PDA

View Full Version : Is the O-line depth chart complete?

soonerfan28
7/6/2009, 10:05 AM
I think with what we've seen of a depth chart at this point the o-line is set barring injuries. The only real battle that I can see is th RT spot between Jones and Brandon. I think the obvious is Simmons and Williams and then Habern at center. Good is probably also set w/one of the JUCO's coming in to compete for the spot. I also think that Vinson will probably RS this year in an attempt to get his weight down and to transition to D-1 ball. Any thoughts?

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/football-depth-chart.html

JLEW1818
7/6/2009, 11:23 AM
I'd say its pretty set.... and that could be a good thing...

soonerfan28
7/6/2009, 08:02 PM
I guess it's set.

IronHorseSooner
7/6/2009, 08:19 PM
With the lesson learned about Big Phil and his weight, red-shirting Vinson (and possibly Alandoye (sp)) might be a good thing. The coaches are saying great things about Jeffries(sp). Again, I think that the coaches are favoring a lean, more athletic line to execute the up-tempo offense. Last year, when the line whiffed on blocks against Texas or FLA, it seemed like they were gassed, and the offense slowed.

ThatGuy65
7/6/2009, 10:31 PM
Cory Brandon will start at RT.

Curly Bill
7/6/2009, 10:35 PM
Until the first snap I'd say it's far from set. That of course doesn't mean that we can't figure out who's likely to start, but too many things can happen between now and then to say things are "set."

GKeeper316
7/7/2009, 06:43 PM
also keep in mind that in the no huddle, linemen are shuffled in and out ever few plays. so a starter is just the first guy out there.

soonerfan28
7/7/2009, 07:36 PM
Cory Brandon will start at RT.

I'm leaning towards Jones, but who knows.

CK Sooner
7/7/2009, 07:41 PM

Why would you say that?

ThatGuy65
7/8/2009, 01:00 AM

Take it to the bank. Brandon will start.

JLEW1818
7/8/2009, 01:05 AM
why not Phil or Duke???? can they not play anymore or something

or vince carter, oh Joseph

CK Sooner
7/8/2009, 01:05 AM
why not Phil or Duke???? can they not play anymore or somthing

My first ban.

JLEW1818
7/8/2009, 01:06 AM
LOL

CK Sooner
7/8/2009, 01:07 AM
:D

OU_Sooners75
7/8/2009, 05:24 AM
also keep in mind that in the no huddle, linemen are shuffled in and out ever few plays. so a starter is just the first guy out there.

HUH....we may have subbed the OL in and out last year...but not on every few plays.

Maybe every 2 or 3 series or so.

And the starters are not just the first guys out there...they are the ones that get the bulk of the plays as long as they are performing well.

MojoRisen
7/8/2009, 09:14 AM
I think we have to see what the Juco guys can do before we say RS.... My guess is that conditioning will be an issue though.

I think between Habern, Good and Brandon - clearly Brandon solidified his spot the most. I think our 2 deep right now is good - hopefully no nagging injuries or anything like that.

Can Jones play either side at Tackle? I would love to go 2 deep on every other couple of series and not miss a beat. That would be sick

soonerfan28
7/8/2009, 12:09 PM
I've heard that Jones could play guard or tackle.

JohnnyDrama
7/8/2009, 11:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Jones can switch over and play guard if necessary, but hopefully that won't be the case. Most likely we'll end up having 3 tackles playing (Trent in all the time with Jones and Brandon rotating like Braxton and Trent did for the last two years) and then we'll play 4 or 5 interior guys depending on how Jeffries does this summer (Good, Habern, Simmons, Lepak are the others). Its not a very experienced group, but they are going to be good enough for us to execute. Our offensive scheme and our skill weapons make their job much easier. The no huddle kills defenses and really wears them out and Bradford and Co really take the pressure off of the young OL. In the spring game while Bradford was in it was like watching a different OL. I don't know if its confidence or he's just that good that they become almost irrelevant, but he really gives the new OL some insurance.

SoonerSoph
7/9/2009, 01:18 PM
I had a class with Cory, he's hilarious and outgoing. I root for OU to do well, but I can't help but hope he gets to start.