PDA

View Full Version : Brian Vogler

Sabanball
7/1/2009, 11:16 PM
What's your guys gut feeling on him?? He supposedly has narrowed it down to you guys and us. Obviously, I hope we get him, but right now I think it could go either way.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/2/2009, 01:08 AM
A high three-star guy, on Scout. Why are you so impressed by him?

CK Sooner
7/2/2009, 09:27 AM

:rolleyes:

CK Sooner
7/2/2009, 09:28 AM
What's your guys gut feeling on him?? He supposedly has narrowed it down to you guys and us. Obviously, I hope we get him, but right now I think it could go either way.

He has stated it is 50/50 right now. We do use our tight ends better than you guy's do no matter what anyone says. It would be a smart choice to choose us if he wants to move onto the NFL after college.

IronHorseSooner
7/2/2009, 03:11 PM
Gresham's highlight reel out to be the best recruiting tool we have to get him.

MojoRisen
7/9/2009, 09:49 AM
This guy is a giant - why is Georgia out for him or not recruiting him?

I think we have about 3 offers out to top TE Prospects, we got Gabe Ikard last year, Musil probably HBACK/FB and James Hannah is pretty young.

I think we go with the first recruit who commits. Hopefully Volger will be able to make a decision before the season starts? That is my gut

wisconsincowboy
7/9/2009, 09:50 PM
I really hope we get volger and then her has a better career then xavier grimble just to show what a mistake he made.

pappy
7/10/2009, 03:55 AM
I hope we get Vogler too he's got the size and speed to do a lot of damage.

Sabanball
7/14/2009, 12:29 PM

First, his size. At 6'7" and 245, he's a matchup problem for any defense. Also seems to have good hands with the football. He's not real fast, but with his ability to shed tackles he's going to get a lot of YAC yards.

He said recently on an Atlanta radion that he doesn't want to play in a spread offense, but I still think he is seriously considering you guys because of your O's rather unique use of the TE position--also said distance from home is not a factor. Unlike my gut feeling with Demarco Cobbs, though, I think in the end we'll get this kid. But he couldn't go wrong going to Norman, either...He said he's going to likely make a decision in the late summer/early fall--so it should not be long before he announces. Guess we'll just have to wait and see on this one...

Sabanball
7/14/2009, 12:32 PM
This guy is a giant - why is Georgia out for him or not recruiting him
I think we have about 3 offers out to top TE Prospects, we got Gabe Ikard last year, Musil probably HBACK/FB and James Hannah is pretty young.

I think we go with the first recruit who commits. Hopefully Volger will be able to make a decision before the season starts? That is my gut

Georgia has loaded up on TE's the last two recruiting classes and so informed him they would not be offering him a scholly on that basis.

CapstoneGrad06
7/19/2009, 06:33 PM
Brian Vogler just wrapped up his two day visit to Alabama, and will be making a decision very soon.

snp
7/20/2009, 01:37 PM
He's going to Bama.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/20/2009, 01:42 PM
He's going to Bama.St. Nick brings gifts!

snp
7/20/2009, 01:55 PM
I wish. Looks like we're all getting coal in our tight end recruiting stocking.

Sabanball
7/20/2009, 04:41 PM
He's going to Bama.

I think at this point everyone involved with his recruitment would be shocked if it ends up being anyone else.

CK Sooner
7/20/2009, 09:37 PM
Brian Vogler committed to Alabama today.

Curly Bill
7/20/2009, 09:46 PM
I thought he was announcing Wednesday? What happened, was he in a hurry to cash his check before it could bounce?

goingoneight
7/21/2009, 12:21 AM
At least he's not going to gimmick his way to success elsewhere. Bama runs a lot of similar stuff we do that gives pro scouts an easier look film-wise to determine whether or not they can make the transition to a pro-set eventually.

Sabanball
7/21/2009, 10:46 AM
His decision is set to be announced tomorrow.

CK Sooner
7/21/2009, 12:59 PM

He is, but I have inside information.

Sabanball
7/21/2009, 01:38 PM
He is, but I have inside information.

What's your "inside information" on Demarco Cobbs?;)

CK Sooner
7/21/2009, 02:29 PM

I got nothing.

:D

mikeelikee
7/22/2009, 10:07 AM
Looks like we have already signed a 6' 7", 250-pound fast tight end....Lane Johnson out of Kilgore JC, so that will take some of the sting out of Vogler going to Bama.

boomersooner28
7/23/2009, 09:54 PM

Did he ever make it official?

soonerfan28
7/24/2009, 09:04 AM

I think he's a Bama lean, but he could stay home and play for OU. He's a heck of an athlete, but 4.75 isn't impressive. Who knows, that's about what MK ran.

Sabanball
7/24/2009, 12:24 PM
I think he's a Bama lean, but he could stay home and play for OU. He's a heck of an athlete, but 4.75 isn't impressive. Who knows, that's about what MK ran.

Well, I'll say this--He does seem intent on going out of state, and I think that works in our favor. From everything I'm reading in the past several days since he camped with us, I really think this may be more of a Bama/Tennessee battle than one between you guys and us.

Sabanball
7/24/2009, 12:25 PM
Did he ever make it official?

Yes. He announced on wednesday.

soonerfan28
7/24/2009, 12:35 PM
Well, I'll say this--He does seem intent on going out of state, and I think that works in our favor. From everything I'm reading in the past several days since he camped with us, I really think this may be more of a Bama/Tennessee battle than one between you guys and us.

I think he ran that time at USC's camp so I'm curious to know if he still has a USC offer.

Sabanball
7/24/2009, 01:02 PM
I think he ran that time at USC's camp so I'm curious to know if he still has a USC offer.

I think USC is out of contention. It was discussed on another thread.

soonerfan28
7/24/2009, 01:10 PM
I think USC is out of contention. It was discussed on another thread.

Yea, I've been off of here for a couple of weeks.