PDA

View Full Version : Madoff gets the max

olevetonahill
6/29/2009, 12:52 PM
Lets see hes 71 now , He should be able to get out when he's 221. That works

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bernard-Madoff-gets-maximum-apf-2853330016.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

Boomer.....
6/29/2009, 01:07 PM
Even though it's a white collar crime, he deserves it.

MojoRisen
6/29/2009, 01:11 PM
That was financial murder on epic levels.

badger
6/29/2009, 01:15 PM
I wonder if he's going to a place with conjugal visits or the "pound me in the arse prison" variety.

Oldnslo
6/29/2009, 02:14 PM
couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

OklahomaTuba
6/29/2009, 04:13 PM
That will teach him. He won't be doing that again.

stoopified
6/29/2009, 04:43 PM
His is the only white-collar crime I have ever heard of worthy of capital punishment.

Okla-homey
6/29/2009, 07:17 PM
I just wish they'd also charge his Carmela Soprano wife. And the sons, who were also willing accomplices. I've read he 'fessed up to save their sorry arses.

AlbqSooner
6/29/2009, 08:07 PM
I agree Homey. I think the position of the Justice Department, as well as several other Federal entities is that they hope this sentence will make the whole thing go away.

MojoRisen
6/29/2009, 08:45 PM
Not to mention moving a couple of million in jewelery to his family and not even revoking his bond.

bluedogok
6/29/2009, 08:53 PM
I wonder if he's going to a place with conjugal visits or the "pound me in the arse prison" variety.
"Max" may be his new roommate.....

sooner ngintunr
6/29/2009, 08:59 PM
I wouldn't give my money to someone who promised me 12% return. jes sayin.

The greed came from all sides in this deal and there were plenty of enablers along the way.

He should rot in prison for sure I'm also sure that there are numerous accountants and investment firm workers "involved" that should as well.

MojoRisen
6/29/2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah but even loosing 50% is not like thinking your making money and being smart- compared to realizing that you are being robbed by a pyramid scheme. Sick man ... If I saw him I would kill the son o b my self..

He stole billions, right in our face.. and at the cost of a lot of peoples parents.

sooner ngintunr
6/29/2009, 09:08 PM
I just think its, ahhh, interesting, that the people he scammed were all multi-millionares looking to make over 10%+ annual returns on multi million $$$ investments.

Greed is bad and it fueled both sides of this scheme. Investment firms had their hands in the cookie jar just as much as anyone else.

Heck, someone tipped off the SEC about him over 10 years ago and they did nothing.

I do feel sorry for the people that lost their retirements though. This is one instance where I think the feds screwed the people in the name of the free market.

MojoRisen
6/29/2009, 09:10 PM
Greed is good, naive I agree...

He planned on robbing them, most scum bag investment guys would love to make money on **** poor investments.

bluedogok
6/29/2009, 09:10 PM
There was an article in the paper about some state funds who placed investments with a firm who invested with Madoff, they are suing that firm now for losses, you can bet they damn sure took the profits that came before that. Too many people think "investing" is a sure thing when in reality it is marginally better odds than Las Vegas. If you're willing to take the big profits you should be willing to take big losses even if it is from a screw job. If those would have been invested in conservative funds, then in their end game they would probably be further ahead than some big gains for a few years and them the bottom dropping out....much like the OSU/Pickens deal. All of them became addicted to the greed associated with that world, they need to accept their failures as well.

MojoRisen
6/29/2009, 09:16 PM
I much rather gamble than bet on the market that is consumed with Oil Prices and Terrrorism - than actual company profits. I make much more and have fun. When I loose well- I was entertained.

Some of these tards can't turn off that cable channel that predicts everything 24 hours in advance of a basic crash or gain. Meanwhile they have their money locked up - like gambling. or they will be called

Crucifax Autumn
6/29/2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah, at least in sports betting you can actually see the teams in action.

What madoff was pulling is akin to filming an entire 2 fake games to make one team look unbeatable and a team in the other look like they couldn't win a queefing contest and then putting in the real "winning" team and they are 3 year old girls and the "losing" team which consists of the all time pro-bowl team.