PDA

View Full Version : This is BEFUDDLING

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/8/2009, 12:40 AM
I Still Hate You, Sarah Palin
The Republicans bring a knife to a gunfight, and lose again.

By David Kahane

One of the most terrifying moments of my political life came last summer at the Republican convention in St. Paul. No, I don’t mean seeing John McCain careering around the Xcel Energy Center like Eyegore in Young Frankenstein, his face frozen in a Lon Chaney Sr. rictus grin as he reached across the aisle to his erstwhile friends in the media and got his hand bitten off. Rather, I’m referring to the aftermath of Sarah Palin’s outrageous acceptance speech, which whipped up the Rotary Club delegates into a frenzy of white-boy fury that not even heckling by a brave Code Pink embed could deter. Truly a fascist classic and one that sent shivers down our collectivist spines.

Even worse was the glaze of horror on the phizzes of the assembled heroes of the Mainstream Media. Andrea Mitchell — yes, the very same Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington, whose employer saw no conflict of interest at all when she married then Fed pooh-bah Alan Greenspan — stood there gaping like a frog while the rest of the assembled Finemans and Matthewses and Olbermanns scurried around like roaches when the light gets turned on: What the hell just hit us? For one horrible moment, it looked as if the carefully crafted plans of David Axelrod, Rahm Emanuel, George Soros, and the Second Chief Directorate, first department, of the old KGB were about to gang agley.

Not only were we offended at the sheer effrontery of McCain’s pick: How dare the Republicans proffer this déclassée piece of Wasilla trailer trash whose only claim to fame was that she didn’t exercise her right to choose? Where were her degrees from Smith or Barnard, her internships at PETA, the Brookings Institution, or the Young Pioneers? We were also outraged that the Stupid Party had just nominated a completely unqualified candidate nobody had ever heard of, a first-term governor of Alaska whose previous experience consisted of a small-town mayoralty. As opposed to our guy, Barry Soetoro of Mombasa, Djakarta, and Honolulu, a first-term senator nobody had ever heard of, whose previous experience had been as a state senator (D., Daley Machine) in Illinois. After eight long, illegitimate, lawless years of &*^%BUSH$#@! tyranny, how dare you contest this election?

And so the word went out, from that time and place: Eviscerate Sarah Palin like one of her field-dressed moose. Turn her life upside down. Attack her politics, her background, her educational history. Attack her family. Make fun of her husband, her children. Unleash the noted gynecologist Andrew Sullivan to prove that Palin’s fifth child was really her grandchild. Hit her with everything we have: Maureen Dowd of the New York Times, taking a beer-run break from her quixotic search for Mr. Right to drip venom on Sister Sarah; post-funny comic David Letterman, to joke about her and her daughters on national television; Katie Couric, the anchor nobody watches, to give this Alaskan interloper a taste of life in the big leagues; former New York Times hack Todd “Mr. Dee Dee Myers” Purdum, to act as an instrument of Graydon Carter’s wrath at Vanity Fair. Heck, we even burned her church down. Even after the teleological triumph of The One, the assault had to continue, each blow delivered with our Lefty SneerTM (viz.: Donny Deutsch yesterday on Morning Joe), until Sarah was finished.

You know what? It worked! McCain finally succumbed to his long-standing case of Stockholm Syndrome (“My friends, you have nothing to fear from an Obama presidency”), Tina Fey turned Palin into a see-Russia-from-my-house joke, “conservative” useful idiots like Peggy Noonan and Kathleen Parker hatched her, and finally Sarah cried No más and walked away. If we could, we’d cut off her head and mount it on a wall at Tammany Hall, except there is no more Tammany Hall unless you count Obama’s Tony Rezko–financed home in Chicago. And it took only eight months — heck, Sarah couldn't even have another kid in the time it took us to destroy her. That’s the Chicago way!

Yes, my friends, it’s once again time to quote Sean Connery’s famous speech from The Untouchables, written by David Mamet — the lecture the veteran Chicago cop gives a wet-behind-the-ears Eliot Ness (Kevin Costner, back when he was a movie star) while they sit in a church pew. “You want to get Capone? Here’s how you get him: he pulls a knife, you pull a gun, he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That’s the Chicago way!” If you just think of us — liberal Democrats — as Capone you’ll begin to understand what we’re up to. And we just put one of yours in the morgue.

I don’t know why I’m telling you this, but maybe now you’re beginning to understand the high-stakes game we’re playing here. This ain’t John McCain’s logrolling senatorial club any more. This is a deadly serious attempt to realize the vision of the 1960s and to fundamentally transform the United States of America. This is the fusion of Communist dogma, high ideals, gangster tactics, and a stunning amount of self-loathing. For the first time in history, the patrician class is deliberately selling its own country down the river just to prove a point: that, yes, we can! This country stinks and we won’t be happy until we’ve forced you to admit it.

In other words, stop thinking of the Democratic Party as merely a political party, because it’s much more than that. We’re not just the party of slavery, segregation, secularism, and sedition. Not just the party of Aaron Burr, Boss Tweed, Richard J. Croker, Bull Connor, Chris Dodd, Richard Daley, Bill Ayers, the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, and Emperor Barack Hussein Obama II. Not just the party of Kendall “Agent 202” Myers, the State Department official recruited as a Cuban spy along with his wife during the Carter administration. Rather, think of the Democratic Party as what it really is: a criminal organization masquerading as a political party.

If you had any sense, you would start using our tactics against us. After all, you have a few lawyers on your side. Sue us. File frivolous ethics complaints against all our elected officials until, like Sarah, they go broke from defending themselves. (David Paterson would be a good place to start.) Challenge the constitutionality of BO2’s legion of fill-in-the-blank czars — none of whom have to be confirmed, or even pass a security check. (Come to think of it, neither did Barry.) Let slip your own journalistic dogs of war, assuming you have any, to find Barry’s birth certificate, his college transcripts, whether he applied to Occidental as a foreign student, and on which passport he traveled in 1981 to Pakistan with his friend Wahid Hamid, for starters.

You might also want to think about interviewing New York literary agent Jane Dystel, who a) contacted the totally unknown Obama in the wake of an adulatory New York Times piece in 1990 and b) got him a $125,000 advance for a memoir that c) he couldn’t write, even after a long sojourn in Bali, which d) got the contract canceled, whereupon e) Dystel got him $40,000 from another publisher, following which f) the book finally came out to glowing reviews and g) Obama fired her. Wouldn’t she have an interesting story to tell?

Of course, you won’t. You’re too nice, too enamored of history and tradition to realize that the rules have changed. Remember, I live and work in a town where, “Hello, he lied,” isn’t a joke; we men of the Left are perfectly comfortable lying, cheating, and stealing — hello, Senator Franken! — in order to attain and keep political power. Not for nothing is one of our mottos, “By Any Means Necessary.” You see, we’re the good guys, and for us the ends always justify the means. We are, literally, shameless, which is why Bill Clinton is now a multi-millionaire and Eliot Spitzer is already on the comeback trail.

In Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals, “the fourth rule is: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.” This is the book that “Reset” Rodham (what ever happened to her?) and BHO II grew up reading and continue to live by. If you don’t understand that that’s the way we see you — as the enemy — then you’re too dumb to survive. Remember that for us politics is not just an avocation, or even just a job, but our life. We literally stay awake nights thinking up ways to screw you. And one of the ways we do that is by religiously observing Alinsky’s Rule No. 4.

Did Sarah stand for “family values”? Flay her unwed-mother daughter. Did she represent probity in a notoriously corrupt, one-family state? Spread rumors about FBI investigations. Did she speak with an upper-Midwest twang? Mock it relentlessly on Saturday Night Live. Above all, don’t let her motivate the half of the country that doesn’t want His Serene Highness to bankrupt the nation, align with banana-republic Communist dictators, unilaterally dismantle our missile defenses, and set foot in more mosques than churches since he has become president. We’ve got a suicide cult to run here.

And that’s why Sarah had to go. Whether she understood it or not, she threatened us right down to our most fundamental, meretricious, elitist, sneering, snobbish, insecure, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders bones. She was, after all, a “normal” American, the kind of person (or so I’m told) you meet in flyover country. The kind that worries first about home and hearth and believes in things like motherhood and love of country the way it is, not the way she wants to remake it.

What you clowns need, in other words, is a Rules for Radical Conservatives to explain what you’re up against and teach you how to compete before it’s too late. Luckily, since I care about money even more than I care about politics, I have just such a book in the proposal stage, currently making the rounds of various publishers, assuming any of them are wise enough to take me up on it.

And, yes, this time it really is personal.

— David Kahane is pushing for a new national holiday to commemorate the destruction of Sarah Palin, and is hopeful that his senators, Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein, will co-sponsor it, along with Henry Waxman in the House. You can second the motion at [email protected] or on Facebook.

Crucifax Autumn
7/8/2009, 12:42 AM
I dislike Palin myself, but that's pretty friggin' stupid! I am befuddled by all extremism.

JLEW1818
7/8/2009, 12:43 AM
I'm way to hammered to read this Rush..... but I will probably be in Phoenix within the next year... beer?

Crucifax Autumn
7/8/2009, 12:47 AM
Just one?

7/8/2009, 12:51 AM
I'm way to hammered to read this Rush..... but I will probably be in Phoenix within the next year... beer?I am a sarsparilla guy for the last 25 yrs., but I will gladly sit down with you and watch you heave a XX, or whatever you prefer, whilst I slug a DP...

Crucifax Autumn
7/8/2009, 12:53 AM
No wonder you're always grumpy! ;)

JLEW1818
7/8/2009, 12:55 AM
lol...might as well hit both of your bastards up!!! how far Phoenix from Vegas?

Crucifax Autumn
7/8/2009, 12:58 AM
Close enough for a beer run!

JLEW1818
7/8/2009, 12:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyCPhIjmk-s

= classic !

Crucifax Autumn
7/8/2009, 01:06 AM
48HxE0maUzM

SoonerStormchaser
7/8/2009, 06:52 AM
I'll be in Phoenix for about 2 hours on a layover in September...what do I qualify for? :rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
7/8/2009, 07:35 AM
Karl. Rove.

SoonerBorn68
7/8/2009, 09:50 AM
Really JM? :rolleyes:

The author needs a bat to the back of the head.

Fraggle145
7/8/2009, 10:44 AM
And this couldnt go in the ongoing Palin thread because...?

scotplum
7/8/2009, 11:49 AM
I'm befuddled by the fact that some here don't appear to realize that this is a conservative writing from the point of view of a liberal. It's a parody, no?

GottaHavePride
7/8/2009, 07:54 PM
I think satire is more appropriate than parody. But yes, the guy is a conservative writing with an assumed foaming-at-the-mouth-liberal viewpoint to try to make his point through exaggeration.

If you're reading that as the actual rantings of a foaming at the mouth liberal, well, the joke's on you.

7/8/2009, 08:02 PM
I'm befuddled by the fact that some here don't appear to realize that this is a conservative writing from the point of view of a liberal. It's a parody, no?Here's the prior article he wrote, leading up to "I still hate etc." http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=N2YzODI3MGE3OTU0Yjg5ZDY5YmFjZmE3MmFiOWE4ZjQ=

scotplum
7/9/2009, 10:53 AM
Here's the prior article he wrote, leading up to "I still hate etc." http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=N2YzODI3MGE3OTU0Yjg5ZDY5YmFjZmE3MmFiOWE4ZjQ=

You really think a liberal would actually say this about Sarah Palin?

"We hate you because you’re smart and beautiful and we wish we had women like you on our side."

yermom
7/9/2009, 11:10 AM
I'm befuddled by the fact that some here don't appear to realize that this is a conservative writing from the point of view of a liberal. It's a parody, no?

honestly, i couldn't really even follow the ranting and hyperbolic sarcasm or whatever that was, and really didn't care enough to try to figure out if they were for or against the dumb yainch

BEFUDDLING indeed

NYC Poke
7/9/2009, 12:32 PM
Who is David Kahane?

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/9/2009, 12:40 PM
Sounds like someone who might play for Hawaii's football team

Scott D
7/9/2009, 12:50 PM
Who is David Kahane?

he used to post on SF.com as william favor

Sooner98
7/9/2009, 12:50 PM
You really think a liberal would actually say this about Sarah Palin?

"We hate you because you’re smart and beautiful and we wish we had women like you on our side."

In fairness, I can't off the top of my head think of any prominent liberal women who are actually, you know, attractive.

yermom
7/9/2009, 01:06 PM
does Dennis Kucinich's wife count?

7/9/2009, 01:31 PM
honestly, i couldn't really even follow the ranting and hyperbolic sarcasm or whatever that was, and really didn't care enough to try to figure out if they were for or against the dumb yainch

BEFUDDLING indeedThe Christians among us will pray for you.

scotplum
7/9/2009, 01:45 PM
In fairness, I can't off the top of my head think of any prominent liberal women who are actually, you know, attractive.

Ha! You potentially have a point there in regards to active politicians. I can't think of one off the top of my head either.

Curly Bill
7/9/2009, 01:49 PM

Can you think of any that are even heterosexual? :D

scotplum
7/9/2009, 02:00 PM
Who is David Kahane?

It's a pseudonym for an apparent Hollywood scriptwriter who claims to be attempting to explain Hollywood and the thoughts of the hard left:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NjVmM2U5YjYzMjY3NTA4ZDAzNTVkZjE0NjMyY2Y1Mjg=

"David Kahane" was born two years ago to explain the ways of Hollywood and the hard left to those of you on the center-right in a way that is both authentic and, I hope, amusing. Another conservative voice blathering in our echo chamber about the Stalinist conformity of Hollywood would just have been ignored. But every crazy notion that flows from Dave's pen has its foundation is something that someone on the Left is actually thinking or saying, and to judge by the hate mail Kahane gets from lefties who finally have figured out that he's mocking them, the truth hurts.

NYC Poke
7/9/2009, 02:08 PM
It's a pseudonym for an apparent Hollywood scriptwriter who claims to be attempting to explain Hollywood and the thoughts of the hard left:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NjVmM2U5YjYzMjY3NTA4ZDAzNTVkZjE0NjMyY2Y1Mjg=

"David Kahane" was born two years ago to explain the ways of Hollywood and the hard left to those of you on the center-right in a way that is both authentic and, I hope, amusing. Another conservative voice blathering in our echo chamber about the Stalinist conformity of Hollywood would just have been ignored. But every crazy notion that flows from Dave's pen has its foundation is something that someone on the Left is actually thinking or saying, and to judge by the hate mail Kahane gets from lefties who finally have figured out that he's mocking them, the truth hurts.

LAS?

My Opinion Matters
7/9/2009, 02:32 PM
Has anyone ever thought that perhaps the reason Sarah Palin was portrayed in the media as a ridiculous bad joke, is because, she is in fact, a ridiculous bad joke?

Curly Bill
7/9/2009, 02:35 PM
Has anyone ever thought that perhaps the reason Sarah Palin was portrayed in the media as a ridiculous bad joke, is because, she is in fact, a ridiculous bad joke?

Damn Rachel, that was funny....

...or is this Keith?

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/9/2009, 02:42 PM
Can't be Keith..he is too busy sucking Obama's Presidential Nutsack

Curly Bill
7/9/2009, 02:43 PM
Can't be Keith..he is too busy sucking Obama's Presidential Nutsack

Good point. :D

SoonerProphet
7/10/2009, 09:43 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=718MDpGZMkE

7/10/2009, 03:44 PM
Sounds about right http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hz2am90Hk

TUSooner
7/10/2009, 03:53 PM

BEFUDDLING indeed

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't even stand to read the whole thing. All I know for sure is that whoever wrote it is way too full of himself and his illusion of cleverness.

Sooner_Havok
7/10/2009, 03:53 PM
The Christians among us will pray for you.

heh, that reminds me of a Megadeth song

7/10/2009, 04:55 PM
My thoughts exactly. I couldn't even stand to read the whole thing. All I know for sure is that whoever wrote it is way too full of himself and his illusion of cleverness.Did you read it?

Sooner_Havok
7/10/2009, 04:58 PM
My thoughts exactly. I couldn't even stand to read the whole thing. All I know for sure is that whoever wrote it is way too full of himself and his illusion of cleverness.

Did you read it?

Did you read his post? He said he didn't read it. Douch3 Bag :rolleyes:

The Remnant
7/10/2009, 05:44 PM
Now that W is no longer president, Palin jokes will supplant W jokes so stupid people can feel better about their predicament.

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2009, 05:48 PM
Now that W is no longer president, Palin jokes will supplant W jokes so stupid people can feel better about their predicament.

Somewhere, John McCain just wiped a proud tear from his eye....

The Remnant
7/10/2009, 05:54 PM
Somewhere, someone who can't even locate Alaska on a map is laughing at a Sarah Palin joke.

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2009, 05:57 PM
Sarah Palin is the joke, keep up!

The Remnant
7/10/2009, 06:00 PM
Ignorance is bliss isn't it?

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2009, 06:05 PM
Ignorance is bliss isn't it?

There you go! That's how you show emotion. I guess somebody finally checked the batteries in your shock collar.

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2009, 06:06 PM
After rereading my comments, I realize I made a mistake here. Which is why I'd like to apologize to The Remnant because no one deserves to be smoked like that.

Friends?

TUSooner
7/10/2009, 06:09 PM
Did you read it?

I gave it a shot, but it was too much trouble. He was too clever by half, so I don't even know what his point was.. beside "look at me!!!"

The Remnant
7/10/2009, 06:14 PM
KC//CRIMSON, I didn't know that I was showing emotion, just stating my opinion. If somebody wants to bash Palin on the issues, more power to you. Personal attacks , however, cheapens the argument. I apologize for my last remark for that reason. We can agree to disagree.

JohnnyMack
7/10/2009, 06:36 PM
Palin was unprepared for the position she was thrust into. She
might have made a decent VP candidate in 2012.

The Remnant
7/10/2009, 06:40 PM
I agree Johnny *Mack*, but very few people bring up the fact that Nancy Pelosi is third-in-line to the Presidency. That is enough to tighten up anybody's sphincter muscle. I'd take Palin over Pelosi anyday.

JohnnyMack
7/10/2009, 07:06 PM
Let's say she is in her second term as governor. She's not dealing with the Trig (is it her kid?) and the wedlock, teengaged daughter situation might have gone differently had the public spotlight not been so severe. She gets lined up with a more competent Presidential running mate who wasn't up against the inevitability of a Donk win. She's able to attack an incumbent potus who hasn't sold the middle of the road independent voters instead of trying to flee from the aura of an unpopular sitting president. I'm not saying I would vote for her, but if the extraneous variables hadn't lined up the way they had, I can see her charm and conservative message resonating more effectively.

7/10/2009, 08:50 PM
I gave it a shot, but it was too much trouble. He was too clever by half, so I don't even know what his point was.. beside "look at me!!!"if you thought about it, you might get the gist of his points, but still, a lack of hostility in your response that is refreshing. You must be in a good mood. Well, it IS friday night.

tommieharris91
7/10/2009, 10:49 PM
I agree Johnny **Mack**, but very few people bring up the fact that Nancy Pelosi is third-in-line to the Presidency. That is enough to tighten up anybody's sphincter muscle. I'd take Palin over Pelosi anyday.

Ohh hell, I think a lot of people hold Biden and Palin in about the same regard.

Scott D
7/10/2009, 10:49 PM
I agree Johnny **Mack**, but very few people bring up the fact that Nancy Pelosi is third-in-line to the Presidency. That is enough to tighten up anybody's sphincter muscle. I'd take Palin over Pelosi anyday.

That's like saying you'd take a broken rectal thermometer up your *** over an alien anal probe...neither are too desirable to a logical person.

Frozen Sooner
7/10/2009, 11:23 PM
The Odd Lies Of Sarah Palin: A Round-Up

Some readers have asked me to put all the various odd lies of Sarah Palin that the Dish has compiled in one helpful place. So that's what we've done. A couple of months ago, I asked an intern to re-fact-check all of them to make sure new details hadn't emerged that might debunk some. And I also asked to get any subsequent statements by Palin that acknowledged that she had erred in any of these statements that are easily rebuttable by facts in the public record and apologized and corrected. She has not. Since this was a vast project over the last ten months, it's possible there are some nuances or errors that need fixing. Please tell us if you find one and we'll acknowledge and fix. But it has been put through the ringer a few times.

After you have read these, ask yourself: what wouldn't Sarah Palin lie about if she felt she had to?

Palin lied when she said the dismissal of her public safety commissioner, Walt Monegan, had nothing to do with his refusal to fire state trooper Mike Wooten; in fact, the Branchflower Report concluded that she repeatedly abused her power when dealing with both men.

Palin lied when she repeatedly claimed to have said, "Thanks, but no thanks" to the Bridge to Nowhere; in fact, she openly campaigned for the federal project when running for governor.

Palin lied when she denied that Wasilla's police chief and librarian had been fired; in fact, both were given letters of termination the previous day.

Palin lied when she wrote in the NYT that a comprehensive review by Alaska wildlife officials showed that polar bears were not endangered; in fact, email correspondence between those scientists showed the opposite.

Palin lied when she claimed in her convention speech that an oil gas pipeline "began" under her guidance; in fact, the pipeline was years from breaking ground, if at all.

Palin lied when she told Charlie Gibson that she does not pass judgment on gay people; in fact, she opposes all rights between gay spouses and belongs to a church that promotes conversion therapy.

Palin lied when she denied having said that humans do not contribute to climate change; in fact, she had previously proclaimed that human activity was not to blame.

Palin lied when she claimed that Alaska produces 20 percent of the country's domestic energy supply; in fact, the actual figures, based on any interpretation of her words, are much, much lower.

Palin lied when she told voters she improvised her convention speech when her teleprompter stopped working properly; in fact, all reports showed that the machine had functioned perfectly and that her speech had closely followed the script.

Palin lied when she recalled asking her daughters to vote on whether she should accept the VP offer; in fact, her story contradicts details given by her husband, the McCain campaign, and even Palin herself. (She later added another version.)

Palin lied when she claimed to have taken a voluntary pay cut as mayor; in fact, as councilmember she had voted against a raise for the mayor, but subsequent raises had taken effect by the time she was mayor.

Palin lied when she insisted that Wooten's divorce proceedings had caused his confidential records to become public; in fact, court officials confirmed they released no such records.

Palin lied when she suggested to Katie Couric that she was involved in trade missions with Russia; in fact, she has never even met with Russian officials.

Palin lied when she told Shimon Peres that the only flag in her office was the Israeli flag; in fact, she has several flags.

Palin lied when she claimed to have tried to divest government funds from Sudan; in fact, her administration openly opposed a bill that would have done just that.

Palin lied when she repeatedly claimed that troop levels in Iraq were back to pre-surge levels; in fact, even she acknowledged her "misstatements," though she refused to retract or apologize.

Palin lied when she insisted that the Branchflower Report "showed there was no unlawful or unethical activity on my part"; in fact, that report prominently stated, "Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act."

Palin lied when she claimed to have voiced concerns over Wooten fearing he would harm her family; in fact, she actually decreased her security detail during that period.

Palin lied when asked about the $150,000 worth of clothes provided by the RNC; in fact, solid reporting contradicted several parts of her statement.

Palin lied when she suggested that she had offered the media proof of her pregnancy with Trig to "correct the record"; in fact, no reports of her medical records were ever published; and the letter from her doctor testifying to her good health only emerged hours before polling ended on election day, even though there was nothing in it that couldn't have been released two months earlier.

Palin lied when she said that "reported" allegations of her banning Harry Potter as mayor was easily refutable because it had not even been written yet; in fact, the first book in that series was published in 1998 - two years into her first term - and such rumors were never reported by the media, only circulated as emails.

Palin lied when she denied having participated in a clothes audit with campaign laywers; in fact, the Washington Times later confirmed those details.

Palin lied when asked about Couric's question regarding her reading habits; in fact, Couric's words were not, "What do you read up there in Alaska?" or anything close to condescension.

Palin lied when she mischaracterized the "$1200 check" given to Alaskans as the permanent fund dividend check; in fact, that fund had yielded $2,069 per person, and she claimed otherwise to obscure the fact that Alaskans also received a $1200 rebate check from a windfall profits tax on oil companies - a tax widely criticized by Republicans.

Palin lied when she claimed to be unaware of a turkey being slaughtered behind her during a filmed interview; in fact, the cameraman said she had picked the spot herself, while the slaughter was underway.

Palin lied when she denied having rejected federal stimulus money; in fact, she continued to accept and reject the funds several times.

Palin lied when she claimed that legislative leaders had canceled a meeting with her to hold their own press conference; in fact, they only canceled it after being told she would not participate, and the purpose of the press conference was very different from the meeting's.

Palin lied when she announced on the news that she never holds closed-door meetings; in fact, she had just attended a closed-door meeting with the legislature earlier that day.

Palin lied when she said that former aide John Bitney's "amicable" departure was for "personal" reasons; in fact, Bitney said he was fired because of his relationship with the wife of Palin's friend, plus a Palin spokesperson later claimed "poor job performance" for his firing - without elaborating.

Palin lied when she said she kept her running injury a secret on the campaign trail; in fact, her bandaged hand was clearly visible in photographs and the story was widely talked about.

Palin lied when she claimed that Alaska has spent "millions of dollars" on litigation related to her ethics complaints; in fact, that figure is much, much lower, and she had initiated the most expensive inquiry.

Palin lied when she denied that the Alaska Independence Party supports secession and denied that her husband had been a member; in fact, even the McCain campaign noted that the party's very existence is based on secession and that Todd was a member for seven years.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2009/07/the-odd-lies-of-sarah-palin-a-roundup.html

The original posting includes hyperlinks to documentation of why Sarah's pronouncements are at odds with reality.

Soonerus
7/10/2009, 11:25 PM
Darn...

Frozen Sooner
7/10/2009, 11:28 PM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/310/story/71675.html
A $30,000 an hour attorney? Palin report overstates inquiries' costs

By Sean Cockerham | Anchorage Daily News

There's some double counting and other problems with a spreadsheet outlining $1.9 million in state costs for ethics complaints, public records requests and lawsuits directed at Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

The administrative director in the governor's office, Linda Perez, conceded that some costs were counted twice and said "the total cost is overstated by $26,849." She said she missed that the Department of Law's updated numbers included costs that were already counted.

"It was my error . . . mea culpa," said Perez, who has worked for governors of both parties since the 1980s.

Perez said she's going to ask the Department of Law about some other puzzling parts of the spreadsheet, including a line item that says 0.3 attorney hours added up to $10,063 in costs.

That would add up to an attorney billing of over $30,000 an hour, and Perez said the flat billing rate the state uses for its attorneys is $121.98 an hour. Perez said she would check and see what costs beyond the staff time went into that calculation of over $10,000 in costs.

There are also discrepancies between two pages provided by the administration detailing attorney hours on ethics complaints. For example, one sheet lists 119.4 attorney hours adding up to $14,564.41 for work on an ethics complaint, but the other page says it was 13.3 attorney hours adding up to almost the same amount, $14,565, for work on that same "Troopergate" related complaint.

Perez said she'll check with the Department of Law on this.

7/11/2009, 12:23 AM
You guys got her good, Mike. You can rest now, but you won't, prolly til all the republicans are behind bars...or, would that be good enough for you?

Frozen Sooner
7/11/2009, 12:28 AM
Hasn't the person in your signature called liberalism a mental disease? Sounds like someone's projecting on the whole people being put behind bars thing.

7/11/2009, 12:51 AM
Hasn't the person in your signature called liberalism a mental disease? Sounds like someone's projecting on the whole people being put behind bars thing.SnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzYeah, and watch out for those Christians! haha

Crucifax Autumn
7/11/2009, 05:08 AM
I'd worry more about scientologists!

My Opinion Matters
7/11/2009, 12:22 PM
I bet Froze can't even find Alaska on a map.

The Remnant
7/11/2009, 01:05 PM
I am still waiting to hear a Pelosi joke from the lips of Letterman. Palin never really held any great political power. Pelosi does. But I would expect that from Letterman. He voted for McGovern. Michael Savage called liberalism a mental disease.

yermom
7/11/2009, 01:09 PM
that must be where Coulter got it from

The Remnant
7/11/2009, 01:11 PM
Since some on this board have their panties in a wad over corruption, maybe they can illuminate us on Obama's homie, KJ, the mayor of Sacramento and charges of embezzlement. Maybe we could investigate that. Wait a minute. You mean the IG in charge of the case was fired by the Obama Administrtation? No.

yermom
7/11/2009, 01:13 PM
the corruption is just icing on the moronic cake

7/11/2009, 01:16 PM
the corruption is just icing on the socialist cakefixed

KC//CRIMSON
7/11/2009, 01:33 PM
I bet Froze can't even find Alaska on a map.

Or see Russia from his doorstep.

yermom
7/11/2009, 01:40 PM
ooh, look something shiny!

(please stop talking about Palin's stupidity)

Obama being a corrupt socialist still doesn't fix Palin's stupid

7/11/2009, 01:51 PM
Obama being a corrupt socialist still doesn't fix Palin's stupidLook, we know, ALL conservatives are stupid. You guys get a lot of votes appealing to the stupid element by pounding that drumbeat. We get it.

BTW, this thread is about the left's dirty politics, in case you've forgotten. haha

yermom
7/11/2009, 01:57 PM
i don't think i've ever said anything about McCain or Ron Paul being dumb

The Remnant
7/11/2009, 01:58 PM
Palin will be a private citizen. She will hold no public office at the end of the month. You need to move on. However, now Obama , now that is a different story. Unfortunately, he still has 3 1/2 years left. Here is a guy who once said that we have 57 states. Or giving an opinion on abortion is above his pay grade. Or, who said if we pass stimilus I, the unemployment rate won't go above 8%. Or, who once to pass cap-and-trade that has been an utter disaster in Spain and New Zealand.

7/11/2009, 02:09 PM
i don't think i've ever said anything about McCain or Ron Paul being dumbNow, that IS funny. McCain's only a part-time conservative, and Paul is an isolationist. Romney is a dolt, isn't he? Reagan...my gawd, he was as stupid as a bucket of nails, and W, hell, he was almost as dumb as Dan Quayle, oh yeah.

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2009, 02:11 PM
Now, that IS funny. McCain's only a part-time conservative, and Paul is an isolationist. Romney is a dolt, isn't he? Reagan...my gawd, he was as stupid as a bucket of nails, and W, hell, he was almost as dumb as Dan Quayle, oh yeah.pwnt:D:D:D:D

7/11/2009, 02:13 PM
Palin will be a private citizen. She will hold no public office at the end of the month. You need to move on. However, now Obama , now that is a different story. Unfortunately, he still has 3 1/2 years left. Here is a guy who once said that we have 57 states. Or giving an opinion on abortion is above his pay grade. Or, who said if we pass stimilus I, the unemployment rate won't go above 8%. Or, who once to pass cap-and-trade that has been an utter disaster in Spain and New Zealand.What comes first, the stupid, the evil, or the socialism?

yermom
7/11/2009, 02:21 PM
Palin will be a private citizen. She will hold no public office at the end of the month. You need to move on. However, now Obama , now that is a different story. Unfortunately, he still has 3 1/2 years left. Here is a guy who once said that we have 57 states. Or giving an opinion on abortion is above his pay grade. Or, who said if we pass stimilus I, the unemployment rate won't go above 8%. Or, who once to pass cap-and-trade that has been an utter disaster in Spain and New Zealand.

i doubt we have seen the last of her. and if she is such a non-issue, why do you guys keep defending her so?

and Obama isn't my guy. i was pretty happy to see someone not W or Hilary in office

7/11/2009, 02:28 PM
i doubt we have seen the last of her. and if she is such a non-issue, why do you guys keep defending her so?

We abhor the left's dirty, dishonest behavior/politics. It has caused the economic disaster we are now ALL involved in.

Frozen Sooner
7/11/2009, 02:40 PM
What comes first, the stupid or the socialism?

Once you become a socialist, I guess we'll know.

7/11/2009, 02:46 PM
Once you become a socialist, I guess we'll know.How did you get that job at ACORN?

Frozen Sooner
7/11/2009, 02:52 PM
How did you get that job at ACORN?

Same way you got the job mopping floors at the Chicken Ranch.

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2009, 03:01 PM
Same way you got the job mopping floors at the Chicken Ranch.wow.

The Remnant
7/11/2009, 03:01 PM
I am not defending her. I agree with some of her positions, however, her resume is a wee bit thin. What irritates me is liberal hypocricy. Our country is in dire straits , and the best that others can do is obsess over Palin's IQ. I am more concerned about high unemployment, massive spending, and a naive, feckless foreign policy. Also, throw in illegal immigration that has bankrupted California.

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2009, 03:02 PM
I am not defending her. I agree with some of her positions, however, her resume is a wee bit thin. What irritates me is liberal hypocricy. Our country is in dire straits , and the best that others can do is obsess over Palin's IQ. I am more concerned about high unemployment, massive spending, and a naive, feckless foreign policy. Also, throw in illegal immigration that has bankrupted California.Cue Juan in 3...2...:D

7/11/2009, 03:16 PM
Same way you got the job mopping floors at the Chicken Ranch.Is this saying you have a problem with ACORN? If so, pls elaborate.

Scott D
7/11/2009, 03:22 PM
I guess Willie Favor has a problem with the Chicken Ranch? If so, pls elaborate.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/11/2009, 03:29 PM
I guess Willie Favor has a problem with the mopping? If so, pls elaborate.

7/11/2009, 04:05 PM
I guess Willie Favor has a problem with the mopping? If so, pls elaborate.I believe he's saying he's not funded by ACORN, or at least doesn't "work for them".

KC//CRIMSON
7/11/2009, 04:05 PM
Same way you got the job mopping floors at the Chicken Ranch.

Boom! Headshot!

soonerloyal
7/11/2009, 04:09 PM
I don't hate Sarah Palin. I don't dislike Sarah Palin.

I don't even think about Sarah Palin unless somebody brings her up, and then I think, "Oh yeah, the former Gov. of Alaska that ran with McCain."

Honestly, some people making a big flap over somebody that doesn't even register as important enough to waste a minute thinking on - hilarious.

Scott D
7/11/2009, 04:13 PM
and here all this time I never knew that the University of Alabama Law School was funded by ACORN...how could we all have been so blind? ;)

7/12/2009, 01:52 AM
and here all this time I never knew that the University of Alabama Law School was funded by ACORN...how could we all have been so blind? ;)Up until the $5 Billion(or is it $8Billion?)given to ACORN in the Porkulus, it might not have been.

Crucifax Autumn
7/12/2009, 02:01 AM
I give all my spare cash to PECAN

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/12/2009, 04:53 AM
What do they call Brazil Nuts in Brazil?

Scott D
7/12/2009, 11:16 AM
Up until the $5 Billion(or is it $8Billion?)given to ACORN in the Porkulus, it might not have been.

I'm not sure what you are getting at with Mike Rich. I think everyone would appreciate if you would elaborate pls.