PDA

View Full Version : Andy Roddicks Brother

UberSooner
7/3/2009, 10:50 PM
At the risk of exposing my less than manly sports viewing tendencies, I couldn't help but notice that during Roddicks beat down of the pouty Brit Murray, that Rodicks brother was in his box with full on Sooner garb. Any body know the story? One of the announcers mentioned that his family were Husker fans. Just kinda strange and weirdly awsome to see at the all England Club.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/tennis/06/20/oklahoma.roddick.ap/index.html

Answered my own question. Pretty freakin cool.

RedstickSooner
7/4/2009, 12:19 AM
Wait... You're talking about... Tennis?

I spent a good 30 seconds trying to figure out if those were wrestler nicknames, UFC names, or what.

Ruuuuuufus
7/4/2009, 01:02 AM
here is the soonersports writeup
John Roddick (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-tennis/spec-rel/061909aaa.html)

rainiersooner
7/4/2009, 01:50 AM
during Roddicks beat down of the pouty Brit Murray

Roddick beat him by four points. Hardly a beat down.

Cool to see the crimson and cream represented though.

Seamus
7/4/2009, 03:56 AM
Lad, Murray is a Scotsman. He's in me heart, as are the Sooners.

Congrats to Coach Roddick's brother.

Sláinte,
Seamus

walkoffsooner
7/4/2009, 06:58 AM
sooner's in the finals at wimbleton who would of thunk it

UberSooner
7/4/2009, 07:13 AM
Roddick beat him by four points. Hardly a beat down.

Cool to see the crimson and cream represented though.

With a set in hand. That's beat downish. On second thought, we are talking tennis. Beat down probably is never appropriate in that context. Please excuse my momentary gheyness.

badger
7/4/2009, 07:53 AM
Spoiler: Roddick's bro is the OU tennis coach.

:P

hgarmorer
7/5/2009, 03:08 AM
Maybe Roddick (Andy) will come to his senses and move away from Austin.

UberSooner
7/5/2009, 09:31 PM
Last word on the subject but I thought it was seriously cool that bro had his OU stuff on full display in what was maybe the greatest Wimbledon final ever. I'm diggin this guy already. Now back to football . . . how many days is it?

Bosley
7/5/2009, 09:50 PM
Last word on the subject but I thought it was seriously cool that bro had his OU stuff on full display in what was maybe the greatest Wimbledon final ever. I'm diggin this guy already. Now back to football . . . how many days is it?

When you're the coach of a University Tennis program I imagine getting the recruiting seeds out at every venue possible couldn't hurt.

Hell I'd have brought boomer and sooner with me to sit on each side.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
7/6/2009, 09:09 AM
The only bad thing is too bad he pulled a Chase Daniels while on TV though.

Jay C. Upchurch
7/6/2009, 03:23 PM
He did NOT pull a Chase "Booger" Daniels.... if you watch the video closely, Roddick is already chewing on something, goes to rub his nose and then takes something OFF of his tongue. It's fairly obvious the object in his mouth is exiting and not entering...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5IxpAf_OtA&feature=related