PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Steve McNair

Salt City Sooner
7/4/2009, 03:48 PM
WAY too soon:

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair has been killed, a source has confirmed to ESPN.com.

McNair, police said, suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville.

McNair played 13 seasons in the NFL, 11 were with the Tennessee Titans. He played his final two years with the Baltimore Ravens, retiring after the 2007 season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4306275

Harry Beanbag
7/4/2009, 03:49 PM
Wow. We're running out of famous people.

King Crimson
7/4/2009, 03:50 PM
that's messed up.

olevetonahill
7/4/2009, 04:02 PM
RIP

CrimsonJim
7/4/2009, 04:04 PM
That's a real shame.

CK Sooner
7/4/2009, 04:10 PM
RIP

CK Sooner
7/4/2009, 04:12 PM
http://www.officialstevemcnair.com/

JLEW1818
7/4/2009, 04:15 PM
Apartment in Nashville ......

I love yah Steve!!!!! big part of my childhood!

StoopTroup
7/4/2009, 04:40 PM
Wow....

Sounds like someone didn't like him being around thier woman.

Osce0la
7/5/2009, 12:00 AM
This is getting insane...RIP Steve, you were great for the NFL

OU-HSV
7/5/2009, 09:20 AM
RIP

JohnnyMack
7/5/2009, 09:26 AM
I've got a friend who lives in Nashville I talked to yesterday that told me McNair was a know catter-arounder. So. I mean. Whatever.

Okla-homey
7/5/2009, 12:26 PM
McNair found dead of multiple gunshot wounds. 20 y/o gal, McNair's preferred "Dave and Buster's" waitress at the Nashville metro location he was known to frequent, found dead in the same room with a single gunshot wound. Gun found near the chippie. Murder suicide?

Mebbe, but wimmens usually don't shoot themselves to check-out.

Curious. Perhaps a job for Quincy?

soonerfan28
7/6/2009, 10:19 AM
The police are saying two in the head and two in the chest and she had one possibly self inflicted gun shot wound to her head, so I think they're leaning toward murder-suicide. I like the guy regardless.

soonervegas
7/6/2009, 10:37 AM
I like Dave and Buster's......

TheHumanAlphabet
7/6/2009, 10:45 AM
I will go against the flow, sorry he died and all. But you don't need to be hanging your Johnson where it don't belong... Especially a married man with children.

soonerfan28
7/6/2009, 11:43 AM
I will go against the flow, sorry he died and all. But you don't need to be hanging your Johnson where it don't belong... Especially a married man with children.

My only problem is that I think this may overshadow the person he was in the community and on the field. His personal life is just that his personal life. I hope he's not judged by that in the publics eye.

TUSooner
7/6/2009, 12:06 PM
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned
Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."
~William Congreve, 1697

RIP Steve; but really, man, you shoulda kept your bidness at HOME. :(

olevetonahill
7/6/2009, 02:13 PM
Yup I believe the PoPos told this chicks Nephew all about an Ongoing investigation :rolleyes:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-mcnairkilled&prov=ap&type=lgns

StoopTroup
7/6/2009, 02:58 PM
Will it be a Scottish Funeral?

http://mindstation.com/kilts/black_man_kilt_games_hammer.jpg

TUSooner
7/6/2009, 04:45 PM
I should call my buddy, the Police Chief of Nashville and get the inside dope. Our daughters used to play soccer and softball together when he was a high ranking NO cop. But more seriously, I'd never ask him nothin bcs I haven't talked to him in about 6 years. Besides, the news people probably know more than he does. ;)

BTW, I think this is one of those deals where my knowing somebody important makes me a better person that you. :D

olevetonahill
7/6/2009, 04:48 PM
I should call my buddy, the Police Chief of Nashville and get the inside dope. Our daughters used to play soccer and softball together when he was a high ranking NO cop. But more seriously, I'd never ask him nothin bcs I haven't talked to him in about 6 years. Besides, the news people probably know more than he does. ;)

BTW, I think this is one of those deals where my knowing somebody important makes me a better person that you. :D

You bet it does Bro . I bet ya even gots a triple didjit
IQ dont ya ? ;)

bluedogok
7/6/2009, 08:26 PM
You also never know what the marital situation was, maybe they were separated, maybe they had an "agreement". If his residence was Florida as was listed and his wife was living in Mississippi, that may be a sign that the marriage was effectively over. When it comes to big money divorces many move at a glacial pace.