PDA

View Full Version : living in Norman

sendbaht
7/7/2009, 06:52 AM
Hi,
I'm retired and living in Thailand. I really miss OU sports and watching college
ball on TV. I listen to each OU game on the net but NOTHING like going live to a OU game.

So, I was thinking of purchasing a duplex and triplex in Norman. This way
my wife and I could live in Norman for 4/6 months a year and 6 months or so in Thailand. We would rent out the other 2 units and have no rent to pay and
maybe a positive cash flow to pay for all utilities.

This would work of course by paying cash for the triplex. Also, wife and I could get some sort of part time
job if we wanted to add some $ to the retirement till.

The question is hows the rental market in Norman? Most places fill up if the place is clean and not over priced?

Anything you might add would be great.

Thanks, Go Sooners

OUHOMER
7/7/2009, 07:19 AM
Norman is booming, you should not have a problem renting. I have a friend who has a few rental properties in OKC. he has turned them over to a agent who handles most of the transactions from background checks, to collecting the rent, to calling the plumber.

Collier11
7/7/2009, 08:59 AM
I wouldnt suspect that you wouldnt have any issues...I do know there are some condos for sale that you might be able to get ahold of...im sure there are alos some duplexes around town that need purchasing

SteelClip49
7/7/2009, 09:20 AM
Live in Norman for good....we have a Pad Thai you can eat at.

Mjcpr
7/7/2009, 10:32 AM
Have you ever been a motorcycle taxi driver?

Wouldn't you want to live in it at the same time there would be demand for it to be rented.....during the school year?

LoyalFan
7/7/2009, 10:47 AM
Have you ever been a motorcycle taxi driver?

Heh!
Take a Bao for that one!

LF

sendbaht
7/8/2009, 03:37 AM
Thanks OUHOMER sounds like it might work then.

Colloer11, condo would be nice but would not give the cash flow needed.

FmrEmpOUathdept, like you love Thai food.

Mjcpr, maybe I should look into being a Tuk Tuk driver
while in Norman.

LoyalFan, :)

unbiasedtruth
7/8/2009, 04:01 AM
when I was a kid growing up, I could take my .22 and ride my bike from just north of Ole John's Liquor store down McGee Street just past HWY 9 and go shooting all day. Cops never said a word when they saw me....

sendbaht
7/8/2009, 07:24 AM
unbiasedtruth, that is a cool story, thanks for sharing!!!!!
Those were the days....

OklaPony
7/8/2009, 07:54 AM
when I was a kid growing up, I could take my .22 and ride my bike from just north of Ole John's Liquor store down McGee Street just past HWY 9 and go shooting all day. Cops never said a word when they saw me....
Holy crap... we must've been neighbors!

King Crimson
7/8/2009, 08:48 AM
Holy crap... we must've been neighbors!

me too. i remember when there weren't any traffic lights on HWY 9 at 24th, McGee, or Imhoff. we used to go down to the river to shoot at stuff with BB guns or wrist-rockets and ammo by going under HWY 9 at Imhoff though a drainage tunnel and there were some trails and small creeks and ponds that led down to the river bed through what is now all those neighborhoods and the golf course south of HWY 9.

Collier11
7/8/2009, 09:04 AM
^^^ Terrorists!