PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Caravan Report, Wichita 6/30

BuckyB
7/2/2009, 09:36 AM
Here's a write up from Tuesday's stop in Wichita!

http://www.windmilltilting.com/coach-bo/sooner-caravan-report-wichita-630

badger
7/2/2009, 09:45 AM
Finally, OU AD Joe Castiglione - who’s put on some serious weight - told the crowd that the department’s cumulative student athlete GPA is just short of 3.0.
Something tells me when OU coaches get a raise, Joe C.'s salary isn't overlooked for raises too.

And he paid homage to the four players who backed off the NFL for another run - Sam Bradford, Jermaine Gresham, Trent Williams and Gerald McCoy.

“I think that speaks volumes for the kind of program we run,” Stoops said.

I really don't expect this to always be the case. It seems like players staying or going is not a reflection on their dedication to their university, but their family's financial need. Granted, I LOVE when players stay rather than go to the NFL, because I get to watch them longer and not play for a Packer-rival team. However, I don't think anyone questions the dedication to OU players that leave school early have for their school... they just needed to help their families, that's all.

Jimmy Wilkerson comes to mind.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/2/2009, 09:51 AM
He told the crowd that the Sooners will make another run at a natty next year - you know, that thing that Texans believe they’re entitled to, that thing that makes them cry like the entitled titty babies they are when it slips away - as it does every year.

Sadly, however, the OUAD seems to be lagging behind in the apartment collision department, with no reports of players under the influence - of a phone or whatever - crashing into buildings. I’m sure we can count on Joe to work on that weakness.

:D

continentalpong
7/3/2009, 02:39 PM
Gets me a little excited when people take shots at Texas like that.

Just sayin ...