PDA

View Full Version : Heisman voting?

soonerfan28
7/6/2009, 01:02 PM
Has any team done better in the Heisman voting then OU this decade.
2000 Heupel #2 to Weinke
2003 Jason White a winner
2004 AD #2 behind Leinart
2008 Sam Bradford a winner

USC's
2002 Palmer a winner
2004 Leinart a winner
2005 Bush a winner

I know we'll have to see if Bush gets to keep his but I think we may have the most players this decade finish in the top 2.

SbOrOiNaEnR
7/6/2009, 01:15 PM
I see no reason why Bush wouldn't keep his. The NCAA has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Heisman Trophy. If the Heisman Trust hasn't revoked O.J. Simpson's over the years, they certainly won't revoke Reggie Bush's.

badger
7/6/2009, 01:30 PM
OJ had his problems long after he left SC... Bush Push had the pay-2-play issue while he was supposed to be an amateur student-athlete attending college. You know... classes... getting an education... being a teenager on scholarship?

As for your Heisman debate, remember that Rex Grossman nearly won one for Florida also, so you have Grossman as a finalist for them as well, in addition to Teebz for 2 going on 3.

Much like the Olympics, a single gold medal is better than 20 silvers. USC is No. 1 because of this, OU No. 2.

Jacie
7/6/2009, 03:48 PM
As the only two-time winner, does Archie Griffin get two ballots or one like all the other previous winners?

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 03:48 PM
good question

ashley
7/8/2009, 07:21 AM
ESPN is determined to have Colt win it this year.

badger
7/8/2009, 07:29 AM
ESPN is determined to have *Colt* win it this year.

that's ok... they were determined to have Chase Daniel win last year... until Mizzou lost a lot of key games :D

Knowshon Moreno? His little hurdle maneuver was shown so often that ESPN must have been trying to get that whole Heisman campaign started... and then stopped, when Georgia lost key games.

Preseason Heismans don't matter.