PDA

View Full Version : California

AggieTool
7/1/2009, 08:31 AM
Do you know what happened 159 years ago this fall.. back in 1850?

California became a state.

-The people had no electricity.
-The state had no money.
-Almost everyone spoke Spanish.
-There were gunfights in the streets.

So basically nothing has changed except the women had real boobs and the men didn't hold hands. :rolleyes:

badger
7/1/2009, 08:38 AM
Following California politics and news in general is funny.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/1/2009, 09:48 AM
We need to seriously cut back on the size and scope of these government checks. You can't imagine how many gov't bureaucrats there are making 80K to 120K, retire young and draw pensions and health care for decades, all on the taxpayers dime.

Everyone who gets paid with a gov't check should feel a little bit ashamed for not working in the private sector.

Gov Arnold is planning to furlough gov't workers a third day in July. But that's like pissing in the Pacific ocean.

His proposal to totally revamp the state pension system is a good start.

StoopTroup
7/1/2009, 09:50 AM
So he's gonna terminate something? :D

SanJoaquinSooner
7/1/2009, 09:54 AM
So he's gonna terminate something? :D

but he may need the help of the autobots

OklahomaTuba
7/1/2009, 11:36 AM
So, when does Obama bail their poor arses out????

I know I can't wait to pay for the stupidity of Californians.

1890MilesToNorman
7/1/2009, 11:48 AM
Wasn't Californy supposed to split off into the ocean by now?

Scott D
7/1/2009, 11:52 AM
My personal favorite is that California may pay Michigan to hold prisoners in currently shut down prisons in Michigan.

StoopTroup
7/1/2009, 12:09 PM
Wasn't Californy supposed to split off into the ocean by now?

The NCAA is still looking into it. :pop:

picasso
7/1/2009, 12:31 PM
We need to seriously cut back on the size and scope of these government checks. You can't imagine how many gov't bureaucrats there are making 80K to 120K, retire young and draw pensions and health care for decades, all on the taxpayers dime.

Everyone who gets paid with a gov't check should feel a little bit ashamed for not working in the private sector.

Gov Arnold is planning to furlough gov't workers a third day in July. But that's like pissing in the Pacific ocean.

His proposal to totally revamp the state pension system is a good start.
you need to cut back on giveaways to the public. especially those who aren't legally a citizen.

NormanPride
7/1/2009, 12:41 PM
My personal favorite is that California may pay Michigan to hold prisoners in currently shut down prisons in Michigan.

Hey, it can be like "Escape from Michigan"!

Scott D
7/1/2009, 01:02 PM
Hey, it can be like "Escape from Michigan"!

Apparently we already have an agreement with Alaska....shouldn't one state that doesn't have overcrowded prisons be Alaska?