PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see Sally Kern in OKC today?

badger
7/2/2009, 01:41 PM
Based on this (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20090702_12_0_hrimgs503529), it sounded like a lot of fun.

Please do share if you were anywhere in the vicinity. :)

JohnnyMack
7/2/2009, 01:44 PM
She should resign.

badger
7/2/2009, 01:45 PM
She should resign.

From your avatar? ;)

OU Adonis
7/2/2009, 01:47 PM
She should resign.

Why? Because you do not agree with her beliefs?

JohnnyMack
7/2/2009, 01:49 PM
Because she's abusing her power.

JohnnyMack
7/2/2009, 01:50 PM
From your avatar? ;)

**** no!!! I'm keeping her around for a while.

soonerscuba
7/2/2009, 01:58 PM
I think at this point she isn't all there mentally, her family should get her some help.

Pricetag
7/2/2009, 01:58 PM
Capt. Pete Norwood of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said protestors did not have a permit to be present. He said no one was arrested, but signs carried by protestors were secured.

"I can't stop them from having a voice without civil disruption," Norwood said. "It would be an embarrassment. I will not embarrass my state."

Do you think he might have snuck in a jab at Mrs. Kern here?

TUSooner
7/2/2009, 02:07 PM
"Talibangelicals"
heh

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 02:15 PM
Why? Because you do not agree with her beliefs?

No. Because she acts like she is represents my beliefs when she says "The People of Oklahoma"

And I think that whole proclamation is crap. I dont agree with a single thing in it. And I am a Person of Okahoma.

Are those things even voted on?

She is an embarrassment to the state.

badger
7/2/2009, 02:19 PM
I'm still waiting to hear if anyone on sf.com actually, by some mere chance, was at the site and got to witness any of this.

Hopefully, it'll be on Youtube shortly. :D

OU Adonis
7/2/2009, 02:22 PM
No. Because she acts like she is represents my beliefs when she says "The People of Oklahoma"

And I think that whole proclamation is crap. I dont agree with a single thing in it. And I am a Person of Okahoma.

Are those things even voted on?

She is an embarrassment to the state.

Thats like saying Obama isn't representing America because I didn't vote for him. I don't agree with most of Obama's decisions and policies, but he does represent the USA.

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 02:47 PM
Thats like saying Obama isn't representing America because I didn't vote for him. I don't agree with most of Obama's decisions and policies, but he does represent the USA.

Right but he is elected by everybody... She isnt. I dont get to vote in her election one way or the other. On top of that she is a state legislator not a federal one. So she really only represents Oklahama City and not the entire people of Oklahoma.

OU Adonis
7/2/2009, 02:51 PM
Right but he is elected by everybody... She isnt. I dont get to vote in her election one way or the other. On top of that she is a state legislator not a federal one. So she really only represents Oklahama City and not the entire people of Oklahoma.

While I understand where you are coming from I don't really agree. Its just a matter of scale in my opinion. We will just have to disagree on this one.

Boarder
7/2/2009, 02:57 PM
Fraggle's correct. Saying Kern represents Oklahoma is like saying President Obama (or that dude from Iran for that matter) represents the world when the Martians land.

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 02:58 PM
The thought police are sure out today!!!

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 03:01 PM
The thought police are sure out today!!!

Pot, this is kettle. You're black.

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 03:03 PM
Pot, this is kettle. You're black.Yeah, I'm not the one calling for someone to resign due to having an opposing opinion.

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I'm not the one calling for someone to resign (Today) due to having an opposing opinion.

FIXED.

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 03:11 PM
BTW, the global warming bullshiat tax bill is about several trillion times worse than anything Sally Kern can do with her stupid little proclamation.

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 03:14 PM
Hello My name is Tuba.

Were you talking about something else objectively and civily?

Dont worry I am here to **** all over that.

Here let me bring up something else that I dont like.

Hmm that didnt work lets try incendiary language...

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Dude you are so tired and predictable. Learn how to have a conversation.

JohnnyMack
7/2/2009, 03:17 PM
Sally Kern shouldn't resign because of her opinion. She should resign because that proclamation is beyond the scope of her elected duties. She's wasting taxpayer money and resources to further her own little crusade which is a clear violation of our state's constitution.

And she's a bigot.

And a raving lunatic.

And she's making our state look like it's populated by mouth breathing troglodytes.

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 03:20 PM
She's wasting taxpayer money and resources to further her own little crusade which is a clear violation of our state's constitution.So basically you're saying she is the Oklahoma version of Obama??

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 03:22 PM
Dude you are so tired and predictable. Learn how to have a conversation.Thats rich, considering how you resort to childish personal insults most of the time.

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 03:24 PM
Thats rich, considering how you resort to childish personal insults most of the time.

You mean they arent dripping with the intelligence of such phrases as the "The squanderer?"

Please teach me Tuba so one day I can hope to make it to your level.

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 03:28 PM
You mean they arent dripping with the intelligence of such phrases as the "The squanderer?"
RAWR!!!

Sooner02
7/2/2009, 03:30 PM
Let's see we have a burgeoning debt that could result in economic collapse, still rising unemployment, an unstable Iran and North Korea, a war with al queda and the taliban, crumbling infrastructure, gridlocked freeways, pay inequities, changing climate just to name a few. And this woman thinks homosexuals are destroying our country? Isn't this the same person who brought a loaded weapon into the state capitol?

Scott D
7/2/2009, 03:30 PM
Call it a proclamation if you want, this thing sounds like nothing more than an amped up petition.

Like it or not, Sally Kern is a funeral protest away from being nothing more than a female Fred Phelps with actual power..limited as it may be.

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 03:31 PM
Let's see we have a burgeoning debt that could result in economic collapse, still rising unemployment, an unstable Iran and North Korea, a war with al queda and the taliban, crumbling infrastructure, gridlocked freeways, pay inequities, changing climate just to name a few. And this woman things homosexuals are destroying our country? Isn't this the same person who brought a loaded weapon into the state capitol?

Twice.

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 03:31 PM
RAWR!!!

RAWR RAWR!! :D

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 03:35 PM
Like it or not, Sally Kern is a funeral protest away from being nothing more than a female Fred Phelps with actual power..limited as it may be.So do you think Al Gore is about like a member of some eco-terrorist group as well? Same difference really.

Scott D
7/2/2009, 03:36 PM
I wasn't aware he was issuing proclamations from a political office he doesn't hold.

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 03:38 PM
I wasn't aware he was issuing proclamations from a political office he doesn't hold.Unless you count the global warming tax BS, which is partly his doing it seems (by his fear-mongering on the issue I mean).

Scott D
7/2/2009, 03:41 PM
so it's only the same if she hadn't tried to issue her trumped up petition..gotcha.

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 03:43 PM
so it's only the same if she hadn't tried to issue her trumped up petition..gotcha.Again, which has more impact on our lives: some non-binding state petition a couple hundred wackos signed off on, or the largest tax increase in the history of the country based on junk science???

Hmmm, I wonder....

Sooner_Havok
7/2/2009, 03:46 PM
Again, which has more impact on our lives: some non-binding state petition a could hundred wackos signed off on, or the largest tax increase in the history of the country based on junk science???

Hmmm, I wonder....

Well, considering the fact that I am going to have two degrees from OKLAHOMA university, and I would like to someday get a job outside of OKLAHOMA, and she is making all OKLAHOMANS look like stark raving lunatics based on her "junk religion" I am going to have to go with Sally Kern.

Scott D
7/2/2009, 03:49 PM
Again, which has more impact on our lives: some non-binding state petition a couple hundred wackos signed off on, or the largest tax increase in the history of the country based on junk science???

Hmmm, I wonder....

On me? the latter. But I'm done with this thread because I got you to admit they are wackos. :)

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 03:50 PM
Again, which has more impact on our lives: some non-binding state petition a couple hundred wackos signed off on, or the largest tax increase in the history of the country based on junk science???

Hmmm, I wonder....

And on what basis do you get off calling it junk science?

JohnnyMack
7/2/2009, 03:50 PM
From the Oklahoma State Constitution:

Section II-5: Public money or property - Use for sectarian purposes.

No public money or property shall ever be appropriated,
applied, donated, or used, directly or indirectly, for the use,
benefit, or support of any sect, church, denomination, or system
of religion, or for the use, benefit, or support of any priest,
preacher, minister, or other religious teacher or dignitary, or
sectarian institution as such.

Sooner_Havok
7/2/2009, 03:53 PM
From the Oklahoma State Constitution:

Yeah, but I mean, come on. Our state used to be communist, so you can't bring our constitution up about stuff.

Also, interesting fact, did you know Oklahoma State employees cannot accept free fair on trains.

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 03:55 PM
and she is making all OKLAHOMANS look like stark raving lunatics based on her "junk religion"
Gotta love it. Bigotry & hypocrisy, all in the same post even!

Sooner_Havok
7/2/2009, 03:56 PM
Gotta love it. Bigotry & hypocrisy, all in the same post even!

Well, I did learn from you master Jedi.

You PROVE her religion is correct and I will PROVE global warming is man made.

Deal?

Viking Kitten
7/2/2009, 03:56 PM
Bagder, I was there, and it was all kinds of fun. I will send you the You Tube link!

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 03:59 PM
And on what basis do you get off calling it junk science?On the basis that it is.

Oh no, was that another treason against the earth???

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 04:02 PM
Well, I did learn from you master Jedi.

You PROVE her religion is correct and I will PROVE global warming is man made.

Deal?

Deal.

Last I checked, there was much more archeological evidence of Biblical stories and evidence the earth has been warming or cooling or whatever the last 10 years.

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 04:02 PM
On the basis that it is.

Oh no, was that another treason against the earth???

So because you say so?

So then you have a degree in climatology? you've read all of the available literature?

Right. Didnt think so.

Sooner_Havok
7/2/2009, 04:03 PM
So because you say so?

So then you have a degree in climatology? you've read all of the available literature?

Right. Didnt think so.

I am just hoping he accepts my deal.

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 04:05 PM
Heh, how ironic...

NASA Global Warming Thug James Hansen to Call For "Crimes Againt Humanity" Charges Against Those Who "Spread Doubt" About His Hysterical Doomsayings

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/jun/23/fossilfuels.climatechange

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 04:05 PM
So because you say so?

Right. Didnt think so.

And you do??

Scott D
7/2/2009, 04:06 PM
but he didn't issue a proclamation!

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 04:09 PM
but he didn't issue a proclamation!
Thank God for that. Lord knows it would be law then.

Oh, wait..

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 04:18 PM
And you do??

No I dont have a climatology degree.

But, you can be damn sure that I have read a helluva a lot of the scientific literature before I took a stance on the issue.

And if a study or multiple studies came out that disproved my opinion I would go with that. Its called the scientific method.

Go check the preeminent journals, like Science, Nature, the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences - North America, or even the Public Library of Science. I have yet to see any study that has shown otherwise. And if it was that groundbreaking of a study that is where it would end up. Or it would have spread like wildfire through the scientific community and I would have seen it.

Sooner_Havok
7/2/2009, 04:24 PM
Well, guess he is done with me now. Hey Fraggle, you going to that astronomy lecture tonight?

OklahomaTuba
7/2/2009, 04:28 PM
And if a study or multiple studies came out that disproved my opinion I would go with that. Its called the scientific method.
Ditto.

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 04:29 PM
Nope, I'm down at the biostation working up my data and working on processing some genetics samples...

To bad though it'd be nice to see it.

Sooner_Havok
7/2/2009, 04:32 PM
Nope, I'm down at the biostation working up my data and working on processing some genetics samples...

To bad though it'd be nice to see it.

Yeah, I thought I was going to get to go, but I "volunteered" to work late at the library. How is your algae doing BTW?

sitzpinkler
7/2/2009, 04:37 PM
Ditto.

Just to stir the pot: :D

If the sun wasn't created until the fourth day, how could there have been days previous to that? Day and night are defined by the rising and setting of the sun. If there was no sun the previous three days, how could there have been day, evening and night as described in the bible previous to the sun's creation?

Turd_Ferguson
7/2/2009, 04:40 PM
Just to stir the pot: :D

If the sun wasn't created until the fourth day, how could there have been days previous to that? Day and night are defined by the rising and setting of the sun. If there was no sun the previous three days, how could there have been day, evening and night as described in the bible previous to the sun's creation?Your too ****'n stupid to understand the awesomeness of God. GADOCADWI.

soonervegas
7/2/2009, 04:43 PM
When did things change around here?

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I thought I was going to get to go, but I "volunteered" to work late at the library. How is your algae doing BTW?

The stuff I have in the lab is doing great. It isnt blooming in the lake right now, which is a good thing both for the lake (especially during this time of the year) and for me (saves me a lot of work!). But come next winter it will be there again like clockwork.

badger
7/2/2009, 04:54 PM
There's a video on that link I provided on the first post... it includes a little of the chanting and singing and such, but I was hoping for more of it... any Youtube links yet?

Sooner_Havok
7/2/2009, 04:56 PM
The stuff I have in the lab is doing great. It isnt blooming in the lake right now, which is a good thing both for the lake (especially during this time of the year) and for me (saves me a lot of work!). But come next winter it will be there again like clockwork.

That's cool. Now, you focus on chrysophytes right?

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 05:08 PM
That's cool. Now, you focus on chrysophytes right?

I work on Prymnesiophytes or Haptophytes. They are different in that they have a haptonema which is a unique flagellum type organ. My species is Prymnesium parvum

Its also cool because it can obtain energy either by photosynthesis or by heterotrophy. So it can make its own or eat someone/thing else!

http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/H/Karl.D.Hambright-1/Images/pp1.gif

Sooner_Havok
7/2/2009, 05:14 PM
I work on Prymnesiophytes or Haptophytes. They are different in that they have a haptonema which is a unique flagellum type organ. My species is Prymnesium parvum

Its also cool because it can obtain energy either by photosynthesis or by heterotrophy. So it can make its own or eat someone/thing else!

http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/H/Karl.D.Hambright-1/Images/pp1.gif

I thought I remembered you saying something about Golden Algae once. Oh well.

Your little Prymnesium parvum sound intersting though.

sitzpinkler
7/2/2009, 05:18 PM
Your too ****'n stupid to understand the awesomeness of God. GADOCADWI.

My too ****in' stupid? ;)

Fraggle145
7/2/2009, 05:39 PM
I thought I remembered you saying something about Golden Algae once. Oh well.

Your little Prymnesium parvum sound intersting though.

They are called golden algae also. So you remembered right! They used to in the same group until they were split off because of the haptonema.

Sooner_Havok
7/2/2009, 06:12 PM
They are called golden algae also. So you remembered right! They used to in the same group until they were split off because of the haptonema.

Ah, so it was my science that was rusty, not my mind. Well that is good to know.:D