PDA

View Full Version : Dang! The WH has alienated Helen Thomas!

Okla-homey
7/1/2009, 08:26 PM
The woman has been attending these pressers since the Truman Administration and she's fed up with Gibbs & Co.

http://www.breitbart.tv/white-house-reporters-grill-gibbs-over-selected-questions-for-obama/

Petro-Sooner
7/1/2009, 08:37 PM
Hope and change

StoopTroup
7/1/2009, 08:42 PM
Yep.

Pretty horrible how he handled their grievances.

Sooner24
7/1/2009, 10:24 PM
Helen and Chip will be moved to the back of the room after that.

StoopTroup
7/1/2009, 10:35 PM
Helen and Chip will be moved to the back of the room after that.

Wonder if they'll be notified by email?

yermom
7/1/2009, 10:57 PM
i'm thinking she's been an alien the whole time

http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/helen%20thomas.jpg

yermom
7/1/2009, 11:13 PM
oh, and i liked Dana Perino better

Curly Bill
7/1/2009, 11:17 PM
I have a little bit of respect for at least part of the press after that.

Sooner24
7/1/2009, 11:30 PM
i'm thinking she's been an alien the whole time

But would you hit it? :hot:

Sooner24
7/1/2009, 11:39 PM
You're thinking about aren't you? :pop:

yermom
7/1/2009, 11:51 PM
i'm still thinking about Dana Perino

SCOUT
7/2/2009, 12:01 AM
I think Helen Thomas should have retired long ago, but I understand that she has become an institution. I am amazed though that she used the phrase, "We have never had that in the White House." Given her tenure, that is quite a statement.

MrJimBeam
7/2/2009, 05:02 AM

Thank you Mr. President.........pfffttt, BURP!!

StoopTroup
7/2/2009, 10:37 AM
I think Helen Thomas should have retired long ago, but I understand that she has become an institution. I am amazed though that she used the phrase, "We have never had that in the White House." Given her tenure, that is quite a statement.

Got to thinking about that last night....

Yes the current administration is doing things that have never been done at the WH before....I think President Obama is just now getting around to folks like Helen Thomas possibly. Maybe he's tired of them being in control and decided to mix them up a bit. Pissing on the same old folks who seem to think they have the right to a seat up front every press conference might be another way at making some changes. It might seem that they are trying to control the media....but on the other hand...is the media always trying to trap or guide the American People's view?

Imagine if you've been waiting in the wings for Helen to decide to retire and her spot has been promised to you by your Boss and suddenly The White House decides to do things differently. I would imagine I'd be pretty upset too, however having things the same for decades may not be in our best interest either.

Should be interesting to watch from here on out.

picasso
7/2/2009, 12:08 PM
Got to thinking about that last night....

Yes the current administration is doing things that have never been done at the WH before....I think President Obama is just now getting around to folks like Helen Thomas possibly. Maybe he's tired of them being in control and decided to mix them up a bit. Pissing on the same old folks who seem to think they have the right to a seat up front every press conference might be another way at making some changes. It might seem that they are trying to control the media....but on the other hand...is the media always trying to trap or guide the American People's view?

Imagine if you've been waiting in the wings for Helen to decide to retire and her spot has been promised to you by your Boss and suddenly The White House decides to do things differently. I would imagine I'd be pretty upset too, however having things the same for decades may not be in our best interest either.

Should be interesting to watch from here on out.

geez bro I think you're way off on this one. the press has given Obama a free pass up until now. A boost even. Sooner or later they will slowly turn on you and when they do you'd better be ready. I'm afraid team Obama may not be too seasoned in dealing with adversity.
Or seasoned in anything really.

picasso
7/2/2009, 12:09 PM
also, of course the press tries to control the public opinion but so does every administration.

no change there.

soonerhubs
7/2/2009, 12:29 PM
It's been a few years since I took my Public Relations course, but that Press Secretary seems to need to go back and study his notes on what to say at these pressers.

swardboy
7/2/2009, 12:31 PM
I'm no Helen Thomas fan, but the old girl was on her game there...Gibbs saying we'll have this conversation after the town meeting...Helen: We're having this conversation NOW. Gibbs "What pattern?" Helen: "It's a pattern of controlling the press." She was quick.

Some think the tone in the press room changed after Major Garrett asked Obama what took him so long to get outraged about the Iranian show of force against protestors.