PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cameron Kenney

soonersalesman
7/6/2009, 11:38 AM
I'm stuck here in Denton, Tx. and rely on this board to keep me updated.

I've been reading a lot of information on Cameron Kenney lately and this kid just seems to impress everyone who sees him play (apparently Stoops as well). This kid just seems to have all the tools, work ethic, and intangibles to be a great receiver. Something we really haven't had the last few years. As much as I liked the wideouts last year I just never felt they were going to wow anyone with their skill sets. Solid workmen like receivers.

I know it's hard for even a 4 star juco transfer to come in and make a huge impact but Bradford throwing to this kid in the vertical game just makes me see visions of Murray and company running wild as the opposing defense adjusts tryiing to cover this guy.

What do the regulars feel about this kid.

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 11:44 AM
like you said, JUCO players are hit or miss....

He has college football experience, so that can't hurt, considering we lost 3 senior WRs.

soonerfan28
7/6/2009, 11:45 AM
First thing he needs to worry about is getting familiar w/the playbook and then working on timing w/Sam.

GoOwls
7/6/2009, 01:02 PM
I'm stuck here in Denton, Tx. and rely on this board to keep me updated.

I've been reading a lot of information on Cameron Kenney lately and this kid just seems to impress everyone who sees him play (apparently Stoops as well). This kid just seems to have all the tools, work ethic, and intangibles to be a great receiver. Something we really haven't had the last few years. As much as I liked the wideouts last year I just never felt they were going to wow anyone with their skill sets. Solid workmen like receivers.

I know it's hard for even a 4 star juco transfer to come in and make a huge impact but Bradford throwing to this kid in the vertical game just makes me see visions of Murray and company running wild as the opposing defense adjusts tryiing to cover this guy.

What do the regulars feel about this kid.

He was one of my favorite recruits last year. Great tools for a receiver, PLUS he was a JUCO All-American punter. Some of his vids show him ripping off punts of 75 yards!

BoulderSooner79
7/6/2009, 03:37 PM
I'm hoping for any of the WRs to step up and be stars. Kenney was drawn to OU away from UGA because he recognized what a unique opportunity it would be to play with Bradford. So he has already proven he is smart. Sam has been so accurate and the line provided ample time that receivers just had to run good routes and get a little space. We haven't needed the receivers to go get the ball in tight coverage very often. I suspect Sam will have a little less time and have to throw into tighter spaces this year. I trust the ball will be in the right place and it will be up to the receivers to make the play more often. That's what the NFL is looking for too.

CK Sooner
7/6/2009, 03:40 PM
Brandon Caleb is going to surprise a whole bunch of people.

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 03:47 PM
Brandon Caleb is going to surprise a whole bunch of people.

yah.. someone is going to have to... Broyles will be good.. and JG will take pressure away from another WR.

CK Sooner
7/6/2009, 03:51 PM
Mossis Madu will also take some pressure of our new receivers.

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 03:52 PM
yah, I'm interested to see how that turns out for us... even put him in the I-Formation to screw with the defense some...

MojoRisen
7/6/2009, 03:54 PM
I think we have all the tools we need at Wide Out, getting Kenney made me feel even more confident on our depth and the compeition level to get them better in the fall.

He has 4.4 speed and he is big at 6-2 205 or something.. That is pretty solid in size and speed right there.

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 03:55 PM
yep, and the Tight End guy, number 18!!!