEX.

Wishboned
7/20/2009, 10:33 AM
Got my tickets. I'm in the rafters and I'll be looking at Paul's backside most of the night.

But I got my tickets.