PDA

View Full Version : They're expecting an extra million folks in downtown LA today

Okla-homey
7/7/2009, 05:31 AM
in and around the memorial festivities for the deceased perverted wierd-o.

I predict this will turn ugly at some point today.

olevetonahill
7/7/2009, 05:34 AM
God I hope not Bro:eek:

Okla-homey
7/7/2009, 05:45 AM
I, myself, plan on building a massive pyre in the backyard and will throw myself upon it in honor of the greatest musician who has ever lived and whose radiance illuminates our lives even unto this day. Oh yes...let's all do that.

walkoffsooner
7/7/2009, 06:09 AM
at least will burn a car

Okla-homey
7/7/2009, 07:03 AM
IMHO, this twisted and bizarre carnivale is a perfect testament to just how wildly out-of-whack our collective national consciousness has become.

Breadburner
7/7/2009, 07:23 AM
IMHO, this twisted and bizarre carnivale is a perfect testament to just how wildly out-of-whack our collective national consciousness has become.

Nail/Head....

Boomer Mooner
7/7/2009, 08:10 AM
I don't know, the Michael Jackson fans I have seen aren't really trouble makers. I guess if someone tries to take cuts in the line he might be beaten around the head and shoulders with a wet noodle. Now that I think on it though, that might actually do physical harm to your typical MJ fan.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/7/2009, 08:12 AM
at least will burn a car

Hopefully an American car...the auto industry could use the pub!

picasso
7/7/2009, 08:12 AM
Thank God I'm not a cop in L.A. anymore.

TUSooner
7/7/2009, 08:24 AM

I couldn't find it on google, but there was a perfect cartoon the other day of a guy watching the MJ hysteria on TV while Neda is dying on the floor behind him.

MJ could be entertaining to many people, obviously, but to me he will always be absolutely the creepiest human being ever.

LoyalFan
7/7/2009, 08:52 AM
in and around the memorial festivities for the deceased perverted wierd-o.

I predict this will turn ugly at some point today.

Sadly, Oh-Aitch, you will likely be proven dead on.
I too, though I sincerely hope we're both mistaken, believe there will be trouble. I'm betting that if any of the miscreants are brought to trial, those that are black will be championed by Jesse Jerkson and Sharpie Al who will state that unfathomable grief drove them to loot, riot, attack others, and perhaps even kill and that, just like the genetic defects that beat the innocent white trucker nearly to death a few years ago (See: The Rodney King Affair,) they should be sent back to the streets as free men and/or women.
The lowest-ranking soldier, sailor, airman, or marine who has given his or her all for what's left of this country deserves more attention and adulation than that pedophilic caricature of a man whose carcass will be worshipped today by the idiotic masses and the equally deranged mainstream media (though FOX NEWS will not be so adoring.)

LF

King Crimson
7/7/2009, 09:44 AM
i don't get it. or want to think about it too much. heck, James Brown and Ray Charles have died in the last 5 or so years. in the long haul of music importance?

Boomer Mooner
7/7/2009, 10:18 AM
The lowest-ranking soldier, sailor, airman, or marine who has given his or her all for what's left of this country deserves more attention and adulation than that pedophilic caricature of a man whose carcass will be worshipped today by the idiotic masses and the equally deranged mainstream media (though FOX NEWS will not be so adoring.)

LF

Agree FOX NEWS may not be as adoring, but they have still dedicated a ton of their airtime to this whole circus. I've been pretty disappointed at their willingness to cash in on the freak show, same as the others...

picasso
7/7/2009, 10:22 AM
i don't get it. or want to think about it too much. heck, James Brown and Ray Charles have died in the last 5 or so years. in the long haul of music importance?

good point. and Sharpton is already calling for an MJ stamp. It only took Elvis 50 years or so to get one.

NormanPride
7/7/2009, 10:29 AM
I really wish I could find some quotes from these "black leaders" regarding MJ back when the kid stuff was happening. Didn't the black community abandon him?

LoyalFan
7/7/2009, 10:40 AM
I really wish I could find some quotes from these "black leaders" regarding MJ back when the kid stuff was happening. Didn't the black community abandon him?

Yep, pretty much. But now there's money to be made, racism to foment, and stores to be looted. In short, halcyon days ahead!
'Sides, why should the lower echelons of that particular society be offended by what he did when the males are more than willing to force themselves on underage victims, to include their own kin.
Before you accuse me of "hate speech" study the numbers re the incidence of teen pregnancies in the black community, many (TOO %&^$@! MANY!) the result of rape, incest, and a general sense of entitlement. (See:"Old enough to bleed...or maybe not...Old enough to butcher.")

LoyalFan
Just another fed-the-farque-up American

LoyalFan
7/7/2009, 10:50 AM
But let us not digress.

LF

Shockwave
7/7/2009, 10:50 AM
Oh great, we'll probably get another repeat of the '92 riots. Why would anyone want to bake in the southern CA sun just to pay homage to the biggest human freakshows of all time. Another bone of contention I have is look at the resources the severly cash-strappedcity of Los Angeles is having to deploy because of this. The frenzy surrounding this sickens me. Where, as a society, did we lose every ounce of common sense? Here's this "alleged" child molester, who is deified upon his "untimely death" b/c he OD'd shooting effin diprivan. Whatever.....

NormanPride
7/7/2009, 10:54 AM
Well, I don't know about any of that stuff, and it doesn't really have anything to do with MJ in this case... But I don't get the sudden adoration, especially since people made a living off of mocking the guy until a few days ago.

LoyalFan
7/7/2009, 11:12 AM
And fuddamo'...You can bet your last can of *Colt*45 that LA and the raped-by-libs and illegals taxpayers of CA will have to eat the costs of this pagan ritual.
Surely you don't think that PedoMan's estate will bear the tariff. You can bet that the promoters (who in the hayul "promotes" a funeral???) will decline when the bill comes due and true racists...(See:Jerkson and Sharpie)...will feign outrage that Monkey Boy's sendoff was not considered a gift to the world and that the sane segment of the world is unwilling to pick up the tab.
I say drop the creep off at the nearest crocodile sanctuary with a cheery "Bon Appetit!"

LF
Mellow sort...sorta.

Position Limit
7/7/2009, 11:15 AM
i, for one am hoping for burning and looting. it would be a perfect end to this whole freakshow. and totally seal that waste of flesh's legacy. besides, the faster this country reaches the bottom, the closer to recovery we will be. every little bit helps. burn that city down.

LoyalFan
7/7/2009, 11:20 AM
i, for one am hoping for burning and looting. it would be a perfect end to this whole freakshow. and totally seal that waste of flesh's legacy. besides, the faster this country reaches the bottom, the closer to recovery we will be. every little bit helps. burn that city down.

Y'know...I think yew haz gots sumpin' there. To add flavor and hasten things along let the melee spill over into the messican and asian gangs' turf as well as into the raghead neighborhoods. Then, with any luck at all, they'll kill enough of each other to make the whole mess worthwhile.
Wow! This is gonna be great!

LF
Mr. Nice Guy...mostly.

Position Limit
7/7/2009, 11:26 AM
Y'know...I think yew haz gots sumpin' there. To add flavor and hasten things along let the melee spill over into the messican and asian gangs' turf as well as into the raghead neighborhoods. Then, with any luck at all, they'll kill enough of each other to make the whole mess worthwhile.
Wow! This is gonna be great!

LF
Mr. Nice Guy...mostly.

yeah. something along those lines. maybe spill over into bev hills or westside. possibly set E! headquarters into one glorious blaze once and for all.

King Crimson
7/7/2009, 11:30 AM
good point. and Sharpton is already calling for an MJ stamp. It only took Elvis 50 years or so to get one.

i heard some quotes from Sharpton on the BBC world service last week. it's my opinion he over-states his case quite a bit.

i suspect all of it has more than a little to do with Thriller being a "take MTV to the next level" watermark for one of the first generations of teenage Americans with disposable $$$ and being isolated as a demographic for the first time really. you have to remember the concept of a "teenager" is only about 40-45 years and it was a marketing concept. now, everyone who bought Thriller and learned to moonwalk are the age where they need to see "their" generation in some kind of overall narrative of historical importance....so they can "war" with the baby boomers for cultural supremacy now that Gen X and Gen Y have their own wars, drugs and fave tunes on commercials for high end automobiles.

LoyalFan
7/7/2009, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=King Crimson;2641493]i heard some quotes from Sharpton on the BBC world service last week. it's my opinion he over-states his case quite a bit.

i suspect all of it has more than a little to do with Thriller being a "take MTV to the next level" watermark for one of the first generations of teenage Americans with disposable $$$ and being isolated as a demographic for the first time really. you have to remember the concept of a "teenager" is only about 40-45 years and it was a marketing concept. now, everyone who bought Thriller and learned to moonwalk are the age where they need to see "their" generation in some kind of overall narrative of historical importance....so they can "war" with the baby boomers for cultural supremacy now that Gen X and Gen Y have their own wars, drugs and fave tunes on commercials for high end automobiles.[/QUOTE\]

Ohhhh...a wise guy, huh?

LF

StoopTroup
7/7/2009, 12:26 PM

I'm OK with them selling a stamp but I hope the stamps are the kind with adhesive already on them. No reason to have people licking them IMO. Then there is the ruckus of which picture to have on the stamp. The MJ as a kid, Thriller pic, Mug shot pic, should there be one where he's more black or more white or does it really matter....????

soonervegas
7/7/2009, 12:47 PM
LA really seems like Hell on earth to me.

No offense LASooner

StoopTroup
7/7/2009, 12:49 PM
You might need to visit Mexico City.

http://www.ucar.edu/news/releases/2006/images/mexico.jpg

tidalmouse
7/7/2009, 12:54 PM
I'd be in favor of the "Mugshot Michael" Stamp.Buy a Book of Stamps with either Celebrity Mugshots or Blotter Acid Art. :pop:

StoopTroup
7/7/2009, 12:56 PM
This one?

http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-200810/8067e93cd1a7f762e2ebb4bd5a50fc1f.jpg

StoopTroup
7/7/2009, 12:59 PM
Buy a Book of Stamps with either Celebrity Mugshots or Blotter Acid Art. :pop:

Such a good idea....

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/4/m/limbaugh_mugshot.jpg

tidalmouse
7/7/2009, 01:05 PM
Two Good Mugshots there.The Nolte Stamp might be 1st Class.:pop:

Sooner_Bob
7/7/2009, 01:08 PM
Good grief . . . who is paying for this?

The city of Los Angeles set up a Web site Tuesday to allow fans to help the city pay for his Staples Center memorial service. Mayor's office spokesman Matt Szabo estimates the service will cost $1.5 million to $4 million.

Sheesh (http://www.newsok.com/michael-jacksons-body-arrives-at-public-memorial-site/article/3383496?widgetOffset0=25&custom_click=lead_story_comments#comment)

LosAngelesSooner
7/7/2009, 01:13 PM

Nail/Head....I thought it was a stupid statement, too, but there's no need to call him NAMES. Sheesh...:pop:

LosAngelesSooner
7/7/2009, 01:17 PM
LA really seems like Hell on earth to me.

No offense LASoonerI encourage everyone to continue thinking that way. In fact, I would recommend nobody ever even VISIT this Hellish place. Save yourselves. I'll live here and suffer living in Los Angeles and California for all of you. It's a nightmare...a goddamn nightmare, I tell you.

Just stay away.

Keep living in Paradise...er...Las Vegas. :texan:

NormanPride
7/7/2009, 01:18 PM
What was stupid about it? Having a multi-million dollar funeral for a dead celebrity that the public has to pay for seems pretty ridiculous to me.

soonerscuba
7/7/2009, 01:23 PM
IMHO, this twisted and bizarre carnivale is a perfect testament to just how wildly out-of-whack our collective national consciousness has become.As opposed to the Valentino, Ruth, or Lennon funerals? I mean, what's your time scale because the idea a large funeral for celebrities whose contribution are purely cultural is neither new, or American. I find the American practice of the funeral home far creepier than MJ's public mourning, I think whether it's a death or a terrorist attack, people find purpose in co-opting other's pain.

Sooner04
7/7/2009, 02:06 PM
It saddens me that people continue to rip Michael Jackson. It's a generational thing, I suppose.

Music seems to mean more to people than any other art. Most people can remember where they were the first time they listened to Billie Jean. It crossed borders, boundaries, languages and dialects. It was universal. At 12-years-old I had one thumb up my butt and the other up my nose. I could barely speak to a girl, let alone look one in the eye. But Michael Jackson? The guy was singing I'll Be There. I'm 27 and I've accomplished nothing in life. At 24 Michael had already wrapped the recordings that made up the album Thriller.

The man was a talent unlike anything we've seen in years. Dance steps he came up with were copied, imitated and dissected by the best in the business for what they were: revolutionary. That's what the man was: an absolute revolutionary.

For my generation, his passing is like losing John Lennon. I'm sure both had more to say, but those voices are now forever silenced. Sure, Michael had problems, but we all do. I respect him for what he was.......a massive talent.

I'm sure some will scoff and say he's a pervert. Whatever.

I'm sure some cried when they heard John Lennon was shot too. I'm sure some just rolled their eyes and said, well, he was a heroin addict. Whatever.

I guess it's a generational thing.

swardboy
7/7/2009, 02:11 PM
Are any of you watching this? My gosh, MJ saved the world! He single-handedly broke down all racial barriers! He made Brooke Shields laugh!

Obama must be jealous of all this black icon love going to the freak....

Petro-Sooner
7/7/2009, 02:12 PM
Hes was a pervert.

Beef
7/7/2009, 02:14 PM
:kelvin: :kelvin: :kelvin: :kelvin: :kelvin: :kelvin: :kelvin: :kelvin: :kelvin:

Beef
7/7/2009, 02:15 PM
:norm: :bfc: :kelvin: :les: :oink: :cry: :rcmad: :chicken: :dolemite:

Beef
7/7/2009, 02:16 PM
:eddie: [hairGel] [hairGel] :eddie: :eddie: [hairGel] :eddie: :meat: SUCCS SUCCS SUCCS

AggieTool
7/7/2009, 02:22 PM
Yep, pretty much. But now there's money to be made, racism to foment, and stores to be looted. In short, halcyon days ahead!
'Sides, why should the lower echelons of that particular society be offended by what he did when the males are more than willing to force themselves on underage victims, to include their own kin.
Before you accuse me of "hate speech" study the numbers re the incidence of teen pregnancies in the black community, many (TOO %&^$@! MANY!) the result of rape, incest, and a general sense of entitlement. (See:"Old enough to bleed...or maybe not...Old enough to butcher.")

LoyalFan
Just another fed-the-farque-up American

We just can't seem to get those black people behaving like we wanna.:mad:

yermom
7/7/2009, 02:27 PM
somewhere along the way after Thriller it all got weird. i was like in 2nd grade when Thriller came out. it was huge. nothing like it since, really.

he hadn't been the Michael Jackson we all loved as kids for a long time

Position Limit
7/7/2009, 02:30 PM
8 year olds dude.

AggieTool
7/7/2009, 02:31 PM
No rioting yet....

Sorry to disappoint.:D

NormanPride
7/7/2009, 02:37 PM
It saddens me that people continue to rip Michael Jackson. It's a generational thing, I suppose.

Music seems to mean more to people than any other art. Most people can remember where they were the first time they listened to Billie Jean. It crossed borders, boundaries, languages and dialects. It was universal. At 12-years-old I had one thumb up my butt and the other up my nose. I could barely speak to a girl, let alone look one in the eye. But Michael Jackson? The guy was singing I'll Be There. I'm 27 and I've accomplished nothing in life. At 24 Michael had already wrapped the recordings that made up the album Thriller.

The man was a talent unlike anything we've seen in years. Dance steps he came up with were copied, imitated and dissected by the best in the business for what they were: revolutionary. That's what the man was: an absolute revolutionary.

For my generation, his passing is like losing John Lennon. I'm sure both had more to say, but those voices are now forever silenced. Sure, Michael had problems, but we all do. I respect him for what he was.......a massive talent.

I'm sure some cried when they heard John Lennon was shot too. I'm sure some just rolled their eyes and said, well, he was a heroin addict. Whatever.

Agreed. So much of how our generation views music was shaped by that man.

He DID go off the deep end, though. He'd always been weird and edgy, but then things just fell apart.

Curly Bill
7/7/2009, 02:39 PM
So much of how our generation views music was shaped by that man.

So, that's what's wrong with you guys?

;)

Position Limit
7/7/2009, 02:39 PM
serious question. when oj simson dies, will his life celebrated in any way? i heard he was a great talent and all. also acquitted of murder. there were massive celebrations after the acquittal. just wondering.

Curly Bill
7/7/2009, 02:40 PM
serious question. when oj simson dies, will his life celebrated in any way? i heard he was a great talent and all. also acquitted of murder. there were massive celebrations after the acquittal. just wondering.

The dude's a hero to a large part of the black community, of course he'll be celebrated.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/7/2009, 02:41 PM
According to Al Sharpton, Michael Jackson is responsible for Obama being president..pretty impressive

CK Sooner
7/7/2009, 02:42 PM
I had to turn it after his daughter spoke while crying. Heartbreaking.

AggieTool
7/7/2009, 02:46 PM
Now there's a bill in congress to honor MJ with a holiday.:mad:

Position Limit
7/7/2009, 02:49 PM

god bless america. is this a great country or what?

CK Sooner
7/7/2009, 02:56 PM

Good.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/7/2009, 03:04 PM
If I get a day off work, I m all for it

Curly Bill
7/7/2009, 03:06 PM
If I get a day off work, I m all for it

You have to like little boys to get MJ day off. :P

TUSooner
7/7/2009, 03:08 PM
god bless america. is this a great country or what?

I'll guess "or what."

TUSooner
7/7/2009, 03:15 PM

I hate it when people try to talk sense around here. It really screws up my agenda. :mad: OK, it is a generational thing. It's not my generation, but I suppose I have to give "his" generation its due. I still say he was weird to the maximum degree, though, and I never was crazy about any of his music, or even his videos, though they were interesting.
Lennon was more my generation, and I was sad when he got murdred. But I thought the public reaction was over the top with him, too. Just saying. My cynicism is timeless. :cool: :P

Editation: And oh yeah, I was sadder over Groucho's death than Elvis's.
Groucho >>>>>>>> Lennon + Elvis + MJ

TUSooner
7/7/2009, 03:21 PM
Might as well try for 3 in a row:

Whatever you can say about MJ, it doesn't change the fact that Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton are two hypocrtical, race-mongering, turds in the national punchbowl.

Curly Bill
7/7/2009, 03:24 PM
Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton are two hypocrtical, race-mongering, turds in the national punchbowl.

Surely this is something we can all agree on.

KC//CRIMSON
7/7/2009, 03:25 PM

I'm not a big MJ fan, but that's a great post. Well done.

TUSooner
7/7/2009, 03:29 PM

Lead.
Balloon.

Sooner04
7/7/2009, 03:36 PM
Whatever you can say about MJ, it doesn't change the fact that Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton are two hypocrtical, race-mongering, turds in the national punchbowl.
Truer words were never spoken. Those guys never miss a chance to get their "agenda" some air time.

SouthFortySooner
7/7/2009, 03:41 PM
He was a squeaky little pip.

bluewcc
7/7/2009, 04:12 PM

Sorry, but I put molesting children in a different category than most of our problems, even shooting heroin. Good riddance.

Sooner04
7/7/2009, 04:15 PM
I must have missed the guilty verdict.

bluewcc
7/7/2009, 04:19 PM
I don't believe the lack of a guilty verdict means he's innocent.

NormanPride
7/7/2009, 04:21 PM
Well, ****. In America it does.

Beef
7/7/2009, 04:33 PM
I don't believe the lack of a guilty verdict means he's innocent.

I'm glad I don't live in your world.

soonervegas
7/7/2009, 04:34 PM
I think Michael made himself an easy target by trying to relive his lost childhood. But I don't think that included sticking his Billie Jean in an 8 tears old's Thriller.

yermom
7/7/2009, 04:37 PM
so OJ was innocent too?

i mean, he wasn't found guilty, but that doesn't mean he didn't do it

i'm not sure he did it either. i kinda lean that he didn't, but he was plenty weird even if he wasn't diddling kids.

The Maestro
7/7/2009, 04:44 PM
I watched it and thought it was well put together from start to finish. I expected a circus, but think it was a nice tribute to someone, whether you liked him or not, was as 04 called him, a revolutionary.

Great words spoken...great song performances...nice show.

Okla-homey
7/7/2009, 04:52 PM

Mebbe it is a generational thing. As such, since MJ and I are of the same generation, my being within a year of his age at death, I think he was a demented perv.

Okla-homey
7/7/2009, 04:54 PM
I must have missed the guilty verdict.

How about the $15M he paid to settle the civil suits brought by people whose children MJ raped?

Sooner04
7/7/2009, 05:02 PM
[shrug]

No doubt he had problems. I just choose to remember his incredible ability as a performer.

I Want You Back just came on the radio. He recorded that at the age of 11. To me, that's beyond incredible. That's what I'll remember and appreciate.

olevetonahill
7/7/2009, 05:04 PM
Is he dead yet ?

PDXsooner
7/7/2009, 05:05 PM
I was just there -- it took me 3 hours to get from LA to Santa Barbara, I would not wish that traffic on anyone.

Scott D
7/7/2009, 05:17 PM
How about the $15M he paid to settle the civil suits brought by people whose children MJ raped?

how about the first one major case that was attempted to be brought against him has said since Jackson passed that his father was looking for an easy payday, and made the kid lie?

Turd_Ferguson
7/7/2009, 05:20 PM
how about the first one major case that was attempted to be brought against him has said since Jackson passed that his father was looking for an easy payday, and made the kid lie?funny they waited until now.:rolleyes:

Scott D
7/7/2009, 05:20 PM
and what a shame I was only 4 when Elvis kicked the bucket. I'd have loved mocking his funeral. I mean c'mon...horse drawn carriage? Was he a head of state?

Scott D
7/7/2009, 05:21 PM
funny they waited until now.:rolleyes:

fair or not, it wasn't really newsworthy until now.

Turd_Ferguson
7/7/2009, 05:29 PM
and what a shame I was only 4 when Elvis kicked the bucket. I'd have loved mocking his funeral. I mean c'mon...horse drawn carriage? Was he a head of state?No, just very respected.

Scott D
7/7/2009, 05:42 PM
No, just very respected.

Not by everyone. I don't respect self loathing painkiller addicts.

yermom
7/7/2009, 05:55 PM
they knew he was going to be MJ's future father-in-law

bluewcc
7/7/2009, 06:05 PM
Not by everyone. I don't respect self loathing painkiller addicts.

I don't either, but even self loathing painkiller addicts are in a totally different category than child molesters, in my opinion.

CK Sooner
7/7/2009, 06:18 PM
I don't either, but even self loathing painkiller addicts are in a totally different category than child molesters, in my opinion.

If the glove does not fit, you must acquit.

Scott D
7/7/2009, 06:20 PM

how different from marrying minors whom you may be related to?

tidalmouse
7/7/2009, 06:23 PM
Has the Deprivan not worn off yet? :pop:

OhU1
7/7/2009, 07:12 PM
Most people can remember where they were the first time they listened to Billie Jean. It crossed borders, boundaries, languages and dialects. It was universal.

Let's see, 9-11, remember that - that sure sucked. Check. JFK assassination, not born yet. Um, Princess Di's death - yep remember where I was then.

Hearing the song Billie Jean? Uh, help me here. In a chair at the dentist office? No that wasn't it. Maybe I was in an elevator between floors? On hold on the telephone? Sorry, I can't place this event. I must be in the minority on this one. ;)

picasso
7/7/2009, 08:21 PM
Please don't forget that as talented as MJ was, he slowly pissed away that talent and his life.

The Remnant
7/7/2009, 08:33 PM
Where have I seen these people before???? You know, the hordes at the Staples Center. Oh yes. Now I remember. It was last August in Denver at the Obama rally. There were tears then , too.

JohnnyMack
7/7/2009, 08:36 PM
Please don't forget that as talented as Elvis was, he slowly pissed away that talent and his life.

Werd.

picasso
7/7/2009, 08:39 PM
Werd.

Well that too but I have no idea what this has to do with Elvis.

Scott D
7/7/2009, 09:09 PM
Because apparently it's ok to not remember him as a teenage cousin marrying fat bloated strung out drug addict who thought that his addiction was ok because he got them from doctors instead of street dealers.

picasso
7/7/2009, 09:12 PM
Because apparently it's ok to not remember him as a teenage cousin marrying fat bloated strung out drug addict who thought that his addiction was ok because he got them from doctors instead of street dealers.

umm the first part was Jerry Lee Lewis. The 2nd part I'll agree was pathetic but he wasn't sleeping with little boys. Sorry but Jacko was beyond sicko.

Good music though, that one time, with that one album. Not the greatest entertainer in the world. Ever.

soonervegas
7/7/2009, 09:35 PM
The Elvis bashing needs to cease, quickly.

How dare you insult royalty....

A Sooner in Texas
7/7/2009, 09:41 PM
Agreed. So much of how our generation views music was shaped by that man.

He DID go off the deep end, though. He'd always been weird and edgy, but then things just fell apart.

He really had NOT always been weird and edgy...He didn't really seem that way until after Bad, when his face started changing and didn't stop. I loved Michael Jackson as a performer - and had the Jackson 5's first album, so yeah, I go way back - but I have no doubt he was a child molester. Yes, I know he was acquitted, but he still paid $25 million to one child, and with his deep pockets, was there really no way his team of lawyers couldn't have gotten him out of that if there was no truth to it?
He was an incredible entertainer, but the Michael Jackson I grew up with and loved has been gone for a very, very long time. I respect his immense talent, but lost my respect for him as a man years ago.

adoniijahsooner
7/7/2009, 09:47 PM
He really had NOT always been weird and edgy...He didn't really seem that way until after Bad, when his face started changing and didn't stop. I loved Michael Jackson as a performer - and had the Jackson 5's first album, so yeah, I go way back - but I have no doubt he was a child molester. Yes, I know he was acquitted, but he still paid $25 million to one child, and with his deep pockets, was there really no way his team of lawyers couldn't have gotten him out of that if there was no truth to it?
He was an incredible entertainer, but the Michael Jackson I grew up with and loved has been gone for a very, very long time. I respect his immense talent, but lost my respect for him as a man years ago.

whats worse,molesting a child, or accepting money from someome who molested your child ? those parents pretty much pimped their child.

swardboy
7/7/2009, 09:48 PM
and what a shame I was only 4 when Elvis kicked the bucket. I'd have loved mocking his funeral. I mean c'mon...horse drawn carriage? Was he a head of state?

I was 24 when Elvis died...there was NO horse-drawn carriage. The hearse and all the cars in the procession were white, which was pretty neat.

MR2-Sooner86
7/7/2009, 11:45 PM
Hey anybody know the difference between Disney films and Michael Jackson?

Disney films can still touch children.

Curly Bill
7/7/2009, 11:54 PM
LOL

Okla-homey
7/8/2009, 06:07 AM
how different from marrying minors whom you may be related to?

Please try to keep your extremely talented southern redneck singers straight. Jerry Lee Lewis married Myra, his young distant cousin. Elvis' wife Priscilla was not related to Elvis. She was born in 1945 and she married Elvis in 1962 when she was 17.

MJ, OTOH, while he too married white women, was apparently not sexually interested in them and appeared to prefer young boys.

Condescending Sooner
7/8/2009, 08:32 AM

Michael was a strung out drug addict AND a child molester. I suppose OJ was innocent as well?

NormanPride
7/8/2009, 10:29 AM
I'm so glad that Elvis is less ****ed up than MJ is.

yermom
7/8/2009, 10:31 AM
it's probably just what happens when you are the "king" of anything

Beef
7/8/2009, 11:51 AM
I suppose OJ was innocent as well?

Of murder? In a criminal court of law, I'm pretty sure he was found innocent.
Of whatever the hell he did in Vegas? I believe he was found guilty.

Michael and OJ were found innocent in a court of law. If anyone on this messageboard has any evidence that would have found them guilty, you should have presented it back when they were on trial. Trials in this country aren't perfect, but that's all we have right now.

NYC Poke
7/8/2009, 12:16 PM

Michael and OJ were found innocent in a court of law. If anyone on this messageboard has any evidence that would have found them guilty, you should have presented it back when they were on trial. Trials in this country aren't perfect, but that's all we have right now.

Nobody is ever found "innocent" in a court of law. They're found "not guilty." Huge difference.

OhU1
7/8/2009, 12:22 PM
Nobody is ever found "innocent" in a court of law. They're found "not guilty." Huge difference.

Exactly, furthermore OJ was found "responsible" for the deaths of Goldman and his wife by a jury in a civil wrongful death case. So in that jury's opinion it was "more likely than not" that OJ hacked up 2 people.

JohnnyMack
7/8/2009, 12:31 PM

You have a pretty mouth.

Scott D
7/8/2009, 01:07 PM
Michael was a strung out drug addict AND a child molester. I suppose OJ was innocent as well?

OJ was guilty as hell. Any district attorney and police department worth a crap could have managed to not bungle things up. But we're talking about the LAPD here.

Scott D
7/8/2009, 01:09 PM

well technically Michael wasn't found anything, since he settled the cases, which in at least the most publicized case was the intent of the parent of the "victim".

But I tell ya, it sure is funny how many people get their panties in a bunch when you talk about a strung out vegas act who died taking a ****...I guess I can see why you attempt to block out the memory of that.

Turd_Ferguson
7/8/2009, 02:25 PM
well technically Michael wasn't found anything, since he settled the cases, which in at least the most publicized case was the intent of the parent of the "victim".

But I tell ya, it sure is funny how many people get their panties in a bunch when you talk about a strung out child molester who died taking a shot of pain killers...I can't see why you'd attempt to block out the memory of that.Work's both ways Bro;)

Position Limit
7/8/2009, 02:35 PM
how talented was MJ really? he did'nt write his songs, he had talented make-up artist, choreographers, sets crews etc. what put him on the map was the VIDEO "thriller". and that was the genius of John Landis. the guy was a junkie and a pederast. what a bunch of dupes. i dont know whether to feel sorrow or contempt for people the worship clowns like this.

CK Sooner
7/8/2009, 02:40 PM
how talented was MJ really? he did'nt write his songs, he had talented make-up artist, choreographers, sets crews etc. what put him on the map was the VIDEO "thriller". and that was the genius of John Landis. the guy was a junkie and a pederast. what a bunch of dupes. i dont know whether to feel sorrow or contempt for people the worship clowns like this.

If it was so easy then why isnt everyone as famous as him?

soonerboomer93
7/8/2009, 02:45 PM

But I tell ya, it sure is funny how many people get their panties in a bunch when you talk about a strung out vegas act who died taking a ****...I guess I can see why you attempt to block out the memory of that.

to be fair, i laugh at both of them

Turd_Ferguson
7/8/2009, 02:48 PM
to be fair, i laugh at both of themYou are now dead to me.

Sooner04
7/8/2009, 02:51 PM
how talented was MJ really? he did'nt write his songs,
Yeah, he did.

NYC Poke
7/8/2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah, he did.

He did, but Quincy Jones arranged and produced pretty much all of his good stuff. QJ was the wizard behind the curtain. Jackson's post-QJ stuff sounds pretty generic.

yermom
7/8/2009, 02:59 PM
plus, he gave us Rashida Jones

http://www.watchingtheoffice.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/Rashida_Jones_b_w.jpg

Scott D
7/8/2009, 03:05 PM
He did, but Quincy Jones arranged and produced pretty much all of his good stuff. QJ was the wizard behind the curtain. Jackson's post-QJ stuff sounds pretty generic.

arranging and producing is just that, it's not songwriting, something MJ had been doing even as far back as the Jackson Five days.

and FWIW, Quincy Jones is a genius who doesn't get enough credit. He's one of the few remaining producers with a strong tie to the BeBop era.

NYC Poke
7/8/2009, 03:11 PM
arranging and producing is just that, it's not songwriting, something MJ had been doing even as far back as the Jackson Five days.

Arranging and producing is key in pop songs. I've heard that Michael wrote by singing into a tape recorder. Taking MJ's moans and whines and turning them into finely crafted pop songs shouldn't be underestimated (not saying you're doing that).

NYC Poke
7/8/2009, 03:12 PM
plus, he gave us Rashida Jones

http://www.watchingtheoffice.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/Rashida_Jones_b_w.jpg

That might be his best work.

OhU1
7/9/2009, 02:29 PM
Taking MJ's moans and whines and turning them into finely crafted pop songs shouldn't be underestimated

:D

olevetonahill
7/9/2009, 02:50 PM
So did any thing Bad go down ?
Other than mj into the ground ?

Curly Bill
7/9/2009, 02:52 PM
I think some cosmetic surgeons and bleach manufacturers have been put out of business.

NYC Poke
7/9/2009, 02:52 PM

I don't think they can put him in the ground. I think there are EPA regs forbidding that. I thought they were going to melt him down for Mattel.

yermom
7/9/2009, 03:37 PM
so children can play with HIM

TUSooner
7/9/2009, 05:12 PM

These endless MJ threads posts have continued; isn't that bad enough?!

I'm effin sick of hearing about the creepy dude, good or bad. I'm even sorry I posted this **** :mad:

olevetonahill
7/9/2009, 05:22 PM
These endless MJ threads posts have continued; isn't that bad enough?!

I'm effin sick of hearing about the creepy dude, good or bad. I'm even sorry I posted this **** :mad:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CK Sooner
7/10/2009, 06:25 PM
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Singer Michael Jackson took more than 10 Xanax pills a night, asking his employees to get the prescription medicine under their names and also personally traveling to doctors' offices in other states to obtain them, said a confidential document from 2004 that CNN obtained Thursday.

bluewcc
7/11/2009, 08:59 PM
I don't respect self loathing painkiller addicts.

But you do respect xanax addicts?

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2009, 09:22 PM
But you do respect xanax addicts?I'm not sure that ScottD respect's anybody.:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/12/2009, 12:40 AM
I'm not sure that ScottD respect's anybody.:D

Except Acorn employees according to Willie Favor

Scott D
7/12/2009, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure that ScottD respect's anybody.:D

Pretty much. :)

Scott D
7/12/2009, 11:25 AM
Except Acorn employees according to Willie Favor

I'm on the payroll according to Willie Favor...which is why I'm fast tracking him to the Clockwork Orange style re-education camps ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/12/2009, 08:17 PM
When you register illegal voters be sure not to use professional football player's names!!!