PDA

View Full Version : Couple of ESPN articles about OU/tx

Collier11
7/3/2009, 11:22 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=4297677&sportCat=ncf

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-11-9/Texas-OU-rightfully-ranks-as-the-best-of-Forde-s-2009-rivalries.html

JLEW1818
7/3/2009, 11:32 AM
Upper Hand Today: Texas. Yes, Oklahoma won the divisional tiebreaker, but the Sooners lost the head-to-head contest last fall. And the Longhorns own the more recent national championship.

yet Oklahoma has won the conference the last 3 years. ... yet

jumperstop
7/3/2009, 11:34 AM
Boomer to Bevo: People don't cry over deaths in the family for as long as you guys have cried over the way last season played out.

so true...so true

JLEW1818
7/3/2009, 11:47 AM
lol.. ya i liked it

CrimsonJim
7/3/2009, 12:40 PM
The controversy after Oklahoma leap-frogged the Longhorns to earn their third-straight Big 12 championship still is a festering wound to most Texas fans.

Controversy?

allenrayx
7/3/2009, 12:48 PM
you know.............the controversy surrounding the fact that OU manipulated the computer into giving us the go ahead on the BIG XII title game.........sssssshhhhhhh keep that on the DL the cows still dont know we have that power

CrimsonJim
7/3/2009, 01:33 PM
Ohhhhhh. That controversy. ;)

OUDoc
7/3/2009, 01:48 PM
I knew the first comment about "Dallas coaches liking McGee better than A&M coaches did", but I never heard this part:

"I've always known A&M had great players. The fact that they have the luxury to put a third- or fourth-round draft pick on the bench, to me, identifies what a truly great team they are. … It's an honor for us at Texas Tech to have the opportunity to play them. There are numerous players on our team that will never get a look or play a down in the NFL, so you can imagine how exciting it is for me and them to go play a team the magnitude of Texas A&M and look over there on the bench and see third- and fourth-round draft picks."

BornandBred
7/3/2009, 04:12 PM
I think I'd like to play for Leach. He's my kind of smartass.