PDA

View Full Version : Now I know how the Longhorns feel...

setem
7/7/2009, 12:47 PM
I know this is not football related but it fits to a certain extent. Over the weekend I took my team to a baseball tournament in Kansas. It was a pool style tournament with the top 2 from each pool getting into the championship round. We opened up with a 5-1 win over Topeka and then we played Great Bend in the 2nd game. We blew a 6 run lead and ended up losing 9-8. We win the next game 9-6. Causing a 3-way tie with Topeka, Great Bend and our team. The tie breaker was head 2 head then runs allowed. Well Topeka gave up the least runs so they got 1st in the pool, GB got 2nd and we got 3rd. We out scored everyone in the tournament in all of our games(I know we had a loss). So my guys and our high octane offense got held out of the ship because of 1 run(the difference between us and Great Bend). Had we held our opponent to 2 runs in our final pool game we would have been 1st. If we held them to 5 runs we would have been 2nd. We won our Sunday games and went 4-1 in the tournament. We got the Consolation Championship aka 5th place aka the **** Bowl(my players came up with that one). The 2nd place team had 2 losses and so did the 3rd and 4th place teams. We scored 42 runs over the weekend and that was with Wood bats, sorry I failed to mention that.

We play by the rules so it was fair but it sucks that my guys had to sit there and watch less than stellar teams play for what they believed was theirs.(OU is not less than stellar, just using the comparison) It hurt to tell them they were missing out on the title because of 1 run. What stung the most was that the Kansas folk never even gave us a thanks for playing it was just a screw you and see you next year. We are playing for bigger things though so a tournament title is not on our goals list but it would have been nice. We will send them a nice post card when we are playing for our state championship and possibly a national title.

I think I have posted once or twice since my mom passed away, so it feels good to be truly back. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at the TG's this year and thank you to everyone who sent their kind words in my time of need. Baseball has been helpful but my mom was our biggest fan and now that we are rolling along it sucks she is not here to see us playing like champions.

Thanks again and BOOMER SOONER!

OKLA21FAN
7/7/2009, 01:02 PM
Take that consolation trophy to the trophy shop and get some *s on the face plates. :pop:

StoopTroup
7/7/2009, 01:05 PM
Glad your doing OK Setem.

Collier11
7/7/2009, 01:12 PM
I know this is not football related but it fits to a certain extent. Over the weekend I took my team to a baseball tournament in Kansas. It was a pool style tournament with the top 2 from each pool getting into the championship round. We opened up with a 5-1 win over Topeka and then we played Great Bend in the 2nd game. We blew a 6 run lead and ended up losing 9-8. We win the next game 9-6. Causing a 3-way tie with Topeka, Great Bend and our team. The tie breaker was head 2 head then runs allowed. Well Topeka gave up the least runs so they got 1st in the pool, GB got 2nd and we got 3rd. We out scored everyone in the tournament in all of our games(I know we had a loss). So my guys and our high octane offense got held out of the ship because of 1 run(the difference between us and Great Bend). Had we held our opponent to 2 runs in our final pool game we would have been 1st. If we held them to 5 runs we would have been 2nd. We won our Sunday games and went 4-1 in the tournament. We got the Consolation Championship aka 5th place aka the **** Bowl(my players came up with that one). The 2nd place team had 2 losses and so did the 3rd and 4th place teams. We scored 42 runs over the weekend and that was with Wood bats, sorry I failed to mention that.

We play by the rules so it was fair but it sucks that my guys had to sit there and watch less than stellar teams play for what they believed was theirs.(OU is not less than stellar, just using the comparison) It hurt to tell them they were missing out on the title because of 1 run. What stung the most was that the Kansas folk never even gave us a thanks for playing it was just a screw you and see you next year. We are playing for bigger things though so a tournament title is not on our goals list but it would have been nice. We will send them a nice post card when we are playing for our state championship and possibly a national title.

I think I have posted once or twice since my mom passed away, so it feels good to be truly back. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at the TG's this year and thank you to everyone who sent their kind words in my time of need. Baseball has been helpful but my mom was our biggest fan and now that we are rolling along it sucks she is not here to see us playing like champions.

Thanks again and BOOMER SOONER!

Did not know that your mom passed away, im truly sorry to hear that. I hope coaching, football season, making videos, or all the other stuff you do help you get through it.

On the topic, sometimes the rules suck but if the rules are clearly stated before the competition starts then there are no excuses and no gripes honestly

If OU had been left out last year I would have been pissed but thats the way it goes sometimes and you just have to deal with it, not cry about it for weeks upon months like texas

NormanPride
7/7/2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah, glad to hear you're getting along well...

And unless you fly banners over their next games and complain to the commissioner and the press, you don't REALLY know how the whorns felt. :D

Seamus
7/7/2009, 01:24 PM
Sorry to hear about your mother. Godspeed, bro ...

setem
7/7/2009, 01:26 PM
HAHA! Not gonna fly any banners or go pissing and moaning to the Kansas Legion. I'm gonna complain, but rules are rules gotta play by them.

I have a feeling this year's video is gonna be special!

unbiasedtruth
7/8/2009, 04:11 AM
Don't worry setem.... she is seeing you play and win.... she just has the best seat in the house for it.....

stoopified
7/9/2009, 05:00 PM
Setem I do truly share your pain over losing your Mother.I lost my Mom this past January.

olevetonahill
7/9/2009, 05:09 PM
Setem , If I didn't give Condolences when I read about yer Mom then I am sorry. But I will give em here now .:(

Now as to yer thread title "Now I know how the Long*horns* feel..."

I dont have a clue as to how it feels to be a Nutless wonder:D