PDA

View Full Version : RIP

olevetonahill
7/6/2009, 10:24 AM
Hope he finds peace now .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090706/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/obit_mcnamara

TUSooner
7/6/2009, 12:16 PM
Sad story, but I think he was a man who tried to do his best in a bad situation.

When I was 12-ish, I figured we would win the Vietnam if we only had a combination of George S. Patton and John Wayne. Sheeeesh, I sure didn't know nuthin. But I was only 12, not running things in DC.

adoniijahsooner
7/6/2009, 01:21 PM
Sad story, but I think he was a man who tried to do his best in a bad situation.

When I was 12-ish, I figured we would win the Vietnam if we only had a combination of George S. Patton and John Wayne. Sheeeesh, I sure didn't know nuthin. But I was only 12, not running things in DC.

When I was 12 i was concerned with football and doing the oochie coochie. The generations really do downgrade over time, huh?

adoniijahsooner
7/6/2009, 01:37 PM
From reading the article, it's pretty sad that even though he tried to make amends for what took place, that people still held that war over his head.

StoopTroup
7/6/2009, 02:55 PM
It wasn't one man's fault yet each man at fault can't be given amnesty for acts not becoming an American IMO.

That goes for any situation past and in the future.

TUSooner
7/6/2009, 04:49 PM
When I was 12 i was concerned with football and doing the oochie coochie. The generations really do downgrade over time, huh?

Nah. I was just a real dull kid. :D Actually, about that time, I had a completely miserable and totally unrequited crush on Conway Twitty's daughter who went to my school.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/6/2009, 05:58 PM
Nah. I was just a real dull kid. :D Actually, about that time, I had a completely miserable and totally unrequited crush on Conway Twitty's daughter who went to my school.

Did you go to U.S. Grant?

StoopTroup
7/6/2009, 06:11 PM
Twitty Titties....lol